• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:46
CEST 18:46
KST 01:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8430 users

The King of Fighters XIII Thread (Now on Steam) - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
The Official 2013 Fighting Games Thread

Official TL KOF PC Steam Group
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 05:34:49
March 21 2012 04:54 GMT
#101
On March 21 2012 13:35 Looms wrote:
Ugh so disappointing to see less than 20 people signed up for KoF this weekend at MLG, but I can't blame the players or teams since this was announced on such late notice by MLG and held on the same weekend as NCR. However, in comparison, Final Round had like 170 people for KoF.... Note: Really MLG? Please don't blame the game/community if there is a low turnout. It's your fault. Yeah, I get it.

Apparently they dropped the ball behind the scenes as well according to the MLG Winter Championships thread on dreamcancel (http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2100.45). Check it out if you are interested.

Show nested quote +
Ogosho won't be going to MLG. He was supposed to be invited by them together with a number of other players from Europe, but they told them at the last minute that they never sent any invites like that. He's complaining about it on Twitter and I'm sure the others will follow. Right now, he's streaming while boozing and complaining about this whole incident.

Also, RF didn't get an invite to begin with, so he's not going. Tokido isn't planning to go either. To put it another way, MLG won't have any Japanese players.



I hope that they manage to get at least a few more signups at the door to make this a real tournament (32-40 isn't too much to ask for I hope). On the bright side, the quality of play should be great thanks to some of the top so cal players deciding to attend MLG instead of NCR. The always impressive Xian from Singapore will be coming too.

Current player list: + Show Spoiler +
KOF XIII

EGJustinWong
Chu-Fye
QM_Sparkster
YSJKOF
ItzRomanc3
CMD_Duc
DM-Xian
jag_kof
IGL_BALA
ArcadeShocklReynald
AL-Dandy_J
0justius
xskullsmasherx69
XMADDOGGX
quickscopessephiroth
chaincrushcombo
Lil_Majin
Shin-Blade


yea sadly team e.live (containing both Mr.KOF and RF) won't make it. But, KOF as stated was announced on short notice, plus the fact that i feel a lot of the KOF players exhausted themselves financially going to FR, which also plays a factor on the short heads up concerning KOF being added. I feel like in future MLG with KOF13, turnouts will be better. Game is great, and it'll be the only game i plan on watching from MLG this weekend. Fully expecting more great sets from the SoCal guys and another 1-3 top three.

edit: happy korn b-day btw n_n
Forever Young
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
March 21 2012 05:30 GMT
#102
I'm glad MLG is paying people, but until they remove that extended series rule I don't think I'll ever go to one =/

Trying to learn benimaru right now, that tk'd lightning stuff is harder than it looks. Still can only get 3 in one combo. Really wish he didn't have that f+b move so I could mash his anti air st.b easier.
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 06:11:54
March 21 2012 06:07 GMT
#103
On March 21 2012 13:54 sung_moon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 13:35 Looms wrote:
Ugh so disappointing to see less than 20 people signed up for KoF this weekend at MLG, but I can't blame the players or teams since this was announced on such late notice by MLG and held on the same weekend as NCR. However, in comparison, Final Round had like 170 people for KoF.... Note: Really MLG? Please don't blame the game/community if there is a low turnout. It's your fault. Yeah, I get it.

Apparently they dropped the ball behind the scenes as well according to the MLG Winter Championships thread on dreamcancel (http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2100.45). Check it out if you are interested.

Ogosho won't be going to MLG. He was supposed to be invited by them together with a number of other players from Europe, but they told them at the last minute that they never sent any invites like that. He's complaining about it on Twitter and I'm sure the others will follow. Right now, he's streaming while boozing and complaining about this whole incident.

Also, RF didn't get an invite to begin with, so he's not going. Tokido isn't planning to go either. To put it another way, MLG won't have any Japanese players.



I hope that they manage to get at least a few more signups at the door to make this a real tournament (32-40 isn't too much to ask for I hope). On the bright side, the quality of play should be great thanks to some of the top so cal players deciding to attend MLG instead of NCR. The always impressive Xian from Singapore will be coming too.

Current player list: + Show Spoiler +
KOF XIII

EGJustinWong
Chu-Fye
QM_Sparkster
YSJKOF
ItzRomanc3
CMD_Duc
DM-Xian
jag_kof
IGL_BALA
ArcadeShocklReynald
AL-Dandy_J
0justius
xskullsmasherx69
XMADDOGGX
quickscopessephiroth
chaincrushcombo
Lil_Majin
Shin-Blade


yea sadly team e.live (containing both Mr.KOF and RF) won't make it. But, KOF as stated was announced on short notice, plus the fact that i feel a lot of the KOF players exhausted themselves financially going to FR, which also plays a factor on the short heads up concerning KOF being added. I feel like in future MLG with KOF13, turnouts will be better. Game is great, and it'll be the only game i plan on watching from MLG this weekend. Fully expecting more great sets from the SoCal guys and another 1-3 top three.

edit: happy korn b-day btw n_n


hehe ty. i was hoping that good news about the event would have been a nice present though

i agree with pretty much everything that you said. the Spring Championship in Anaheim this June should be able to produce an epic KoF XIII tournament, hopefully rivaling the SC2 tourney and getting the game the exposure that it deserves. at least this will be a good opportunity for the SoCal guys to prize split and take home a nice payday haha. i bet they would love to take top three and go back with 4k each :D.

also this is indeed a serious death combo video. the shen combo is especially funny imo
[image loading]

shin ken
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Germany614 Posts
March 22 2012 00:02 GMT
#104
I can't believe I overlooked this game until today Oo - bought it instantly, but I hope it's not to late. Will I find enough players online in europe?
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 05:13:02
March 22 2012 05:12 GMT
#105
Season 2 of WNF is changing the formula

Wednesdays will have SFxT & SSF4 AE 2012
Thursdays will have a new stream called the runback with UMvC3 & KoF13.

Getting some more coverage on one of the big streams in socal! KoF gaining momentum
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
March 23 2012 20:42 GMT
#106
MLG kicks off in 30 minuetes! Can't wait to see some KOF13 baby!
Twitter: @KingKosi
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
March 23 2012 20:45 GMT
#107
I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
March 23 2012 20:58 GMT
#108
www.twitch.tv/mlgfighters if you don't want to watch on the MLG live page.

KoF XIII all day today! Winners/Losers/Grand Finals all Saturday evening.

Pregame show starts after the Welcome Ceremonies.
MavivaM
Profile Joined November 2011
1535 Posts
March 23 2012 21:07 GMT
#109
WHAT.
THERE WAS A THREAD LIKE THIS ONE.
I'm... I'm speechless.
Thanks guys, togheter we'll watch some glorious KoF.
Your Opinion has been counted. Only 3 more Opinions needed for a reddit thread.
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
March 23 2012 21:11 GMT
#110
I heard KOF was more global than SF so I had to check it out. It looks pretty cool and the art style is slick. Hopefully I can learn something today. I always knew about KOF but never knew the extent of the competitive scene.
MavivaM
Profile Joined November 2011
1535 Posts
March 23 2012 21:14 GMT
#111
On March 24 2012 06:11 Serpico wrote:
I heard KOF was more global than SF so I had to check it out. It looks pretty cool and the art style is slick. Hopefully I can learn something today. I always knew about KOF but never knew the extent of the competitive scene.

Neither did I, but my passion for KoF dates to the year 1994 if you catch my hint ^^
As much as I love Starcraft I'll surely watch some fighting, this weekend!
Cannot wait to see how the pros play, afaik KoF has always been more 'open' than SF.

Or maybe it's my fanboyism speaking, dunno.
Your Opinion has been counted. Only 3 more Opinions needed for a reddit thread.
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 21:22:49
March 23 2012 21:21 GMT
#112
On March 24 2012 06:14 MavivaM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 06:11 Serpico wrote:
I heard KOF was more global than SF so I had to check it out. It looks pretty cool and the art style is slick. Hopefully I can learn something today. I always knew about KOF but never knew the extent of the competitive scene.

Neither did I, but my passion for KoF dates to the year 1994 if you catch my hint ^^
As much as I love Starcraft I'll surely watch some fighting, this weekend!
Cannot wait to see how the pros play, afaik KoF has always been more 'open' than SF.

Or maybe it's my fanboyism speaking, dunno.


well, arguably some of the best players in the world (outside of japan) are at this tournament. it was announced on short notice, so a lot of the players couldn't make it in time, but a few notables stand out: BALA, Reynald, romance, Duc, Xian and his friend(justius??).

OH SHIT MRKOF THERE TOO? REALLY?
MavivaM
Profile Joined November 2011
1535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 21:44:24
March 23 2012 21:32 GMT
#113
Oh, here it is.

Edit: Glad to see that Iori is still that beast of a character
Your Opinion has been counted. Only 3 more Opinions needed for a reddit thread.
Incognitodies
Profile Joined April 2008
United Kingdom184 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 22:46:40
March 23 2012 22:46 GMT
#114
Sigh... this MLG stream is atrocious. No matter what I'm watching, if I am spending much more time viewing downtime than actual matches then it is just not worth the effort.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 24 2012 00:18 GMT
#115
On March 24 2012 06:21 Looms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2012 06:14 MavivaM wrote:
On March 24 2012 06:11 Serpico wrote:
I heard KOF was more global than SF so I had to check it out. It looks pretty cool and the art style is slick. Hopefully I can learn something today. I always knew about KOF but never knew the extent of the competitive scene.

Neither did I, but my passion for KoF dates to the year 1994 if you catch my hint ^^
As much as I love Starcraft I'll surely watch some fighting, this weekend!
Cannot wait to see how the pros play, afaik KoF has always been more 'open' than SF.

Or maybe it's my fanboyism speaking, dunno.


well, arguably some of the best players in the world (outside of japan) are at this tournament. it was announced on short notice, so a lot of the players couldn't make it in time, but a few notables stand out: BALA, Reynald, romance, Duc, Xian and his friend(justius??).

OH SHIT MRKOF THERE TOO? REALLY?


Duc from MvC2??? Is he one of the best at KoF? If so, that's awesome.

Been watching the MLG stream on and off, but I am quite disappointed in the commentary. Seems to be a lot of Oscar grunting and making wild guesses.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
March 24 2012 01:33 GMT
#116
Justin Wong eliminated. He manage to get top 8 which is cool but definitely didn't expect him to take it. Juicebox Abel getting ready to commontate. Get hype!!!!
Twitter: @KingKosi
Islandsnake
Profile Joined April 2009
United States679 Posts
March 24 2012 02:01 GMT
#117
The hype right now is out of control! Lets go #KOF!
Bang!
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-24 02:12:21
March 24 2012 02:05 GMT
#118
dammit is it just me or that link for stream won't load for me. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

and no this duc and mvc2 spiral duc are two different ppl

edit: nvm finally loads. nice in time for reynald/duc

and lol i spot 2 pppl in crowd for this
Forever Young
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 24 2012 02:28 GMT
#119
God Kayane's accent is so cute. X_X
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
March 24 2012 02:33 GMT
#120
So is kof over? I wasn't following the stream, was trying to work on my midterm.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1132
ComeBackTV 903
SteadfastSC464
TaKeTV 448
LamboSC2377
IndyStarCraft 160
Rex112
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 464
LamboSC2 377
mouzHeroMarine 306
IndyStarCraft 160
ProTech148
Rex 112
UpATreeSC 91
BRAT_OK 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32672
Shuttle 1566
EffOrt 895
Light 671
Mini 592
Soma 472
firebathero 284
Rush 212
Snow 191
ZerO 161
[ Show more ]
hero 94
Liquid`Ret 55
Sea.KH 54
sorry 53
Killer 43
Mong 35
ToSsGirL 29
Sexy 23
soO 20
Trap 20
Bale 19
Terrorterran 19
Shine 17
Free 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7133
qojqva1841
Dendi930
420jenkins161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1344
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2119
crisheroes1257
XaKoH 220
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing1721
B2W.Neo1054
Beastyqt571
FrodaN367
ArmadaUGS221
Hui .194
KnowMe122
QueenE98
Mew2King80
ceh971
Trikslyr62
C9.Mang053
Dewaltoss48
ToD32
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 5
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3222
• TFBlade1089
Other Games
• imaqtpie391
• Shiphtur233
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 14m
Stellar Fest
20h 14m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.