• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:38
CEST 10:38
KST 17:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7210 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXVII - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 78 Next
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 19 2012 21:21 GMT
#381
Holy mother of God, now I can't go to sleep for at least an hour. I like the interesting developments though.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 21:23 GMT
#382
wait sharrant is claiming mason?? where did that happen?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 21:24 GMT
#383
Ahh I get it he wanted him to roleclaim mason.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
KillingTime
Profile Joined August 2012
France101 Posts
September 19 2012 21:25 GMT
#384
Ok I only skimmed the last page and managed to miss that roleclaim bfore my last post. Obvious follow up question to Sharrant then -I assume you discussed this roleclaim idea with your mason partner? why did your partner not tell you to drop this dumb roleclaim idea and explain to you how the game worked, or did you confuse them too?
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 19 2012 21:29 GMT
#385
I am leaving in 10 minutes but I better clear this up. (in relation to my previous post) in other words I am kinda using negitive elimination with my voting here cubu while usless has no evidence against him, and is an easy target for scum to switch too with no retrubution, killing I don't think is as scum as anyother lurker.(infact slightly less) Sharrant also claimed very late considering how many people said they wouldn't be here. (More likely to be a scum move not giving people time to think)

Also just noticed killings post, I think I know the answer to that but I shouldn't say just incase.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 21:30 GMT
#386
@killing I understand it as sharrant is not roleclaiming. He was trying to get debears to roleclaim mason. I think that's it.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
September 19 2012 21:31 GMT
#387
No, Kush, I am mason. I was trying to get debears to claim it so I would catch him and Thrawn lying, but the fact that there can be multiple mason pairs made that a moot tell, and I dropped it as soon as I found that out.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 19 2012 21:32 GMT
#388
On September 20 2012 06:30 kushm4sta wrote:
@killing I understand it as sharrant is not roleclaiming. He was trying to get debears to roleclaim mason. I think that's it.


uh, no. he claimed mason, somewhere on page 19
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 19 2012 21:34 GMT
#389
Sharrant, the logical conclusion of that plan was that both you and your mason partner would have to roleclaim right?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
KillingTime
Profile Joined August 2012
France101 Posts
September 19 2012 21:35 GMT
#390
yeah he did claim, also - nvm Starrant about my question, I retract it. (because I worked out all the possible answers and none help town)
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 21:35 GMT
#391
So isn't this a roleclaim that we can't prove one way or another?
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
September 19 2012 21:35 GMT
#392
Yes. Ending up going 2 for 2 with mafia provided you claimed mason, and if you claimed VT, I would've moved back onto Killing, or found the next scummiest outside of you and debears.
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
September 19 2012 21:37 GMT
#393
It is provable. But I have to out my partner to do so. And then you have to decide whether I'm stupid enough as mafia to end up outting another mafia to die with me, or whether I'm stupid enough as a mason to kill my fellow mason. At this point I am very close to calling him out though.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 19 2012 21:38 GMT
#394
I think this is probably the time to point out why I had some doubts about the Sharrant lynch.

After his wagon started, he responded to all accusations quickly and with long posts. First, it's really hard as scum to respond quickly and in detail to accusations, because it's so easy to slip up if you don't go back and think things through. Second, he does it without any obvious contradictions. The few contradictions can quite easily be explained by slightly weird phrasing or misunderstanding. Third, all his answers made logical sense. The only thing that left me confused was "the plan". I didn't figure it out for being what he now claims and I need to go back and think about this.

I realize this isn't a strong indications, but for me it provided some counter weight to the existing case.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 19 2012 21:40 GMT
#395
Mason pairs do not seem that valuable except to confirm each other town. So yeah if people don't change their mind about lynching you I would say definitely call out your partner.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
Atreides-
Profile Joined June 2009
United States103 Posts
September 19 2012 21:41 GMT
#396
Oh man, what an interesting situation. Some possible outcomes:

1) We decide to lynch Sharrant, he then outs the other mason. Pretty bad outcome as the mason will simply die.

2) Sharrant outs a mason, he confirms, and we lynch cubu or killing. At this point it's very unlikely for both Sharrant and his ally to be mafia, and more likely for both to be masons. Relatively strong outcome.

3) We lynch Sharrant without him revealing the mason. If he was bluffing and flips red, this is a huge win, but it's a stretch. If he flips mason, we're in trouble.

4) Sharrant doesn't reveal the mason and we lynch cubu or killing. This seems like rolling the dice, as we wouldn't have any idea if Sharrant is lying or not, and it's very possible for us to lynch a townie on top of that.

I'm leaning towards 2) as an option right now unless something changes.

From the description it sounds like masons come in pairs, and it'd be extremely unlikely for there to be more than 2 masons in any case. If I'm wrong on any of the game mechanics here please correct me.

I feel that both Killing and Stutters are slightly scummy/lurky but cubu sounds like a strong vote as well. I was hoping for him to post by now.

##unvote
##vote cubu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 19 2012 21:42 GMT
#397
On September 20 2012 06:08 Stutters695 wrote:

Just would like a clarification for future reference since the rules don't mention it one way or another; Are we allowed to vote no lynch?



Yes
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 19 2012 21:44 GMT
#398
On September 20 2012 06:25 KillingTime wrote:
Ok I only skimmed the last page and managed to miss that roleclaim bfore my last post. Obvious follow up question to Sharrant then -I assume you discussed this roleclaim idea with your mason partner? why did your partner not tell you to drop this dumb roleclaim idea and explain to you how the game worked, or did you confuse them too?


This is a good question. Sharrant's mason claim hinges on the fact that not only was he unaware of the rules, but also his mason partner. It just seems unlikely.

Respond to this, Sharrant.
Sharrant
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada543 Posts
September 19 2012 21:44 GMT
#399
Welp, I guess I may as well. It'll save him in the long run, if enough of you had believed me about being Mason without confirming him, you probably would have killed him for lurking anyways.

Actually, I've changed my mind about this. If I out him most likely only one of us dies tonight, a confirmed townie will survive, and best of all, it will possibly save a blue's life.

So here's the part where you guys either instantly decide I'm guilty by assosciation, or whether I just am the mason with the shittiest luck ever.

My mason buddy... is (drum roll please)... CUBU

The current post count in our QT is 10, 8 posts by me, 2 by Marvel! Hooray!
KillingTime
Profile Joined August 2012
France101 Posts
September 19 2012 21:49 GMT
#400
..... can't decide if you are seriously trolling us now or what. (btw I was pretty sure it was Atreides for obvious reasons.)
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 690
actioN 461
Mong 213
Dewaltoss 109
BeSt 99
Killer 82
sSak 67
Aegong 35
ZergMaN 32
Bale 32
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 26
sorry 19
yabsab 13
Noble 9
League of Legends
JimRising 470
Counter-Strike
byalli578
Other Games
summit1g9370
olofmeister951
Happy344
Sick184
crisheroes174
KnowMe92
Pyrionflax10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick667
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos907
• Stunt467
Other Games
• WagamamaTV38
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 23m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 23m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 23m
Replay Cast
14h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.