• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:21
CEST 05:21
KST 12:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8210 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XX - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 58 Next
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 07 2012 15:59 GMT
#441
EBWOP:

Evul, JieXian is saying that the logical choice for you if you are scum and Lazer is town was to vote for Hopeless because if you had voted for Lazer and he flipped green, you would have looked quite scummy for protecting Hopeless, and not only would Hopeless have had a high chance of being lynched the next day anyway, you would also be compromised and under heavy scrutiny.

JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 07 2012 15:59 GMT
#442
Ok, so just to clear up the constant complaints about this in particular, the flippant dismissal of arguments against me I felt were weak was because I've been told by several people not to put a lot of effort into responding to weak attacks. Apparently, it was something I was doing too much, and it looked scummy. So, here, I try to not put a ton of effort into weak ones, and it's called scummy.

I'm guessing that somewhere in the mix, there's too much WIFOM afoot.

To answer the accusation of "defending Lazer and flip-flopping", I didn't defend Lazer. I just said his opener didn't feel excessively scummy. I'd say there's a significant difference between defending a guy and saying "meh, that post doesn't feel like a sufficient basis for an accusation".

Hopeless, we already know what happened there, I straight up misread. Sucks.

So, was there anything not involving those things you wanted me to explain? Sorry, if I try to break down every single thing that's been leveled against me and respond all at once, it would be a giant, confusing post, and frankly, I probably wouldn't get a chance to post it, because I'd be constantly adding to it.
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
July 07 2012 16:00 GMT
#443
And I'm actually off to bed now, I'm out.
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
July 07 2012 16:07 GMT
#444
On July 08 2012 00:55 Evulrabbitz wrote:
Show nested quote +
What? Do you mind explaining what you thought I meant?


As I interpreted it, you claim that if I would've voted for Lazermonkey, which would lead to the death of him, and he flips green; I would have been the next logical lynch.

Is that what you meant?


In that case your rebuttal doesn't make any sense >_>

Naturally everyone would be looking at you because you placed the deciding vote.
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 16:13 GMT
#445
Before I start adding to my previous posts this night I want you to clearly state what you meant, since I obviously interpreted your post in a manner which was not intended.
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 07 2012 16:18 GMT
#446
On July 08 2012 00:33 Evulrabbitz wrote:
Show nested quote +
but look, if you kept your vote on jingle for example, Mackin or Khorrus could "magically" apear and vote for Lazer

but by voting on Hopeless, the two of them needed to vote for lazer.. and i couldn't see Khorrus returning


That is true. I thought my vote was the last possible. Regardless, it does not weaken my case, it does rather the opposite.


I stand corrected. Evul's vote was 13 minutes before the deadline, and as he admits, he thought it was the last vote possible. He's basically admitting that his vote was useless, still he felt inclined to switch his vote. Combined with the fact that his previous postings do not talk about his preference for lazer vs. hopeless lynch. In fact, he never really brings up his reads on either player. The act of suddenly changing his vote last minute, when hopeless lynch was already evident, resembles classic case of bussing and is scummy.

Thus top two lynch candidates:

Evul
Jingle
Never!
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
July 07 2012 16:32 GMT
#447
On July 08 2012 01:13 Evulrabbitz wrote:
Before I start adding to my previous posts this night I want you to clearly state what you meant, since I obviously interpreted your post in a manner which was not intended.


My reply: "in that case your rebuttal doesn't make sense" meant that you interpreted it perfectly
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 07 2012 16:35 GMT
#448
caught up and evul has wasted a hell of a lot of time talking about circumstance/hypothetical scenarios about D1, despite the fact that we have passed day 1.

He also tried the if this, then that bullshit. I don't really see what town motivation would cause this, but as a scum, it's trying to survive without an analytical basis.

"meh, that post doesn't feel like a sufficient basis for an accusation" = defense because there was an accusation (I) and your saying there should be no accusation tells me to stop attacking him for that reason.
☺
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 16:39 GMT
#449
I stand corrected. Evul's vote was 13 minutes before the deadline, and as he admits, he thought it was the last vote possible. He's basically admitting that his vote was useless, still he felt inclined to switch his vote. Combined with the fact that his previous postings do not talk about his preference for lazer vs. hopeless lynch. In fact, he never really brings up his reads on either player. The act of suddenly changing his vote last minute, when hopeless lynch was already evident, resembles classic case of bussing and is scummy.


I have never stated my vote was useless, I said the opposite. I said my vote was the deciding relying on the fact that it was not for Lazermonkey.

I mentioned in the same post as I voted that if anyone wanted me to elaborate, I would. However I do not see the need as Hopeless flipped scum.

What I am trying to say is that If I were Mafia I would know the alignment of both Hopeless and Lazermonkey. Since we know Hopeless is(was) mafia there are now 3 scenarios about my alignment:

1) I am mafia and Lazermonkey is not.

If this is the case, why would I vote for Hopeless and not Lazermonkey?
a) It would be suspicious to vote against Lazermonkey since I then would have thrown the deciding vote against a townie.(Basically what JieXian said)
Ask yourself this: If Hopeless would've turned green, would I be the one to be lynched or would the person making a case against him be? It's the exact same situation. I don't see how I would be more suspicious than the person making the case (I do acknowledge that I would've been more suspicious than any of the "regular" voters).

2) Lazermonkey is Mafia and I am not.

I am not really in a position to say how Lazermonkey would've played but I doubt he would sacrifice his Mafia buddy without trying to divide attention to other players.

3) We both are mafia

This scenario is, of course, still plausible. The only way to prove this wrong is if one of us is innocent. Then scenario 1 or 2 would be in effect.
Evulrabbitz
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden134 Posts
July 07 2012 16:43 GMT
#450
And to answer Release who posted while I was writing;

The motivation for my posts is to make it clear that, based on how I acted, I am not scummy.
YourHarry
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 07 2012 16:51 GMT
#451
Quick reply from the toilet:

Sorry I was confused. You did have the chance to change your vote to lynch lazer. And it would not have been that suspicious as you had your initial vote on someone other than hopeless.
Never!
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
July 07 2012 17:00 GMT
#452
Regarding EvulRabbit's vote, I was under the impression that he indeed swung the vote into Hopeless? The score was 5-5 with Hopeless set to lynch - Evul could have swung the vote either way and chose Hopeless. This gives him a lot of townie points (assuming I'm correct in my town read of Lazer).

Regarding JingleHell defending his behavior - Jingle spent the entirety of his earlier post talking about his self-defense. My case (CLICK HERE). does not concern this at all, and instead, attacks him based on his defense of Hopeless, the logic of his case, and his anti-town mentality, all of which are suspicious in a mafia-oriented way.

@ Jingle, I don't think my case is "weak" by any stretch of the imagination, and don't give me shit about how it "isn't worth your time." If the medic doesn't screw up/get roleblocked and I die, I'm voting for you the second that D2 starts unless I get a satisfactory defense.

On the subject of Meta-Analysis on Jingle - Jingle is clearly pretty self-aware of his meta, so I'm hesitant to use his posting tone/style in a formal case. In addition, in his last game as mafia, he was a substitute, and thus was under very different circumstances/pressure than this game. I believe my current case outlines his mafia-motive pretty well, but if people need convincing, I'll provide an analysis of townie Jingle and talk about how different his posting motives were in that game.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
July 07 2012 17:17 GMT
#453
Regarding EvulRabbit's vote (and WIFOM/logical choice) - I strongly believe Evul as Mafia would have swung the vote into Lazer's camp. If lazer got lynched and flipped green, it would have thrown the town into absolute chaos. We would have so many targets to chose from, that the three mafia could bandwagon and plurality lynch the non-mafia very easily.

@THE_ZEN_MAN
On July 07 2012 19:15 The_Zen_Man wrote:
Cant say im too suprised, as my choice was between hope and lazer, and they were about equally scummy too me(lazer obvously more). But for now, lets just wait out the night.


We're not content to just "wait out the night" - we need to organize the town, pressure suspicious players, and make reads so we don't take our opinions to the grave.

...and for the 30th time, why is Lazer scummy to you?!?!?!?!?!? I wrote a pretty long post HERE discussing why your suspicions are baseless, yet you're still throwing this around? I want some legitimate answers.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 07 2012 17:22 GMT
#454
Don't tell me what shit to give you, or I'll just not waste my time on you, since you're so busy focusing on me that you've apparently forgotten that the cases I wasn't interested in replying to weren't even yours, so watch your pitiful attempts to take everything personally before I decide you really aren't worth my time and let you guys mislynch. I couldn't actually give a shit less.

All you've done is outline about a trillion things in red text, most of them having to do with my interactions with Lazer, and I explained the majority of that. If you have specific points that I haven't addressed, bring them up.

I'm aware you don't want to be bothered to actually type anything, since you love links so much, but frankly, if you're going to be too lazy to separate the things I've answered from the things I haven't, I'm sure as hell not going to bother either.

tl;dr, put your dick away before I let you step all over it.
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
July 07 2012 17:36 GMT
#455
Hapa I see your logic. However either way seems to be beneficial since I really don't have much suspicion of Evul atm.

Please do post your analysis on Jingle
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
July 07 2012 17:36 GMT
#456
Since you're apparently (purposefully?) unwilling to actually read my accusation, let me tl;dr it for you:

1) You vote to lynch lazer without providing ANY evidence or analysis. You're welcome to dig through your filter and quote yourself in your defense, but I can't find anything remotely substantial.
2) You defend Hopeless1der without providing ANY evidence or analysis. You are not a stupid person, and we know that from your post games. "Misread" won't cut it - give a good reason for your defense. You spend a lot of time talking about a mysterious "meta" that we still haven't heard anything about. The time you do talk about his meta, its straight-up wrong ("prolific posting" by hopeless... lol).
3) Your cases of anti-town mentality and advice. I'll let the below quote do the talking for me:
On July 07 2012 00:37 JingleHell wrote:
-SNIP-
Actually, if we want to find out who's being scummy, since this is a newbie game, is look for the people who are trying too hard to be the polar opposite of scummy based on the various guides. So look for prolific posters who find a way to turn every single word into a scumslip, are obsessed with analysis, and want to take the lead.

You should find at least two scum that way.

Holy scum-advice batman! TBH, I'd be perfectly fine with you ignoring everything else I've said if you can explain your way out of this one.

Of course, you can also sit back and continue to flame as opposed to defending yourself. You continue to build your rapport of anti-town mentality as opposed to providing anything productive to the town. You continue to flame and throw around "dicks" rather than post anything of substance.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 07 2012 17:42 GMT
#457
Jingle, stop acting like grush.
☺
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 07 2012 17:45 GMT
#458
On July 08 2012 02:36 Hapahauli wrote:
Since you're apparently (purposefully?) unwilling to actually read my accusation, let me tl;dr it for you:

1) You vote to lynch lazer without providing ANY evidence or analysis. You're welcome to dig through your filter and quote yourself in your defense, but I can't find anything remotely substantial.
2) You defend Hopeless1der without providing ANY evidence or analysis. You are not a stupid person, and we know that from your post games. "Misread" won't cut it - give a good reason for your defense. You spend a lot of time talking about a mysterious "meta" that we still haven't heard anything about. The time you do talk about his meta, its straight-up wrong ("prolific posting" by hopeless... lol).
3) Your cases of anti-town mentality and advice. I'll let the below quote do the talking for me:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 00:37 JingleHell wrote:
-SNIP-
Actually, if we want to find out who's being scummy, since this is a newbie game, is look for the people who are trying too hard to be the polar opposite of scummy based on the various guides. So look for prolific posters who find a way to turn every single word into a scumslip, are obsessed with analysis, and want to take the lead.

You should find at least two scum that way.

Holy scum-advice batman! TBH, I'd be perfectly fine with you ignoring everything else I've said if you can explain your way out of this one.

Of course, you can also sit back and continue to flame as opposed to defending yourself. You continue to build your rapport of anti-town mentality as opposed to providing anything productive to the town. You continue to flame and throw around "dicks" rather than post anything of substance.


Re-post this without your confrontational bullshit, since apparently my tl;dr in the last one was over your head. And to release, I actually have no idea who the fuck grush is.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
July 07 2012 17:49 GMT
#459
Jingle, I suggest you step outside and go for a walk. After you calm yourself, let me know, and I'll post my questions without the confrontational stuff. Know that I will be aggressively pushing for your lynch if you do not defend yourself.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
July 07 2012 17:49 GMT
#460
On July 08 2012 02:36 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2012 00:37 JingleHell wrote:
-SNIP-
Actually, if we want to find out who's being scummy, since this is a newbie game, is look for the people who are trying too hard to be the polar opposite of scummy based on the various guides. So look for prolific posters who find a way to turn every single word into a scumslip, are obsessed with analysis, and want to take the lead.

You should find at least two scum that way.


In that quote he's obviously attacking lazer and another person (most probably you) what's so special about it >_>
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
NeuroSwarm 187
FoxeR 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3487
Leta 1844
Bale 61
Shine 17
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g7948
JimRising 573
WinterStarcraft407
ViBE144
Mew2King18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
BasetradeTV199
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 17
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo605
Other Games
• Scarra1056
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 39m
Patches Events
11h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 39m
OSC
19h 39m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.