• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:53
CEST 16:53
KST 23:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6627 users

USA, Rally the Troops Help Send Louder to IEF

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-19 17:10:29
October 17 2009 20:47 GMT
#1
<h2>DON'T DONATE FOR NOW, THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH EG NOT LIKING HIM TAKING DONATIONS. I believe donated money will be used towards a community event, or maybe returned to the donors if he can. </h2>- HnR)Insane

Recently, Poland showed great pride and patriotism when they raised money to send both Yayba and Draco to the WCG Grand Finals. This year's IEF tournament has been coined in advance by Dan Artosis as "the best LAN ever for Starcraft". They're planning on a full cadre of top rated non Koreans, Chinese, and of course, Korean pro gamers.

USA's own David "Louder" Fells has received an invite, but needs some help raising funds so he can have his ticket go from USA -> Korea (for IEF) -> China (for WCG GF). The price difference (what is needed) is $500 USD. His team, EG is already forking over the dough to send him to the WCG Grand Finals.

Being that IEF will be the greatest LAN ever, I'm here on behalf of a close friend of mine, and a lover of American Starcraft players to try and rally support for sending another American to IEF.

Are you impressed by Louder's amazing play at LAN events (3rd and 2nd place at WCG USA in 2008 and 2009, respectively) and want to see him compete at a high level among the world's finest competition? Are you a fan of the American Starcraft scene? Do you just want to support sending foreign players to large scale events? These are all excellent reasons to donate.

How Much Is Needed: $500 USD

How Can I donate?:
+ Show Spoiler +

To donate, you can paypal any amount to: hasuboy13@hotmail.comDon't donate for now, see top of this post! I'm acting as the coordinator for this project, since I'm both respected enough in the community and as a good friend of Louder's.


Deadline: His team, EG wants to be able to book the flight as soon as possible before rates increase, so the deadline will be October 23rd, 2009.

What if the amount is not met?: You can check the tournaments forum for recent events I have and am hosting - if the needed funds are not raised, and I've gotten too many donations to refund them, I'll put it towards a community event.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a PM. I hope that TL can rally some support to send Louder to IEF! If we raise enough money to send him, Louder promises to train as hard as possible to represent TL and the United States to perform to the best of his abilities.

Thank you all,
Xeris - on behalf of the USA National Team, and USA Starcraft!

Current Amount: $226

**I will update on a daily basis**
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
October 17 2009 20:52 GMT
#2
nice!

Hope this works out!
Sharp-eYe
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada642 Posts
October 17 2009 21:38 GMT
#3
yay more fund raising! I support the cause.
Are you truly so blinded by your vaunted religion, that you can't see the fall ahead of you? - Zeratul III AKA WikidSik ingame (anygame)
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
October 17 2009 21:41 GMT
#4
only if he promise to beat the koreans
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
October 17 2009 21:43 GMT
#5
On October 18 2009 06:41 nttea wrote:
only if he promise to beat the koreans


he will promise to beat Bisu
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
lighter
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States152 Posts
October 17 2009 21:46 GMT
#6
On October 18 2009 06:43 Xeris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2009 06:41 nttea wrote:
only if he promise to beat the koreans


he will promise to beat Bisu

too easy

i would donate but i dont have a paypal

gl to louder :D
uNiGNoRe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Germany1115 Posts
October 17 2009 21:47 GMT
#7
I hope he can make it. He showed convincing results on LAN in the past and I am sure it's worth the money to send him over to Korea for this event. I wish you best of luck with this. Those 500$ will be raised in no time.
besiger
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Croatia2452 Posts
October 17 2009 21:51 GMT
#8
uh, im jealous, attending two such awesome events
GL louder.
A weak will coupled with delusions of grandeur
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
October 17 2009 21:57 GMT
#9
ill definitely donate he helped me get tickets to wcg last year, real cool dude and such a strong toss now a days
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
October 17 2009 22:02 GMT
#10
I'll update progress on a daily basis ~
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
October 17 2009 22:03 GMT
#11
lol can i send a check duran?
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
October 17 2009 22:08 GMT
#12
I'd prefer paypal T_T;; checks take awhile plus I don't have a really friendly bank here in D.C to cash it - apparently there's no Wells Fargos here TT
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
emucxg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Finland4559 Posts
October 17 2009 22:09 GMT
#13
Good luck!
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
October 17 2009 22:58 GMT
#14
I can't donate right now but I would love to in a couple days when I get some more money. Only 500 dollars? Pssh that should be easy for us. I can contribute like 20 no problem.
Chains none
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
October 17 2009 23:00 GMT
#15
I'll support this if Louder does something for TL. I don't know what it would be but maybe some sort of pay-to-view showmatch would be a good fundraiser. I'd pay a few bucks to see some entertaining games, as long as they're actually entertaining.
Tenryu
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States565 Posts
October 17 2009 23:08 GMT
#16
Lol oh shit, thought it said OEF for a second.. i gotz trickedz
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Understar
Sixer
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States278 Posts
October 17 2009 23:14 GMT
#17
On October 18 2009 08:00 integral wrote:
I'll support this if Louder does something for TL. I don't know what it would be but maybe some sort of pay-to-view showmatch would be a good fundraiser. I'd pay a few bucks to see some entertaining games, as long as they're actually entertaining.


Representing the united states and TL on the global scale isn't doing something for TL?
YO MAN~YOGA PARTY BABY
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
October 17 2009 23:22 GMT
#18
On October 18 2009 08:00 integral wrote:
I'll support this if Louder does something for TL. I don't know what it would be but maybe some sort of pay-to-view showmatch would be a good fundraiser. I'd pay a few bucks to see some entertaining games, as long as they're actually entertaining.


I'll tell him.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Elite00fm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States548 Posts
October 17 2009 23:28 GMT
#19
You should really consider opening a pokerstars/ftp account and accepting poker transfers
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
October 17 2009 23:28 GMT
#20
On October 18 2009 08:14 Sixer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2009 08:00 integral wrote:
I'll support this if Louder does something for TL. I don't know what it would be but maybe some sort of pay-to-view showmatch would be a good fundraiser. I'd pay a few bucks to see some entertaining games, as long as they're actually entertaining.


Representing the united states and TL on the global scale isn't doing something for TL?

That's what we're giving him money for. Something else would be like something integral mentioned, except it should be free. Or, a complete guide of his choice would be great imo.
Peace~
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 92
Codebar 62
Reynor 58
TKL 6
RotterdaM 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65273
Bisu 2454
FanTaSy 999
Stork 962
Rush 840
hero 619
Snow 225
firebathero 196
Sharp 132
Mind 106
[ Show more ]
Free 71
Sexy 64
Sea.KH 61
Pusan 58
ToSsGirL 45
Trap 38
Bale 28
Mong 27
Hm[arnc] 22
Rock 20
HiyA 20
Terrorterran 18
Aegong 17
yabsab 16
zelot 11
Noble 10
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
soO 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9863
Dendi884
Counter-Strike
fl0m2659
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Other Games
singsing2260
Liquid`RaSZi1410
Beastyqt741
B2W.Neo667
Mlord514
olofmeister447
Happy385
Khaldor368
KnowMe273
Hui .219
crisheroes171
Chillindude68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV263
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony7
• niya90s 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV503
League of Legends
• Nemesis3615
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1230
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
7m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 7m
OSC
8h 7m
Replay Cast
8h 7m
OSC
21h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.