• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:25
CEST 16:25
KST 23:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8897 users

[Interview] SportsQ Interviews Kal

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
July 09 2010 01:30 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Host: Hello everyone. First, let’s ask Kal to say hi to the fans of SportsQ.
-Hello everyone, I’m STX Soul’s Kal. Recently I’ve been somewhat depressed, so I hope everyone doesn’t focus on the depressing questions, and ask more fun questions. ^^

Recently the team hasn’t been doing well. What’s the team’s atmosphere like now?
-ㅎㅎ Such a tragic question from the very start. The team hasn’t been doing very well, but luckily the atmosphere isn’t too bad. But it’s true it’s slightly gloomy. I hope we can quickly win and return to the happy times.

Recently your team’s other ace, Calm, is slumping. Is Kal being burdened by this? IS that the reason for your poor condition?
-No, that’s not a burden. When Calm-hyung slumps, I should pick up the slack and do even better, but in the end, I’m slumping too, which makes me feel like I’m letting the team down. The season’s long, I guess everyone’s getting a bit fatigued at the end. When we get a chance to relax and recuperate we’ll be fine.

You always seem to choke in front of strong opponents, and you seem sensitive to your surroundings. Are you easily affected by the atmosphere?
-Yes, it’s true. I didn’t want to admit in the beginning, but I’m quite sensitive. So, I need to pay attention to this, and must overcome it. ㅎㅎ I’ll try my best ^^

How fast does Kal type?
-Um, I haven’t tested it recently, so I don’t know. I just know I was never afraid of typing tests in middle school. But I don’t think I’ve gotten any better lately ㅠㅠ

[image loading]

Who are you on the best terms with in the team? Who do you live with?
-I have the best relation with Calm-hyung and Shuttle. I live with Calm-hyung ㅎㅎ

You treat Calm like Santa Claus. What does this mean?
-Yeah, Calm-hyung always tells me to do things. We live together, but I never have a free moment. I’m always cleaning up and other stuff, I’m responsible for all of it. ㅠㅠ

In a few hours your team’s Shuttle is about to play in the MSL, did you help him? Also, what do you plan on doing for the group selection ceremony?
-I should’ve helped Shuttle more, but I didn’t, heh, sorry about that. I hope he can do well today, I’ll be praying for him. As for a performance that’s a bit difficult ㅎㅎ I prepared one last time, but I drew a blank after winning, so I didn’t do it. I can’t overcome the stage fright, so performing is difficult…

Does Calm, nicknamed “Conan” [T/N: Detective Conan] also solve cases in everyday life?
-In life, a lot of things happen, but everyone can put on a façade, everyone looks like a criminal, so even though Calm-hyung wants to solve it, he gets frustrated more often than not.

Host: Haha, so he’s not a Detective yet.
Recently a lot of players are revealing juicy stuff through SportsQ, can Kal tell us something too!
-Calm-hyung’s life is very strict and organized, there’s nothing to reveal ㅎㅎ
Frozen-hyung’s nickname is [I have no idea WTF this is, someone halp lol] Shuttle’s a bit unclean, that’s all I can.

What do you do during breaks?
-I go out to hang out with friends. ㅎㅎ It gets cramped staying inside all the time, so I go outside to get some air.

Are you afraid to break rules when playing football? I saw on the STX page before that you’re the king of penalties.
-I didn’t break many rules before, it’s an issue of the picture’s angle. I’m a gentleman when I play sports.

You seem to be the tallest one around. What’s the secret to getting so tall? And what do you do about skincare, it seems your skin’s much better than before.
-Secret to being tall…there are serious answers and there are joke answers…eat more to be tall I guess ㅋ A serious answer would be everyone’s different ㅋ As for skin, I changed cosmetics. The ones I’ve been using are more expensive, so my skin’s better now.

Even if you were 10cm shorter you’d still be pretty tall. So if you had to give away the 10cm to someone, who would you give it to?
-I’d give it to Notice. Because he’s short, he always looks so depressed. Calm-hyung and Shuttle already came to terms with it, so I don’t have to give it to them.

Who are you closest with from the other teams? Who do you want to know better?
-I’m on good terms with Puma, fantasy, Flash, han. They’re all from by., so we’re close ㅎ I want to be on better terms with people who I can hang out with during breaks ^^~

How’s your relationship with Jaedong? I remember you said in an interview before that you wanted to be closer to him, and asked how old he was. Are you guys close now?
-No ㅎㅎ I thought I could get close with him before, but I don’t’ feel that way anymore. We don’t even have a chance to talk, I guess that’s why…

Yesterday Jaedong said he wants to steal Kal’s height. Thoughts? Also, what does Kal want from other people?
-If I gave him my height, I won’t have anything left ㅠㅠ I definitely won’t give that up ㅋ I want to steal Jaedong-hyung’s achievements ㅠㅠ

What’s Leta for Kal?
-Leta-hyung is a hyung I really like ㅋㅋ When I see Leta-hyung I’m reminded of my ex-girlfriend, they seem similar ㅋ So I have good feelings of rhim…something like that… ㅋ

Host: These are dangerous words…
What songs do Kal like? What’s Kal’s favorite female group?
-Um, I just listen to some new songs, hard to list. I like 4minute. I like Hyuna ㅋ

Kal, is your ideal girl “very feminine and cute?”
-Um, yes ㅎㅎ Recently I added another thing ^^ if she’s very sexy, that’d be awesome too. Joking, joking.

So greedy. Are you on Twitter?
-Nope, I never went on it. A lot of people mention Twitter, but I don’t even know how to get on it. Even if I do it I can’t manage it well ㅠ

Host: You can go ask Stork about it.
Kal’s nickname is “The Red Shuttle” and “The Juggler.” Is it because of your Shuttle micro? Also, are you satisfied with your nickname?
-To get an opportunity to win, I like to focus on Shuttle micro, so I guess my micro’s good now ㅋ I’m very content with this nickname~

At the Lost Saga MSL group ceremony, everyone says you’re the lowest of the Six Dragons. What are your honest thoughts on this?
-Um, I thought about it, I don’t remember anyone saying this…ㅋ I was just the youngest…[/b]

I don’t think Kal’s abilities are any weaker than the Lees or any other S class player, at least no significant distance, but your records are much weaker than theirs, I’m hurt. Do you have a different mentality facing the Lees whom you have a much weaker record against compared to other players?
-Um, first I’m really sorry to disappoint everyone like this ㅠㅠ Um, it’s a slightly different mentality. I want to catch up in the records too, so I guess I’m unsettled. I need to overcome this and make everyone happy.

What are you thoughts on Horang2’s tragic love story? Do you know about “Kal Syndrome?”
-Yeah, every time Horang2 mentions it I’m sad. Horang2 prepared such a huge gift for me, I’ll never forget. I’ll definitely pay it back ㅋ

It’s the OSL group ceremony soon, what kind of a group do you want? Also, who do you want to meet in the individual leagues?
-I want an easier group for the Ro16. My hope is to get into the finals and then 3-0 Jaedong ㅋ My mood will improve drastically, this must happen.

What is Jaedong for Kal?
-My son? I gave him so much, I feel like I’m about to become his mom. [T/N: ROFL]

Does Kal go on Starcraft forums and site?
-Yeah, I often go on fomos and Daily ESports to read news and interviews.

I heard you’re not actually 190?
-Yeah, technically I’m only 189. ㅋ I got a physical 4 months ago and they said I’m only 189, and if I don’t straighten my hip, only 187 ^^

[image loading]

What kind of gamer does Kal want to be? And why did you choose Protoss?
-Since middle school I really liked games, and I was thinking if there are any game related careers, and then I learned about being a progamer, so I started practicing to become one. In the beginning I used Random, but then Protoss got easier for me, so I chose Protoss…it was a very serious decision…

How would you rate your progaming career so far?
-Um, I feel like it’s a burdensome position. I should be performing better, but unfortunately…I guess I’m about 60% ㅋ

Does Kal have anything he wanted to say but hasn’t said to the head coach? Anything you can say now?
-My condition’s been terrible lately, it’s rare to see the coachs mile. He said, even if we lost the battle we need to win the war, so I need to work to get a better result, and do my best. The coach needs to cheer up too~

What will Kal do after SportsQ ends?
-Today’s a rest day~ So I’m considering going out to get some fresh air with friends. ㅋ

Host: Earlier, someone asked what kind of a player Kal wishes to become, and you didn’t answer yet. Also use this to say good-bye to the fans.
-OK. Thanks to everyone for listening to me for an hour~ I’ll try my best to become a player with more fans~ Thank you.

http://news.naver.com/sports/new/sportsQ/cast.nhn?liveCast=321

Images from fomos.kr

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204581&extra=page=1
TranslatorBaa!
InTheFade
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1721 Posts
July 09 2010 01:41 GMT
#2
Shuttle, Kal, and Calm all good friends and simultaneously slumping? Voodoo magic right there, people.
... Knowmsayin'?
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 01:43:49
July 09 2010 01:43 GMT
#3
'When I see Leta I'm reminded of my ex-girlfirend"

um..WHAT
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Peeano
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Netherlands5925 Posts
July 09 2010 01:49 GMT
#4
ty
FBH #1!
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 02:00:09
July 09 2010 01:58 GMT
#5
Kal is Jaedong's mommy. I love you Kal.
Eff, I'm reading Detective Conan from the beginning again.
▲ ▲ ▲
FALAPARK
Profile Joined January 2010
United States224 Posts
July 09 2010 01:59 GMT
#6
"I’ll try my best to become a player with more fans~ Thank you.""
lol weird.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 09 2010 02:10 GMT
#7
I like Kal :>
He should do better though...
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 02:12:09
July 09 2010 02:10 GMT
#8
It’s the OSL group ceremony soon, what kind of a group do you want? Also, who do you want to meet in the individual leagues?
-I want an easier group for the Ro16. My hope is to get into the finals and then 3-0 Jaedong ㅋ My mood will improve drastically, this must happen.

in your dreams lol

jd - kal = 13-3
brood war for life, brood war forever
nath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1788 Posts
July 09 2010 02:19 GMT
#9
What’s Leta for Kal?
-Leta-hyung is a hyung I really like ㅋㅋ When I see Leta-hyung I’m reminded of my ex-girlfriend, they seem similar ㅋ So I have good feelings of rhim…something like that… ㅋ

What is Jaedong for Kal?
-My son? I gave him so much, I feel like I’m about to become his mom. [T/N: ROFL]


what a fucking baller
Founder of Flow Enterprises, LLC http://flow-enterprises.com/
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
July 09 2010 02:27 GMT
#10
lol "I gave him so much I feel like his mom" awwwww AWWW :D Great interview Kal! the comment about leta was also hilarious.
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
July 09 2010 02:51 GMT
#11
On July 09 2010 11:27 Confuse wrote:
lol "I gave him so much I feel like his mom" awwwww AWWW :D Great interview Kal! the comment about leta was also hilarious.


yea lol, kal had some gold comments there xD

that mom comment was hellarious.... poor kal, I don't think he's ever beaten Jaedong in a starleague D:

although he certainly has given JD lots of finals xD
Hey! Listen!
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
July 09 2010 03:04 GMT
#12
Kal's taller than me (186 cm). Daaang.

Thanks for the translation.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
saikeraku
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada2933 Posts
July 09 2010 03:07 GMT
#13
Thanks for the translation haha. Funny Kal
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
July 09 2010 03:55 GMT
#14
I like (P)Kal a lot. Those STX jerseys make it even better.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 09 2010 04:12 GMT
#15
Oh wow, Kal is gay for Leta...
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
July 09 2010 04:20 GMT
#16
Ahahaha kal is so cool. Hope he stops slumping... Though the host is lying when he says kal is as good as the lees. Also what is horang2's story?
Writer
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
July 09 2010 04:43 GMT
#17
On July 09 2010 10:30 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
What’s Leta for Kal?
-Leta-hyung is a hyung I really like ㅋㅋ When I see Leta-hyung I’m reminded of my ex-girlfriend, they seem similar ㅋ So I have good feelings of rhim…something like that… ㅋ

rofl, gotta love Kal.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
July 09 2010 05:03 GMT
#18
great interview. thanks!
Free Palestine
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
July 09 2010 05:23 GMT
#19
What songs do Kal like? What’s Kal’s favorite female group?
-Um, I just listen to some new songs, hard to list. I like 4minute. I like Hyuna ㅋ

lol hyuna
Commentator
olof
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden254 Posts
July 09 2010 11:19 GMT
#20
On July 09 2010 10:30 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:What are you thoughts on Horang2’s tragic love story? Do you know about “Kal Syndrome?”
-Yeah, every time Horang2 mentions it I’m sad. Horang2 prepared such a huge gift for me, I’ll never forget. I’ll definitely pay it back ㅋ

What's this? I tried searching the forums with little luck.

Also. Give 10 cm to notice :D
hi man O_O
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 667
ComeBackTV 374
SteadfastSC319
Rex127
CosmosSc2 54
EnkiAlexander 39
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 319
ProTech157
Rex 127
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57999
Jaedong 1503
firebathero 1187
Hyuk 711
Soma 653
EffOrt 652
Horang2 527
BeSt 476
Mini 469
Soulkey 447
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
ZerO 298
Last 278
Rush 275
Stork 250
ggaemo 188
Snow 180
Light 176
Killer 90
Mind 62
hero 61
Free 54
Pusan 47
Sharp 35
Shinee 34
sorry 31
Shine 31
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 21
Bale 21
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
Trap 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
Rock 6
Dota 2
Gorgc12717
qojqva723
Dendi723
Counter-Strike
Fnx 627
markeloff131
edward51
x6flipin0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2099
Khaldor1850
Other Games
gofns46507
ArmadaUGS2517
singsing2125
olofmeister1344
B2W.Neo921
hiko626
byalli380
XBOCT268
Pyrionflax212
Liquid`VortiX165
Mew2King84
KnowMe80
QueenE78
ZerO(Twitch)18
Railgan10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 581
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1438
League of Legends
• Nemesis1581
• Jankos1480
• TFBlade628
Other Games
• Shiphtur207
• WagamamaTV196
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h 35m
OSC
22h 35m
Stellar Fest
22h 35m
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.