• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:28
CEST 11:28
KST 18:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8331 users

[Interview] MSL Group F Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
July 03 2010 20:54 GMT
#1
Kal!

[image loading]

It’s your sixth time in the MSL Ro16.
-Even though it was a difficult path to advance, I’m glad to have been able to. Recently I’ve been slumping, and I think this can at least help the situation a bit, which is good.

You wanted to use DTs to end the first game.
-The individual leagues conflicted with the SPL schedule, so I didn’t have too much time to practice. I just played as if I was playing an in-house. Good thing the strategy worked well.

The winner’s game turned into a long game, but unfortunately you lost.
-It feels like I gave the game away. My decision making wasn’t good, and in the early game I didn’t have a good unit composition. Feels like I rushed things. I kept rushing things, and it feels like I threw away the win. I should’ve played more calmly, but unfortunately I didn’t do so.

You also played a long game in the last game against MVP.
-It’s a map that the Terran has an easy time controlling [T/N: Terran imba] I predicted it would be a difficult match, but the reality was even more painful than I imagined. Also, the opponent changed his style before, and even prepared new strategies. It felt the game was very hard.

You’re the first Protoss to advance this season, is it because of the maps are disadvantaged for Ps?
-PvT is really hard to play. These maps are way too easy for Terran [T/N: Terran imba] If it’s a map like Match Point, Protoss has the initiative, but on Odd Eye and Triathlon, the Terran has the control of everything, it feels like we have to wait for a Terran to mess up to win. Like in today’s situation, it was because I was lucky in the final battle. The opponent pushed out too hurriedly, which led to the situation. If he was more calm and just stayed in the center of the map, it would’ve been hard for me.

Your Ro16 opponent is your rival Jaedong.
-From my perspective, I really wanted to advance as the 2-0 winner, but since it’s already like this, this time, I will try my best to prepare, meet the challenge, and strive to advance. I’ve lost too much in this period, so I really want to win once. If I think like this I think I can play well. Luckily it’s not the Ro4 or the finals, since I’m meeting him early, I will beat him and then advance to the bigger stages.

Your record against Jaedong is 3-13, with 9 straight losses.
-Even though I knew the record was very tilted, I didn’t know there was a 9 loss streak. It seems like I’m just food for Jaedong [laugh] I don’t want to contribute too many more wins to him, it’s time for me to win now.

Goal this season?
-The first stage goal is the Ro8. I just want to focus on the games in front of me, and I won’t look too far ahead, and I don’t have any plans. Because a difficult opponent is right in front of me, I will put everything into preparing for this upcoming game.

Last words?
-Recently the team has been losing a lot, I know the fans are worried about this. We will work hard to break the slump soon. I also want to thank the teammates who helped me practice on these new maps.

+ Show Spoiler +
No Light. Chinese person didn’t translate it, and even if she did, I hate Light, so =P


Image and original Korean from fomos.kr

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204084

TranslatorBaa!
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
July 03 2010 20:59 GMT
#2
ouch later Kal your eliminated in the RO16 your not beating Jaedong
When I think of something else, something will go here
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
July 03 2010 21:00 GMT
#3
Ty for this!
Jaedong fighting! :D
133 221 333 123 111
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-03 21:08:45
July 03 2010 21:08 GMT
#4
omg wtf kal vs JD AGAIN in the MSL.

goddamnit
Free Palestine
nath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1788 Posts
July 03 2010 21:13 GMT
#5
LEE
JAE
HO
.
Founder of Flow Enterprises, LLC http://flow-enterprises.com/
InRaged
Profile Joined February 2007
1047 Posts
July 03 2010 21:26 GMT
#6
I was going to thank you, but then... damn you hater!!
I'll probably gonna read this one over and over again the rest of the night, cause I won't be able to sleep without Light's interview and that's your fault. Argh =3
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-03 21:27:55
July 03 2010 21:27 GMT
#7
Geez.... Kal, as much as I like you I wouldn't bank on on your winning over JD. He is 21 wins 1 loss in his last 22 ZvP games (A large chunk of those wins are wins over you as well). That's approaching Oov-like dominance.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
July 03 2010 21:36 GMT
#8
CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP
Fan of the Jangbanger
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
July 03 2010 21:41 GMT
#9
I'm sad that snow didn't advance, but he wouldn't have stood a chance against Jaedong anyways, much less kal lol.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
July 03 2010 22:19 GMT
#10
LOL Light is truly worthy of the name "invisible terran." Even his interviews are invisible. What a baller.

Poor Kal, he has to play Jaedong again too. Sucks for him.
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
July 03 2010 22:24 GMT
#11
If kal could just avoid flash and jaedong, he'd be like... semi finalist.
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
July 03 2010 22:25 GMT
#12
Lol...food for Jaedong, you can do it Kal!
▲ ▲ ▲
Nesto
Profile Joined November 2009
Switzerland1318 Posts
July 03 2010 22:32 GMT
#13
again against JD? .. Kal is toast..

feel sorry for him
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
July 03 2010 22:33 GMT
#14
If Kal is finding PvT very hard, PvZ must be utterly impossible for him. ~.~
No I'm never serious.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
July 03 2010 22:37 GMT
#15
On July 04 2010 07:33 Nytefish wrote:
If Kal is finding PvT very hard, PvZ must be utterly impossible for him. ~.~


Terran's just imba, the perceived PvT imbalance is non-existent ~.~
TranslatorBaa!
domane
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada1606 Posts
July 03 2010 22:43 GMT
#16
I like your spoiler, OP. I feel the same way. Hilarious.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
July 03 2010 22:45 GMT
#17
It really sucks for Kal having to play Jaedong SOOOO unlucky.
He's Kespa's no3 ranked player at the moment after some stellar results but despite his PvZ being very good when it matters... I still see Jaedong winning,
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Nesto
Profile Joined November 2009
Switzerland1318 Posts
July 03 2010 22:52 GMT
#18
why does Kal have to play JD anyway. I thought MSL matchups are choosen by KESPA ranking (highest KESPA ranked vs lowest etc)?
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
July 03 2010 23:01 GMT
#19
On July 04 2010 07:52 Nesto wrote:
why does Kal have to play JD anyway. I thought MSL matchups are choosen by KESPA ranking (highest KESPA ranked vs lowest etc)?


thats from the ro8
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
July 03 2010 23:04 GMT
#20
Whatever happens we'll see a top player ejected from the tournament..... DOH!
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7988
Rain 3592
Leta 2445
Soulkey 404
Soma 335
BeSt 302
soO 259
Rush 231
firebathero 169
Barracks 154
[ Show more ]
Stork 130
Sexy 65
Killer 37
Shinee 34
Shine 27
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sharp 15
sorry 12
yabsab 11
Noble 7
zelot 6
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc3991
XcaliburYe186
League of Legends
JimRising 496
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
gofns28303
WinterStarcraft686
singsing456
Pyrionflax187
Sick153
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 66
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2210
• WagamamaTV0
League of Legends
• Jankos2443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
33m
Patches Events
5h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 33m
OSC
13h 33m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.