• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:46
CEST 02:46
KST 09:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10302 users

What does your name mean? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
iori_LT
Profile Joined May 2003
Lithuania675 Posts
April 01 2007 18:36 GMT
#21
iori - kof (king of fighters) character since kof 96 if i'm not mistaken...

btw if anyone of ya havent played the game u should... one of the best fighting series ever!
addicted to TL.net
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44368 Posts
April 01 2007 18:54 GMT
#22
Many many years ago I played a game on a website called kweeky.net. To sign up for it I needed an email address and when I made my first email address I had www.kweeky.net in the other window. When stuck for names I based it on that. Kweeky became Kwarky. Kwarky became Kwark.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
nysikto
Profile Joined March 2005
Norway337 Posts
April 01 2007 18:56 GMT
#23
saw sony on a cdcase i had. and reversed it Onys tok away the O and added some random letters to it. got lots of akas' like that KoreanLover , ArcticCraft , Tiseano
Hans-Titan
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Denmark1711 Posts
April 01 2007 19:02 GMT
#24
Hans - well that's my first name
Titan - I like the thought of me as a Titan. Also in HOMM3 nothing kicked ass as the Titans from the winter-castle thingy.
Trying is the first step towards failure, and hope is the first step towards disappointment!
Habib
Profile Joined March 2007
Finland4 Posts
April 01 2007 19:03 GMT
#25
my name is insult towards this one irish retard who used to spam on gg.net under finland flag/so i gave him back.thou havnt been teasin him for a long time but name still stays the same :D
habib make good kebab
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
April 01 2007 19:12 GMT
#26
Well, it's a perverted BluesMan, and perverted in a bad way.

Yes, I do like playing blues.

I have many other nicknames over the net, but currently I'm playing under NyRe ID on Bnet. NyRe doesnt mean anything, I just like the way it sounds and it's short.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
April 01 2007 19:57 GMT
#27
take a guess..
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
j0ehoe
Profile Joined September 2006
United States2705 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 21:21:48
April 01 2007 20:06 GMT
#28
its a nickname i had back in high school hahah. so is hawk. my other name i use ))(())(( was made back when i first startin playin sc with my friend. we used to play 2's a lot and wanted two similar names that no one else had. thus, )))(())(( and }}{{}}{{ were born
Only communists disconnect.
Lisk
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
Latvia376 Posts
April 01 2007 20:08 GMT
#29
short, cool, slick and zergish :O
Actually I don't remember.
bbz
Profile Joined September 2003
Sweden416 Posts
April 01 2007 20:17 GMT
#30
always thought your name had a double meaning.
5-hit-combo
SHITCOMBO
righthand
Profile Joined June 2006
Haiti163 Posts
April 01 2007 20:46 GMT
#31
my righthand
ButterCake
Profile Joined November 2005
Thailand192 Posts
April 01 2007 20:47 GMT
#32
Buttercake sold in 7-11, i just like to eat it.
when a time to create the account i really had no idea.

On April 02 2007 05:17 bbz wrote:
always thought your name had a double meaning.
5-hit-combo
SHITCOMBO

lol
Bockit
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sydney2287 Posts
April 01 2007 20:51 GMT
#33
On April 02 2007 02:33 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Not your real name, but your TL.net name or your Battle.net name. Where did it come from, how did you pick it, what does it mean, anything else about it you can think of - basically, the history of your name. Please limit to one Bnet name and one TL.net name - we don't want a page long explanation of twenty akas.

5HITCOMBO is actually my second account - the first one got banned. I got the name from watching some people I knew play that DBZ Budokai game where it counts off the hits in your combo - 1 HIT! 2 HIT! 3 HIT!... and eventually, after watching a bit, I noticed that they didn't put much room between the 5 and the "HIT!"... so it looked like "5HIT!", which I thought was hilarious. Thus, 5HITCOMBO was born.

ON_FIER came from NBA Jam, where if you made a bunch of baskets in a row without the other team scoring, the announcer guy would be like "HE'S ONNNN FIIIRREEE" and you would literally catch fire and get unlimited turbo. I laughed whenever I heard the phrase when I was a kid, and decided to internet it... and ON_FIER has been my aka since.

[edit] Don't forget to tell us what your name is on Bnet if it's not the same. [/edit]


Haha.. I never noticed the 5-HIT-COMBO, always read it as SHITCOMBO.

Mine is a longish story, but to cut it short. Science video, funny accent, Bucket.
Their are four errors in this sentance.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 01 2007 20:51 GMT
#34
Tree/plant tissue.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
April 01 2007 20:54 GMT
#35
Definitely never made a connection between rekrul and lurker .

Back in 2002 my email account got haxored and i needed a new account name. I had been watching Monty Python on and the Holy Grail and kept quoting it obnoxiously at inopportune moments (ie the middle of class). "I fart in your general direction Arthur King, you and your kennigits"...anyways yeah it stuck and ive been using it ever since for every forum/group i join.
Detonate
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Iceland578 Posts
April 01 2007 20:57 GMT
#36
i always enjoyed irony, so seeing as I hate when things explode and it really startles me, i made the name detonate on here. On bnet I have the name inept, which I am really not. I also like one word names which contributes to it to, i couldnt stand having a name like detonate293 or inept102 that would annoy me too much. even clan tags on my name is annoying unless it kind of blends in with the name
inept @ west always up for TMM and 1vs1. TLT3 goGOgOG
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
April 01 2007 21:01 GMT
#37
Named after the band Massive Attack. Although I don't really listen to them, I like the name very much; it is also a less known band, so I thought it would be ok to use the name.
Battle net profile: minus_human. Inspired after song from Metallica; initially, I thought it had some strange or deep meaning to it, like "minus" for lack and "human" for humanity; lack of humanity, or something close to that, really inteligent and really expressive; BUT, I think it has no certain meaning, and I just like how it sounds
LySin
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States267 Posts
April 01 2007 21:02 GMT
#38
Well, i've been playing on teamliquid since 2003 and i've changed my name many times. but i think this should be the one i keep at last! i remember playing in Op Cal all the time but since i've changed my names so many times people didn't recognize me. yes, i do live in CA near hillsborough and burlingame.

anyways, the way i got this name was throwing my finger in the dictionary and choosing that name. some of you have said if i received it from a greek play? no.
‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮҉<3 sc2.org <3 Waxangel <3 Physician <3 MDT‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮҉
SteelString
Profile Joined July 2006
446 Posts
April 01 2007 21:07 GMT
#39
Uhh... I like guitars
TooS
Profile Joined November 2002
Poland113 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-04-01 21:10:23
April 01 2007 21:08 GMT
#40
I made mine TL.net name, when there were no reps, only strats written somewhere over the net ... I didn't have printer so i re-writed them on the paper, and instead of toss I always wrote toos [dunno why]... and so it began ... after that I added capital T and S and here I am this is also my name on almost all forums I am member of.

My reallife nickname is Lejs (pronounced like the Lays chips). It comes from my surname. Lehmann (spoken Leman [yeah like the keeper from Arsenal]). Some other day in my history class we got new teacher and I started arguing with her how to properly spell my name She thought it was Lejman (it sounds Layman) and I was Leman. After that my classmates started to call me Lejman, then Lejsman (Laysman) and finally it shortened to Lejs. But now, after few meetings with ppl from forums mentioned above, almost all of them call me TooS in real.

On b.net i use TooS or TiCaLLioN. The second is made from one of Method Mans nicks Ticalion Stallion. Little change and here it is. But now I prefer to use TooS.
When a man sacrifies love of power for the power of love, then will be peace on earth.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings57
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
ViBE149
SpeCial 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13969
Artosis 592
Shuttle 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
canceldota136
League of Legends
Doublelift4217
Counter-Strike
taco 139
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox350
AZ_Axe115
Other Games
summit1g6728
shahzam608
Day[9].tv593
C9.Mang0362
Maynarde154
Trikslyr69
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv593
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.