• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:07
CEST 23:07
KST 06:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12895 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LII - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 27 Next All
Valenius
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
February 20 2014 21:32 GMT
#341
On February 21 2014 06:28 Amiko wrote:
Particularly so when Valenius voted for him day 2.


Quick correction: I haven't voted for Beneather. My vote is on n1k0. I listed Beneather as one of my softer mafia reads.
Valenius
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
February 20 2014 21:45 GMT
#342
theDragoon, i'm still looking for an answer to this earlier question:

theDragoon, do you believe your vote on me is better than a majority vote on n1k0? If this theory is correct, solidarity between town votes is needed.



OnceKing, LordTolkien: You've both been the most vocal throughout this game so far, yet you've been very quiet for the last half day. What's up? What are you reading on the current situations?
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
February 20 2014 21:52 GMT
#343
On February 21 2014 06:32 Valenius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2014 06:28 Amiko wrote:
Particularly so when Valenius voted for him day 2.


Quick correction: I haven't voted for Beneather. My vote is on n1k0. I listed Beneather as one of my softer mafia reads.


You're right, sorry about that. Also I think you must read much faster than me :o

--
My last post was basically going to end that I conclude it's best to vote on n1k0, but I saw Beneather posted so wanted to see if I could pull anything from it. I don't, really. Beneather's post doesn't do much to change what I typed except (to me) it makes it less likely he is idle town. I don't find his post above does much of anything for my reads for or against him.

On February 21 2014 05:18 N1k0 wrote:
Right now i'm the likely candidate to be lynched, what do you guys think each possible flip means?


I think this is a good question, but I think I should not respond until just before night 2. I am going to certainly going to try to look at vote & flips during night2, but I think your flip will have more of a bearing on who I see as town or scum tomorrow and I don't want to point to that part of the analysis just yet.
(If I forget someone please poke me to remind me to post those thoughts during n2)

Based on the above post and thoughts now, my preference for today's lynch is n1k0, then beneather. I will be back before the votes and probably here as the clock ticks down.

##Vote: n1k0
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
February 20 2014 22:24 GMT
#344
Busy day cant respond until 1-2 hrs b4 vote ends
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
February 20 2014 23:02 GMT
#345
Oh I forgot...

##Vote n1k0
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
theDragoon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada307 Posts
February 20 2014 23:12 GMT
#346
On February 21 2014 06:45 Valenius wrote:
theDragoon, i'm still looking for an answer to this earlier question:

Show nested quote +
theDragoon, do you believe your vote on me is better than a majority vote on n1k0? If this theory is correct, solidarity between town votes is needed.



OnceKing, LordTolkien: You've both been the most vocal throughout this game so far, yet you've been very quiet for the last half day. What's up? What are you reading on the current situations?


I cast my vote on you before I read OnceKing's case on n1k0 and at the time you were far and away the scummiest person remaining. Right now based on what others have said about N1k0 (mainly OK's post) I have both of you as my top scum reads. To answer your question, I am willing to change my vote to n1k0 to have a majority vote on him.

N1k0
Profile Joined June 2011
Uruguay1075 Posts
February 20 2014 23:19 GMT
#347
I assume im getting lynched today so ill post the only read i have which is given valenious recent activity i believe beneather to be the scummiest looking one left(assuming im dead)
##vote beneather
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
February 20 2014 23:22 GMT
#348
lol what situation
the situation is that n1k0 is getting lynched, there's not a whole lot of stuff to say about it (yet). He isn't even bothering to deny it.

As for your scenarios I really think you're overly concerned about this -- let's just kill the scum
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
February 21 2014 01:55 GMT
#349
On February 20 2014 16:09 Valenius wrote:
Secondly, yes the double lynch situation put forward of lynching yourself, but only if we lynch onceking in the following day.

It's a gambit I was willing to take at the time. If I turned up red, there is no reason for you to lynch him: if I turn up green, there's still no need for you to actually follow through on it, no one actually agreed to it.

The trade is only bad if there are 3 mafia: if there are only 2 mafia and my read was correct, the exchange is incredibly good.

Even if there were 3 mafia, it's still 2 mislynches and we lose. As we were likely going to mislynch anyways Day 1, It would've been worth it. As is, the proposal was still useful despite it's non-use for me to gauge other players and their reactions (despite my wavering as the game progressed).


I'm not commenting on anything hypothetical about mafia numbers until after the flip, and any speculation right now is silly. If there are 3 mafia and a green flip, they win. If it's a green flip and they don't win, we have 2 mafia. If red flip, either 1 mafia (most likely) or 2. No use talking about it. The flip will determine the course of the game and how the effective endgame will play out.


Depending on the flip, the vigi (if we have one) should shoot tonight or tomorrow night 100%. If green, and we don't lose (we most likely won't lose), I would shoot their scummiest read tonight. 50% chance of hitting scum, skewed by reads. If red, up to you.


On February 21 2014 05:54 Beneather wrote:You say that you have a strong read on Cavalinho being town but you keep your vote on Robik instead of trying to save the obvious town Cavalinho. It still doesn't make sense to me( I think someone brought this up but whatever).

His post that he went to sleep makes sense, given timezone and vote distribution at the time, despite the errors in his defense. The reasoning clears.

On Tolkien his read is very town to me and I would be shocked if he was scum. He has been the most active and his posts have a lot of content in them.

Why?

Your reads on everyone else? I asked for that last time and you didn't provide.

I'm honestly on the fence about whom I feel is scummiest, but given N1K0 has given basically no defense for himself, I can't even in good conscience change it.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
February 21 2014 02:01 GMT
#350
final note of the day
N1K0, if you're green, STOP WHY DIDN'T YOU DEFEND YOURSELF FFSSSSSSSS~

if red, no comment
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
February 21 2014 02:42 GMT
#351
I'm around-
I just want to note (again) I would like to encourage analysis in the night phase if we are still going, but if people would prefer it waits until day that is okay with me.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-21 03:01:26
February 21 2014 03:00 GMT
#352
Day Two Final Vote Count



Valenius: (1) theDragoon

N1K0: (5) Valenius, OnceKing, Lord Tolkien, Amiko, Beneather

Beneather: (1) N1K0

At this point N1K0 has been lynched
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
February 21 2014 03:01 GMT
#353

Night Two



N1k0 the mafia goon has been lynched.

Night actions are due in
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
February 21 2014 03:09 GMT
#354
gottem coach
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
February 21 2014 03:25 GMT
#355
n1k0? more like d2k2! (day 2 kill 2)

I think this flip gives us some good info.

For the moment these are the questions I am thinking about. We can talk about them d2 if you guys prefer (or maybe put it in a last minute nightpost).

(1) Is there any reason why n1k0 didn't try claiming a town role to try to save himself?
(2) Do you think it is more likely mafia joined the vote on n1k0 (all but theDragoon) or voted Valenius (theDragoon)
(3) How good does this feel (spoiler: really good)
theDragoon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada307 Posts
February 21 2014 03:49 GMT
#356
This feels so good, my last mafia game we had no successful lynches so it puts a huge smile on my face seeing that red text show up. OnceKing you are the MVP for this one.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
February 21 2014 05:48 GMT
#357
On February 21 2014 12:25 Amiko wrote:
n1k0? more like d2k2! (day 2 kill 2)

I think this flip gives us some good info.

For the moment these are the questions I am thinking about. We can talk about them d2 if you guys prefer (or maybe put it in a last minute nightpost).

(1) Is there any reason why n1k0 didn't try claiming a town role to try to save himself?
(2) Do you think it is more likely mafia joined the vote on n1k0 (all but theDragoon) or voted Valenius (theDragoon)
(3) How good does this feel (spoiler: really good)

I would do so if you believe you are a potential mafia target.

I'll try and do so this night (almost did it last night, but didn't feel it was necessary given probable mafia kills), but we'll see.

I'd need to think about 1) and 2) after sleep.

3)
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
February 21 2014 05:48 GMT
#358
that good
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
OnceKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States939 Posts
February 21 2014 06:30 GMT
#359
1) My guess is that he knew he was pretty much fucked. This is tied into the answer to question #2 which I'll expand upon next. His goal once he knew he was caught was probably just to say a bunch of stuff and throw suspicion into random directions since he was going to be lynched (for example his vote on Beneather is completely WIFOM and doesn't mean anything and so doesn't really bear discussing)
2) I think the mafia bussed him. Of course there's no way to know this but I'm reminded of this: XXXVIII Boot Camp/Analysis. Here's what Ver said on the topic:
So as soon as we hit red, that was one mafia down. Obviously that had an enormous effect on the game, because there was not one single lynch where the mafia team mobilized their forces to take us on in the thread and in the voting booth at once. Instead every single time they hurriedly stepped to the side and said 'please, go right ahead and kill my buddy good sir.' Pretty awesome right?


Looking forward I think my top suspects/people I'm looking at hardest will be inactives (obviously) and people who were very hesitant or reluctant to vote for N1k0 who (imo) had a pretty clear cut case against him. My strongest town read is LT (hilarious how I would never have said this day 1) with the way he's been posting since he's being forward and making a lot of sense.
"Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got."
Valenius
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
February 21 2014 07:45 GMT
#360
Not going to post many thoughts throughout the night, but my reads are detailed reasonably well in my last few posts.

Feels good to lower mafia to one. I dont believe theres any possibility of 3, theyd have played out the theory I posted.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O157
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17444
Calm 1999
Shuttle 330
White-Ra 231
Mini 181
ZZZero.O 157
firebathero 74
soO 12
Sacsri 4
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1521
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5198
Liquid`Hasu76
Other Games
summit1g7284
FrodaN2233
Liquid`RaSZi2224
fl0m1305
crisheroes300
Pyrionflax211
Livibee199
IndyStarCraft 197
ToD156
Mew2King59
C9.Mang03
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick960
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft 2
angryscii 25
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 26
• musti20045 11
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki42
• blackmanpl 32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1396
• Shiphtur688
• WagamamaTV331
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 53m
Replay Cast
1h 53m
OSC
14h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.