• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:43
CEST 02:43
KST 09:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8433 users

[Interview] OSL Ro8 Day 2 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 22:06:41
April 30 2010 12:47 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler +


+ Show Spoiler +


Flash!

[image loading]

Thoughts on advancing to the Ro4?
-To get into the Ro4 two seasons in a row is great. Today’s advancement secures me seeds in both individual leagues, and now I’ll need to work for championships in both leagues.

The game was intense.
-My condition wasn’t optimal, and I’m not physically at my peak. I was kind of worried, and it was a tiring game. Baby played very well, attacking continuously, but good thing I won. This victory is helping to advance my momentum.

Baby’s gotten to be a competitive player.
-I’ve felt his growth, and I learned a lot from the game. Baby will be improving even further later, so he shouldn’t dwell on today’s loss.

Were you affected by your loss in the MSL?
-Not at all. It’s just one game in a series. To get a loss after 11 wins might be a good thing. I’ll rest a bit and then try to achieve victory again.

Who do you want to meet in the Ro4?
-Both players are Protoss, so I don’t think it matters.

You broke your outdoors curse.
-I know I always get eliminated in outdoor games, but all those times I was down 0-1. Today I was up 1-0, so I was confident.

If you win this OSL, you’ll get a Golden Mouse.
-My desire to win has never been as strong as now.

Last words?
-We’re playing SKT in SPL tomorrow, and after the game we’re having a fan meeting. I hope everyone cheers us on.

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=195700&extra=page=1

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106321&db=interview


+ Show Spoiler +


Pure!

[image loading]

This is your first time in the Ro4.
-I’m in a very good mood now. After I won and left the room, I suddenly felt that the stage was truly beautiful [laugh]

You secured a seed for next season.
-I don’t think too much about seeds. Compared to that, I rather want to think about winning on the outdoor stage. To get a result like this makes it felt like I caught all the rabbits, so I’m very happy.

Your hidden expo worked well.
-Yesterday I tried a new opening. NsP_Fancy suggested this build to me. I felt I could win with it, so I practiced a little bit and went with it.

Were you afraid of the expo being discovered?
-Absolutely not. I don’t know if it’s cause I got lucky, but the opponent didn’t scout it, so I put down the expo at a timing where it would feel impossible.

Your family came out today to cheer you on.
-After I won I saw my dad, and seeing him happy makes me happy too. The only thing I want to do is succeed, as a payback to my supportive dad.

Do you want to meet Flash in the finals?
-As opposed to meeting him in the finals and maybe losing, I rather meet him in the Ro4. If I can beat him, the odds of winning the championship increases.

Thoughts on the Ro4?
-As I said before, it’ll be hard for me to win in my current condition. I’m worried about games in the individual leagues, and the Ro4 opponents make me nervous. I just need to face the reality and prepare hard.

Last words?
-Thank you to hungry, Smile, and Moon for helping me practice. I sincerely thank them. Winning today is largely thanks to their help. Before I came to the stage, the retired player Ggmo who’s working with our team also gave me tips, which helped a lot. I want to thank the fans who shouted my name until the very end.

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=195715&extra=page=1

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106327&db=interview


+ Show Spoiler +


Effort

[image loading]

This is your first time in the Ro4.
-It’s the first time in the Ro4 in an individual league, and I was nervous to the point of shaking today. I played decently, and to be able to advance, I’m very happy.

How was the game today?
-Zero seemed to have been nervous and made a lot of mistakes as a result. Luck was on my side, so I won easily.

Was it thanks to your tiebreakers?
-During interviews recently I would always get asked this. After so many games, it’s probably true that my strength was increased. It was very tiring, but now I’m seeing the fruits.

Your regrets in the individual leagues seem to be resolving.
-Before, I would always perform poorly and would never advance, but now I have the strength to do so, so I guess I succeeded. Everytime I would pray, I guess heaven finally answered.

Do you have hopes for the championship?
-Now that I’m in the Ro4, of course I want to win it all. I want to perform well in the Ro4, and then enter the finals, and then have gold as my goal. I’ll work hard for this.

Who do you want to play in the Ro4?
-Whoever advances. I’ll prepare carefully all the same. If I have to pick I hope the tall Toss can advance.

This is your first outdoor game.
-This is the first time I came out so far to play a game. The many fans at the scene excited me. It’s my first outdoor game, but I wasn’t that nervous.

Last words?
-The fans came out all this way, thank you very much, and thank the heavens who answered my prayers.

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=195728&extra=page=1

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106330&db=interview


+ Show Spoiler +


Kal !

[image loading]

Your first time in the OSL Ro4.
-This was a difficult game. I’m happy to have won. I’m excited for the Ro4 and the finals.

What did you think when it was 1-1?
-Before, I would’ve thought it would be very difficult, but now that I’m experienced, I don’t feel it as much. Even if I lost one, I can still play a worthy game, so I could prepare for the next one.

The opponent also used a powerful rush in game 3.
-If any mistakes happened I would’ve lost, but I finally achieved a commendable victory. I think the opponent wanted to use this strategy before, but I defended well.

You used the Shuttles well.
-After my Observer scouting I decided this is how I would play. ForGG-hyung had a solid strategy, so I could only make little attacks one at a time to build up a win.

You 12-Nexused both games. It’s a very extreme opening.
-I was up 1-0 after all, I only need to succeed once in the remaining two games, which is why I sued such an extreme opening.

How did you feel coming out this far?
-My team takes good care of me, so I didn’t really that burdened.

You’re playing Effort in the Ro4.
-I don’t care that much about who’s the opponent. I won’t prepare thinking I’m playing Effort, but rather I’ll prepare like any PvZ Bo5 game.

Effort eliminated you from the OSL Ro36 before.
-That’s something I’d like to forget.

Thoughts on the Ro4?
-I really want to advance to the finals. It will be Parent’s Day soon, and I want to use that as a present.

Last words?
-Thanks to all the fans who came to cheer me on. I will work hard to present an even better aspect of myself in the Ro4.

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=195747&extra=page=1

http://fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=106337&db=interview



TranslatorBaa!
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
April 30 2010 12:51 GMT
#2
Wow fast translations! Thanks a lot!

And it looks like Flash's priority lies in the OSL.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
April 30 2010 12:51 GMT
#3

Were you affected by your loss in the MSL?
-Not at all. It’s just one game in a series. To get a loss after 11 wins might be a good thing. I’ll rest a bit and then try to achieve victory again.

Poor Soulkey. Flash doesn't even acknowledge their encounter as a real game.

Thanks for translating!
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
fallingdream
Profile Joined December 2004
Romania452 Posts
April 30 2010 12:54 GMT
#4
On April 30 2010 21:51 okum wrote:
Show nested quote +

Were you affected by your loss in the MSL?
-Not at all. It’s just one game in a series. To get a loss after 11 wins might be a good thing. I’ll rest a bit and then try to achieve victory again.

Poor Soulkey. Flash doesn't even acknowledge their encounter as a real game.

Thanks for translating!

Soulkey? :O you mean MVP?
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 12:55:41
April 30 2010 12:55 GMT
#5
On April 30 2010 21:54 fallingdream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2010 21:51 okum wrote:

Were you affected by your loss in the MSL?
-Not at all. It’s just one game in a series. To get a loss after 11 wins might be a good thing. I’ll rest a bit and then try to achieve victory again.

Poor Soulkey. Flash doesn't even acknowledge their encounter as a real game.

Thanks for translating!

Soulkey? :O you mean MVP?

No, I mean that Flash lost after 12 wins, not 11.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
April 30 2010 12:58 GMT
#6
Updated with fourth winner.
TranslatorBaa!
Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
April 30 2010 13:21 GMT
#7
Thanks for the translations!

Also what is with STX and their players looking like evil geniuses in the interview photos?
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
April 30 2010 13:28 GMT
#8
On April 30 2010 22:21 Cpadolf wrote:
Thanks for the translations!

Also what is with STX and their players looking like evil geniuses in the interview photos?

Ya, I've noticed that too! XD

Thanks for the translations!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
April 30 2010 13:30 GMT
#9
Thanks for the re-translations.

Baby’s gotten to be a competitive player.
-I’ve felt his growth, and I learned a lot from the game. Baby will be improving even further later, so he shouldn’t dwell on today’s loss.
Even Flash acknowledges the coming terror. Baby's future is bright and he's matured a lot. Well, until pro-BW starts fading.

Were you affected by your loss in the MSL?
-Not at all. It’s just one game in a series. To get a loss after 11 wins might be a good thing. I’ll rest a bit and then try to achieve victory again.
Truly monstrous. A level of dominance like the previous B...cough cough. What did I say? Once Flash takes a few more starleague golds...

You used the Shuttles well.
-After my Observer scouting I decided this is how I would play. ForGG-hyung had a solid strategy, so I could only make little attacks one at a time to build up a win.
It was a thing of beauty. Forgg's tanks were positively dismantled by zealot and later goon drops in game 3.

You 12-Nexused both games. It’s a very extreme opening.
-I was up 1-0 after all, I only need to succeed once in the remaining two games, which is why I sued such an extreme opening.
After some consideration, I think this was a good idea. After his 12-Nex was crushed in the first game today, one might assume he wouldn't try it again. So trying it again was the way to catch the opponent off guard. Just like "WIFOM".

Last words?
-Thanks to all the fans who came to cheer me on. I will work hard to present an even better aspect of myself in the Ro4.
I love how Kal plays - and if he promises to show us something even better - I can't wait!
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9375 Posts
April 30 2010 13:30 GMT
#10
thanky you sheep
go go flash ftw
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
April 30 2010 13:31 GMT
#11
Thanks for the translations. This will be an AMAZING Ro4!!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 30 2010 13:44 GMT
#12
Golden Mouse time for Flash! Just let Jaedong have the MSL so he can tie Nada for 6...
Also Flash sounds like a dad to BaBy.

Also even with all the "wtfwhereprotossgo???" of the last few months, we have two tosses in the Ro4 :O

Oh well, Flash for the win~

Thanks CSheep <3
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Bwenjarin Raffrack
Profile Joined November 2008
United States322 Posts
April 30 2010 13:50 GMT
#13
Flash!

Baby's gotten to be a competitive player.
-I've felt his growth

Hmm..

Pure!

This is your first time in the Ro4.
-I’m in a very good mood now. After I won and left the room, I suddenly felt that the stage was truly beautiful [laugh]

Hmm..

Effort!

It was very tiring, but now I’m seeing the fruits.

Me too, man, me too.

Bad jokes aside, thanks for the great work on this quick translation. Amazing games and amusing phrases, this was a good day of Starcraft.
I'm not as thunk as dreople pink I am.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
April 30 2010 13:51 GMT
#14
On April 30 2010 22:30 Zona wrote:
Thanks for the re-translations.

Show nested quote +
Baby’s gotten to be a competitive player.
-I’ve felt his growth, and I learned a lot from the game. Baby will be improving even further later, so he shouldn’t dwell on today’s loss.
Even Flash acknowledges the coming terror. Baby's future is bright and he's matured a lot. Well, until pro-BW starts fading.

Show nested quote +
Were you affected by your loss in the MSL?
-Not at all. It’s just one game in a series. To get a loss after 11 wins might be a good thing. I’ll rest a bit and then try to achieve victory again.
Truly monstrous. A level of dominance like the previous B...cough cough. What did I say? Once Flash takes a few more starleague golds...

Show nested quote +
You used the Shuttles well.
-After my Observer scouting I decided this is how I would play. ForGG-hyung had a solid strategy, so I could only make little attacks one at a time to build up a win.
It was a thing of beauty. Forgg's tanks were positively dismantled by zealot and later goon drops in game 3.

Show nested quote +
You 12-Nexused both games. It’s a very extreme opening.
-I was up 1-0 after all, I only need to succeed once in the remaining two games, which is why I sued such an extreme opening.
After some consideration, I think this was a good idea. After his 12-Nex was crushed in the first game today, one might assume he wouldn't try it again. So trying it again was the way to catch the opponent off guard. Just like "WIFOM".

Show nested quote +
Last words?
-Thanks to all the fans who came to cheer me on. I will work hard to present an even better aspect of myself in the Ro4.
I love how Kal plays - and if he promises to show us something even better - I can't wait!

TOO
MUCH
MAFIA


<3
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
TheMunkey
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada470 Posts
April 30 2010 13:52 GMT
#15
muhahaha TALL TOSS advances excellent
Never give up
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
April 30 2010 13:57 GMT
#16
Kal and Pure first time in Ro4? AND effort too.

Only Flash is not kkk.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
roMAD
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Russia2355 Posts
April 30 2010 14:00 GMT
#17
NsP_Fancy is a terran, how could he help Pure practice PvP? lol
I hope Effort wins it all. Thx for the translation!
FireGuyX
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1712 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 18:49:18
April 30 2010 14:11 GMT
#18
God damn you Pure, you beat Movie you ****ing punk.
Flash, ForGG, and Movie fan.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
April 30 2010 14:14 GMT
#19
Thanks for the translation Evil Kal is epic!
Megalisk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States6095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 14:15:49
April 30 2010 14:15 GMT
#20
I really hope Effort makes it to the finals, then all the doubters can STFU. He has really been stepping up his game recently, now I hope he has gotten his ZvP into 2009 form.
Tear stained american saints and dirty guitar dreams across a universe of desert and blue sky , gas station coffee love letters and two dollar pistol kisses from thirty five dollar hotel room stationary .
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft348
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft348
ViBE133
CosmosSc2 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2055
Artosis 629
Shuttle 539
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever693
Counter-Strike
minikerr20
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox504
Other Games
summit1g8348
shahzam600
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0280
Maynarde140
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick976
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 17m
Stellar Fest
12h 17m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.