• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:09
CEST 20:09
KST 03:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9505 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 179

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 177 178 179 180 181 244 Next
LunarC
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1186 Posts
June 25 2012 09:31 GMT
#3561
Hi all. I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD598s which I use for general use as well as listening sessions. The sound is very clear but neutral, so I think I might want to get my hands on something with a bit more color and bass around a similar price range. What do you all recommend? Full-size, open or closed doesn't matter.
REEBUH!!!
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
June 25 2012 11:18 GMT
#3562
On June 25 2012 18:31 LunarC wrote:
Hi all. I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD598s which I use for general use as well as listening sessions. The sound is very clear but neutral, so I think I might want to get my hands on something with a bit more color and bass around a similar price range. What do you all recommend? Full-size, open or closed doesn't matter.


If you don't want to purchase an amp, Denon AH-D2000. You can find some Open Box Like New condition for around 200 dollars.

BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
June 25 2012 12:54 GMT
#3563
I need some good suggestions for sound proof headphones, my brother blasts or at a high volume plays music quite next to me
Anyone can recommend me any sound proof headphones or methods to decrease or even demolish the sounds from coming into my ears hearing his shit?

I need a quick stable reply, I am blasting music 2x louder which sinks it and that is going to defen me soon I believe lol =.=

At a cheap or average budget
I don't want to spend 100's... of £$ or whatever xd
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
June 25 2012 13:51 GMT
#3564
I need a fast reply hereeeeee
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
YoungModerN
Profile Joined April 2009
Brazil389 Posts
June 25 2012 14:11 GMT
#3565
Hello folks,

I´m looking forward to get the M50´s, and do they need an amplifier or with my iTouch they can perform well?

Thx
Fus
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1112 Posts
June 25 2012 14:16 GMT
#3566
Steelseries v2 siberia such a comfortable headset
NaNiwa | Innovation | Flash | DeMuslim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
June 25 2012 15:16 GMT
#3567

I need some good suggestions for sound proof headphones, my brother blasts or at a high volume plays music quite next to me
Anyone can recommend me any sound proof headphones or methods to decrease or even demolish the sounds from coming into my ears hearing his shit?

I need a quick stable reply, I am blasting music 2x louder which sinks it and that is going to defen me soon I believe lol =.=

At a cheap or average budget
I don't want to spend 100's... of £$ or whatever xd
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Makavillin
Profile Joined March 2011
113 Posts
June 25 2012 21:43 GMT
#3568
http://www.focal.com/en/headphones/nomad/spirit-one.php

Anyone try these? Build quality is very high and they sound great. Tested them today. Might buy.
Imbattable
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany85 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-25 22:18:02
June 25 2012 22:14 GMT
#3569
On June 26 2012 00:16 BlueMooon wrote:

I need some good suggestions for sound proof headphones, my brother blasts or at a high volume plays music quite next to me
Anyone can recommend me any sound proof headphones or methods to decrease or even demolish the sounds from coming into my ears hearing his shit?

I need a quick stable reply, I am blasting music 2x louder which sinks it and that is going to defen me soon I believe lol =.=

At a cheap or average budget
I don't want to spend 100's... of £$ or whatever xd

Superlux HD-669 together with the AKG pads for added comfort are quite good for their price, at least concerning isolation. Got them at work and I really dont hear my colleagues (and they can be quite loud) when I have a little music on.

There is always better stuff and I dont know the market in UK. But please, for the love of whatever deity you believe in, stop spamming please!

EDIT: Sniped me some AKG 601 for half their new price on ebay, the old model that is still made in Austria. Looking forward to them!
Soulstice
Profile Joined December 2011
United States288 Posts
June 25 2012 22:20 GMT
#3570
On June 26 2012 00:16 BlueMooon wrote:

I need some good suggestions for sound proof headphones, my brother blasts or at a high volume plays music quite next to me
Anyone can recommend me any sound proof headphones or methods to decrease or even demolish the sounds from coming into my ears hearing his shit?

I need a quick stable reply, I am blasting music 2x louder which sinks it and that is going to defen me soon I believe lol =.=

At a cheap or average budget
I don't want to spend 100's... of £$ or whatever xd

I would recommend Shure 840's, with very nice mids, great highs and decent bass I feel that these are the most slept on head phones sub $250. I payed $130 for them new on ebay, they are $155 on amazon.
Living the liefe
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
June 25 2012 22:29 GMT
#3571
That's too much
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Imbattable
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany85 Posts
June 25 2012 22:32 GMT
#3572
On June 26 2012 07:29 BlueMooon wrote:
That's too much

Then maybe give us some numbers to work with instead of useless ramblings. You make it pretty hard to care enough to help you.
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
June 25 2012 22:34 GMT
#3573
On June 26 2012 07:29 BlueMooon wrote:
That's too much


If you didn't read your thread that got closed yesterday and decided to not read jack shit on anything helpful from the thread, i'll just repeat it again. You're not gonna get really good noise isolation unless you're gonna blow more than ninety USD(approx 57 pounds or 72 euros). You're just not going to.
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
June 25 2012 22:40 GMT
#3574
But $155 is not approx £57 is it
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Soulstice
Profile Joined December 2011
United States288 Posts
June 26 2012 00:00 GMT
#3575
On June 26 2012 07:40 BlueMooon wrote:
But $155 is not approx £57 is it

All you said is that you don't want to pay hundreds. That is not hundreds.
Living the liefe
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
June 26 2012 00:08 GMT
#3576
zzzzzz

User was warned for this post
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
BlueMooon
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom35 Posts
June 26 2012 00:44 GMT
#3577
I need more help pls

User was temp banned for this post.
"A goal without a plan is just a wish"
Makavillin
Profile Joined March 2011
113 Posts
June 26 2012 03:01 GMT
#3578
God, I've been thinking about headphones for a year now and still can't pull the trigger. $250-$350 is all I want to spend. Closer to $300 would be nice. I'm thinking about the HD558 or ADH2000. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT? I think I'm leaning more towards the 558 as it seems like overall they're very well balanced. My main concern is build quality. I keep reading about them cracking early on. My main source would either be iPod, iPad, Onkyo receiver or PC. Someone just pull the trigger for me please.If you have a better choice other than these two at this price range please recommend something. Thanks!
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
June 26 2012 03:07 GMT
#3579
Why do gamers prefer overear (circumaural variety)? I've been thinking about investing in some headphones, but I can't shake the feeling that I should just get a solid pair of IEMS for portability/ease of use/etc. Thoughts?
uriel-
Profile Joined August 2007
Singapore1867 Posts
June 26 2012 04:24 GMT
#3580
On June 26 2012 12:07 Seiferz wrote:
Why do gamers prefer overear (circumaural variety)? I've been thinking about investing in some headphones, but I can't shake the feeling that I should just get a solid pair of IEMS for portability/ease of use/etc. Thoughts?



Full-sized headphones tend to have better soundstaging and imaging capabilities, which come into play when you need to hear directional cues in games such as FPSes. There may also be comfort issues as not all people are comfortable with the insertion of IEMs. The much celebrated AD700 are highly recommended for gaming purposes due to them being extremely comfortable as well as having a good soundstage, for example. That said, there's nothing wrong with using IEMs.
Prev 1 177 178 179 180 181 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 788
IntoTheiNu 567
SteadfastSC486
Rex91
CosmosSc2 61
EnkiAlexander 56
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 152
Rex 91
CosmosSc2 61
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason37
PtitDrogo 37
MindelVK 15
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36143
Mini 433
BeSt 325
Soulkey 275
Rush 158
Dewaltoss 113
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 45
Killer 29
Trap 27
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
sorry 20
Shine 19
Dota 2
Dendi984
qojqva944
Counter-Strike
fl0m1101
Fnx 735
shoxiejesuss16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2504
Khaldor1738
Liquid`Hasu559
Other Games
Grubby3458
ArmadaUGS1663
B2W.Neo589
ceh9588
byalli455
KnowMe155
C9.Mang0123
QueenE93
Chillindude51
Trikslyr38
Railgan21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 9
• Reevou 1
• intothetv
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix16
• blackmanpl 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3998
League of Legends
• TFBlade1049
Other Games
• imaqtpie977
• Scarra319
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 51m
OSC
18h 51m
Stellar Fest
18h 51m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.