• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:34
CEST 04:34
KST 11:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6716 users

Death metal thread - Page 20

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 24 Next All
FalahNorei
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany56 Posts
March 04 2012 15:51 GMT
#381
not sure if that already was posted; so I'll add it too: (didn't feel like searching through 19 pages <.< )



they're rather good, not incredibly awesome or something, but hey - they're barly even 20 years old
'cause I can
BenBuford
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark307 Posts
March 04 2012 16:05 GMT
#382
Ahh, the childhood memories . This thread = so much nostalgia.
Here's some of my old favourites:

Revenant
[image loading]


Morgoth
[image loading]


Deicide
[image loading]


Banished
[image loading]
BenBuford on twitter.
Roachu
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden692 Posts
March 04 2012 16:12 GMT
#383
I was an avid death metal fan for years, now it has pretty much boiled down to the few albums I feel are worth it. If I listen to death metal its most likely old swedish style or modern tech death like Fleshgod Apocalypse.
Don't be asshats
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
March 04 2012 20:34 GMT
#384
Never heard Banished before BenBuford, not shabby!


Brutal Truth is funfunfun


classic
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
brobrah
Profile Joined April 2011
220 Posts
March 04 2012 20:48 GMT
#385
On March 05 2012 05:34 TheBamf wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQgCZasm6mU
classic

Me and some friends played that on a bar's jukebox one night. We got some weird looks. Then we played some Death and the bartender asked us to either put on sensible music or leave. So we left.

I'll contribute some Canadian goodness.
I want to be the next Chris Loranger for SC3
BenBuford
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark307 Posts
March 04 2012 22:28 GMT
#386
On March 05 2012 05:34 TheBamf wrote:
Brutal Truth is funfunfun

Ahh, Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses". So much quality on that album! (Walking Corpse, Stench of Prophet, Time, Ill Neglect).

Got me inspired to find some more classics:

Grave + Show Spoiler +
Seen these guys live so many times back in the day. They always seemed to do warm up gigs for Bay Area bands coming to Denmark in the early nineties. They never failed to deliver live.

[image loading]


Entombed + Show Spoiler +
"Left Hand Path" is probably the most important album in swedish Death Metal (which is a bold statement). But this song off their second album "Clandestine" is simply incredible:

[image loading]


Unleashed + Show Spoiler +
More swedish classic stuff. I remember them having to cancel a show in Denmark because their singer Johnny was sick and coughing up blood. Morgoth (playing warm up that night) felt sorry for us, and played an extra 30 minutes or something to compensate. I never got to see Unleashed live though .

[image loading]


Sweden delivers...
BenBuford on twitter.
TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
March 04 2012 22:39 GMT
#387
Stranger Aeons was the perfect balance between groove and DM, I think they went downhill very quickly with their death n' roll stuff. The Clandestine album as a whole I prefer to Left hand Path but both rate amongst the best of Swedish DM.


Macabre's Dahmer is by far their best album IMO, it is a weird album but it has some gems like Hitchhiker.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
March 05 2012 08:04 GMT
#388
old school death metal perfection...and those solos!

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]
couches
Profile Joined November 2010
618 Posts
March 05 2012 20:47 GMT
#389
On March 05 2012 01:12 Roachu wrote:
I was an avid death metal fan for years, now it has pretty much boiled down to the few albums I feel are worth it. If I listen to death metal its most likely old swedish style or modern tech death like Fleshgod Apocalypse.

Yeh I don't really bother checking out every release anymore. Just the ones that get hyped by certain people that I know when they say "this is good shit" I know it will be good shit.
ZombieNostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States133 Posts
March 11 2012 20:50 GMT
#390
On March 06 2012 05:47 couches wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 01:12 Roachu wrote:
I was an avid death metal fan for years, now it has pretty much boiled down to the few albums I feel are worth it. If I listen to death metal its most likely old swedish style or modern tech death like Fleshgod Apocalypse.

Yeh I don't really bother checking out every release anymore. Just the ones that get hyped by certain people that I know when they say "this is good shit" I know it will be good shit.


Yeah. I don't have the time to search through blogs for new stuff so I just lurk boards I know from time to time. It works. I also have certain people I refer to.
Black_Metal
Profile Joined July 2011
4 Posts
March 12 2012 02:05 GMT
#391
Cheers to the guy that posted the Suffocation and Cryptopsy. Jesus Wept has become my new favorite song as of late. Aside from some old school stuff, I've been digging slam lately:


TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
March 12 2012 10:16 GMT
#392

Best release of 2012 IMO.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 13:59:20
March 13 2012 11:36 GMT
#393
On March 12 2012 19:16 TheBamf wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hGHlgfLqhY
Best release of 2012 IMO.


Nice, haven't heard of this band until now but I dig it. Gonna try and track down the full length. These days when all DM bands are trying to break the sound barrier its nice to hear some more mid paced stuff.

Edit: Definitely will end up being one my favorite albums of 2012 as well.
Wegandi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2455 Posts
March 13 2012 12:33 GMT
#394
Not too much a fan of the more known DM bands, but I must say I do enjoy a lot of Chuck's work. I've always been more of a Black Metal / Ambient + Symphonic BM / old school MDM type of guy.

As far as DM and its off-shoots goes...can't go much wrong with Quo Vadis and early Dark Tranquillity.



I'll always maintain that BM bands have more musicianship talent (composition, technical, etc.).



[image loading]


Death growls are ok, but BM vox are where it is at :p
Thank you bureaucrats for all your hard work, your commitment to public service and public good is essential to the lives of so many. Also, for Pete's sake can we please get some gun control already, no need for hand guns and assault rifles for the public
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
March 13 2012 15:44 GMT
#395
Seriously, check out Horrendous - The Chill. This is so addicting. It reminds me of like Immolation meets maybe The Left Hand Path mixed with grime or doom. Soooo good.
SnowSC2
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States678 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 16:08:26
March 13 2012 16:07 GMT
#396
Havent been deathcore since doom wtf..




TheBamf
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark366 Posts
March 13 2012 16:23 GMT
#397
On March 13 2012 20:36 Neurosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 19:16 TheBamf wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hGHlgfLqhY
Best release of 2012 IMO.


Nice, haven't heard of this band until now but I dig it. Gonna try and track down the full length. These days when all DM bands are trying to break the sound barrier its nice to hear some more mid paced stuff.

Edit: Definitely will end up being one my favorite albums of 2012 as well.


I am very happy to see that you are enjoying it, finding them by accident has been the highlight of my week. I am ordering their album and maybe a t-shirt tonight.


On March 13 2012 21:33 Wegandi wrote:
Not too much a fan of the more known DM bands, but I must say I do enjoy a lot of Chuck's work. I've always been more of a Black Metal / Ambient + Symphonic BM / old school MDM type of guy.

As far as DM and its off-shoots goes...can't go much wrong with Quo Vadis and early Dark Tranquillity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVaFkN153E&feature=related

I'll always maintain that BM bands have more musicianship talent (composition, technical, etc.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_zxYuTHz7g

[image loading]


Death growls are ok, but BM vox are where it is at :p


You should try to listen to some real DM, there is a lot of good stuff out there.
IM.Nestea | IM.MvP | MvP.DongRaeGu. | Genius | ST.Parting I SlayerS.MMA
Wegandi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2455 Posts
March 13 2012 16:48 GMT
#398
On March 14 2012 01:23 TheBamf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 20:36 Neurosis wrote:
On March 12 2012 19:16 TheBamf wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hGHlgfLqhY
Best release of 2012 IMO.


Nice, haven't heard of this band until now but I dig it. Gonna try and track down the full length. These days when all DM bands are trying to break the sound barrier its nice to hear some more mid paced stuff.

Edit: Definitely will end up being one my favorite albums of 2012 as well.


I am very happy to see that you are enjoying it, finding them by accident has been the highlight of my week. I am ordering their album and maybe a t-shirt tonight.


Show nested quote +
On March 13 2012 21:33 Wegandi wrote:
Not too much a fan of the more known DM bands, but I must say I do enjoy a lot of Chuck's work. I've always been more of a Black Metal / Ambient + Symphonic BM / old school MDM type of guy.

As far as DM and its off-shoots goes...can't go much wrong with Quo Vadis and early Dark Tranquillity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVaFkN153E&feature=related

I'll always maintain that BM bands have more musicianship talent (composition, technical, etc.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_zxYuTHz7g

[image loading]


Death growls are ok, but BM vox are where it is at :p


You should try to listen to some real DM, there is a lot of good stuff out there.


I have listened to 'real' DM. Not a fan really.

I mean...compare Immolation to Limbonic Art.



Being a pianist/keyboard player I find DM to be lacking a lot. I do like some of the off-shoots though like MDM and TDM.

Thank you bureaucrats for all your hard work, your commitment to public service and public good is essential to the lives of so many. Also, for Pete's sake can we please get some gun control already, no need for hand guns and assault rifles for the public
Dyssa
Profile Joined May 2011
32 Posts
March 13 2012 16:49 GMT
#399
Hi guys - just saw the thread get bumped, so I thought I'd share two things, which does not seem to be here.

First, this documentary on heavy metal comes highly recommended, even though it isn't about death metal exclusively - however, its pretty awesome! Its called Metal: A Headbangers Journey ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478209/ )

Second, the heaviest three-piece death metal I know - and they just released their second album. Enjoy!
+ Show Spoiler +


Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
March 13 2012 16:53 GMT
#400
Limbonic Art is just pure cheese. I listen to A LOT of both DM and BM but that is one band I just never could get into. For me "symphonic" black metal starts and ends with Emperor. Comparing metal gods like Immolation to LA is a bit strange to me. Now Enslaved, that's another story.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings176
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 203
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 222
Terrorterran 19
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
Doublelift5782
JimRising 750
Counter-Strike
taco 282
minikerr53
Other Games
summit1g12017
C9.Mang0414
PiLiPiLi10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP185
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 27m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 27m
Replay Cast
20h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.