• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:30
CEST 23:30
KST 06:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13920 users

[Interview] ToT)Mondragon(

Forum Index > Razer TSL Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
April 03 2008 17:15 GMT
#1
We all know him as probably the most talented foreign Zerg out there, and right now, he's leading the TSL qualification ladder.
Here is the top 2 at the moment:
#1 ToT.Mondragon 50 - 2 7108
#2 TSL.IdrA 58 - 10 7104

Hi Mondragon! Name, age and nationality please.
Mondi: As most of you guys know, I am Christoph Semke, 21 years old and from Germany.

One minute ago you took the #1 spot on our TSL qualification ladder. Do you feel safe there?
Mondi: No, I don't feel safe there at all. People are playing so much and it will change sooner or later again and I don't care about the #1 spot. I just want to finish top 16 at the end of the ladder season.

It seems like you have a clear goal. How hard will it be to reach it? Did you already have to surpass some difficulties?
Mondi: No, everything going smoothly so far. I decided to concentrate on only playing against foreigners since in my opinion it is now kinda useless to try my luck against Koreans, who beat me badly and would only make me lose points in the end. So I think I'll stick to play foreigners only, since the aim is to get top 16 and not to get owned by Koreans.

I know it's still early in the ladder, but do you have any predictions for the top 5 of the ladder?
Mondi: Uhh... that's kind of impossible to predict I think. It's mostly about massgaming in my opinion.

Though, once the top 16 goes into the A ranks, massgaming doesn't matter that much anymore and it's purely about skill. Will this not affect some of the current top 48?
Mondi: Lets say it this way. In the end skills + activity counts. And I am convinced that the best players will gather theirselves in the top 48 no matter what. The ladder qualification is a fair system.

What got you so motivated to already play 52 games in this event? You're notorious for your frowning upon mass gaming and practicing.
Mondi: Oh well, I still got my university break until 14th April so I got a lot of time to play, and nice cash prizes are always motivating to play. So here I go ...

Any words on the format and the organization? Are you excited to be a part of this?
The event itself is damn awesome. The format is something new and I really like it. I'm always in for some changes and new systems. I really appreciate all the work of TeamLiquid.net for such an amazing event. Thanks.

Do you think TSL brings the foreigner scene a step closer to professionalization?
Mondi: Of course, any sponsored event with a good organisation brings the scene closer to professionalization. And I speak for everyone, we really appreciate it

Ok, I can't resist it. Last question: TSL or GGSL?
Mondi: This is a rhetorical question

Thanks for the interview and good luck with the rest of the tournament!

Mondragon gave me a replay of his TSL game vs Nony, which he claims was a very good game in which he really had to 'macro his ass off' to quote him.
Replay: ToT.Mondragon vs TSL-Nony
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
April 03 2008 17:21 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview!
Moderator
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
April 03 2008 17:23 GMT
#3
mondi kor dodgin!
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
April 03 2008 17:28 GMT
#4
Geil!
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
omgbnetsux
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States3749 Posts
April 03 2008 17:29 GMT
#5
On April 04 2008 02:21 semioldguy wrote:
Thanks for the interview!

NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
April 03 2008 17:42 GMT
#6
keke i really played poorly that game and mondi did not let up
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
April 03 2008 17:43 GMT
#7
I got in my own questions! + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
dybydx
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada1764 Posts
April 03 2008 17:50 GMT
#8
is there an exp decay in iCCup?
...from the land of imba
IPS.ZeRo
Profile Joined April 2003
Germany1142 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-03 18:10:21
April 03 2008 18:10 GMT
#9
On April 04 2008 02:50 dybydx wrote:
is there an exp decay in iCCup?


no, but you can be sure that B won't be enough for the top16 in the end. So he has to play on.
aka DTF-ZeRo
tttt
Profile Joined February 2008
United States386 Posts
April 03 2008 18:11 GMT
#10
On April 04 2008 02:42 NonY[rC] wrote:
keke i really played poorly that game and mondi did not let up


His macro was brutal. Give us some reps of your best PvZ so far to redeem yourself
dybydx
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada1764 Posts
April 03 2008 18:15 GMT
#11
2 gate proxy mondi to show the world the true nub that he is. ^^
it will be one of those boxer v yellow (or OOv) moments that lives forever in the history book of SC.
...from the land of imba
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
April 03 2008 18:25 GMT
#12
On April 04 2008 03:11 tttt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2008 02:42 NonY[rC] wrote:
keke i really played poorly that game and mondi did not let up


His macro was brutal. Give us some reps of your best PvZ so far to redeem yourself


hehe i have them but you will have to wait until the TSL to see my best pvz
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
NotSupporting
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1998 Posts
April 03 2008 18:26 GMT
#13
I dream of a Mondragon vs NonY final.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
April 03 2008 18:31 GMT
#14
Thanks Rage and Mondi! I really hope Mondi does well, although I'm still supporting Nony for #1!
Moderator
parkin
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
1091 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-03 18:43:11
April 03 2008 18:34 GMT
#15
Mondragon will win the whole TSL. I would bet money on it if I could.

And please make a replay pack after TSL Mondi!
mostly harmless
Response
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States1938 Posts
April 03 2008 18:39 GMT
#16
nice interview:-D
the REAL ReSpOnSe
dybydx
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada1764 Posts
April 03 2008 18:41 GMT
#17
i vote for a mondi v nony bo5 rematch with liquid bet and commentary ^^
...from the land of imba
tttt
Profile Joined February 2008
United States386 Posts
April 03 2008 19:07 GMT
#18
On April 04 2008 03:25 NonY[rC] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2008 03:11 tttt wrote:
On April 04 2008 02:42 NonY[rC] wrote:
keke i really played poorly that game and mondi did not let up


His macro was brutal. Give us some reps of your best PvZ so far to redeem yourself


hehe i have them but you will have to wait until the TSL to see my best pvz


I'm looking forward to it!
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
April 03 2008 19:11 GMT
#19
Pre-prediction: Mondi 3-0.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 03 2008 19:30 GMT
#20
On April 04 2008 04:11 MYM.Testie wrote:
Pre-prediction: Mondi 3-0 Testie.

fixed
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O142
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15636
Calm 1911
Shuttle 294
White-Ra 233
ZZZero.O 142
Mini 125
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm24
League of Legends
Doublelift2690
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5285
Other Games
summit1g8949
FrodaN2604
fl0m2281
Liquid`RaSZi2110
crisheroes294
C9.Mang0239
Pyrionflax195
ToD187
Livibee182
IndyStarCraft 181
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1029
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 29
• Adnapsc2 28
• Hupsaiya 23
• Sammyuel 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki44
• blackmanpl 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1561
• Shiphtur674
• WagamamaTV309
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 30m
Replay Cast
1h 30m
OSC
14h 30m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.