• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:18
CEST 01:18
KST 08:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9368 users

Mass Gaming Stamina - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Hidden_MotiveS
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada2562 Posts
July 16 2010 04:16 GMT
#21
Ughhh, I played three games today, and I'm really tired. I feel like it's 3 am even though its only 12. Haven't played in a while.

Starcraft is mentally tiring.
Vinnesta
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Singapore285 Posts
July 16 2010 04:29 GMT
#22
Personally I find that 10 games is A LOT for one day. The number feels small, but if you consider that each game takes from 12 minutes to over 40 min (excluding rushes; those aren't really "games" =p), you are spending anywhere from 2 hours to over SIX hours in game. Add in your toilet breaks, meals, and analysis, you just might be spending 8 hours on it, A DAY.
Same difference is not an oxymoron!
theRiverX
Profile Joined June 2010
Malaysia59 Posts
July 16 2010 04:37 GMT
#23
I can't spend more than 2 hours playing consecutively. It's stressful not only to my brain but also it's physically stressful. It's bad for your back, arms, wrists (carpel tunnel syndrome is possible), eyes. Not something to be taken lightly.
VanGarde
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden755 Posts
July 16 2010 04:38 GMT
#24
Many are the keys to good gaming stamina and most people tend to disregard all of them. The number one key to good game stamina is those really boring things, ergonomics and posture. If you got your computer space set up right and you are using good posture then that will vastly extend how long you can play. Good posture improves breathing and you will not get that feeling of your mind being dumbed down after a while.

Mini breaks is the other key, You can sit for several hours straight and then get tired and you end up needing a long break. But if you take 2 minutes between each game, get out of the chair, walk around, get a glas of water. Then you can sit forever without getting really tired. The key with the short breaks is to stand up and focus your eyes on something that is not the screen. Eye strain and prolonged sitting down is the two things that does the most to make you tire fast at the computer.

Also take breaks in between games to stretch your wrists, forearms, neck, roll your shoulders ten times one direction and then ten times in the other to improve blood flow to your arms. I can sit for 12 hours straight with no issue without getting pains or feeling tired and since I keep doing a lot of stretching exercises between games my muscles and joints are still soft as ever when I am done.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
July 16 2010 04:42 GMT
#25
YA, i get a little to stressed out playing 1v1 so i can usually do about 5. If i am playing more fun or messing around i can last longer. The ums games i can go all day haha
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 16 2010 04:47 GMT
#26
It depends, if I'm laddering then I usually play 6-10 games then take a short break and maybe play one custom game and browse forums a little bit, then play another 6-10 games. If I'm practicing with a practice partner, then I will play infinite games until either he has to go or I have to go to sleep/eat food.
DrakanSilva
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Chile932 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-16 04:53:24
July 16 2010 04:47 GMT
#27
I understand you because i also had to find out a way to be able to play games in my best conditions.

My very best record of games are 2 to 3 hours of straight playing non stop, makin around 15 to 20 games in one time.


BUT
i must have slept very well.
It means i must not be tired at all.
After having lunch, or dinner (if i have time in the night, and i-m not sleepy).
With the build orders wandering on my head and watching the map im playing and repeat the same strat to train it over and over again.
close messenger, webpages, everything.
focus on playing.
A cup of tea right next to me, and maybe a cigarrete for 5 minutes break
.

After playing 5 to 7 games i stop to watch the repays of the game o lost in really fast speed cz i usually know what i missed (macro, scouting, supply cap, lack of expansion, wrong unit composition, others).
I usually go 3 to 5 wins, and 2 or 3 loss, then 3 to 5 wins again (because the ladder works like that, if im really inspired i can go to 7 wins in a row but then its really hard to win again). it doesnt matter to lose... you just need to play all the freaking time...

I was able to do that more time than i thought i could, and without any distraction,

I-m able to play that many games cz some games doesnt last more than 7 to 12 minutes because i always train fast timing rushes, and sometimes it works and i win, and sometimes it doesnt and i lose right away and other it doesnt work and the game last 30 minutes.

I dislike turtling, so im always harrasing, and that means u can win fast or lose fast but is the only way to train macro and micro at the same time.

thats my 2 cents, im not a pro player, and i niether do this everyday of the week because im a disorganized person... but i think it can be a really good way to improve, i was a warcraft 3 player and i wasnt that good at frozen throne, but i feel good when im able to be at least around the top 20 of my diamond league... it might not mean nothing to you but at least it means im not plat, gold, silver or copper like some other friends of mine that doesnt give the time to train at all... or just play in a really messy way...

I try... hehe thats all... i havent played BW for 10 years and only played 2 years of war3 compitetively it was my first RTS i ever played against somebody else. im not a gosu gamer but i try to do what i can :D.



In the beginning there was nothing... and then exploded
Monk___
Profile Joined March 2010
United States123 Posts
July 16 2010 04:49 GMT
#28
For me it is kind of weird now. I have a busier schedule so there is a lot of days I can only play 1-2 games. But then I will have a free day with nothing to do. Maybe one of those a week. I can play 30-40 games on these days as long as I'm in the mood for it.
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
July 16 2010 04:49 GMT
#29
Starting a couple days ago I have been trying to just play for 2 hours straight, no pauses It makes you more numb to losing, and you can analyze your play after the session if you wish to.

Up until recently I would play based on if I won or not...to sum it up, I was being a pussy.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
Trowabarton756
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States870 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-16 05:00:44
July 16 2010 04:54 GMT
#30
On July 16 2010 13:09 xiaofan wrote:
no1 who takes the time to respond to this poll is really 40+


...right because its not like theres this magical thing called a que where Im forced to wait for SC2 to find me an opponent...

also tips for gaining stamina. Keep playing, play till you find yourself unable to continue, then take a 5 minute break and keep playing. Do this repeatedly for many days(my usual is about 10-12 days of as many games as i can fit into my schedule), then take a break for a day or two, playing only a small fraction of what you normally play. This is to let your muscles relax while at the same time allowing you to "keep up" so to speak on training them for the memorization. Unfortunately because of my life I can't practice as much as pro gamers but I still get a good 5-10 hours in on a day where I got nothing else to do. Infact today i played roughly 30 something games easily.

edit-ninja edits!:
Don't be afriad to do stretches and hold your arms up to drain the lactic acid.
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Trowabarton756
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
July 16 2010 04:57 GMT
#31
I generally play 5-10 games a day, at 3-5 per session, generally one in the morning/early afternoon and one at night.

What I've found is that after 3-5 games I've usually lost a couple and my mind starts losing focus and thinking about how I lost. Then I keep losing and create a self fulfilling prophecy. So I have to take some time off and stop thinking about it for a while. Then I come back and start with a fresh slate.
Moderator
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
July 16 2010 04:59 GMT
#32
40+? I call shenanigans.

I try to play atleast 5 a day. Usually more depending on what my schedule is for the day. I watch a lot of SC2 though too.
Life is Good.
MuTT
Profile Joined July 2010
United States398 Posts
July 16 2010 05:03 GMT
#33
why is 40+ games there lol that is ridiculous.. that is like 10 hours straight.. idra only does 4 hour periods and i thought he was insane lol
MC's strength: confidence weakness: over confidence
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
July 16 2010 05:16 GMT
#34
I can't really tell how long I am playing without a break. It depends on the games.
If I have a 50minute harcore econgame with a lot of action it will certainly take more stamina then a straight win after 17 minutes.

A cigarette after a loss or a few breaths of fresh air in between games is definitely helpful for me.

When I remember how we played for 2-5 days straight up during early LANs without a real break (besides when the pizza arrived), I am suddenly feeling really old....
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
kakumei
Profile Joined August 2009
United States4 Posts
July 16 2010 11:14 GMT
#35
3-5, then my wrists tend to hurt :O

i normally play around 100apm, but lately ive been playing at around 150, so thats prolly why i can't play for as long as i used to

i used to be able to go like 10-15 matches without pooping out though
HubertFelix
Profile Joined April 2010
France631 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-16 11:20:32
July 16 2010 11:20 GMT
#36
After 4-5 games I need a pause. Losing a game after a long game session can be very annoying. If I play too much, I can get kind of angry after a lose
You lose focus too, you play better with pauses.

Dillingerz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States54 Posts
July 16 2010 14:20 GMT
#37
I play 2-10 games a day usually. I like to take time between every match to get something to drink, piss, eat, talk to someone IRL, or something like that to remind me I'm in the real world or I'll sit there from 10pm to 6am playing nonstop.
Never underestimate puddles
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
July 16 2010 14:25 GMT
#38
i'm surprised by the result of this pool, turns out we're more casuals than we though ^
twitter@RickyMarou
ViRo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States137 Posts
July 16 2010 14:26 GMT
#39
I tend to play 2-3 games, then get up and do something else then come back 5-10 minutes later. I've also noticed I'll play more when I lose consistently. On a daily level I think I play about 10-20 games.
The back door was open.....so.....
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-16 14:35:05
July 16 2010 14:34 GMT
#40
Hmmm, I'd say 3-5 games. I usually lose interest playing more in 1 go. But I usually stretch my wrist and fingers after every game. I go watch the news, go for a walk with my dog, make some tea after 3-5 games in a row.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings30
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O158
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1123
ZZZero.O 158
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Doublelift4869
JimRising 704
Other Games
summit1g8791
FrodaN2796
KnowMe208
C9.Mang059
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1022
• Shiphtur182
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 42m
Replay Cast
23h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.