• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:31
CEST 12:31
KST 19:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10991 users

Sleeper Cell Mafia II - Page 77

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 14 2012 04:14 GMT
#1521
On February 14 2012 13:07 redFF wrote:
posting in the thread

Warned you privately, warning you publicly.

You're angry right now, and I'm not going to have you shit up this thread. Do not post in this thread again for 48 hours.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 04:25 GMT
#1522
On February 14 2012 13:07 redFF wrote:
posting in the thread

redFF
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3910 Posts
February 14 2012 04:55 GMT
#1523
I'll admit that i was angry and venting, but the fact that you warned me after the game was over and after how this panned out and even posted in the banlist about me has really pissed me off.
Mr. Wiggles
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada5894 Posts
February 14 2012 05:21 GMT
#1524
Thanks for hosting
you gotta dance
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 10:10:39
February 14 2012 05:30 GMT
#1525
There was a way for town to win and regardless I would have wanted to prevent mafia from achieving victory rather than end it early.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 06:29:57
February 14 2012 06:21 GMT
#1526
Cwave
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands313 Posts
February 14 2012 08:15 GMT
#1527
Thanks for hosting!

/slap self for thinking Radfield was 100% scum.
/slap self more for not lynching GGQ sooner. I can't believe we let that guy cruise and ultralurk for so long
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
Scamp
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1086 Posts
February 14 2012 08:29 GMT
#1528
The power roles that the town had were way too powerful IMO for this setup.

But meh, I don't really want to say much because redFF is calling everyone an idiot, both before and after the game ends. If that's the only way he knows how to get a point across then I'm making it a policy to never play with him again.
Cheese is good for you!
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 14 2012 13:42 GMT
#1529
On February 14 2012 17:15 Cwave wrote:
Thanks for hosting!

/slap self for thinking Radfield was 100% scum.
/slap self more for not lynching GGQ sooner. I can't believe we let that guy cruise and ultralurk for so long


These were the two largest town mistakes. I really can't believe either happened tbh.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 14 2012 13:43 GMT
#1530
Scum I think made an equally large mistake in not shooting Lanaia sooner. She was practically screaming blue night 2 onwards.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 14 2012 13:44 GMT
#1531
Honestly by like Day 3 I was so sure town was just going to derp and give scum a perfect game. Then scum derped hard too rofl.

All in all, I think it was a pretty fun game. I'm going to review this setup in the future though to keep any endgames such as this from happening.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Cwave
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands313 Posts
February 14 2012 14:28 GMT
#1532
On February 14 2012 09:21 redFF wrote:
cock, gg whichever one of you it is
bg rest of town fuck you all i lead 4 straight scum lynches but you fucked us up too much early on


I have to react to this cause you keep thinking you played like a boss. you did spend most of the time being overly agressive and abusive :\ Lanaia revealed us and it was gg at that point so don't flatter yourself too much about being the only good player. You even got temp-banned midgame.

Day one:

Your claim:
scumteam of Blazing, cwave and bum called it.


Radfield (6): Meapak_Ziphh, Cwave, Jackal58, Bumatlarge, Mr. Wiggles, Blazinghand
Navillus (1): RedFF
Bumatlarge (5): Radfield, Lanaia, Navillus, GGQ, Hesmyrr
Lanaia (2): Zephridd, Vaderseven

Voted on a town by you

Day two

Final Vote count!
Cwave (2): Bumatlarge, GGQ
Bumatlarge (7): Lanaia, Navillus, RedFF, Zephirdd, Hesmyrr, Refallen, Scamp
GGQ (2): Vaderseven, Cwave
Refallen (2): Jackal58, Blazinghand

Hej look, another town vote by you.

Day 3

Refallen (5): Blazinghand, Lanaia, Zephirdd, Hesmyrr, Scamp
Scamp (1): GGQ
Jackal58 (3): RedFF, Navillus, Refallen
RedFF (1): Jackal58
GGQ (2): vaderseven, Cwave

Hej.... another town vote by you and even a blue this time. Note that i voted GGQ two days in a row but due to overplaying my hand day1, noone is listening anymore and instead everyone just follows trains on town lynches. Fucking 3 scum in on the Refallen lynch.

Also a nice quote by you going into day4
GGQ is not happening today.


At this point, we chain lynch the obvious scum due to LANAIA REVEALING TOWNIES and i agree with you that the game was over with the 5/5 situation.


I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 14 2012 14:35 GMT
#1533
Just wanna pop in and say I agree with iGrok's method of running the game. As long as both factions still have a chance to win there is no need to call the game unless the rules explicitly state so.

I mean, I understand it being frustrating to play in a game where you don't think you have a chance at winning, or very little chance, but just try to make the best of it. Or, if you need to, just ask the host to replace you. Then criticize the setup in a constructive manner.
Computer says mafia
jaj22
Profile Joined September 2009
United Kingdom1376 Posts
February 14 2012 14:36 GMT
#1534
On February 14 2012 17:15 Cwave wrote:
/slap self more for not lynching GGQ sooner. I can't believe we let that guy cruise and ultralurk for so long

An understandable mistake if you read L.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 14 2012 14:46 GMT
#1535
Having slept on the matter I want to add that IMO this game wasn't a draw because I was playing the end game (last night and last day) 100% correct with the intent to win and it is safe to say that by the timing of my vote I had indeed accomplished creating a situation where in fact scum had a 100% chance to win and town 0%. Im kinda sad that we waited until that moment to end the game in a tie. I kinda feel like the game was allowed to run untill the town had been beaten and the a draw was given.

It doesnt matter though there isnt a ladder or ranking and I had fun. gg
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 14:53:04
February 14 2012 14:47 GMT
#1536
I mean, I understand it being frustrating to play in a game where you don't think you have a chance at winning, or very little chance, but just try to make the best of it. Or, if you need to, just ask the host to replace you. Then criticize the setup in a constructive manner.

It's more of "I gave my best for this game, investing hours into it, because I assumed this game was winnable. However, at the end of the game I learned it was impossible for the town faction to win unless mafia turned out to be massively incompetent at understanding the rules (which happened)". RedFF is definitely behaving poorly, but failure to understand the problem is also quite problematic for the future.

Another objection of RedFF seem to be that vote race on 1v1 is hardly different than vote race on 5v5. By the time Jackal was dead (3v3 at the time I believe), vote rushing have become legit strategy. If any of these three realized this and initiated the vote rush, the game still would have been determined by who votes faster - which is the reason why the host decided to intervene on the last day! Once again, none of this happened but I believe that he thinks it is fault of the win condition that allowed even the possibility of such vote race to occur.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 14 2012 14:49 GMT
#1537
On February 14 2012 23:35 Palmar wrote:
Just wanna pop in and say I agree with iGrok's method of running the game. As long as both factions still have a chance to win there is no need to call the game unless the rules explicitly state so.

I mean, I understand it being frustrating to play in a game where you don't think you have a chance at winning, or very little chance, but just try to make the best of it. Or, if you need to, just ask the host to replace you. Then criticize the setup in a constructive manner.


On a seperate note, I agree with this. A careful read of the rules can clearly show how and why eithee side could have won up till the very last second. This game is a good case study in that particular set of rules concerning vote count and lynching but that is a 100% different matter.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
February 14 2012 14:52 GMT
#1538
On February 14 2012 23:47 Hesmyrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
I mean, I understand it being frustrating to play in a game where you don't think you have a chance at winning, or very little chance, but just try to make the best of it. Or, if you need to, just ask the host to replace you. Then criticize the setup in a constructive manner.

It's more of "I gave my best for this game, investing hours into it, because I assumed this game was winnable. However, at the end of the game I learned it was impossible for the town faction to win unless mafia turned out to be massively incompetent at understanding the rules (which happened)". RedFF is definitely behaving poorly, but failure to understand the problem is also quite problematic for the future.


Of course, but this happens in mafia. It's perfectly fine to criticize the setup. I agree that the setup needs to be looked at to prevent a situation like this from happening again.

We're really discussing three different things.

1) Does the setup need to be looked at? My opinion is yes. It needs to be somehow tweaked to prevent this situation.
2) Given the circumstances did iGrok handle it correctly? My opinion is yes. I think that the calls he made were correct. The situation was kinda shitty, but he made the best of it.
3) Is it okay to be mad about it? My opinion is yes. But it's not okay to throw abuse around or ask to never allow iGrok to host again. If you don't agree with something, you criticize it, and perhaps even offer a solution. Don't just throw a tantrum.
Computer says mafia
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 15:07:32
February 14 2012 14:54 GMT
#1539
Yes, I agree RedFF was bad though I will stay away from that whole ban debate. My concern is that his poor behaviour leads to misunderstanding of whole situation which will not make people learn from this event. So I just did not want the first question ("Does the setup need to be looked at?") to be gleaned over. I think we agree with second and third question
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 14 2012 16:40 GMT
#1540
Quick note on the whole "sanity" thing - knowing that the death of Leo would probably be a crippling blow, I wanted to find a way to make it slightly more bearable, without punishing scum for sniping the Leo. Therefore, I sewed doubt as to the sanity of the Color Cop, and had a trigger that when Leo died, the cop would be told her sanity.

As a mod, I will never lie to my players. But simply by refusing to comment, I made several of you distrust it enough that until Lanaia had several checks, she didn't claim (though her blue tells were painfully obvious haha!)
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
Lowko91
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 782
Soma 746
BeSt 562
Jaedong 478
Light 378
910 369
Horang2 340
Hyuk 271
Stork 184
Soulkey 165
[ Show more ]
Pusan 120
EffOrt 118
Mini 88
Snow 74
Last 71
Dewaltoss 69
ZerO 60
Mong 49
Rush 45
Shinee 44
Killer 38
Mind 36
ggaemo 33
Yoon 32
hero 31
Creator 25
Bale 24
Sharp 19
sorry 13
yabsab 13
Noble 13
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc4748
XcaliburYe130
League of Legends
JimRising 334
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1451
pashabiceps844
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2654
Khaldor769
Other Games
gofns34375
singsing1390
ceh9633
XBOCT320
Pyrionflax245
DeMusliM175
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS38
trigger11
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream241
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH303
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1485
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
29m
Stellar Fest
2h 29m
The PondCast
23h 29m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.