• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:57
CEST 05:57
KST 12:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7262 users

Normal Mini Mafia III - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 87 Next
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:28 GMT
#521
On August 23 2012 06:54 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 06:51 Lvdr wrote:
Take 3: Does VE have a history of successfully reading scum d1? aka What is the chance that Shady flips red based on Ve's read?


AH, the CRUX.

In asking if I have a history of "successfully reading scum D1", ven if I have 100% accuracy in the past, this is completely meaningless unless you are operating under the premise that I'm town and am READING Shady. It shows his true thoughts on me (that I'm town) hiding beneath his actions (his vote, the questions, the ruse) and betrays preexisting knowledge of my alignment.

Chez, you truly are inspirational.

##Unvote
##Vote Lvdr


I don't see how this means I'm operating under the premise that you're 100% town. Since it is day 1, everyone can be town OR mafia, and must be analyzed from both points of view.

I'm trying to determine IF you are town, have you had success in similar positions in the past?
Is it plausible that you're a townie that has a read that goes contrary to mine? (I think Shady is bad townie)


Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:30 GMT
#522
EBWOP: Otherwise VE is just trying to bandwagon a bad townie.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:35 GMT
#523
Also, my questioning was designed to refine my read on VE. Because nobody was answering my questions, I tried rephrasing them multiple times. Somehow that turned into a scumslip?
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:44 GMT
#524
He's wondering if I'm "reading you accurately" while voting me. He's SAYING he thinks I'm scum, but he slips my alignment in asking if I'm "reading you accurately"...which is something only town can do (scum don't read anyone, they know everyone's alignment).


The reason I found your case scummy is that I found it too naive for an experienced player, hence my question about past reads. If this is standard play from you it is a lot less suspicious. If it raises red flags for other players that have played with you before then my mafia read is strengthened.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 22 2012 22:46 GMT
#525
Go ahead and tell the class what you found naive about my case.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 22:47 GMT
#526
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=24#463
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 22 2012 22:52 GMT
#527
Okay, now explain why that makes me naive. You're saying Shady is non-confrontational and/or aloof. I submit that those are traits that can be attributed to scum and town both, but with a higher frequency in scum. Why is it a "rookie-mistake" to call Shady out on this?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 22 2012 23:03 GMT
#528
The fact of the matter is that its not. He is acting with knowledge I don't have access to. He assumes it is a rookie mistake because (I'm guessing) he onows I'm wrong...this is supported by the fact that this whole thing is about him trying to backpedal on his "reads" of me and Shady respectively.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 23:07 GMT
#529
I think you're falling into the 'badtownie-looking-scummy' trap.

for example "This was before you entered the thread. So you're either not reading the thread (my guess) or you're blatantly and maliciously misrepresenting the facts. Which is it Shady?"

Here you're pressuring Shady quite hard, but I think Shady was doing his patented 'misunderstand what's going on' just as he did in this post
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=359836&currentpage=12#225
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
August 22 2012 23:10 GMT
#530
On August 23 2012 07:35 Lvdr wrote:
Also, my questioning was designed to refine my read on VE. Because nobody was answering my questions, I tried rephrasing them multiple times. Somehow that turned into a scumslip?


It really did sound like you were presuming him innocent despite the fact that you're voting for him. Not just in that question but in the previous ones as well.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 23:11 GMT
#531
how does that make any sense at all?
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
August 22 2012 23:15 GMT
#532
that's kind of the point haha
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 23:17 GMT
#533
I mean as a scumslip.
Lvdr
Profile Joined August 2012
United States418 Posts
August 22 2012 23:19 GMT
#534
My last defense is that lynching controversial players d1 almost always ends up as a mislynch.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 22 2012 23:28 GMT
#535
what the fuck?

people best not be voting Lvdr because of that 'scumslip'.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 22 2012 23:30 GMT
#536
RTFT dear.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 22 2012 23:33 GMT
#537
yeah, 5 pages appeared while I was 3v3ing (my offrace terran kicks ass). Gonna try to make sense of what's what while I roll
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
August 22 2012 23:52 GMT
#538
in other news i am still suspicious of bluelightz.

he has provided no reads and continues to lurk. I would encourage everyone to take a closer look at him.

On August 22 2012 23:42 Bluelightz wrote:


Defense in points:

1. If the response is townie, then I believed he is townie, why should I NOT retract my suspicion? It's kinda pointless if ye see.

2.Why is the reasoning I provided bad?(Hint: your reasoning is pointless bullshit)

3.Didn't give insight till pushed because I didn't feel the need too.

4.Why is when I got into the game a factor in me being scum?(Hint: explain), It's not like I should always post when I'm not ready.



his main defense i find to be less than substantial. He seem to be more attacking me than just simply answering the questions. His snarky remarks also don help if he truely is town why dosent he just defend himself and start hunting scum?

I want blueligtz in here now and i want him to give us more to go on.

Also i dont think lvdr is scum and i dont think that was a slip.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 22 2012 23:54 GMT
#539
On August 23 2012 08:52 iamperfection wrote:
in other news i am still suspicious of bluelightz.

he has provided no reads and continues to lurk. I would encourage everyone to take a closer look at him.

Show nested quote +
On August 22 2012 23:42 Bluelightz wrote:


Defense in points:

1. If the response is townie, then I believed he is townie, why should I NOT retract my suspicion? It's kinda pointless if ye see.

2.Why is the reasoning I provided bad?(Hint: your reasoning is pointless bullshit)

3.Didn't give insight till pushed because I didn't feel the need too.

4.Why is when I got into the game a factor in me being scum?(Hint: explain), It's not like I should always post when I'm not ready.



his main defense i find to be less than substantial. He seem to be more attacking me than just simply answering the questions. His snarky remarks also don help if he truely is town why dosent he just defend himself and start hunting scum?

I want blueligtz in here now and i want him to give us more to go on.

Also i dont think lvdr is scum and i dont think that was a slip.


Don't think what was a slip, Perfect One?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
August 22 2012 23:57 GMT
#540
On August 23 2012 06:51 Lvdr wrote:
Take 3: Does VE have a history of successfully reading scum d1? aka What is the chance that Shady flips red based on Ve's read?


I believe thats what is being talked about right???????????????????????????????????????
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 222
FoxeR 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4236
Leta 2042
Bale 52
Shine 24
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Other Games
summit1g8200
WinterStarcraft497
ViBE144
Mew2King21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick683
BasetradeTV164
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo827
Other Games
• Scarra1049
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 3m
Patches Events
11h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 3m
OSC
19h 3m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.