• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:45
CEST 02:45
KST 09:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6935 users

Blizzard negotiating SC2 with KeSPA directly - Page 29

Forum Index > SC2 General
1005 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 51 Next
Knock off the SC2 vs BW vs LoL vs whatever crap please.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 04:04:25
March 25 2012 03:12 GMT
#561
On March 25 2012 12:07 ptrpb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 12:03 StarStruck wrote:
ptrph I like to speak in the here and now too.

There is still major problems with b.net 2.0 that I don't see them getting addressed anytime soon.

As for integration. Combining two games in one league is not a good idea. We've seen it before and the results had very little weight. It didn't do well.

If the rumor becomes true and they alternate between sets. The competition won't be pure. I have no problem with a SC2 PL or showmatches before or after a PL because the results won't have an impact on the league.

I think as long as the programers don't have to play both games in the season it will be okay. I'm sure there will be some people who want BW exclusively, some who want SC2 exclusively, but we can't possibly know how many people will ditch the league because of it. Hell I don't like the idea of it either. I like both games (though I like BW a bit more) and I want to see BW stick around for as long as it can. If this venture helps with that then I'm cool with it. We also can't know the full intentions of the league merging. It could be piggybacking the popularity of SC2 to help finance BW, it could be abusing the BW audience to gain popularity for SC2 we just don't know. But come friend, KT vs KHAN is on. Let's go watch.



It's still a mockery. The rumor is the b-team members and certain players (team 8 god forbid, they have nothing at their disposal) will play the SC2 sets.

If you read a few pages back you would have seen my post where I said even the most hardcore BW fans are saying to just do SC2 PL if that's the case so the results at least have some sort of meaning.

On March 25 2012 12:05 xBillehx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 11:53 StarStruck wrote:
No problem. Usually a finals is set from anywhere from 10k-15k more realistically.

Let me put it this way. The next PL finals will be held in a big gymnasium for an SK Basketball team, which holds just up to 15K I believe. It's a lot smaller than what we're used to. I hope that helps.

We have a thread about that too in the BW forums.

Divide that number by half, and probably again depending on how they set up the stadium. Maximum capacity is 7500. I also think this is another indication BW isn't doing well lately, seeing as they're using SK's stadium to cut costs. You'd think if the TV ratings were still amazing it also wouldn't be hard to get a sponsor for Team 8, the OSL or the PL. I don't think it's doing anywhere near as well as it used to be. ;\


Because it isn't. Like I said, they have been having problems finding sponsors since 2010. I shoulld also add, the current chairman for KeSPA is SK, so it makes perfect sense for them to use that venue. Heck SK are even in the finals too.
nokz88
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1253 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 03:18:15
March 25 2012 03:15 GMT
#562
What do you mods mean by "unsubstantiated"? It was a direct translation of this part of the article:

국내 e스포츠에 정통한 한 관계자는 “다음 시즌 프로리그는 <스타크래프트>와 <스타크래프트 2> 병행으로 열리고, 그 다음 시즌에서 <스타크래프트 2>로 전면 전환할 가능성이 높다”고 말했다.
in a state of trance
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
March 25 2012 03:15 GMT
#563
Finally it's time for SC2 to shine.
Marines > everything
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
March 25 2012 03:15 GMT
#564
On March 25 2012 11:46 StarStruck wrote:
The problem is attracting new sponsors. We've seen a lot of ties severed within the last few years. It's been very hard for them to find sponsors.


If that's the motivation, it's likely that they'll be unhappy with the switch to SC2. GSL has gone from being sponsored by Blizzard and Pepsi to Blizzard and HOT6ix energy drink to Blizzard alone... sounds like a similar trend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 03:34:09
March 25 2012 03:18 GMT
#565
On March 25 2012 12:05 xBillehx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 11:53 StarStruck wrote:
No problem. Usually a finals is set from anywhere from 10k-15k more realistically.

Let me put it this way. The next PL finals will be held in a big gymnasium for an SK Basketball team, which holds just up to 15K I believe. It's a lot smaller than what we're used to. I hope that helps.

We have a thread about that too in the BW forums.

Divide that number by half, and probably again depending on how they set up the stadium. Maximum capacity is 7500. I also think this is another indication BW isn't doing well lately, seeing as they're using SK's stadium to cut costs. You'd think if the TV ratings were still amazing it also wouldn't be hard to get a sponsor for Team 8, the OSL or the PL. I don't think it's doing anywhere near as well as it used to be. ;\


Can I request a translation by someone in korean?

I just went to naver (korean search engine), saw "삼성전자 kt" was in the top 10 searches (samsung khan kt, I can read that much), and clicked second link for that search result which looks like a poll of who would win:
http://cafe.naver.com/totostarworld.cafe?iframe_url=/ArticleRead.nhn?articleid=19731&

the poll results were 399,200 to 400,205, meaning 800,000 people voted on who would win the playoff match between khan and KT today.

Looks like to me plenty of koreans are interested.

edit- hrmm, direct link isn't working for me but can still search it. and of course, dunno if it was a user poll or what it indicates.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
March 25 2012 03:18 GMT
#566
On March 25 2012 12:12 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 12:07 ptrpb wrote:
On March 25 2012 12:03 StarStruck wrote:
ptrph I like to speak in the here and now too.

There is still major problems with b.net 2.0 that I don't see them getting addressed anytime soon.

As for integration. Combining two games in one league is not a good idea. We've seen it before and the results had very little weight. It didn't do well.

If the rumor becomes true and they alternate between sets. The competition won't be pure. I have no problem with a SC2 PL or showmatches before or after a PL because the results won't have an impact on the league.

I think as long as the programers don't have to play both games in the season it will be okay. I'm sure there will be some people who want BW exclusively, some who want SC2 exclusively, but we can't possibly know how many people will ditch the league because of it. Hell I don't like the idea of it either. I like both games (though I like BW a bit more) and I want to see BW stick around for as long as it can. If this venture helps with that then I'm cool with it. We also can't know the full intentions of the league merging. It could be piggybacking the popularity of SC2 to help finance BW, it could be abusing the BW audience to gain popularity for SC2 we just don't know. But come friend, KT vs KHAN is on. Let's go watch.



It's still a mockery. The rumor is the b-team members and certain players (team 8 god forbid, they have nothing at their disposal) will play the SC2 sets.

... B-team, I'm fine with, but Team 8? Wtf, that is so fucking incredibly sad, them getting lumped in with "B-teamers". Sure T8's been doing bad in PL, but for fuck's sake, they have some pretty legit excuses for doing bad IMO. >_>
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
March 25 2012 03:20 GMT
#567
On March 25 2012 12:15 Lysenko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 11:46 StarStruck wrote:
The problem is attracting new sponsors. We've seen a lot of ties severed within the last few years. It's been very hard for them to find sponsors.


If that's the motivation, it's likely that they'll be unhappy with the switch to SC2. GSL has gone from being sponsored by Blizzard and Pepsi to Blizzard and HOT6ix energy drink to Blizzard alone... sounds like a similar trend.


That's longevity for you when it comes to the gaming world. I got my monies worth out of the game. That is for sure.

It was a smart decision from Blizzard's end to announce more than one expansion for SC2 to prolong whatever shelf-life the title will have. RTS games are a royal pain to develop and support. ;/
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13424 Posts
March 25 2012 03:21 GMT
#568
On March 25 2012 12:03 StarStruck wrote:
ptrph I like to speak in the here and now too.

There is still major problems with b.net 2.0 that I don't see them getting addressed anytime soon.

As for integration. Combining two games in one league is not a good idea. We've seen it before and the results had very little weight. It didn't do well.

If the rumor becomes true and they alternate between sets. The competition won't be pure. I have no problem with a SC2 PL or showmatches before or after a PL because the results won't have an impact on the league.


Well, they did fire a lot of people so hopefully they work on Bnet for the expansion.

Also, we can still hope that its two concurrent leagues with alternating game sets perhaps for broadcast? Idk I just dont want to see 2 games being played for one league :S
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 03:23:47
March 25 2012 03:21 GMT
#569
On March 25 2012 12:18 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 12:12 StarStruck wrote:
On March 25 2012 12:07 ptrpb wrote:
On March 25 2012 12:03 StarStruck wrote:
ptrph I like to speak in the here and now too.

There is still major problems with b.net 2.0 that I don't see them getting addressed anytime soon.

As for integration. Combining two games in one league is not a good idea. We've seen it before and the results had very little weight. It didn't do well.

If the rumor becomes true and they alternate between sets. The competition won't be pure. I have no problem with a SC2 PL or showmatches before or after a PL because the results won't have an impact on the league.

I think as long as the programers don't have to play both games in the season it will be okay. I'm sure there will be some people who want BW exclusively, some who want SC2 exclusively, but we can't possibly know how many people will ditch the league because of it. Hell I don't like the idea of it either. I like both games (though I like BW a bit more) and I want to see BW stick around for as long as it can. If this venture helps with that then I'm cool with it. We also can't know the full intentions of the league merging. It could be piggybacking the popularity of SC2 to help finance BW, it could be abusing the BW audience to gain popularity for SC2 we just don't know. But come friend, KT vs KHAN is on. Let's go watch.



It's still a mockery. The rumor is the b-team members and certain players (team 8 god forbid, they have nothing at their disposal) will play the SC2 sets.

... B-team, I'm fine with, but Team 8? Wtf, that is so fucking incredibly sad, them getting lumped in with "B-teamers". Sure T8's been doing bad in PL, but for fuck's sake, they have some pretty legit excuses for doing bad IMO. >_>


No man, I meant they only have a few members, so I mean... who the heck you choose? Once again this is all speculation. We have to wait and see what happens. Just really sucks if you don't have a big roster to back it up. ;/

P.S. You should see my BW Fantasy Team. D: I didn't do too well. ;o
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 03:26:24
March 25 2012 03:24 GMT
#570
On March 25 2012 12:21 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 12:18 babylon wrote:
On March 25 2012 12:12 StarStruck wrote:
On March 25 2012 12:07 ptrpb wrote:
On March 25 2012 12:03 StarStruck wrote:
ptrph I like to speak in the here and now too.

There is still major problems with b.net 2.0 that I don't see them getting addressed anytime soon.

As for integration. Combining two games in one league is not a good idea. We've seen it before and the results had very little weight. It didn't do well.

If the rumor becomes true and they alternate between sets. The competition won't be pure. I have no problem with a SC2 PL or showmatches before or after a PL because the results won't have an impact on the league.

I think as long as the programers don't have to play both games in the season it will be okay. I'm sure there will be some people who want BW exclusively, some who want SC2 exclusively, but we can't possibly know how many people will ditch the league because of it. Hell I don't like the idea of it either. I like both games (though I like BW a bit more) and I want to see BW stick around for as long as it can. If this venture helps with that then I'm cool with it. We also can't know the full intentions of the league merging. It could be piggybacking the popularity of SC2 to help finance BW, it could be abusing the BW audience to gain popularity for SC2 we just don't know. But come friend, KT vs KHAN is on. Let's go watch.



It's still a mockery. The rumor is the b-team members and certain players (team 8 god forbid, they have nothing at their disposal) will play the SC2 sets.

... B-team, I'm fine with, but Team 8? Wtf, that is so fucking incredibly sad, them getting lumped in with "B-teamers". Sure T8's been doing bad in PL, but for fuck's sake, they have some pretty legit excuses for doing bad IMO. >_>


No man, I meant they only have a few members, so I mean... who the heck you choose? Once again this is all speculation. We have to wait and see what happens. Just really sucks if you don't have a big roster to back it up. ;/

Oh, okay. Phew, I thought you meant the rumors were that B-teamers and then T8's getting relegated to SC2. :V

I mean, they do have like three B-team members, iirc ... guhhhh.
FairForever
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2392 Posts
March 25 2012 03:27 GMT
#571
On March 25 2012 12:18 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 12:12 StarStruck wrote:
On March 25 2012 12:07 ptrpb wrote:
On March 25 2012 12:03 StarStruck wrote:
ptrph I like to speak in the here and now too.

There is still major problems with b.net 2.0 that I don't see them getting addressed anytime soon.

As for integration. Combining two games in one league is not a good idea. We've seen it before and the results had very little weight. It didn't do well.

If the rumor becomes true and they alternate between sets. The competition won't be pure. I have no problem with a SC2 PL or showmatches before or after a PL because the results won't have an impact on the league.

I think as long as the programers don't have to play both games in the season it will be okay. I'm sure there will be some people who want BW exclusively, some who want SC2 exclusively, but we can't possibly know how many people will ditch the league because of it. Hell I don't like the idea of it either. I like both games (though I like BW a bit more) and I want to see BW stick around for as long as it can. If this venture helps with that then I'm cool with it. We also can't know the full intentions of the league merging. It could be piggybacking the popularity of SC2 to help finance BW, it could be abusing the BW audience to gain popularity for SC2 we just don't know. But come friend, KT vs KHAN is on. Let's go watch.



It's still a mockery. The rumor is the b-team members and certain players (team 8 god forbid, they have nothing at their disposal) will play the SC2 sets.

... B-team, I'm fine with, but Team 8? Wtf, that is so fucking incredibly sad, them getting lumped in with "B-teamers". Sure T8's been doing bad in PL, but for fuck's sake, they have some pretty legit excuses for doing bad IMO. >_>


Don't think you understood the post.
Mauldo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States750 Posts
March 25 2012 03:32 GMT
#572
On March 25 2012 12:15 nokz88 wrote:
What do you mods mean by "unsubstantiated"? It was a direct translation of this part of the article:

Show nested quote +
국내 e스포츠에 정통한 한 관계자는 “다음 시즌 프로리그는 <스타크래프트>와 <스타크래프트 2> 병행으로 열리고, 그 다음 시즌에서 <스타크래프트 2>로 전면 전환할 가능성이 높다”고 말했다.


They probably mean that it's from a "unnamed Korean industry insider." A quote that inflammatory from an imaginary person shouldn't be taken seriously. American politicians and news outlets pull the same shit all the time.

Either way, awesome news!
TeeTS
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany2762 Posts
March 25 2012 03:33 GMT
#573
To be honest, who wants to see a SC2 pro league? If it is a KESPA league, then only KESPA licenced pro gamers will be allowed to play there, which excludes every current top SC2 player. I really don't see KESPA opening up, so KESPA will swallow GOM/kick GOM out of the buisness, or create their own microcosmos inside the SC2 scene in korea. Either way is not very promising for the SC2 future.

It's very logical that LoL and Dota have such a big fanbase, because these games are soooooooo casual. But SC (1 & 2) are the big competition, it would be sad to see them die to some casual crap. (I really don't see the difficulty of controlling one unit in the standard 3rd person RTS view, no matter how much abilities it has. It's like WoW with a much better overview......)
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 03:48:11
March 25 2012 03:44 GMT
#574
On March 25 2012 12:21 ZeromuS wrote:
Well, they did fire a lot of people so hopefully they work on Bnet for the expansion.


At the risk of getting off-topic (which I'll try to remedy by offering some real information in this post), the handful of layoffs on the development side don't have anything to do with where they are on Battle.net. There are some announced improvements coming in SC2:WoL 1.5, and probably more with HotS, but there's obviously a long story there.

* The original Battle.net 2.0 UI implementation, including friends list features and the custom game interface, was thrown together in pure emergency mode by a tiny development team that was pulled off working on Titan with little notice and very little time to get something done. They had no time to implement anything beyond what went into the original release, including the chat channels we got later.

* Since that team went back onto Titan as soon as SC2 shipped, it took time to get additional features like chat channels added by the developers that remained.

* The project director for Battle.net 2.0, Greg Canessa, moved on to be Activision's VP for mobile development in late 2010. I'm sure this didn't help in terms of pushing Battle.net 2.0 feature development for future projects.

* The recent snafu involving D3 community manager Bashiok's posting that D3 wasn't going to have public chat channels because of the high support cost of following up on misbehavior in them, followed by a huge community uproar and Bashiok's posting that he misspoke about that and they were already implemented, suggests to me at least that there's an internal conflict of some kind within Blizzard about whether community features like that are worth the cost on games with no subscription mechanism. Bashiok works for the support organization within Blizzard that would have to pay those costs, and the developers don't, so it sounds like there was probably some high-level push-and-pull there.

That last, by the way, is probably the biggest reason that a robust chat system hasn't been developed for SC2 or D3. At least some of the people at Blizzard view it as a very costly feature to support, absence of which won't dissuade most people from buying the game initially.

Blizzard dealt with the chat systems in games up through Warcraft 3 as a "buyer beware" kind of system. Spam? Obscene language? No problem! However, World of Warcraft gave them the budget to address those issues, and set a standard that they would address those issues, so suddenly the buyer-beware attitude doesn't seem like a viable choice for future games, even if there's no ongoing revenue stream to pay for anything better.

I also think that SC2 wasn't the sales success that they hoped it would be, so they cut back on related development to some extent. However, that's pure speculation on my part.

Edit: Don't make me the bad guy by starting a huge side conversation about the merits of bnet 2.0 in this thread. If you feel like answering at length, PM me and we can find somewhere else for that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
March 25 2012 03:46 GMT
#575
On March 25 2012 12:15 Lysenko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 11:46 StarStruck wrote:
The problem is attracting new sponsors. We've seen a lot of ties severed within the last few years. It's been very hard for them to find sponsors.


If that's the motivation, it's likely that they'll be unhappy with the switch to SC2. GSL has gone from being sponsored by Blizzard and Pepsi to Blizzard and HOT6ix energy drink to Blizzard alone... sounds like a similar trend.


Might be jumping the gun there. The season sponsor does not get revealed until Code S. Also GSTL never had a sponsor. So not for certain yet.
Someone call down the Thunder?
VictorJones
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States235 Posts
March 25 2012 03:52 GMT
#576
lol the drama line was unsubstantiated. Thnk goodness
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
March 25 2012 03:54 GMT
#577
On March 25 2012 12:15 nokz88 wrote:
What do you mods mean by "unsubstantiated"? It was a direct translation of this part of the article:

Show nested quote +
국내 e스포츠에 정통한 한 관계자는 “다음 시즌 프로리그는 <스타크래프트>와 <스타크래프트 2> 병행으로 열리고, 그 다음 시즌에서 <스타크래프트 2>로 전면 전환할 가능성이 높다”고 말했다.


I think it's because it's still a rumor/speculation from the one of the Korean staff that cannot be verified. Until it's confirmed, right now it will only stir up the SC2 vs BW vs other games flame war that does nothing good.
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Kira__
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
March 25 2012 03:57 GMT
#578
competition is always good though, I expect SC2 production in korea to take it to the next level
The truth is, Yagami-kun, I suspect that you may in fact be Kira.
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
March 25 2012 03:59 GMT
#579
On March 25 2012 12:52 VictorJones wrote:
lol the drama line was unsubstantiated. Thnk goodness


I dont think you understand what that word means. In theline it admits to being said thru an unnamed source which already makes it unsubtantiated. Whether or not its likely or even possible is an entirely different thing but it always was that.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
March 25 2012 04:04 GMT
#580
I... I honestly don't understand why LoL is being brought up now all the time. Especially since this thread concerns only BW and SC2. I know LoL is getting super popular in Korea atm. But the news are about the possibility of SC2 in proleague. LoL already has its own show....

I also don't get why people seem to think that Blizzard is somehow strongarming OGN into this. I mean for OGN to even consider this it must mean that there is at least some demand for OGN produced SC2 content. Unless Blizzard can outbid all OGN sponsors with vested interest in BW I just can't see OGN being so stupid to incorporate SC2 unless they see some money into it.
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 51 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2534
Artosis 719
White-Ra 96
910 47
Dota 2
monkeys_forever663
NeuroSwarm206
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv296
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe172
Other Games
summit1g8269
JimRising 601
shahzam564
C9.Mang0307
ArmadaUGS76
RuFF_SC223
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick799
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream335
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 15m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 15m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.