• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:06
CEST 13:06
KST 20:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8568 users

Titanic Mini Mafia! - Page 30

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 255 Next
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
July 28 2013 15:15 GMT
#581
He didn't deny the pidgeon-holing....
IMCaptainJackSparrow
Profile Joined July 2013
Bahamas303 Posts
July 28 2013 15:16 GMT
#582
Shit lol I can't read. And pidgeon-holing the town into only 2 lynches isn't scummy because...?
"You will remember this day as the day that you ALMOST caught Captain Jack Sparrow."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
July 28 2013 15:17 GMT
#583
##vote : hzflank

I will put my vote on the person that is actively posting and I find the most scummy.
Reasons:
1) Disagree on Paper
2) Posting habit is equal to a previous game with hzflank. Such a good scumplayer, got killed by SK that game because he looked the most town with a lot of people left.

This is a respect vote if you like. I am checking in every so many minutes for questions.
I had a good night of sleep.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
July 28 2013 15:18 GMT
#584
hey hey exarezee, why dont you think the actions surrounding your case and his response does not make him town?
No gg, No skill.
exarezee
Profile Joined July 2013
United States423 Posts
July 28 2013 15:18 GMT
#585
On July 29 2013 00:13 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2013 00:11 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:06 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:03 exarezee wrote:
On July 28 2013 23:49 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
@exarezee

Why are you still on this silly idea that having two wagons is a good idea? It is not. It allows scum to control the lynch by swinging their votes on one person or the other.

Here's some advice for you: find your biggest scumread, and vote for them. Savvy?


Because I KNOW I'm town. How does this allow the scum to control the lynch? Why is my idea silly? Don't give a blanket statement that "it allows the scum to blah blah." So, if I said paper is scummy, and tofu is scummy, then it's ok? Ideally we want a consensus on votes. Ideally we would like votes spread around 2 people ONLY. We would have way more information than say there were 1 votes on everybody and 2 votes on another that got that person lynched.

Because you are trying to pidgeon-hole town into doing what you want. That's not very townie to do, is it? Not everyone is going to agree with BOTH of your lynch candidates. You need to pick one and let the rest of town either agree with you or bring up another wagon. It will happen naturally.

"If you try to chase two rabbits, you will lose them both"
-Native American Proverb


Why would I NOT pidgeon-hole this town into doing what I want. I'm 100% confident that I'm town unless I have completely misread my PM. I have no side agendas. I don't know for a certainty whether any of you have side agendas. This so stupid. LIke I can prove this mathematically for you if you like.

You are trying to convince us to kill either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. How are you not trying to pidgeon-hole us?
Please tell me how mathematically, we can lynch both of them today. I'd love to see it.


How am I pigeonholing when I am trying to convince you to lynch 1 of 2 people whereas most people are trying to convince me to lynch 1 of 1. I'm doing the opposite of pigeonholing.
IMCaptainJackSparrow
Profile Joined July 2013
Bahamas303 Posts
July 28 2013 15:19 GMT
#586
On July 29 2013 00:17 Koshi wrote:
##vote : hzflank

I will put my vote on the person that is actively posting and I find the most scummy.
Reasons:
1) Disagree on Paper
2) Posting habit is equal to a previous game with hzflank. Such a good scumplayer, got killed by SK that game because he looked the most town with a lot of people left.

This is a respect vote if you like. I am checking in every so many minutes for questions.

Not good enough.
"You will remember this day as the day that you ALMOST caught Captain Jack Sparrow."
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
July 28 2013 15:20 GMT
#587
The Paperscraps came from a Scum-Tree

Paper rejoins the game with a big post that is basically just a list of town reads. He does not provide particularly good reasons for his town reads. This is scummy through and through. I dont care about a list of his town reads, I want to know who he thinks is scum.

+ Show Spoiler +

On July 28 2013 10:24 Paperscraps wrote:
I have finally caught up! I wrote down some reads as I was catching up.

First off I need to say some stuff about my play early on. I get why people would find me scummy so far, tone and sarcasm are hard to convey in text. This is why I will play a more standard game from now on. It isn't helping people find scum, if they are looking at me for joking and being sarcastic and not understanding that is all it is.

hzflank leaning town - The more and more I read hz, the more I begin to like him. Not afraid to be abrasive and stand his ground.

exarezee null - The argument of either Tofu or I having to be scum strikes me as odd. I don't see any interactions between FT and I, that would merit this stance. I would like a more in-depth analysis of this pairing.
One thing that bugs me about exarezee is that he has reacted in a "noob" fashion to the two early votes on him. With his 100+ games played on the poker forums, which I have no reason to doubt, I just can't see why he would react so defensively. I am probably over thinking my read on exarezee, but I don't see him flipping scum at the moment, due his push on me which holds no substance and his reaction.

Oats leaning town - I am really hoping Oats is town, his reads and post so far have been great. His comprehension of what is going on is probably the best so far.

Clarity leaning town - Nothing really to elaborate on Clarity so far, I doubt most of the players would disagree.

One great interaction I found so far was this.

Show nested quote +
On July 27 2013 22:47 hzflank wrote:
On July 27 2013 22:25 exarezee wrote:
I think paperscraps and firmtofu are a good 1,2 wagon combo for day 1.

I don't think both are scum, but I think its a high chance one of the two are. Really strange initial votes on me by both of them. I don't understand why I had to be voted because I didn't provide a reason for a tone read I made. Paperscrap's vote is even more bewildering because he states he was "joking in all his posts." So, if they were townies making these votes I would have to assume they are trying to see if anybody jumps on my bandwagon and gain some information from it....but then they really quickly unvote. Just really strange town play IMO. Really can't see this being done as a scum/scum combo. It draws a little too much attention. Again, could be town/town, but I think its really likely a scum/town combo here.


How is that post in any way more useful to town than to scum?

You think that Paper and Tofu should be the two lynch candidates but do not state which of them is most likely to be scum. If they are both town then having them be the primary lynch candidates would be great for scum. If one of them is actually scum then you posting that without saying which one you think is scum is really not useful, as if one of them flips town you are in a position where you should assume that the other is scum, which give you a really easy excuse to vote for them if you are in fact scum.

Basically, telling us which single person you want to lynch is good. Telling us that you want the votes to be between two specific people is really bad.

Which of them is most likely to be scum?


This interaction seems genuine. If either of hzflank or exarezee were scum, I would say the other isn't.

CapJackSparrow null - I totally dig his RP gimmick so far and I am biased toward him in a good way. I want to say I lean town on him, but I would hold judgement on his alignment for now.

Tofu null - I don't think his push on exarezee is the best. It seems to be grasping. The thing with making cases in general is you can always twist and skew people's filter to whatever you think is right. Initially I leaned town on FT, but after his case I retract that some what.

Vayne leaning town - not sure what to think of vayne as of yet, he comes in every so often and drops some knowledge. I think his vote on clarity is pretty bad though. His filter strikes me as town though.

Koshi leaning town - Koshi is a odd ball so far. I like that he town reads me, haha. I mostly agree with the lists he has made so far.

I am going to read some filters more in-depth and meditate on what I have come up with so far. I don't have a strong scum read at the moment.

Also I realize I haven't commented on some people who have posted, the reads above were what stuck out to me most on my initial read through.


I already pointed out a specific thing that I did not like about this, which can be seen in this exchange. I encourage you all to read it from post 493 to 503.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=422720&currentpage=25#493

Paper's excuse for the inconstancy was that he did not read properly, but it was not one of those moments where you can tell that he was obviously being truthful.

Paper refused to answer any of my questions. How am I possibly supposed to get a town read on him when he does not answer my questions? If Paper were town then he would of answered them as honestly as possible.

Also, what does this actually tell us? It's pure fluff in an attempt to pad a post that contains zero useful information for town.

On July 28 2013 10:24 Paperscraps wrote:
This interaction seems genuine. If either of hzflank or exarezee were scum, I would say the other isn't.


In general I have no idea how Paper even arrived at the useless town reads in that post because he did not explain them in a townie way.

In addition, when Paper is pushed and finally gives us a scum read it is this:

On July 28 2013 13:32 Paperscraps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2013 12:57 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
Also @Paper,

I would like a scumread, if you are still around. You had promised one to me, yet you don't give me one...and everyone calls me untrustworthy...


Right now I would lynch Vivax followed by JAT. Vivax's push on Vayne seems like an excuse to just put a vote up. JAT hasn't added anything new to the thread. He has just regurgitated other people's FoSes in his own words. The only good thing JAT has done is nominate Jack for captain,

I would like rayn and Malongo to post more, before I actually made a decision.

Also I disagree on your read of Oats, I think he has contributed and I lean town on him. You should read through Vayne's filter, he posts some really good stuff if you look for it. I don't see him flipping scum right now.



He gives us a single sentence as to why he wants to lynch Vivax. A single sentence in a game with 400+ posts to use for information. Then he adds a second scum read. He never actually pushes either of these reads at all. Not once does he even direct a post at Vivax or JAT.

Paper later says that he has changed his mind about me and thinks I may be scum. I engage him in conversation (linked above) and he does not even try to push his read on me at all. If Paper actually had a scum read on me then why did that conversation go as it did?

How is any of this not scummy? How can people be saying that Paper's filter looks town?
IMCaptainJackSparrow
Profile Joined July 2013
Bahamas303 Posts
July 28 2013 15:20 GMT
#588
On July 29 2013 00:18 exarezee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2013 00:13 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:11 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:06 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:03 exarezee wrote:
On July 28 2013 23:49 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
@exarezee

Why are you still on this silly idea that having two wagons is a good idea? It is not. It allows scum to control the lynch by swinging their votes on one person or the other.

Here's some advice for you: find your biggest scumread, and vote for them. Savvy?


Because I KNOW I'm town. How does this allow the scum to control the lynch? Why is my idea silly? Don't give a blanket statement that "it allows the scum to blah blah." So, if I said paper is scummy, and tofu is scummy, then it's ok? Ideally we want a consensus on votes. Ideally we would like votes spread around 2 people ONLY. We would have way more information than say there were 1 votes on everybody and 2 votes on another that got that person lynched.

Because you are trying to pidgeon-hole town into doing what you want. That's not very townie to do, is it? Not everyone is going to agree with BOTH of your lynch candidates. You need to pick one and let the rest of town either agree with you or bring up another wagon. It will happen naturally.

"If you try to chase two rabbits, you will lose them both"
-Native American Proverb


Why would I NOT pidgeon-hole this town into doing what I want. I'm 100% confident that I'm town unless I have completely misread my PM. I have no side agendas. I don't know for a certainty whether any of you have side agendas. This so stupid. LIke I can prove this mathematically for you if you like.

You are trying to convince us to kill either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. How are you not trying to pidgeon-hole us?
Please tell me how mathematically, we can lynch both of them today. I'd love to see it.


How am I pigeonholing when I am trying to convince you to lynch 1 of 2 people whereas most people are trying to convince me to lynch 1 of 1. I'm doing the opposite of pigeonholing.

No, you want us to vote for either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. No one else. That's what you are saying when you say that you want 2 specific wagons. You want us to lynch only 2 of 12 possible players today. How scummy is that?
"You will remember this day as the day that you ALMOST caught Captain Jack Sparrow."
exarezee
Profile Joined July 2013
United States423 Posts
July 28 2013 15:21 GMT
#589
On July 29 2013 00:18 Oatsmaster wrote:
hey hey exarezee, why dont you think the actions surrounding your case and his response does not make him town?


think you left out a key player name or something here.
exarezee
Profile Joined July 2013
United States423 Posts
July 28 2013 15:23 GMT
#590
On July 29 2013 00:20 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2013 00:18 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:13 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:11 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:06 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:03 exarezee wrote:
On July 28 2013 23:49 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
@exarezee

Why are you still on this silly idea that having two wagons is a good idea? It is not. It allows scum to control the lynch by swinging their votes on one person or the other.

Here's some advice for you: find your biggest scumread, and vote for them. Savvy?


Because I KNOW I'm town. How does this allow the scum to control the lynch? Why is my idea silly? Don't give a blanket statement that "it allows the scum to blah blah." So, if I said paper is scummy, and tofu is scummy, then it's ok? Ideally we want a consensus on votes. Ideally we would like votes spread around 2 people ONLY. We would have way more information than say there were 1 votes on everybody and 2 votes on another that got that person lynched.

Because you are trying to pidgeon-hole town into doing what you want. That's not very townie to do, is it? Not everyone is going to agree with BOTH of your lynch candidates. You need to pick one and let the rest of town either agree with you or bring up another wagon. It will happen naturally.

"If you try to chase two rabbits, you will lose them both"
-Native American Proverb


Why would I NOT pidgeon-hole this town into doing what I want. I'm 100% confident that I'm town unless I have completely misread my PM. I have no side agendas. I don't know for a certainty whether any of you have side agendas. This so stupid. LIke I can prove this mathematically for you if you like.

You are trying to convince us to kill either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. How are you not trying to pidgeon-hole us?
Please tell me how mathematically, we can lynch both of them today. I'd love to see it.


How am I pigeonholing when I am trying to convince you to lynch 1 of 2 people whereas most people are trying to convince me to lynch 1 of 1. I'm doing the opposite of pigeonholing.

No, you want us to vote for either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. No one else. That's what you are saying when you say that you want 2 specific wagons. You want us to lynch only 2 of 12 possible players today. How scummy is that?


Ok, you gotta be trolling me. Let's assume you are town. Who are your personal top 2 scum candidates. Do you want to see them as Wagon #1 and Wagon #2? If not, please tell me why.
IMCaptainJackSparrow
Profile Joined July 2013
Bahamas303 Posts
July 28 2013 15:28 GMT
#591
On July 29 2013 00:23 exarezee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2013 00:20 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:18 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:13 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:11 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:06 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:03 exarezee wrote:
On July 28 2013 23:49 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
@exarezee

Why are you still on this silly idea that having two wagons is a good idea? It is not. It allows scum to control the lynch by swinging their votes on one person or the other.

Here's some advice for you: find your biggest scumread, and vote for them. Savvy?


Because I KNOW I'm town. How does this allow the scum to control the lynch? Why is my idea silly? Don't give a blanket statement that "it allows the scum to blah blah." So, if I said paper is scummy, and tofu is scummy, then it's ok? Ideally we want a consensus on votes. Ideally we would like votes spread around 2 people ONLY. We would have way more information than say there were 1 votes on everybody and 2 votes on another that got that person lynched.

Because you are trying to pidgeon-hole town into doing what you want. That's not very townie to do, is it? Not everyone is going to agree with BOTH of your lynch candidates. You need to pick one and let the rest of town either agree with you or bring up another wagon. It will happen naturally.

"If you try to chase two rabbits, you will lose them both"
-Native American Proverb


Why would I NOT pidgeon-hole this town into doing what I want. I'm 100% confident that I'm town unless I have completely misread my PM. I have no side agendas. I don't know for a certainty whether any of you have side agendas. This so stupid. LIke I can prove this mathematically for you if you like.

You are trying to convince us to kill either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. How are you not trying to pidgeon-hole us?
Please tell me how mathematically, we can lynch both of them today. I'd love to see it.


How am I pigeonholing when I am trying to convince you to lynch 1 of 2 people whereas most people are trying to convince me to lynch 1 of 1. I'm doing the opposite of pigeonholing.

No, you want us to vote for either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. No one else. That's what you are saying when you say that you want 2 specific wagons. You want us to lynch only 2 of 12 possible players today. How scummy is that?


Ok, you gotta be trolling me. Let's assume you are town. Who are your personal top 2 scum candidates. Do you want to see them as Wagon #1 and Wagon #2? If not, please tell me why.

No, I choose my top scum read and only focus on getting them lynched. I would rather have one of my top scum reads and someone else's top scum read be #1 and #2 because it provokes discussion and it provokes good case making. If you get your top 2 scumreads on the block, you will just sit back and do nothing because you wouldn't care about who gets lynched after that.

It's all in the effort of having good discussion. It's ok to be wrong sometimes too. Being wrong doesn't make you scummy all of the time. If someone has a better argument for a lynch candidate, it's not scummy to agree with someone either. It's only scummy when you tell town "we're lynching either FirmTofu or Paperscraps today".

By the way, my top 2 reads are Oatsmaster and VayneAuthority. Still. Koshi is getting up there though.
"You will remember this day as the day that you ALMOST caught Captain Jack Sparrow."
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
July 28 2013 15:32 GMT
#592
Right now im interested into knowing who hzflanks other three scumspects are, if he has any besides paperscraps.
Found him kinda scummy since the thing with stutters, where he used one argument on paperscraps but not on me. I need still to analyze his other posts more properly though. I suggest that's a good place to start looking if you want to find something weird about hz.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
July 28 2013 15:33 GMT
#593
Vivax why is paper town?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
July 28 2013 15:35 GMT
#594
I meant FT exarezee


When paper flips town man. You guys gonna be sad.
No gg, No skill.
hzflank
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom2991 Posts
July 28 2013 15:39 GMT
#595
On July 29 2013 00:32 Vivax wrote:
Right now im interested into knowing who hzflanks other three scumspects are, if he has any besides paperscraps.
Found him kinda scummy since the thing with stutters, where he used one argument on paperscraps but not on me. I need still to analyze his other posts more properly though. I suggest that's a good place to start looking if you want to find something weird about hz.


I think I have made that fairly clear already and it would be based on associations after Paper's flip.

I am perfectly willing to answer your question, but first I would like you to answer mine. Why do you want to know my other scum reads while I am obviously pushing hard on Paper? What benefit goes that give you or the town?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
July 28 2013 15:39 GMT
#596
On July 29 2013 00:33 Clarity_nl wrote:
Vivax why is paper town?


The thing i found kinda townie is how he treated people of the nullish category more favourably than not. Scum needs to paint people scummy and get a mislynch, being easy going on potential mislynches is something that works against that objective, in case they need to switch to them later, or start a counterwagon.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
July 28 2013 15:43 GMT
#597
On July 29 2013 00:39 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2013 00:32 Vivax wrote:
Right now im interested into knowing who hzflanks other three scumspects are, if he has any besides paperscraps.
Found him kinda scummy since the thing with stutters, where he used one argument on paperscraps but not on me. I need still to analyze his other posts more properly though. I suggest that's a good place to start looking if you want to find something weird about hz.


I think I have made that fairly clear already and it would be based on associations after Paper's flip.

I am perfectly willing to answer your question, but first I would like you to answer mine. Why do you want to know my other scum reads while I am obviously pushing hard on Paper? What benefit goes that give you or the town?


I want to know if you're trying to figure out the game or just pushing a lynch from an easy tunnel.
You tend to paint whatever ps does in unfavourable light, and seem to ignore other possibilities.

It's my current subjective impression of your play, and i will reinforce it or correct it when i have the chance to post from a more comfortable place later.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
July 28 2013 15:43 GMT
#598
Anyone wanna kill stutters?
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
exarezee
Profile Joined July 2013
United States423 Posts
July 28 2013 15:43 GMT
#599
On July 29 2013 00:28 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2013 00:23 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:20 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:18 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:13 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:11 exarezee wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:06 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
On July 29 2013 00:03 exarezee wrote:
On July 28 2013 23:49 IMCaptainJackSparrow wrote:
@exarezee

Why are you still on this silly idea that having two wagons is a good idea? It is not. It allows scum to control the lynch by swinging their votes on one person or the other.

Here's some advice for you: find your biggest scumread, and vote for them. Savvy?


Because I KNOW I'm town. How does this allow the scum to control the lynch? Why is my idea silly? Don't give a blanket statement that "it allows the scum to blah blah." So, if I said paper is scummy, and tofu is scummy, then it's ok? Ideally we want a consensus on votes. Ideally we would like votes spread around 2 people ONLY. We would have way more information than say there were 1 votes on everybody and 2 votes on another that got that person lynched.

Because you are trying to pidgeon-hole town into doing what you want. That's not very townie to do, is it? Not everyone is going to agree with BOTH of your lynch candidates. You need to pick one and let the rest of town either agree with you or bring up another wagon. It will happen naturally.

"If you try to chase two rabbits, you will lose them both"
-Native American Proverb


Why would I NOT pidgeon-hole this town into doing what I want. I'm 100% confident that I'm town unless I have completely misread my PM. I have no side agendas. I don't know for a certainty whether any of you have side agendas. This so stupid. LIke I can prove this mathematically for you if you like.

You are trying to convince us to kill either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. How are you not trying to pidgeon-hole us?
Please tell me how mathematically, we can lynch both of them today. I'd love to see it.


How am I pigeonholing when I am trying to convince you to lynch 1 of 2 people whereas most people are trying to convince me to lynch 1 of 1. I'm doing the opposite of pigeonholing.

No, you want us to vote for either FirmTofu or Paperscraps. No one else. That's what you are saying when you say that you want 2 specific wagons. You want us to lynch only 2 of 12 possible players today. How scummy is that?


Ok, you gotta be trolling me. Let's assume you are town. Who are your personal top 2 scum candidates. Do you want to see them as Wagon #1 and Wagon #2? If not, please tell me why.

No, I choose my top scum read and only focus on getting them lynched. I would rather have one of my top scum reads and someone else's top scum read be #1 and #2 because it provokes discussion and it provokes good case making. If you get your top 2 scumreads on the block, you will just sit back and do nothing because you wouldn't care about who gets lynched after that.

It's all in the effort of having good discussion. It's ok to be wrong sometimes too. Being wrong doesn't make you scummy all of the time. If someone has a better argument for a lynch candidate, it's not scummy to agree with someone either. It's only scummy when you tell town "we're lynching either FirmTofu or Paperscraps today".

By the way, my top 2 reads are Oatsmaster and VayneAuthority. Still. Koshi is getting up there though.


Why would you not want a scum/scum wagon? (Even though I don't think paper/tofu is scum/scum but possible). YOU, knowing you are a town would rather chance someone else's scum read getting lynched than your own? You don't know if he has any agenda or not! Of course if you only have one scumread then you just push your single read. This is different after Day 1 when some people flips and you know if you can give more credence to someone's picks. This is just not logical that you would not want two people you think scum not to be the wagons.

Of course once my goal of the two wagons is done, I can sit back. How does this make me scummy? I've already identified the best two lynch candidates in Day 1. In an extreme example, suppose I know for certain that both paper and tofu are scum. Should I not want both of them on the wagon?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
July 28 2013 15:46 GMT
#600
Not really clarity.

Exarezee. Calm the fuck down and relax.

Now tell the thread how FT is scum even though his reaction to finding a scumslip is incredibly townie.
Or is nothing totally townie in your world? Where scum always play perfectly?
No gg, No skill.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 255 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 16942
StarCastTV_EN387
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
TBD vs Percival
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings92
CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko161
ProTech37
OGKoka 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11498
Jaedong 5700
EffOrt 2794
BeSt 1212
actioN 869
Killer 649
Soma 598
ZerO 507
Horang2 499
Pusan 456
[ Show more ]
Zeus 249
Stork 221
Rush 179
JYJ 160
Barracks 117
ToSsGirL 55
Mong 53
HiyA 46
Bale 31
Sexy 28
Sharp 27
Terrorterran 25
Shinee 22
sorry 19
NaDa 18
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
JulyZerg 9
Sea.KH 1
Dota 2
Gorgc5097
XaKoH 429
Dendi5
League of Legends
Reynor47
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2326
crisheroes1864
Other Games
gofns63093
singsing1535
olofmeister1288
byalli590
Livibee201
Pyrionflax138
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick539
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream364
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 255
StarCraft 2
WardiTV46
Other Games
BasetradeTV0
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1941
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 54m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.