• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:15
CEST 20:15
KST 03:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8607 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 164

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
October 25 2010 04:55 GMT
#3261
If a rando poster like me made a post like that I would rightfully expect to be banned. But Idra's banshield should grant him some liberties... Overthrow the tyranny!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
October 25 2010 04:59 GMT
#3262
On October 25 2010 11:19 H wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Let's hear your explanation as to how cracking a joke is gonna "defuse" a situation where attempted rape occurred. Could you be any more insensitive?


I'm sure IdrA was referring to the disbanding of the clan, not the rape that occurred.
Kakera
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States419 Posts
October 25 2010 05:12 GMT
#3263
On October 25 2010 13:59 Whole wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 11:19 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Let's hear your explanation as to how cracking a joke is gonna "defuse" a situation where attempted rape occurred. Could you be any more insensitive?


I'm sure IdrA was referring to the disbanding of the clan, not the rape that occurred.


Hey peoples, the kid wasn't raped... Read the story then make judgements about it. He was inappropriately hugged and used as a lap pillow as well as attempted molestation but there was no rape. Try not to make it into something bigger than it was. Then again, maybe statutory rape? I'm not sure what the legal guidelines are for that. 2day ban, sure some disagree with it, but some also agree with it, throw those probabilities into the pool of moderators, i'm sure some disagree with the ban but like all good parents they have to stick together in order to appear cooperative.
eggs
Profile Joined August 2010
1011 Posts
October 25 2010 05:27 GMT
#3264
On October 25 2010 11:28 Coagulation wrote:
he didnt actually get raped did he?
Sounds like people are blowing this out of proportion

Some weirdo diddled his zipper.. Not exactly a tragedy i would lose sleep over if it happened to me.
maybe i missed something.


how did THIS one get by the watchful eye that caught "all-in"?
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-25 05:44:23
October 25 2010 05:42 GMT
#3265
On October 25 2010 11:19 H wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Let's hear your explanation as to how cracking a joke is gonna "defuse" a situation where attempted rape occurred. Could you be any more insensitive?


Looks like someone's not quite up to date on their George Carlin...

/somewhat related:
+ Show Spoiler +



Edit: spoilered it for profanity.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
VorcePA
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1102 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-25 08:11:15
October 25 2010 08:10 GMT
#3266
I saw this on XKCD today and, well, as I've heard before: "XKCD. Always relevant."

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


:p
Shitposting
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
October 25 2010 11:51 GMT
#3267
Man... can you use the uploader on tl... it totally cuts off the punchline
101TFP
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
420 Posts
October 25 2010 13:24 GMT
#3268
yea right, like idra gives a fuck if he is temp banned. seriously, who cares?

nobody ever said that tl mods are supposed to treat everyone equal. they can do what they want, and it is good that way.
People get what they get, this has nothing to do with what they deserve.
Oleksandr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States227 Posts
October 25 2010 13:48 GMT
#3269
On October 25 2010 22:24 101TFP wrote:
yea right, like idra gives a fuck if he is temp banned. seriously, who cares?

nobody ever said that tl mods are supposed to treat everyone equal. they can do what they want, and it is good that way.

Just like in Mother Russia.
Idra: good sir, you appear to be somewhat lacking in intelligence. please refrain from posting until this is remedied, since it renders your opinions slightly less than correct and has a tendency to irritate more informed forum-goers.
Wargizmo
Profile Joined March 2010
1237 Posts
October 25 2010 14:25 GMT
#3270
On October 25 2010 14:42 MangoTango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 11:19 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Let's hear your explanation as to how cracking a joke is gonna "defuse" a situation where attempted rape occurred. Could you be any more insensitive?


Looks like someone's not quite up to date on their George Carlin...

/somewhat related:
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcFryjunIjw


Edit: spoilered it for profanity.


I wouldn't have thought it possible for George Carlin to not be funny, but there it is.

Anyway I think there's a big difference between a stand up comedian making a rape joke and someone making that kind of joke in a discussion about someone being molested, even though that's not what Idra did.
CheeseGrater
Profile Joined August 2010
United States290 Posts
October 25 2010 21:09 GMT
#3271
On October 25 2010 12:00 Myles wrote:
Idra made a tasteless, low-content joke/insult in a very serious and very prominent thread. It wasn't a random news post in the general section where it would likely likely get overlooked. You can ask where the line is drawn between a serious and not-so-serious thread, but in the end it will always be a subjective call made by one of dozens of moderators who all have a slightly different opinion of what's acceptable and what's not.

Plus it's only a 2 day ban. And I'm pretty sure he's gotten away with enough in the past to make up for any extra severity he might have received here.


I am missing the tasteless, low-content joke/insult part. Hes just talking about how the disbanding of the clan will affect his ability to prepare for games against them... Since when is "all-in" a sexual term? Or am I missing something?
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
October 25 2010 21:12 GMT
#3272
On October 25 2010 20:51 meeple wrote:
Man... can you use the uploader on tl... it totally cuts off the punchline

But that only enhances the suspense!
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
October 25 2010 21:14 GMT
#3273
On October 26 2010 06:09 CheeseGrater wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 12:00 Myles wrote:
Idra made a tasteless, low-content joke/insult in a very serious and very prominent thread. It wasn't a random news post in the general section where it would likely likely get overlooked. You can ask where the line is drawn between a serious and not-so-serious thread, but in the end it will always be a subjective call made by one of dozens of moderators who all have a slightly different opinion of what's acceptable and what's not.

Plus it's only a 2 day ban. And I'm pretty sure he's gotten away with enough in the past to make up for any extra severity he might have received here.


I am missing the tasteless, low-content joke/insult part. Hes just talking about how the disbanding of the clan will affect his ability to prepare for games against them... Since when is "all-in" a sexual term? Or am I missing something?

Fear not, though the stupid are many.
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-26 00:11:44
October 26 2010 00:01 GMT
#3274
I don't think Idra was even trying to make a joke. He probably thinks his ban was extremely unjustified.

I want to break down the sentence.
damn
them all wearing the werra tag was a good way to know when you were gonna get allin'd


First of all, this sentence is past-tense. He makes a broad generalization about all the former members of werra, that they had a tendency to all-in (which isn't too far from the truth from what I've seen). It seems implied that this generalization will no longer apply to the former members.

But then apparently Plexa thought all-in was meant to refer to rape? That didn't even cross my mind the first time I read Idra's post. I don't even think Idra is capable of making such a joke. I've literally never, ever seen him attempt to post jokingly on teamliquid. If this were a joke it would have been in present-tense, since that would make more sense now that the attempted rape news is widely known.

So, Idra: If you're joking you gotta learn to actually make sense. If you were implying that werra members had a tendency to get raped via the "all-in" reference (which, like I said, seems highly implausible), you should have posted in present tense. i.e. "that werra tag sure is a good way to know you're gonna get allin'd" - this makes it more apparent that you're referring to the recent news rather than actual previous playing habits. Furthermore I think a clearer post would have been a lot less confusing to the mods, it's too bad that some people have sick minds but whatever, guess we'll find out what you meant tomorrow.

Although I have to say, it's entirely possible that he did mean it as a joke and I have a horribly inept sense of humor
good vibes only
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
October 26 2010 00:22 GMT
#3275
On October 26 2010 09:01 Meta wrote:
I don't think Idra was even trying to make a joke. He probably thinks his ban was extremely unjustified.

I want to break down the sentence.
Show nested quote +
damn
them all wearing the werra tag was a good way to know when you were gonna get allin'd


First of all, this sentence is past-tense. He makes a broad generalization about all the former members of werra, that they had a tendency to all-in (which isn't too far from the truth from what I've seen). It seems implied that this generalization will no longer apply to the former members.

But then apparently Plexa thought all-in was meant to refer to rape? That didn't even cross my mind the first time I read Idra's post. I don't even think Idra is capable of making such a joke. I've literally never, ever seen him attempt to post jokingly on teamliquid. If this were a joke it would have been in present-tense, since that would make more sense now that the attempted rape news is widely known.

So, Idra: If you're joking you gotta learn to actually make sense. If you were implying that werra members had a tendency to get raped via the "all-in" reference (which, like I said, seems highly implausible), you should have posted in present tense. i.e. "that werra tag sure is a good way to know you're gonna get allin'd" - this makes it more apparent that you're referring to the recent news rather than actual previous playing habits. Furthermore I think a clearer post would have been a lot less confusing to the mods, it's too bad that some people have sick minds but whatever, guess we'll find out what you meant tomorrow.

Although I have to say, it's entirely possible that he did mean it as a joke and I have a horribly inept sense of humor

I'm pretty sure he was just saying he liked being able to identify an all-in simply by seeing the werra tag, and if the team disbands he won't be able to do that anymore.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
Half
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2554 Posts
October 26 2010 00:35 GMT
#3276
I think its fucking hilarious because its so damn vague lol.
Too Busy to Troll!
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
October 26 2010 01:22 GMT
#3277
Yeah, I don't think Idra meant at all to make some kind of sexual innuendo, not sure if Plexa thought that was the case. Sounded to me like Idra was just making a joke about how often werra players use all-in strats. While it's a mild diss to the clan, I don't see it as anything ridiculously offensive. It's sad when a clan breaks up, but let's not get crazy here. Nobody died. Nobody's hurt, other than emotionally. And it's really just a good story about how a 15 year old kid had the gumption to out an older guy for trying to be a scumbag. We should applaud the kid's bravery and say good riddance to a clan master that doesn't deserve a leadership position (assuming the story is true).

The only thing that makes it an unhappy moment is the fact it happened to a minor. But we're not talking about an 8 year old girl here. At fifteen, I was already more than happy to take my junk out and show it to girls. It's a fucked up moment in Loverip's life, but it is far far away from being as traumatic as actual rape. Pretty sure a lot of people on TL have had a guy friend try to pants them before. This wasn't too much worse than that.

Sad that our poor Idra got banned for it
BrownBear
Profile Joined March 2010
United States6894 Posts
October 26 2010 01:26 GMT
#3278
Ahh well, he's used to it. I'm pretty sure advancing to the Ro16 took some of the sting out of this anyway.
SUNSFANNED
GenoZStriker
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-26 02:17:52
October 26 2010 02:16 GMT
#3279
On October 26 2010 09:22 BroOd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2010 09:01 Meta wrote:
I don't think Idra was even trying to make a joke. He probably thinks his ban was extremely unjustified.

I want to break down the sentence.
damn
them all wearing the werra tag was a good way to know when you were gonna get allin'd


First of all, this sentence is past-tense. He makes a broad generalization about all the former members of werra, that they had a tendency to all-in (which isn't too far from the truth from what I've seen). It seems implied that this generalization will no longer apply to the former members.

But then apparently Plexa thought all-in was meant to refer to rape? That didn't even cross my mind the first time I read Idra's post. I don't even think Idra is capable of making such a joke. I've literally never, ever seen him attempt to post jokingly on teamliquid. If this were a joke it would have been in present-tense, since that would make more sense now that the attempted rape news is widely known.

So, Idra: If you're joking you gotta learn to actually make sense. If you were implying that werra members had a tendency to get raped via the "all-in" reference (which, like I said, seems highly implausible), you should have posted in present tense. i.e. "that werra tag sure is a good way to know you're gonna get allin'd" - this makes it more apparent that you're referring to the recent news rather than actual previous playing habits. Furthermore I think a clearer post would have been a lot less confusing to the mods, it's too bad that some people have sick minds but whatever, guess we'll find out what you meant tomorrow.

Although I have to say, it's entirely possible that he did mean it as a joke and I have a horribly inept sense of humor

I'm pretty sure he was just saying he liked being able to identify an all-in simply by seeing the werra tag, and if the team disbands he won't be able to do that anymore.

This is kinda what he meant because WeRRa consist out of members from their former Warcraft 3 clan and Idra has said in the past that former WC3 players tend to play all-in a lot and them wearing the WeRRa tag was an easy way to expect it.
eSports Prodigy & Illuminati member.
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
October 26 2010 03:01 GMT
#3280
On October 26 2010 09:35 Half wrote:
I think its fucking hilarious because its so damn vague lol.

THIS. I immediately got the idea that it was because there was no way to see anymore if they were the non-macro type of player; but considering the climate of the thread, "all-in" can be very sexually connotative. And one can make a whole lot of inappropriate jokes based on that statement alone. That's my view on it. If I were in a banling's position, I'd give a 2 day just to stop all the jokes involving the term before they gain momentum.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 248
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 17
JuggernautJason12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25699
Mini 412
Hyuk 204
firebathero 174
ggaemo 136
Mong 47
Dewaltoss 41
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 25
Dota 2
Gorgc10275
febbydoto5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1364
crisheroes1153
Liquid`Hasu780
Other Games
Grubby3180
FrodaN2444
fl0m1042
Beastyqt761
KnowMe181
mouzStarbuck171
Livibee151
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King58
Trikslyr47
ToD33
Chillindude27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• StrangeGG 53
• Adnapsc2 19
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 7
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8433
• WagamamaTV247
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Shiphtur299
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 45m
INu's Battles
17h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.