• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:43
CEST 10:43
KST 17:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8264 users

KeSPA response to EN broadcast + PL on Twitch.TV - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
510 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
Love and Justice
Profile Joined August 2011
United States87 Posts
December 07 2012 09:34 GMT
#141
On December 07 2012 18:30 derpface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 17:29 BgSBendeR wrote:
Holy fuck, I knew DoA was just a misinformed butthurt.
ogn should fire that guy.



I agree, there has been too many times DoA has come out with weird announcements and misinformation.


Like?
"No banglings, no problem." (ZeNEXLine)
Krogan
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden375 Posts
December 07 2012 09:34 GMT
#142
So they didn't drop OGN's casters on 48 hours notice? Since that was what Doa said not that they wouldn't have English commentary.
JackDragon
Profile Joined February 2011
525 Posts
December 07 2012 09:34 GMT
#143
On December 07 2012 18:22 Taipoka wrote:
And there goes Doa dreams of casting proleague.
Even if IGN still in charge.
In my opinion, as soon as the dust settle, bye bye Doa.

Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 18:22 Veldril wrote:
On December 07 2012 18:13 eviltomahawk wrote:
On December 07 2012 17:43 andyf wrote:
Can someone link what DoA actually posted before his edit ?

e - sorry, not link, paste - seeing as he edited his original post

Here you go.

+ Show Spoiler +
On December 06 2012 21:52 DoA wrote:
I just got hit with some pretty hard to take news. OnGameNet will not be broadcasting the SK Planet Proleague this season in English. As that sinks in, let me elaborate on exactly why this is and where we're at now.

Basically for a while now KeSPA has been preparing their own broadcasting platform (IEG, which is owned by KeSPA) to presumably run events from. KeSPA's had a long history of doing their best to control everything that goes on in Korean esports so it's not shocking that they'd want to get into actually running the broadcasts as well. Proleague in fact is a result of KeSPA threatening to pull their players from both OGN and MBC's individual leagues if they didn't give up their respective team leagues and broadcast Proleague instead.

This season KeSPA decided to run their own Proleague broadcast initially on weekdays, while OGN ran the weekend broadcast. As far as I know about a week ago KeSPA approached OGN and told them that they'd be running their own stream simultaneously with OGN's on weekends as well. They'd also be sending a commentator they had picked themselves to tri-cast with Monte Cristo and I. Naturally OGN was upset about this and Monte and I were a bit reluctant to tri-cast with someone we'd never worked with before. OGN went back to have talks yesterday and today with KeSPA and things did not go well. KeSPA has also been approaching english casters about the job, but so far none have accepted that I'm aware of. Not surprising.

As of right now OGN will not be involved with Proleague at any level for an English broadcast as far as I'm aware. All the preparation by the staff here over the last few months is now for nothing. Needless to say I'm crushed. I'm enjoying LoL, but I came back to Korea to cast Starcraft 2. We've still got OSL (which OGN owns), but SC2 team leagues are basically my favorite thing in the entire world and now that's gone.

So what do we get as fans of Proleague now? I still want to see these matches as much as anyone, but I'm frankly tired of KeSPA's lame ploys to try to keep control over something they never should have been in control if in the first place. For me it certainly sours the mood for what will be an epic first match between KT and EG.TL. I don't have any information about EIG's streams or when the broadcasts will be. If I find out I'll tell people. As hard as all this is to take, I want you guys to be able to watch if you want to.

Is there a possibility things might change? Possibly. If KeSPA feels enough pressure they might bend. I'm certainly going to do everything I can. What I'm not going to do is tell you to boycott Proleague. That's your choice and I don't have any business telling you not to watch a game and players that you love because of idiotic corporate politics that you aren't a part of and frankly don't deserve to be hurt by. I feel it's important people know what's going on behind the scenes sometimes, but it's best to focus on the game.

That's all I've got for now. If I get any updates I'll pass them on via my twitter. (@ggdoa)

Apparently MLG might be involved in some way with an English broadcast per MLG Lee's Twitter? If that's the case then I wish them the best of luck and a great season.



3.) He did not tell anyone to boycott Proleague. He even offer to find a way that people can watch it.


Don you know something about reverse psychology?

Reverse psychology or not. He never said to anyone to boycott Proleague. And I don't think that he intended to try and make people boycott either. He just got some really bad news and wanted to tell the public.
ZerglingTwins
Profile Joined October 2012
United States850 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 09:40:37
December 07 2012 09:36 GMT
#144
On December 07 2012 18:25 Xulatis wrote:
Before saying anything, lets ask one question:

      Would KeSPa have offered an English stream for the first game, if DoA didn't post anything?

I personally think no (KeSPa had no interest in foreign audiences for a huge timespan) and therefore i want to thank DoA for putting himself in the line of fire.


That huge timespan doesn't mean much when they just pulled off the join of EG-TL to proleague. What else do they want if they don't have foreign interests. If they don't want any English casters, why do they even care what DoA said anyway.
Searching for my twin ling brother.
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
December 07 2012 09:37 GMT
#145
This doesn't make a difference to me since I've always watched the Korean stream. Once you've reached a level in the game, you don't want to understand what the casters say. I always watched the Korean casters yell and have no clue what they're saying.
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
smileface
Profile Joined September 2011
76 Posts
December 07 2012 09:37 GMT
#146
It still doesn't change the fact that DoA spent so much time on Korea only to get his goal taken from him 3 days before it starts. So i understand the disappointment and emotion in his initial posts. You have my support <3

Also the amount of business speak in that statement was more than obvious. Instead of saying negotiations broke down, they say we reached an impasse and need more time. Which is to say, we wait until the shitstorm comes and see who comes out worse for round two of negotiations.

And then comes blaming DoA for all the internet shitstorm from THEIR failed negotiations, which makes DoA a scapegoat for this giant messed up situation. While Doa gets punished for publishing probably correct inside information, which however clashes with the public image of KeSPA and what they wish to sell us as truth.

TL;DR: No love for corporate PR that throws passionate guys under the bus to uphold their image.

Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
December 07 2012 09:39 GMT
#147
On December 07 2012 18:27 zaii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 18:25 Xulatis wrote:
Before saying anything, lets ask one question:

      Would KeSPa have offered an English stream for the first game, if DoA didn't post anything?

I personally think no (KeSPa had no interest in foreign audiences for a huge timespan) and therefore i want to thank DoA for putting himself in the line of fire.


uh...thought I remember seeing a post somewhere that Kespa were looking for english casters, If so then yes.


well, wasn't that the cause of the issue?
Kespa wanted to broadcast in english during weekends also, alongside OGN. OGN didnt agree. That was the issue, wasnt it?
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
zaii
Profile Joined October 2010
Guam2611 Posts
December 07 2012 09:40 GMT
#148
On December 07 2012 18:39 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 18:27 zaii wrote:
On December 07 2012 18:25 Xulatis wrote:
Before saying anything, lets ask one question:

      Would KeSPa have offered an English stream for the first game, if DoA didn't post anything?

I personally think no (KeSPa had no interest in foreign audiences for a huge timespan) and therefore i want to thank DoA for putting himself in the line of fire.


uh...thought I remember seeing a post somewhere that Kespa were looking for english casters, If so then yes.


well, wasn't that the cause of the issue?
Kespa wanted to broadcast in english during weekends also, alongside OGN. OGN didnt agree. That was the issue, wasnt it?


yes
DoA
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)599 Posts
December 07 2012 09:42 GMT
#149
I based the post I made on the information I was given. I never apologized to Kespa nor do I feel I did anything wrong itn making the thread.. I spoke today with IEG and took the post down after finding that my information wasn't totally accurate. Nothing more.

IEG seems to be legit in wanting to provide a good broadcast for the global scene and it's a shame things are off to a rough start. I'll be casting the Proleague opener with Monte Cristo on their stream tomorrow as a favor to them and Kespa from OGN.

Game on.
I cast, therefore I am.
mistsifter
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia44 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 09:45:49
December 07 2012 09:43 GMT
#150
Guys, hold on now.

Doa didn't tell any specific lies, but instead told us a couple of important facts that we needed to know. There was some confusion concerning circumstances, but the base facts were straightforward.
Simply, he broke the the news that OGN wouldn't be the ones providing a stream. This is the main point of what he's trying to say imo.

The fact that he simultaneously lambasted Kespa for probably putting him out of a job casting starcraft 2 is what triggered the "official" response.
He was very opinionated and critical towards the party his employer is still in negotiation with and so has withdrawn his original statement.

But there is still a big issue that comes to mind as various posters mention the word "professionalism", why did it take a post from the potential caster for us to find out info concerning the english stream? Why had negotiations stalled at this point to leave questions concerning the stream? (yes, thankfully there will still be an english stream). Why was a nice guy like Doa brought over from america to be told that he wouldn't be able to cast proleague? (except he does still have the OSL, true)


(Edit: Doa sniped me; looks like he'll get some proleague yet)
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
December 07 2012 09:46 GMT
#151
On December 07 2012 18:42 DoA wrote:
I based the post I made on the information I was given. I never apologized to Kespa nor do I feel I did anything wrong itn making the thread.. I spoke today with IEG and took the post down after finding that my information wasn't totally accurate. Nothing more.

IEG seems to be legit in wanting to provide a good broadcast for the global scene and it's a shame things are off to a rough start. I'll be casting the Proleague opener with Monte Cristo on their stream tomorrow as a favor to them and Kespa from OGN.

Game on.


Looking forward to it good luck!
smileface
Profile Joined September 2011
76 Posts
December 07 2012 09:46 GMT
#152
On December 07 2012 18:42 DoA wrote:
I based the post I made on the information I was given. I never apologized to Kespa nor do I feel I did anything wrong itn making the thread.. I spoke today with IEG and took the post down after finding that my information wasn't totally accurate. Nothing more.

IEG seems to be legit in wanting to provide a good broadcast for the global scene and it's a shame things are off to a rough start. I'll be casting the Proleague opener with Monte Cristo on their stream tomorrow as a favor to them and Kespa from OGN.

Game on.


DoA fighting~~

We love you <3
LiamBrady
Profile Joined June 2012
Singapore197 Posts
December 07 2012 09:46 GMT
#153
Kaelaris just said in Scarlett's stream chat he was offered to cast it but can't:

[image loading]
Scarlett and SEA Dota
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 07 2012 09:49 GMT
#154
So much drama. If there are English casters, cool. If not, I'll watch the Korean stream. No biggie.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
styLesdavis
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany833 Posts
December 07 2012 09:50 GMT
#155
I only read "Englisch Stream available".
Hell yeah!
LiquidTLO - LiquidTaeja - LiquidHero - LiquidSnute - LiquidRet
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
December 07 2012 09:52 GMT
#156
Ideally, Kespa should hire Doa, and OGN should let him do it, besides his LoL obligations for OGN, since OGN will not be doing English casting for Proleague. From Doa's point of view, he just wants to cast PL, doesn't matter if that's by OGN or Kespa.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
gm.tOSS
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany898 Posts
December 07 2012 09:54 GMT
#157
Thats great, that there will be an english stream. As someone just coming back to the scene: Where can I watch it?
HuK HuK HuK | ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | There is death in the hane.
Deathmanbob
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2356 Posts
December 07 2012 09:55 GMT
#158
They really stuck it to Doa in this. The poor guy has to feel embarrassed
No Artosis, you are robin
Kaelaris
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom788 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 10:01:14
December 07 2012 09:55 GMT
#159
On December 07 2012 18:46 LiamBrady wrote:
Kaelaris just said in Scarlett's stream chat he was offered to cast it but can't:

[image loading]


I should come clarify this actually, just stumbled across this after wanting to read DoA's post he just tweeted.

IEG approached me about it and were very charming about the whole process, no bad blood at all from my end. Despite enjoying the idea of casting in Korea, and especially a Team League, I have a lot of loyalty to a company (ESL) that picked me up and in essence, took a risk with a no-namer at the time. I adore working for ESL because of the freedom they give me to pursue all aspects of casting I deem necessary in order to further myself. I'm not saying working at IEG/KeSPA wouldn't have, and if they'd have approached me at another time in my Career then maybe it would have been an option, but for now, if I were to just pack up and leave to Korea, I would have to face the adaptation to a new culture, I would be burning bridges with commitments I have in EU etc. This decision was running rampant in my mind for the past few days but, someday i'll get to go to Korea to cast so all is good : )

P.S. Applied to Code A like 3-4 times in the past, never got accepted boo : P

There's plenty more reasons but no real need to divulge such minor information.
CommentatorESL Commentator ♞ Facebook.com/Kaelaris ♞ Twitter.com/Kaelaris ♞ Youtube.com/Kaelaris ♞ Twitch.tv/Kaelaris
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
December 07 2012 09:56 GMT
#160
On December 07 2012 18:54 gm.tOSS wrote:
Thats great, that there will be an english stream. As someone just coming back to the scene: Where can I watch it?

.......Really? This is at the very top of the first post... ~_~
On December 07 2012 17:17 TeamLiquid ESPORTS wrote:
Update: KeSPA source confirms there WILL be English commentary for opening day matches. No word on specific casters.

Live Streaming (Korean): Naver, TVing, Youtube (www.youtube.com/esportstv)
Live Streaming (English): Twitch.tv (www.twitch.tv/sc2proleague)


Source: KeSPA

Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech86
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 380
Hyuk 235
Leta 90
910 81
Mong 67
Shinee 65
soO 57
Mind 44
HiyA 43
PianO 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 32
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
ZerO 26
Bale 23
sorry 16
EffOrt 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe55
League of Legends
JimRising 432
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss449
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King194
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1616
Other Games
summit1g8254
olofmeister1324
ceh9555
singsing489
Happy284
crisheroes280
Livibee109
ArmadaUGS93
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream270
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH198
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Rush1674
• Jankos1310
• Stunt512
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 17m
OSC
4h 17m
Stellar Fest
4h 17m
OSC
15h 17m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.