• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:36
CEST 08:36
KST 15:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8949 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 163

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
gods_basement
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States305 Posts
October 24 2010 21:34 GMT
#3241
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
IdrA's ban seems ultra sketchy to me. There was nothing sexual to his post or extremely insulting. It was a fairly lighthearted joke that maaaaaybe wasn't in the best spot. But if now a ban can be handed out for a joke in a serious thread, whose is going to be the one determining "serious" threads that there can be no jokes in? Isn't the seriousness of a thread too subjective to start banning people for making jokes (especially ones that aren't malicious in any way)? I guess a mod warning will have to be put at the start of a thread that explicitly states: "NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"

I think there are levels we can all agree on that that are over the line (the one person calling the disabled sc2 kid a parasite, etc...), but I think this one was nowhere near the line.



its always how it begins, then, in the darkest of nights, suddenly

COMMUNISM!

also, a thread discussing a team member coming out being sexually abused by his coach seems *serious* enough.
(TT~TT)
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
October 24 2010 22:07 GMT
#3242
Eh... I don't think it was totally out of line for IdrA to say that... but joking around in the thread especially when it has rape connotations is pretty slimy. I see Plexa's reasoning for sure...
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
October 25 2010 01:35 GMT
#3243
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
October 25 2010 01:50 GMT
#3244
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
October 25 2010 01:54 GMT
#3245
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Why do you want to defuse it? this isn't a tense situation at work... its a sexual abuse case...
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-25 01:57:40
October 25 2010 01:57 GMT
#3246
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.

That doesn't apply to this situation. Catharsis is useful in a situation where someone is deeply affected by some type of loss, such as the passing of a family member. When a minister gives a tasteful but humor-filled eulogy, that's catharsis. Teens cracking rape jokes after pedophilic rape has occurred is not catharsis. It is not meant to heal any sense of hurt. It is simply an immature bid at getting a laugh.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
ColdLava
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Canada1673 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-25 02:00:47
October 25 2010 01:59 GMT
#3247
I don't usually say anything about these things because usually I don't feel it's my place to say anything but I didn't agree with that ban either.

He wasn't making light of the sexual abuse part, he was making a smart-ass comment related to the style of play that he sees a lot of the clan members doing, that frankly put, was pretty funny considering who was saying it.

Did anyone really interpret that having any sexual connotation on a starcraft forum? :S
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
October 25 2010 02:19 GMT
#3248
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Let's hear your explanation as to how cracking a joke is gonna "defuse" a situation where attempted rape occurred. Could you be any more insensitive?
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-25 02:24:24
October 25 2010 02:24 GMT
#3249
If IdrA gets banned for something as light as that, I will be keeping my eye on anything else that ISN'T deleted, there has been much worse. Even some of the pictures in the SFW thread are more offensive.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
October 25 2010 02:28 GMT
#3250
he didnt actually get raped did he?
Sounds like people are blowing this out of proportion

Some weirdo diddled his zipper.. Not exactly a tragedy i would lose sleep over if it happened to me.
maybe i missed something.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
October 25 2010 02:29 GMT
#3251
On October 25 2010 11:24 Fa1nT wrote:
If IdrA gets banned for something as light as that, I will be keeping my eye on anything else that ISN'T deleted, there has been much worse. Even some of the pictures in the SFW thread are more offensive.


You do that, internet soldier.
Moderator<:3-/-<
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 25 2010 02:33 GMT
#3252
On October 25 2010 11:29 IntoTheWow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 11:24 Fa1nT wrote:
If IdrA gets banned for something as light as that, I will be keeping my eye on anything else that ISN'T deleted, there has been much worse. Even some of the pictures in the SFW thread are more offensive.


You do that, internet soldier.


Happy Birthday!

Also, why can't well all just be friends, isn't this thread about funny bans? D:
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
fearus
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
China2164 Posts
October 25 2010 02:34 GMT
#3253
I disagree with the ban also, he was commenting on the disbanding of WeRRa, if WeRRa had disbanded due to other reasons he would have said the exact same thing.
bisu fanboy
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
October 25 2010 02:35 GMT
#3254
On October 25 2010 11:29 IntoTheWow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 11:24 Fa1nT wrote:
If IdrA gets banned for something as light as that, I will be keeping my eye on anything else that ISN'T deleted, there has been much worse. Even some of the pictures in the SFW thread are more offensive.


You do that, internet soldier.



man you guys better watch out now. Fa1nT has his eye on you.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
October 25 2010 02:40 GMT
#3255
On October 25 2010 11:28 Coagulation wrote:
he didnt actually get raped did he?
Sounds like people are blowing this out of proportion

Some weirdo diddled his zipper.. Not exactly a tragedy i would lose sleep over if it happened to me.
maybe i missed something.

Being taken advantage of sexually is one of the most traumatic experiences that a person can experience! The amount of humiliation and insecurity that results from that sort of experience isn't something that anyone who experiences it can just blow off. Remember that LoveRip immediately suspected that the team manager recruited him specifically for the purpose of taking advantage of him, despite the fact that he is, judging by the fact that he qualified for GSL, an excellent player. Those thoughts of insecurity on his part are common to cases like this. Furthermore, remember that another WeRRa member refrained from posting about similar allegations because he felt that it would lead to heckling at school. Those thoughts of humiliation are equally common to cases like this.

Whether or not actual physical rape occurred is irrelevant. Rape is not a hugely damaging event to the victim because the victim's arse hurts for a while. It is damaging because of the longterm psychological damage.

I hate to turn this thread about bans into a thread about rape, but your opinion is about as wrong as it gets.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
October 25 2010 02:41 GMT
#3256
On October 25 2010 11:19 H wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Let's hear your explanation as to how cracking a joke is gonna "defuse" a situation where attempted rape occurred. Could you be any more insensitive?

I didn't know that being insensitive is grounds to be banned.

Regardless, the comment was witty and I was amused by it, despite the shocking news. Does that mean I condone the event?

If I had thought of that comment, I might have even posted it myself. Oh no, I just committed a thoughtcrime. I hope I don't get banned too.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-25 03:03:51
October 25 2010 02:54 GMT
#3257
On October 25 2010 11:41 Gokey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 11:19 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Let's hear your explanation as to how cracking a joke is gonna "defuse" a situation where attempted rape occurred. Could you be any more insensitive?

I didn't know that being insensitive is grounds to be banned.

Regardless, the comment was witty and I was amused by it, despite the shocking news. Does that mean I condone the event?

If I had thought of that comment, I might have even posted it myself. Oh no, I just committed a thoughtcrime. I hope I don't get banned too.

I'm finding your continued use of condescending sarcasm amusing considering the fact that your posts are doing as bad of a job of stating a coherent case as I've ever seen.

For now, let's ignore the fact that your first post was trash, that it was refuted by three people at once, and that you made no attempt to defend it from said refutations. Instead, let's just focus on the post I'm currently quoting.

Being insensitive, in certain cases, is clearly grounds to be banned at Team Liquid. If someone comes onto TL making a thread detailing a traumatic event that happened in the past, saying "This was really hard to write etc etc", and the first reply is someone cracking a joke, the person who replied is headed to Disneyland. That's just common sense.

"Regardless, the comment was witty and I was amused by it, despite the shocking news. Does that mean I condone the event?" No one is saying that you condone the event, or that anyone is condoning an event. The question is whether you condone the comment.

"If I had thought of that comment, I might have even posted it myself. Oh no, I just committed a thoughtcrime. I hope I don't get banned too." This comment just reflects poorly on you, mostly because of the sarcastic tone and the use of the word "thoughtcrime," which has a lot of sticky connotations when discussing the administration of something.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-25 03:00:02
October 25 2010 02:55 GMT
#3258
On October 25 2010 11:40 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 11:28 Coagulation wrote:
he didnt actually get raped did he?
Sounds like people are blowing this out of proportion

Some weirdo diddled his zipper.. Not exactly a tragedy i would lose sleep over if it happened to me.
maybe i missed something.

Being taken advantage of sexually is one of the most traumatic experiences that a person can experience! The amount of humiliation and insecurity that results from that sort of experience isn't something that anyone who experiences it can just blow off. Remember that LoveRip immediately suspected that the team manager recruited him specifically for the purpose of taking advantage of him, despite the fact that he is, judging by the fact that he qualified for GSL, an excellent player. Those thoughts of insecurity on his part are common to cases like this. Furthermore, remember that another WeRRa member refrained from posting about similar allegations because he felt that it would lead to heckling at school. Those thoughts of humiliation are equally common to cases like this.

Whether or not actual physical rape occurred is irrelevant. Rape is not a hugely damaging event to the victim because the victim's arse hurts for a while. It is damaging because of the longterm psychological damage.

I hate to turn this thread about bans into a thread about rape, but your opinion is about as wrong as it gets.


ok. staying on topic!
Mods banned IDRA !!!
Down with bigbrother!
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-25 03:03:03
October 25 2010 03:00 GMT
#3259
Idra made a tasteless, low-content joke/insult in a very serious and very prominent thread. It wasn't a random news post in the general section where it would likely likely get overlooked. You can ask where the line is drawn between a serious and not-so-serious thread, but in the end it will always be a subjective call made by one of dozens of moderators who all have a slightly different opinion of what's acceptable and what's not.

Plus it's only a 2 day ban. And I'm pretty sure he's gotten away with enough in the past to make up for any extra severity he might have received here.
Moderator
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
October 25 2010 03:20 GMT
#3260
On October 25 2010 11:54 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2010 11:41 Gokey wrote:
On October 25 2010 11:19 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:50 Gokey wrote:
On October 25 2010 10:35 H wrote:
On October 25 2010 02:56 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
"NO HUMOR ALLOWED!"


Yeah, I want to be able to joke around in a thread about an employer attempting rape of a 16 year old kid too.

I mean really... there's a time and place.

Ever heard of catharsis by humor? Making light of a serious situation to defuse it?

Guess not.


Let's hear your explanation as to how cracking a joke is gonna "defuse" a situation where attempted rape occurred. Could you be any more insensitive?

I didn't know that being insensitive is grounds to be banned.

Regardless, the comment was witty and I was amused by it, despite the shocking news. Does that mean I condone the event?

If I had thought of that comment, I might have even posted it myself. Oh no, I just committed a thoughtcrime. I hope I don't get banned too.

I'm finding your continued use of condescending sarcasm amusing considering the fact that your posts are doing as bad of a job of stating a coherent case as I've ever seen.

For now, let's ignore the fact that your first post was trash, that it was refuted by three people at once, and that you made no attempt to defend it from said refutations. Instead, let's just focus on the post I'm currently quoting.

Being insensitive, in certain cases, is clearly grounds to be banned at Team Liquid. If someone comes onto TL making a thread detailing a traumatic event that happened in the past, saying "This was really hard to write etc etc", and the first reply is someone cracking a joke, that person's headed to Disneyland. That's just common sense.

"Regardless, the comment was witty and I was amused by it, despite the shocking news. Does that mean I condone the event?" No one is saying that you condone the event, or that anyone is condoning an event. The question is whether you condone the comment.

"If I had thought of that comment, I might have even posted it myself. Oh no, I just committed a thoughtcrime. I hope I don't get banned too." This comment just reflects poorly on you, mostly because of the sarcastic tone and the use of the word "thoughtcrime," which has a lot of sticky connotations when discussing the administration of something.

Well, I'm glad you're amused, although I think you're being pretty insensitive in saying I'm doing a bad job.

The "refutations" I didn't want to spend time replying to, because I thought it was obvious. If a person who was feeling bad about the news story saw a joke in the thread that gave him a chuckle, that itself is a form of catharsis for that reader.

Although I do think the post was in bad taste, I also appreciated the wittiness of it. If the comment was a straight up intentional trolling of the situation, then yes, I agree, the poster should be banned. But comedy in the face of tragedy is not something that should be censored. And when you censor a person's words, you censor that person's thoughts. Hence the last part of my post.
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 440
Hyuk 246
Leta 214
Hyun 95
Hm[arnc] 26
ZergMaN 14
Shinee 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 751
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g8620
WinterStarcraft526
ArmadaUGS75
Nina75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick773
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2317
League of Legends
• Rush1420
• Lourlo1077
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 24m
INu's Battles
5h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 24m
Replay Cast
16h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.