• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:50
CEST 06:50
KST 13:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10025 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Portal Edition - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 95 Next
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 16:35 GMT
#241
Anyways, I still want to lynch either Nisani or ghost.

I am loathe to give ghost a free pass for such atrocious reasoning, and then complete inactivity. He hasn't even attempted to explain himself, and I have trouble trying to conjecture a townie reasoning for it. My gut still says he is a VI-type role though, and it would make his play perfectly understandable.

Nisani on the otherhand, I can definitely believe is scum. His posts just reek of knowing my alignment beforehand.

##vote: Nisani201
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
October 01 2012 16:38 GMT
#242
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
October 01 2012 16:38 GMT
#243
and austin talk to me
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 16:43 GMT
#244
On October 02 2012 01:15 Mattchew wrote:
austin why arent you voting iamperfection with me?

Oh noes, I forgot.

##Vote: iamperfection

Sorry about that.

##Unvote

Why am I voting iamperfection over others? He, ghost, and nisani all seem in the same boat where they just dropped votes on someone for weak reasoning and left. Between them, we can't have the whole time, but I like finding a mafia in there.

iamperfection doesn't seem to care about anything other than ghost's vote

ghost doesn't seem to care about anything other than keirathi's early game effort and...HiroPro? While I agree that the hiro = town comment doesn't feel scummy, how is ghost as a scum player? Half of his posts are just questions to HiroPro and then ducking out. I don't see a scum agenda behind what he asked and what hero answered, it was just "what is happening/what are your reads," but I dislike that he only engages a single person in the thread.
On October 01 2012 04:26 ghost_403 wrote:
So, hiro, whatchoo think's going on in this here thread?
On October 01 2012 04:40 ghost_403 wrote:
Alright, Hiro, so who do you think we should be lynching today? So far, all you've done in this game is setup speculation (a big no-no), and what else?
On October 01 2012 04:46 ghost_403 wrote:
Hiro goes on my town list because no anti-town faction would be dumb enough to say that.

Still wanna lynch Keirathi.

Actually hadn't noticed the odd amount of hiro-only posts considering the size of his filter.

nisani hasn't done anything since Drazerk reacted to Keirathi's initial unvote. Actually...nisani reads the towniest of the three to me?
On October 01 2012 06:54 Nisani201 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
As a bonus answer, Nisani is the other person (besides ghost) that I am particularly interested in right now. I feel like him jumping in to defend me against Drazerk because I was a "newbie" was taking advantage of an easy situation.

I recently played a game on another forum where I was pushed hard throughout the entire game because I made a small "newbie mistake" at the beginning. This game seems very similar and I don't want us to make the same mistake.

Not sure what to think of ghost, I think it's pretty stupid for anyone to vote Kei. I'm also not sure why drazerk took his vote off kei, since it doesn't look like anything really changed his mind.

I also think that Mementoss's "analysis" post was really stupid. It was a bad case on austin and the other half was him calling people town. He's on my radar but I'm still more confident in Drazerk.

doesn't flip out when someone is looking at him. Gives some thoughts on other players, although they're tremendously small.

Seriously. That post, that tiny answer, is basically the towniest thing I find in any of those three filters. Why am I lynching iamperfection over the other two? I don't give ghost as many town points as you do for his hiro post, and I find his hiro fascination odd.


I'm more concerned with JH. I think you were right in noting that he de-lurked right after getting called out. But where you say he's explaining this thought process thoroughly, I disagree. I'm not sure I get the change between PTP3 and here, maybe I didn't read the early days of PTP3 close enough to see this, but I remember JH in PTP3 being standoffish and unwilling to do anything but push single players. Being passive certainly provides an alternative playstyle to that, but it's not actually...doing anything. It doesn't seem to actually be BETTER or anything than PTP3 JH, and I'd expect someone who was unhappy with a bad performance to want to follow it up with a good performance, which this isn't. This is just excuses for NO performance.
Fe fi fo fum.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 16:43 GMT
#245
On October 02 2012 01:38 Mattchew wrote:
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost

I already did.

On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 06:09 gonzaw wrote:
3)Do you think ghost acting like an idiot and wanting to lynch you for mind-boggling reasons makes him scum, reckless townie trying to play the "aggressive hero" role, or is not enough to judge his alignment?

This is the harder one. I honestly don't think that ghost is an idiot. He hosted two of my three newbie games, and definitely saw the amount of effort I put into Newbie XIX within the first 12 hours of replacing in, so theoretically he should know the way I play better than anyone else in this game (I've played in one game with about half of the players in this game). So why is he acting like that? Honestly, my first thought was Village Idiot, but I'm not sure if there's a VI-type role, and I think its pointless to speculate about it so I didn't mention it. I 100% think what he has said was anti-town, though.


His whole reasoning for voting me was because I "looked through filters. and townies don't put in that much effort early in day 1". Which is such bullshit reasoning, that I can't even fathom a motivation for making it outside of VI.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
October 01 2012 16:59 GMT
#246
On October 02 2012 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 01:15 Mattchew wrote:
austin why arent you voting iamperfection with me?

Oh noes, I forgot.

##Vote: iamperfection

Sorry about that.

##Unvote

Why am I voting iamperfection over others? He, ghost, and nisani all seem in the same boat where they just dropped votes on someone for weak reasoning and left. Between them, we can't have the whole time, but I like finding a mafia in there.

iamperfection doesn't seem to care about anything other than ghost's vote

ghost doesn't seem to care about anything other than keirathi's early game effort and...HiroPro? While I agree that the hiro = town comment doesn't feel scummy, how is ghost as a scum player? Half of his posts are just questions to HiroPro and then ducking out. I don't see a scum agenda behind what he asked and what hero answered, it was just "what is happening/what are your reads," but I dislike that he only engages a single person in the thread.
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 04:26 ghost_403 wrote:
So, hiro, whatchoo think's going on in this here thread?
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 04:40 ghost_403 wrote:
Alright, Hiro, so who do you think we should be lynching today? So far, all you've done in this game is setup speculation (a big no-no), and what else?
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 04:46 ghost_403 wrote:
Hiro goes on my town list because no anti-town faction would be dumb enough to say that.

Still wanna lynch Keirathi.

Actually hadn't noticed the odd amount of hiro-only posts considering the size of his filter.

nisani hasn't done anything since Drazerk reacted to Keirathi's initial unvote. Actually...nisani reads the towniest of the three to me?
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 06:54 Nisani201 wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
As a bonus answer, Nisani is the other person (besides ghost) that I am particularly interested in right now. I feel like him jumping in to defend me against Drazerk because I was a "newbie" was taking advantage of an easy situation.

I recently played a game on another forum where I was pushed hard throughout the entire game because I made a small "newbie mistake" at the beginning. This game seems very similar and I don't want us to make the same mistake.

Not sure what to think of ghost, I think it's pretty stupid for anyone to vote Kei. I'm also not sure why drazerk took his vote off kei, since it doesn't look like anything really changed his mind.

I also think that Mementoss's "analysis" post was really stupid. It was a bad case on austin and the other half was him calling people town. He's on my radar but I'm still more confident in Drazerk.

doesn't flip out when someone is looking at him. Gives some thoughts on other players, although they're tremendously small.

Seriously. That post, that tiny answer, is basically the towniest thing I find in any of those three filters. Why am I lynching iamperfection over the other two? I don't give ghost as many town points as you do for his hiro post, and I find his hiro fascination odd.


I'm more concerned with JH. I think you were right in noting that he de-lurked right after getting called out. But where you say he's explaining this thought process thoroughly, I disagree. I'm not sure I get the change between PTP3 and here, maybe I didn't read the early days of PTP3 close enough to see this, but I remember JH in PTP3 being standoffish and unwilling to do anything but push single players. Being passive certainly provides an alternative playstyle to that, but it's not actually...doing anything. It doesn't seem to actually be BETTER or anything than PTP3 JH, and I'd expect someone who was unhappy with a bad performance to want to follow it up with a good performance, which this isn't. This is just excuses for NO performance.

ghost has provided opinions confidently. Do you feel that he is hiding something or just doesnt care about adding in extended explainations?

Nisani is more of a meta read for me, but I see him play like this a decent amount

Iamperfection is purposefully ignoring the rest of the thread and is not trying to actually help town with anything useful or anything that resembles effort.

JH as i have said, is a lynch I would support but I would much rather lynch iamperfection
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
October 01 2012 16:59 GMT
#247
On October 02 2012 01:43 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 01:38 Mattchew wrote:
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost

I already did.

Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:09 gonzaw wrote:
3)Do you think ghost acting like an idiot and wanting to lynch you for mind-boggling reasons makes him scum, reckless townie trying to play the "aggressive hero" role, or is not enough to judge his alignment?

This is the harder one. I honestly don't think that ghost is an idiot. He hosted two of my three newbie games, and definitely saw the amount of effort I put into Newbie XIX within the first 12 hours of replacing in, so theoretically he should know the way I play better than anyone else in this game (I've played in one game with about half of the players in this game). So why is he acting like that? Honestly, my first thought was Village Idiot, but I'm not sure if there's a VI-type role, and I think its pointless to speculate about it so I didn't mention it. I 100% think what he has said was anti-town, though.


His whole reasoning for voting me was because I "looked through filters. and townies don't put in that much effort early in day 1". Which is such bullshit reasoning, that I can't even fathom a motivation for making it outside of VI.

if you dont think ghost is an idiot you should try to extract the actual meaning from his posts than to just take them at hastey face value.

He is saying, and I agree with, that your early "case" seemed forced and that you were faking putting in that much effort. You even agree with this when you admitted your case was bad and just meant for discussion.

do you have anything else or is your entire read based on failed reading comprehension?
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 17:06 GMT
#248
I'm noticing a trend. Both of the main people who want to lynch me are trying very hard to not be seen as the ones forcing the issue, and are basing it off of... not that much. That's Mattchew and Gonzaw, of course.

Amusingly, out of people who have talked to or about me, the one I'd be least suspicious of voting me also seems to be the one most inclined to actually wait for a good reason, and that's Keirathi.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 17:09 GMT
#249
On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 01:43 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:38 Mattchew wrote:
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost

I already did.

On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:09 gonzaw wrote:
3)Do you think ghost acting like an idiot and wanting to lynch you for mind-boggling reasons makes him scum, reckless townie trying to play the "aggressive hero" role, or is not enough to judge his alignment?

This is the harder one. I honestly don't think that ghost is an idiot. He hosted two of my three newbie games, and definitely saw the amount of effort I put into Newbie XIX within the first 12 hours of replacing in, so theoretically he should know the way I play better than anyone else in this game (I've played in one game with about half of the players in this game). So why is he acting like that? Honestly, my first thought was Village Idiot, but I'm not sure if there's a VI-type role, and I think its pointless to speculate about it so I didn't mention it. I 100% think what he has said was anti-town, though.


His whole reasoning for voting me was because I "looked through filters. and townies don't put in that much effort early in day 1". Which is such bullshit reasoning, that I can't even fathom a motivation for making it outside of VI.

if you dont think ghost is an idiot you should try to extract the actual meaning from his posts than to just take them at hastey face value.

He is saying, and I agree with, that your early "case" seemed forced and that you were faking putting in that much effort. You even agree with this when you admitted your case was bad and just meant for discussion.

do you have anything else or is your entire read based on failed reading comprehension?


ghost_403 wrote:
Looking through previous filters when there's been, what, twenty posts in this game? No, that's not something that townies do.

He didn't say I was faking putting in effort. He said that putting in that much effort early game is not something that a townie would do.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 17:12 GMT
#250
On October 02 2012 02:09 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:43 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:38 Mattchew wrote:
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost

I already did.

On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:09 gonzaw wrote:
3)Do you think ghost acting like an idiot and wanting to lynch you for mind-boggling reasons makes him scum, reckless townie trying to play the "aggressive hero" role, or is not enough to judge his alignment?

This is the harder one. I honestly don't think that ghost is an idiot. He hosted two of my three newbie games, and definitely saw the amount of effort I put into Newbie XIX within the first 12 hours of replacing in, so theoretically he should know the way I play better than anyone else in this game (I've played in one game with about half of the players in this game). So why is he acting like that? Honestly, my first thought was Village Idiot, but I'm not sure if there's a VI-type role, and I think its pointless to speculate about it so I didn't mention it. I 100% think what he has said was anti-town, though.


His whole reasoning for voting me was because I "looked through filters. and townies don't put in that much effort early in day 1". Which is such bullshit reasoning, that I can't even fathom a motivation for making it outside of VI.

if you dont think ghost is an idiot you should try to extract the actual meaning from his posts than to just take them at hastey face value.

He is saying, and I agree with, that your early "case" seemed forced and that you were faking putting in that much effort. You even agree with this when you admitted your case was bad and just meant for discussion.

do you have anything else or is your entire read based on failed reading comprehension?


Show nested quote +
ghost_403 wrote:
Looking through previous filters when there's been, what, twenty posts in this game? No, that's not something that townies do.

He didn't say I was faking putting in effort. He said that putting in that much effort early game is not something that a townie would do.

EBWOP: I guess he could have meant that he thought I was faking the effort and just making bullshit up. But that's demonstrably not the case.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 17:13 GMT
#251
On October 02 2012 02:12 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 02:09 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:43 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:38 Mattchew wrote:
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost

I already did.

On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:09 gonzaw wrote:
3)Do you think ghost acting like an idiot and wanting to lynch you for mind-boggling reasons makes him scum, reckless townie trying to play the "aggressive hero" role, or is not enough to judge his alignment?

This is the harder one. I honestly don't think that ghost is an idiot. He hosted two of my three newbie games, and definitely saw the amount of effort I put into Newbie XIX within the first 12 hours of replacing in, so theoretically he should know the way I play better than anyone else in this game (I've played in one game with about half of the players in this game). So why is he acting like that? Honestly, my first thought was Village Idiot, but I'm not sure if there's a VI-type role, and I think its pointless to speculate about it so I didn't mention it. I 100% think what he has said was anti-town, though.


His whole reasoning for voting me was because I "looked through filters. and townies don't put in that much effort early in day 1". Which is such bullshit reasoning, that I can't even fathom a motivation for making it outside of VI.

if you dont think ghost is an idiot you should try to extract the actual meaning from his posts than to just take them at hastey face value.

He is saying, and I agree with, that your early "case" seemed forced and that you were faking putting in that much effort. You even agree with this when you admitted your case was bad and just meant for discussion.

do you have anything else or is your entire read based on failed reading comprehension?


ghost_403 wrote:
Looking through previous filters when there's been, what, twenty posts in this game? No, that's not something that townies do.

He didn't say I was faking putting in effort. He said that putting in that much effort early game is not something that a townie would do.

EBWOP: I guess he could have meant that he thought I was faking the effort and just making bullshit up. But that's demonstrably not the case.


If you said "Not demonstrably", I could maybe agree. Saying "demonstrably not" is a bit harder to see.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 17:14 GMT
#252
On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:15 Mattchew wrote:
austin why arent you voting iamperfection with me?

Oh noes, I forgot.

##Vote: iamperfection

Sorry about that.

##Unvote

Why am I voting iamperfection over others? He, ghost, and nisani all seem in the same boat where they just dropped votes on someone for weak reasoning and left. Between them, we can't have the whole time, but I like finding a mafia in there.

iamperfection doesn't seem to care about anything other than ghost's vote

ghost doesn't seem to care about anything other than keirathi's early game effort and...HiroPro? While I agree that the hiro = town comment doesn't feel scummy, how is ghost as a scum player? Half of his posts are just questions to HiroPro and then ducking out. I don't see a scum agenda behind what he asked and what hero answered, it was just "what is happening/what are your reads," but I dislike that he only engages a single person in the thread.
On October 01 2012 04:26 ghost_403 wrote:
So, hiro, whatchoo think's going on in this here thread?
On October 01 2012 04:40 ghost_403 wrote:
Alright, Hiro, so who do you think we should be lynching today? So far, all you've done in this game is setup speculation (a big no-no), and what else?
On October 01 2012 04:46 ghost_403 wrote:
Hiro goes on my town list because no anti-town faction would be dumb enough to say that.

Still wanna lynch Keirathi.

Actually hadn't noticed the odd amount of hiro-only posts considering the size of his filter.

nisani hasn't done anything since Drazerk reacted to Keirathi's initial unvote. Actually...nisani reads the towniest of the three to me?
On October 01 2012 06:54 Nisani201 wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
As a bonus answer, Nisani is the other person (besides ghost) that I am particularly interested in right now. I feel like him jumping in to defend me against Drazerk because I was a "newbie" was taking advantage of an easy situation.

I recently played a game on another forum where I was pushed hard throughout the entire game because I made a small "newbie mistake" at the beginning. This game seems very similar and I don't want us to make the same mistake.

Not sure what to think of ghost, I think it's pretty stupid for anyone to vote Kei. I'm also not sure why drazerk took his vote off kei, since it doesn't look like anything really changed his mind.

I also think that Mementoss's "analysis" post was really stupid. It was a bad case on austin and the other half was him calling people town. He's on my radar but I'm still more confident in Drazerk.

doesn't flip out when someone is looking at him. Gives some thoughts on other players, although they're tremendously small.

Seriously. That post, that tiny answer, is basically the towniest thing I find in any of those three filters. Why am I lynching iamperfection over the other two? I don't give ghost as many town points as you do for his hiro post, and I find his hiro fascination odd.


I'm more concerned with JH. I think you were right in noting that he de-lurked right after getting called out. But where you say he's explaining this thought process thoroughly, I disagree. I'm not sure I get the change between PTP3 and here, maybe I didn't read the early days of PTP3 close enough to see this, but I remember JH in PTP3 being standoffish and unwilling to do anything but push single players. Being passive certainly provides an alternative playstyle to that, but it's not actually...doing anything. It doesn't seem to actually be BETTER or anything than PTP3 JH, and I'd expect someone who was unhappy with a bad performance to want to follow it up with a good performance, which this isn't. This is just excuses for NO performance.

ghost has provided opinions confidently. Do you feel that he is hiding something or just doesnt care about adding in extended explainations?

Nisani is more of a meta read for me, but I see him play like this a decent amount

Iamperfection is purposefully ignoring the rest of the thread and is not trying to actually help town with anything useful or anything that resembles effort.

JH as i have said, is a lynch I would support but I would much rather lynch iamperfection

I don't think that ghost is hiding something (The hiro posts are odd but not...hiding something? A connection to look at if either flips), and I agree that Keirathi is missing part of why ghost voted for him. But dropping a vote on someone, walking away, and never engaging the thread when there's active discussion on your vote is not a thing I like. With most of us pretty inactive, it doesn't stick out as much as it would under different circumstances, but it's still not town conduct.

Nisani and iamperfection both just look similar to me. I don't have experience playing with nisani, and their play is so similar this game that I'm not overly confident in choosing between them, and I find it unlikely both would be scum. I'd rather vote elsewhere and then see how nisani and iamperfection differentiate themselves over time.


##Vote: JingleHell

Thinking about this
I'm not sure I get the change between PTP3 and here, maybe I didn't read the early days of PTP3 close enough to see this, but I remember JH in PTP3 being standoffish and unwilling to do anything but push single players. Being passive certainly provides an alternative playstyle to that, but it's not actually...doing anything. It doesn't seem to actually be BETTER or anything than PTP3 JH, and I'd expect someone who was unhappy with a bad performance to want to follow it up with a good performance, which this isn't. This is just excuses for NO performance.
has me convinced. If he really feels like he played poorly in PTP3, then the solution is to address the "poorly" part of that, rather than the "played" part. Being non-participatory isn't a better route.

Fe fi fo fum.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 17:18 GMT
#253
On October 02 2012 02:13 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 02:12 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:09 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:43 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:38 Mattchew wrote:
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost

I already did.

On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:09 gonzaw wrote:
3)Do you think ghost acting like an idiot and wanting to lynch you for mind-boggling reasons makes him scum, reckless townie trying to play the "aggressive hero" role, or is not enough to judge his alignment?

This is the harder one. I honestly don't think that ghost is an idiot. He hosted two of my three newbie games, and definitely saw the amount of effort I put into Newbie XIX within the first 12 hours of replacing in, so theoretically he should know the way I play better than anyone else in this game (I've played in one game with about half of the players in this game). So why is he acting like that? Honestly, my first thought was Village Idiot, but I'm not sure if there's a VI-type role, and I think its pointless to speculate about it so I didn't mention it. I 100% think what he has said was anti-town, though.


His whole reasoning for voting me was because I "looked through filters. and townies don't put in that much effort early in day 1". Which is such bullshit reasoning, that I can't even fathom a motivation for making it outside of VI.

if you dont think ghost is an idiot you should try to extract the actual meaning from his posts than to just take them at hastey face value.

He is saying, and I agree with, that your early "case" seemed forced and that you were faking putting in that much effort. You even agree with this when you admitted your case was bad and just meant for discussion.

do you have anything else or is your entire read based on failed reading comprehension?


ghost_403 wrote:
Looking through previous filters when there's been, what, twenty posts in this game? No, that's not something that townies do.

He didn't say I was faking putting in effort. He said that putting in that much effort early game is not something that a townie would do.

EBWOP: I guess he could have meant that he thought I was faking the effort and just making bullshit up. But that's demonstrably not the case.


If you said "Not demonstrably", I could maybe agree. Saying "demonstrably not" is a bit harder to see.

Take a look through Mattchew's meta and tell me if I was making bullshit up when I said:
On September 30 2012 13:01 Keirathi wrote:
For completeness sake, though, I did go back through all of your games up to Movie Star, and the only pattern was that you seem to claim town if you get into the thread early, and otherwise say you are catching up and reading the thread in your first post

My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 17:20 GMT
#254
Does anyone think the JH lynch feels off to anyone else?

I can't put my finger on it...

it just feels wrong
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
October 01 2012 17:24 GMT
#255
On October 02 2012 02:20 Drazerk wrote:
Does anyone think the JH lynch feels off to anyone else?

I can't put my finger on it...

it just feels wrong

try and explain why it feels off this post sucks unless you do.. go gonzaw mode and just post everything you are thinking on the matter
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
October 01 2012 17:24 GMT
#256
On October 02 2012 02:12 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 02:09 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:43 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:38 Mattchew wrote:
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost

I already did.

On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:09 gonzaw wrote:
3)Do you think ghost acting like an idiot and wanting to lynch you for mind-boggling reasons makes him scum, reckless townie trying to play the "aggressive hero" role, or is not enough to judge his alignment?

This is the harder one. I honestly don't think that ghost is an idiot. He hosted two of my three newbie games, and definitely saw the amount of effort I put into Newbie XIX within the first 12 hours of replacing in, so theoretically he should know the way I play better than anyone else in this game (I've played in one game with about half of the players in this game). So why is he acting like that? Honestly, my first thought was Village Idiot, but I'm not sure if there's a VI-type role, and I think its pointless to speculate about it so I didn't mention it. I 100% think what he has said was anti-town, though.


His whole reasoning for voting me was because I "looked through filters. and townies don't put in that much effort early in day 1". Which is such bullshit reasoning, that I can't even fathom a motivation for making it outside of VI.

if you dont think ghost is an idiot you should try to extract the actual meaning from his posts than to just take them at hastey face value.

He is saying, and I agree with, that your early "case" seemed forced and that you were faking putting in that much effort. You even agree with this when you admitted your case was bad and just meant for discussion.

do you have anything else or is your entire read based on failed reading comprehension?


ghost_403 wrote:
Looking through previous filters when there's been, what, twenty posts in this game? No, that's not something that townies do.

He didn't say I was faking putting in effort. He said that putting in that much effort early game is not something that a townie would do.

EBWOP: I guess he could have meant that he thought I was faking the effort and just making bullshit up. But that's demonstrably not the case.

this is funny cause you were faking effort and making bullshit up as you admitted
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 17:25 GMT
#257
On October 02 2012 02:20 Drazerk wrote:
Does anyone think the JH lynch feels off to anyone else?

I can't put my finger on it...

it just feels wrong


Well, it's based in misrepresenting my play now to me "not playing", when I'm actually "playing less agressively", for reasons that were explained. The inference they're using to push me is that I'm not participating, which I think is ridiculous. In particular since Mattchew isn't willing to push it, and Gonzaw insists that his vote is a convenient placeholder, and oh by the way, he'll be back after lynch, hope it doesn't go bad.

It feels completely scripted and noncommittal, although I'm sure someone will scream OMGUS at me saying that.
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
October 01 2012 17:26 GMT
#258
On October 02 2012 02:06 JingleHell wrote:
I'm noticing a trend. Both of the main people who want to lynch me are trying very hard to not be seen as the ones forcing the issue, and are basing it off of... not that much. That's Mattchew and Gonzaw, of course.

Amusingly, out of people who have talked to or about me, the one I'd be least suspicious of voting me also seems to be the one most inclined to actually wait for a good reason, and that's Keirathi.


Instead of spreading doubt on your lynch when it isn't even close why don't you put together a post explaining your top 2 scums reads with some sort of explanation why?

Stop defending yourself at every turn and explaining yourself try to actually push a read for the lynch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 17:27 GMT
#259
On October 02 2012 02:26 Mementoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 02:06 JingleHell wrote:
I'm noticing a trend. Both of the main people who want to lynch me are trying very hard to not be seen as the ones forcing the issue, and are basing it off of... not that much. That's Mattchew and Gonzaw, of course.

Amusingly, out of people who have talked to or about me, the one I'd be least suspicious of voting me also seems to be the one most inclined to actually wait for a good reason, and that's Keirathi.


Instead of spreading doubt on your lynch when it isn't even close why don't you put together a post explaining your top 2 scums reads with some sort of explanation why?

Stop defending yourself at every turn and explaining yourself try to actually push a read for the lynch.


Because I already fucking did that, and people promptly ignored it and accused me of not playing, using it as motivation to push me as a target without committing to it?
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 17:28 GMT
#260
On October 02 2012 02:24 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 02:12 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:09 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:43 Keirathi wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:38 Mattchew wrote:
Keirathi explain to me why you want to lynch ghost

I already did.

On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:09 gonzaw wrote:
3)Do you think ghost acting like an idiot and wanting to lynch you for mind-boggling reasons makes him scum, reckless townie trying to play the "aggressive hero" role, or is not enough to judge his alignment?

This is the harder one. I honestly don't think that ghost is an idiot. He hosted two of my three newbie games, and definitely saw the amount of effort I put into Newbie XIX within the first 12 hours of replacing in, so theoretically he should know the way I play better than anyone else in this game (I've played in one game with about half of the players in this game). So why is he acting like that? Honestly, my first thought was Village Idiot, but I'm not sure if there's a VI-type role, and I think its pointless to speculate about it so I didn't mention it. I 100% think what he has said was anti-town, though.


His whole reasoning for voting me was because I "looked through filters. and townies don't put in that much effort early in day 1". Which is such bullshit reasoning, that I can't even fathom a motivation for making it outside of VI.

if you dont think ghost is an idiot you should try to extract the actual meaning from his posts than to just take them at hastey face value.

He is saying, and I agree with, that your early "case" seemed forced and that you were faking putting in that much effort. You even agree with this when you admitted your case was bad and just meant for discussion.

do you have anything else or is your entire read based on failed reading comprehension?


ghost_403 wrote:
Looking through previous filters when there's been, what, twenty posts in this game? No, that's not something that townies do.

He didn't say I was faking putting in effort. He said that putting in that much effort early game is not something that a townie would do.

EBWOP: I guess he could have meant that he thought I was faking the effort and just making bullshit up. But that's demonstrably not the case.

this is funny cause you were faking effort and making bullshit up as you admitted

Where did I say I was faking effort and making bullshit up?

I did catch someone as scum for saying "I'm town!" a bunch, and have been paranoid about it ever sense.

And you did start the setup speculation, which I felt wasn't benefitting town.

Both of those things might have been weak points, but they weren't WRONG. They were just weak.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings129
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 201
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 197
hero 146
sorry 38
Mind 28
Terrorterran 21
Bale 19
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1024
League of Legends
JimRising 709
Counter-Strike
taco 474
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King177
Other Games
summit1g9752
Maynarde191
RuFF_SC2163
ArmadaUGS32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH277
• Hupsaiya 122
• practicex 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2107
League of Legends
• Rush1197
• Stunt301
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 11m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.