• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8854 users

Death metal thread - Page 21

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
March 13 2012 17:00 GMT
#401
On March 14 2012 01:53 Neurosis wrote:
Limbonic Art is just pure cheese. I listen to A LOT of both DM and BM but that is one band I just never could get into. For me "symphonic" black metal starts and ends with Emperor. Comparing metal gods like Immolation to LA is a bit strange to me. Now Enslaved, that's another story.


I am of the same notion as far as Limbonic Art and symphonic black metal.
I have for a while only really been listening to Destroyer 666, Drudkh, Immortal, Darkthrone and Bathory recently, as far as BM goes.

How do you like Autopsy, Neurosis?
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Wegandi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2455 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 17:04:22
March 13 2012 17:02 GMT
#402
On March 14 2012 01:53 Neurosis wrote:
Limbonic Art is just pure cheese. I listen to A LOT of both DM and BM but that is one band I just never could get into. For me "symphonic" black metal starts and ends with Emperor. Comparing metal gods like Immolation to LA is a bit strange to me. Now Enslaved, that's another story.


There are a lot of great symphonic BM bands. Obviously Emperor is great, but they're not the only band to stand out.





Well, LA is pretty much a very well known BM band and quite popular as well, so I figured it was an apt comparison.
Thank you bureaucrats for all your hard work, your commitment to public service and public good is essential to the lives of so many. Also, for Pete's sake can we please get some gun control already, no need for hand guns and assault rifles for the public
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
March 13 2012 17:03 GMT
#403
On March 14 2012 02:00 TheBamf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 01:53 Neurosis wrote:
Limbonic Art is just pure cheese. I listen to A LOT of both DM and BM but that is one band I just never could get into. For me "symphonic" black metal starts and ends with Emperor. Comparing metal gods like Immolation to LA is a bit strange to me. Now Enslaved, that's another story.


I am of the same notion as far as Limbonic Art and symphonic black metal.
I have for a while only really been listening to Destroyer 666, Drudkh, Immortal, Darkthrone and Bathory recently, as far as BM goes.

How do you like Autopsy, Neurosis?


Autopsy is great, even their new one which surprised me. Definitely one of the more underrated DM bands out there.
erathedark
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany20 Posts
March 13 2012 17:05 GMT
#404
Saw them 4 Weeks ago in Germany with Krisiun was realy great show

TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
March 13 2012 17:07 GMT
#405
Amongst metal-"knowers" they certainly are not underrated by from afar they are very unappreciated when put against the likes of Death or Morbid Angel.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 17:11:37
March 13 2012 17:10 GMT
#406
Wegandi I think you may like these symphonic DM bands. A lot of metal heads that like the symphonic stuff tend to praise these bands, Septic Flesh especially.

[image loading]


[image loading]
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
March 13 2012 17:14 GMT
#407
Horrendous is great. I love a lot of the modern old school sounding death metal bands, whether it be the thrashy or slower, doomier stuff.


Wegandi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2455 Posts
March 13 2012 17:26 GMT
#408
On March 14 2012 02:10 Neurosis wrote:
Wegandi I think you may like these symphonic DM bands. A lot of metal heads that like the symphonic stuff tend to praise these bands, Septic Flesh especially.

[image loading]


[image loading]


I particularly enjoyed the septicflesh piece, so-so with the fleshgod one. I suppose for a DM thread I should post some YT's of the bands I like. I quite enjoy Augury from time to time.



Of course it'll probably get the 'wankery' title, but I find a lot of TDM to be particularly enjoyable to listen to. :p (Though you can't top Quo Vadis...such a great band)
Thank you bureaucrats for all your hard work, your commitment to public service and public good is essential to the lives of so many. Also, for Pete's sake can we please get some gun control already, no need for hand guns and assault rifles for the public
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 18:04:03
March 13 2012 18:00 GMT
#409
I quite like Augury myself. It's definitely extremely self indulgent but that's the best kind of tech death haha. Also I'm a sucker for melodic solos, so yeah. Some tech death you may like.


+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]



Also, special mention to Cynic just in case you don't already know them. They kind of > the entire genre imo.
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


The vocals are strange but it just doesn't matter lol.
paragon_jomo
Profile Joined October 2010
New Zealand8 Posts
March 13 2012 22:14 GMT
#410
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 02:36:00
March 16 2012 02:34 GMT
#411
On January 09 2012 13:40 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
Sweden inspired USDM.


I posted this in January. You guys should pay more attention. Lol.
Edit: Well now the video is disable but it worked for a while. It was one if the horrendous songs.

This came out last year. Really cool Crusty Death/Thrash.
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
March 16 2012 02:39 GMT
#412
And I know this isnt Death metal but it's awesome Black metal and will probably will be one of my top albums for this year like how their album last year was.
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
March 16 2012 08:11 GMT
#413
On March 16 2012 11:34 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 13:40 ZombieNostalgia wrote:
Sweden inspired USDM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv1Jg_IEJ3Q


I posted this in January. You guys should pay more attention. Lol.
Edit: Well now the video is disable but it worked for a while. It was one if the horrendous songs.

This came out last year. Really cool Crusty Death/Thrash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-NZaH6bVHg


I will pay more attention mighty-one!

... So have you guys heard of Hot Graves? Pretty kick ass
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-16 18:57:01
March 16 2012 18:48 GMT
#414
So in my quest to hear new songs from Nile's upcoming album I came across this. Enjoying the Hot Graves link and cover art btw.




And this....


ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
March 16 2012 22:04 GMT
#415
Funny story. I won a shirt and a 7" for liking their record companies page on facebook. They were celebrating their first 300 likes. I was like 301.

This year has been slow for Death metal. Got a good amount of good black metal albums and Pallbearer's awesome doom album but very few death metal albums.

ElectricWizard
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway200 Posts
March 16 2012 22:06 GMT
#416
no idea if this has been posted yet
mouzThorZaIN / EmpireviOLet / BboongBboongPRIME / xSixSleep / TSLSymbol
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
March 16 2012 22:25 GMT
#417
Bloodbath... T_T
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
March 16 2012 22:27 GMT
#418
I much prefer this Bloodbath. Serbian Bloodbath> Swedish Bloodbath
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-17 17:55:14
March 17 2012 17:52 GMT
#419
Not really death metal but I have a feeling DM fans will love it anyways.





I don't really like thrash that much but No More Color is definitely in my top 5 favorite albums of all time. It's just mind bending how good this band is.
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
March 17 2012 18:57 GMT
#420
Dont care cause....



User was temp banned for this post.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O0
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason102
BRAT_OK 51
Railgan 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16595
Mini 353
Dewaltoss 181
Hyuk 135
ggaemo 114
firebathero 106
Terrorterran 16
ZZZero.O 0
Dota 2
Gorgc6337
febbydoto15
League of Legends
Doublelift1949
Counter-Strike
Fnx 808
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4952
Khaldor1430
crisheroes966
Liquid`Hasu860
Other Games
summit1g4986
FrodaN2294
fl0m1039
Beastyqt844
mouzStarbuck305
KnowMe290
ArmadaUGS147
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 91
• Adnapsc2 28
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 42
• 80smullet 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 10097
Other Games
• imaqtpie834
• Shiphtur257
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 50m
INu's Battles
15h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 50m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.