• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:15
CEST 20:15
KST 03:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8646 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 698 Next
MattyClutch
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States711 Posts
June 09 2011 19:10 GMT
#281
On May 27 2011 05:19 djcube wrote:
Far Cry and Far Cry 2 up for sale today. Would anyone recommend either of them? They're both $2.50 and $5 respectively.



Far Cry 1 is great. A very solid FPS. FC2 on the other hand is basically a driving sim :/
Nihn'kas Neehn
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
June 09 2011 20:23 GMT
#282
those fucking daily sales are going to make me a poor man!!!
Kevmeister @ Dota2
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
June 09 2011 20:43 GMT
#283
Uh oh, few weeks to summer sale if it's like last year... goddamnit I still have some games unfinished and while I have plenty of time these days it's a damn summer, beaches and stuff man.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
June 09 2011 20:46 GMT
#284
On June 10 2011 05:43 NeonFlare wrote:
Uh oh, few weeks to summer sale if it's like last year... goddamnit I still have some games unfinished and while I have plenty of time these days it's a damn summer, beaches and stuff man.

Hopefully we get some good stuff this time around. Even if I have about a dozen unfinished games on PC alone... x.x
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 09 2011 20:46 GMT
#285
I'm waiting for Bioshock series to go on a major sale D:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
LeBroom
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany67 Posts
June 09 2011 20:52 GMT
#286
On June 10 2011 05:23 FliedLice wrote:
those fucking daily sales are going to make me a poor man!!!


95% of these games on sale are bad or just not worth the money.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
June 09 2011 21:33 GMT
#287
On June 10 2011 04:10 MattyClutch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2011 05:19 djcube wrote:
Far Cry and Far Cry 2 up for sale today. Would anyone recommend either of them? They're both $2.50 and $5 respectively.



Far Cry 1 is great. A very solid FPS. FC2 on the other hand is basically a driving sim :/

FC1 was a truly great FPS game, and in its time it ran really well while looking great
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
June 09 2011 21:34 GMT
#288
On June 10 2011 05:46 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm waiting for Bioshock series to go on a major sale D:

I think that happened at Christmas? I bought Bioshock 1 for like $2.50 and Bioshock 2 was like $5 or something.. It was very low.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 09 2011 22:44 GMT
#289
On June 10 2011 06:34 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2011 05:46 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm waiting for Bioshock series to go on a major sale D:

I think that happened at Christmas? I bought Bioshock 1 for like $2.50 and Bioshock 2 was like $5 or something.. It was very low.


I wasn't sure of it until now D:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
June 09 2011 23:41 GMT
#290
So Civ IV hot or not? I'm possibly going to somewhere with crappy internet so wondering how it is for single player stuff and replay value. Metacritic seems to love it, but more opinions never hurts.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 09 2011 23:42 GMT
#291
Have you ever played a Civ series before? It's debated as the best of the Civ series.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
muse5187
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
1125 Posts
June 10 2011 01:19 GMT
#292
On June 10 2011 08:41 MoonfireSpam wrote:
So Civ IV hot or not? I'm possibly going to somewhere with crappy internet so wondering how it is for single player stuff and replay value. Metacritic seems to love it, but more opinions never hurts.

The civ4 collection is a steal for $7.50. I bought a second copy for a friend. Very high replay value if you like Civ series.
Pete!
Profile Joined October 2010
56 Posts
June 10 2011 02:08 GMT
#293
I purchased Civilization 4 earlier today (and finished downloading it mere moments before my ISP had a local issue for several hours, as luck would have it) and thus far I'm feeling somewhat cautious about it.

Civilization 2 was one of my first PC games and still among my favourites today. The only other Civ I've played - Alpha Centauri notwithstanding - is Civilization: Revolutions on the DS which was, well... a DS game, hence you have the choice of repeatedly pressing the A button to win, or using the stylus to win a little faster.

After a few hours of play, my experience with Civ 2 is more than enough to be able to play the game with moderate ease, discounting altered technology paths and such, yet I haven't particularly enjoyed it up until this point. It may be my unfamiliarity with the interface, or possibly even my impatience at my internet connection being down while I was playing it, but the game in general has felt somewhat slow and unnecessarily 'clunky' to me, despite my having toggled various settings to help skip the plethora of needless animations and interface transitions.

If I were to try and define it more succinctly, it feels like I spend more time waiting for the game to process my actions rather than the game waiting for me to input said actions, which hasn't felt like the case in past TBS games I've played.

With all of this said, none of the games in the Civilization series merit a rigid evaluation based on so little playing time and while my experience and taste in videogames may both fall in a particular minority, I wouldn't pledge much on the chances of me not learning to enjoy Civ 4 more.

The conclusion I suppose, as with most Steam sales, is that oneself knows best whether or not Civ 4 (or any game) is worth purchasing if the reviews aren't unanimously situated at either extreme of the spectrum. I don't feel like I made a bad purchase, but I'll still likely spend more time playing Civ 2 than Civ 4 during the rest of 2011, save this coming weekend. I hope this isn't the case, but Civ 4 needs to prove me wrong rather than myself prove the game right.

Serve with as much salt as you desire.
dj_bushido
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5 Posts
June 12 2011 05:47 GMT
#294
Are there any recommendations on Nimbus? Seems like an interesting concept, but I don't know if I want to save the $5 for something like BF3 or DoTA 2. Hey, I'm low on moneys.
Proverbs 21:31 - The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord.
muse5187
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
1125 Posts
June 16 2011 18:29 GMT
#295
I think I'm going to get one or both of this weekends indie packs. Anyone played any of these?
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/indieweekend
Jswizzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 18:35:30
June 16 2011 18:34 GMT
#296
On June 17 2011 03:29 muse5187 wrote:
I think I'm going to get one or both of this weekends indie packs. Anyone played any of these?
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/indieweekend

capsized has a demo don't know about the rest, it was just okay not great. If you want some good indies Jamestown and Frozen Synapse are some that I would be checking on for sales.
I always try to give a sensitive, reasoned answer. This is usually awkward, time consuming and pointless.
tjg92
Profile Joined March 2011
United States100 Posts
June 16 2011 19:17 GMT
#297
I want Terraria to go on sale. It's only 10 bucks but I would still rather pay 5 or so.
The Maze Blog: http://mazeblog-tjg92.blogspot.com
DerNebel
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark648 Posts
June 16 2011 19:28 GMT
#298
On June 10 2011 10:19 muse5187 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2011 08:41 MoonfireSpam wrote:
So Civ IV hot or not? I'm possibly going to somewhere with crappy internet so wondering how it is for single player stuff and replay value. Metacritic seems to love it, but more opinions never hurts.

The civ4 collection is a steal for $7.50. I bought a second copy for a friend. Very high replay value if you like Civ series.

It's not a steal man, its a major robbery. The Civ series are great in general and Civ4 is debatedly the best of the bunch. And it's a mature game by now, so it has a lot of awesome mods done, some of them even prepacked into the latest expo pack. It also has a living loving community over at civfanatics.com that hosts Game of the months and other such things.
GET IT GET IT GET IT!

... Unless you value your social life. It's like SimCity in that way. Or SC for that matter.
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
June 16 2011 19:34 GMT
#299
Bought Port Royale 2, played it years ago and it was very addictive. The game is simple but it can get very difficult to manage.

But then I found out it doesnt work with Windows 7 at all because of a DRM/copyright implemented by the developer. Have to configure a dual boot with XP... Bleh!
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
June 16 2011 21:10 GMT
#300
On June 17 2011 03:29 muse5187 wrote:
I think I'm going to get one or both of this weekends indie packs. Anyone played any of these?
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/indieweekend


Will probably pick up the first pack since that Atom Zombie Smasher game looked fun. I like Tower Defense games :0

Only game I've played out of the ten is zombie driver. It's a brainless run over zombies sort of game with a campaign and a couple of additional modes they added. One is survival and I never got around to trying out the second one they added which is some sort of racing. I wasn't overly impressed with it, but I enjoy the puzzle and strategy games more than the action type ones. It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't anything amazing either.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 248
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 17
JuggernautJason12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25699
Mini 412
Hyuk 204
firebathero 174
ggaemo 136
Mong 47
Dewaltoss 41
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 25
Dota 2
Gorgc10275
febbydoto5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1364
crisheroes1153
Liquid`Hasu780
Other Games
Grubby3180
FrodaN2444
fl0m1042
Beastyqt761
KnowMe181
mouzStarbuck171
Livibee151
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King58
Trikslyr47
ToD33
Chillindude27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• StrangeGG 53
• Adnapsc2 19
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 7
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8433
• WagamamaTV247
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Shiphtur299
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 45m
INu's Battles
17h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.