• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:59
CEST 23:59
KST 06:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8009 users

Mass Gaming Stamina

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Qwerty.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States292 Posts
July 16 2010 03:26 GMT
#1
Since I'm taking summer classes now I have a lot of free time, and of course, rather than go outside I choose to sit in front of my computer. With the end of the beta fast approaching I'm sure we all want to get a lot of play time in before the second wait prior to release. However, I'm finding my mental stamina for training, if it can be called that, is a lot weaker than I'd like. Sure, I'll plunk down in front of my monitor and say, "OK, time to rock this shit", but after about 6 to 10 games, particularly after a string of losses I feel either discouraged or my willpower weakening. Of course, massing mindlessly without analysis is not very useful, so I'm including that in my playtime. Also I'm obviously taking breaks to eat as well. I'm sure many TLers struggle with their focus and endurance while playing; what do you all do when trying to play a bunch? Pretend you're a progamer? Take replay/relaxation breaks? Ultimately (most of us) are playing this game for fun, but this being a site about competitive Starcraft I imagine many of you find yourselves in the same situation.

Poll: How many games do you usually play at a time?

3-5 (164)
 
51%

6-10 (70)
 
22%

1-2 (43)
 
13%

11-20 (29)
 
9%

21-40 (10)
 
3%

40+ (8)
 
2%

324 total votes

Your vote: How many games do you usually play at a time?

(Vote): 1-2
(Vote): 3-5
(Vote): 6-10
(Vote): 11-20
(Vote): 21-40
(Vote): 40+

TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
July 16 2010 03:28 GMT
#2
21-40. I like to game for a while and then take a good break. Especially since my work schedule is off the wall.
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
Winks
Profile Joined July 2010
United States78 Posts
July 16 2010 03:28 GMT
#3
6-10 if I'm playing ranked... much more if I'm messing around hopping between unranked matches and custom games.
Have no fear or apprehension of the afterlife; the same force that gave you life and sustained it these years will provide for you again when your time for death has come.
FC.Strike
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States621 Posts
July 16 2010 03:29 GMT
#4
The most I can stand is usually 4 or 5 hours at a time, regardless of the number of games played. After that 4 hour mark, I can feel my play rapidly deteriorate.

I think that like anything, the amount of time you can play at your best is something that comes with a lot of practice. Even though it's just sitting in front of a screen, your brain is still running quickly and making tough decisions for hours at a time.
--------------------------> My Smiley Face Disagrees, Your Argument is Invalid -------------------------->
v3chr0
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States856 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-16 03:30:28
July 16 2010 03:30 GMT
#5
3-5 games then usually something comes up or I take a break, that is during the week. Works out pretty well, on the weekends or weeks where I have extra time, possibly 6-15 games per session.
"He catches him with his pants down, backs him off into a corner, and then it's over." - Khaldor
Ndugu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1078 Posts
July 16 2010 03:30 GMT
#6
I can only play a lot of games if I'm winning. I tend to take a break whenever 2-3 losses accumulate.
sinn
Profile Joined May 2010
United States132 Posts
July 16 2010 03:30 GMT
#7
i'm gonna be honest i've played over 12 hours straight of other games before lol. sc2 takes too much mental processing though i usually get tired after 6-7
Postman
Profile Joined July 2010
United States269 Posts
July 16 2010 03:31 GMT
#8
Usually I'll play around 5 games, then take a break after one of them is particularly draining or after a string of losses. Play some lower stress 2v2s, custom maps, or just grab a snack and watch something on Hulu.

I think part of long sessions meant for getting better should include just practicing certain openings/builds in a custom game either against AI or a training buddy without worrying about winning league matches which (in my experience) make you lose steam faster.
Squirrel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
July 16 2010 03:35 GMT
#9
6-10, take a 30 minute to an hour break, then another 6-10. Basically like that throughout the whole day.
Kaasflipje
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands198 Posts
July 16 2010 03:37 GMT
#10
6-10, and I watch most of my replays.
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
July 16 2010 03:47 GMT
#11
Self control is a very very important skill to have when doing anything competetive. If you cannot sit there and play over 30 games because you're losing, thats something you really have to work on if you want to be the best. With that said, you dont have to put in all that much time to be a good player, but to be the best, yeah it has to be done, and you have to be able to control yourself.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
Eeeegor
Profile Joined April 2005
Australia809 Posts
July 16 2010 03:49 GMT
#12
I can play the entire day (ie - from 9am through till past midnight, stopping for short food and toilet breaks), providing that I'm not just grinding randoms on a ladder but playing with practice partners or people I know. That definitely helps my gaming stamina
Day9 Made Me Do It
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
July 16 2010 03:50 GMT
#13
I play about 3-5 before I take a break, but I take a short (10 minute) break and then continue playing. I usually play for many hours straight or not at all, depends what I'm doing on the given day.
i-bonjwa
Onlinejaguar
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia2823 Posts
July 16 2010 03:51 GMT
#14
i can play ranked games in 5-10 game blocks then i need to take a break for 30 min to an hour doing customs or something away from the computer.
mufin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States616 Posts
July 16 2010 03:54 GMT
#15
Play 5 games. Analyze the losses. Let it simmer for about a day. Make a decision if my builds need further tweaking. Then do 5 more games. Rinse and repeat.

at least thats how i roll with my sc2. Currently 13:6 with 2 of those losses not only being disconnects but also being placements
I only make 5 actions per minute. But since I use all my time deliberating and planning, my 5 actions are so brutally devastating that children cry out and grown men weep.
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
July 16 2010 04:07 GMT
#16
3-5 games at a time. I then usually take a break for a bit and reflect on the games I played.
Pokemonxoxo
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States217 Posts
July 16 2010 04:09 GMT
#17
1-2 games if its 1v1. I normally play lots of custom games. It's just that i'm not so good and 1v1 makes me stress a little.
Within and Without
xiaofan
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States513 Posts
July 16 2010 04:09 GMT
#18
no1 who takes the time to respond to this poll is really 40+
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
July 16 2010 04:14 GMT
#19
I think after about 45 minutes of gaming (whether it be one long game or three 15 minute ones.) It is good to stand up and walk around. You might get a pilonidal cyst if you don't. >_>
Antimage
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1293 Posts
July 16 2010 04:15 GMT
#20
i play one game a day, then go to bed =)
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O197
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason151
BRAT_OK 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1038
ZZZero.O 197
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm8
League of Legends
Doublelift4825
JimRising 585
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5870
Other Games
summit1g8813
FrodaN3180
KnowMe250
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV290
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1105
• Shiphtur166
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 2m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.