• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:43
CEST 06:43
KST 13:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7862 users

[Interview] ToT)Mondragon( - Page 2

Forum Index > Razer TSL Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
statix
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States1760 Posts
April 03 2008 19:44 GMT
#21
On April 04 2008 04:30 decafchicken wrote:
Pre-prediction: Anyone 3-0 decafchicken.


fixed.
SCC-Caliban
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 03 2008 19:47 GMT
#22
On April 04 2008 04:44 statix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2008 04:30 decafchicken wrote:
Pre-prediction: Anyone 3-0 decafchicken.


fixed.


...i'd be damned happy to go 0-3 in the finals of tsl, and happily take my money
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
statix
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States1760 Posts
April 03 2008 19:51 GMT
#23
On April 04 2008 04:47 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2008 04:44 statix wrote:
On April 04 2008 04:30 decafchicken wrote:
Pre-prediction: Anyone 3-0 decafchicken.


fixed.


...i'd be damned happy to go 1-3 vs anyone on b.net


fixed.
SCC-Caliban
gNs.I-RedEyes
Profile Joined April 2008
United States29 Posts
April 03 2008 20:14 GMT
#24
i think idra will win it all ^_^
*yawn*
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
April 03 2008 20:33 GMT
#25
Gotta love Mondragon <3

Thanks for the interview.
We make signature, then defense it.
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
April 03 2008 20:49 GMT
#26
Thanks for the interview!
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
TheDarKo
Profile Joined March 2008
Sweden109 Posts
April 03 2008 21:00 GMT
#27
Nice job, keep up the interviews Always nice to read.
~: They made me do iT :~ (Fan of SlayerS_`BoxeR` & sAviOr)
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
April 03 2008 21:19 GMT
#28
nice interview, thanks
sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
uNiGNoRe
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Germany1115 Posts
April 03 2008 21:48 GMT
#29
Yea, thanks for the interview, and good luck Mondragon!
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
April 03 2008 21:56 GMT
#30
Great Mondi, keep up the great play!! Win the TSL and get the cash
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
April 03 2008 21:57 GMT
#31
Thank Mondragon and Rage.

I'm suprised he hasn't been four-pooled yet though.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
iLjh
Profile Joined February 2008
United States160 Posts
April 03 2008 22:13 GMT
#32
too hard to predict the winner... any of the top 5 will have a good chance at winning >.>
statix
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States1760 Posts
April 03 2008 23:52 GMT
#33
i really hope mondragon comes out on top. he's always so humble and hes been around for years, you cant help but love the guy.
SCC-Caliban
SpiralArchitect
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2116 Posts
April 04 2008 01:11 GMT
#34
On April 04 2008 03:26 NotSupporting wrote:
I dream of a Mondragon vs NonY final.


MotC final is Mondi vs NonY:D <3 tsl i been playin my ass off shooting for the top 500 woootz!
TeamLiquids #1 illiterate writer, writin dem wordz is de hardz.
1t2t3t4t5taw
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Andorra173 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-04 01:32:56
April 04 2008 01:30 GMT
#35
On April 04 2008 02:42 NonY[rC] wrote:
keke i really played poorly that game and mondi did not let up


Your opponent complimented you and he's the best Zerg foreigner. Do you ever lose when you're not "playing really badly?" I guess that Mondragon, playing his "ass off," can only win when you're playing badly.

I don't think any foreigner has ever been able to just say that they lost without any superfluous information.
afadf
FirstProbe
Profile Joined June 2004
1206 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-04 01:41:00
April 04 2008 01:40 GMT
#36
On April 04 2008 10:30 1t2t3t4t5taw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2008 02:42 NonY[rC] wrote:
keke i really played poorly that game and mondi did not let up


Your opponent complimented you and he's the best Zerg foreigner. Do you ever lose when you're not "playing really badly?" I guess that Mondragon, playing his "ass off," can only win when you're playing badly.

I don't think any foreigner has ever been able to just say that they lost without any superfluous information.



I've lost a lot of respect for Nony. He makes similar comments every time he loses. Like you said, these comments detract from the (good) play of the opponent, and tries to suggest that he would've won if he played remotely well. Even if that is the case, so what, it didn't happen.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
April 04 2008 02:09 GMT
#37
Don't be so cruel. It was just a statement.

Truth is Nony could have played better, he had reavers sitting around in mid map with no support at some points, he had to run up and down the map losing bits and piece of his army, of his expos, and so on. He couldn't get it togehter, so he lost.

Mondragon did macro his ass off, but he could have won with less macro too. He pushed hard and constantly, and they both played a good game.

So what if some player says that he played badly? Do you think Mondi cares? If not, then why do you guys? When you lose, don't you know why? Don't you realize the mistakes you made and know you would have put up a better fight if it weren't for those glitches? He didn't say he was better, he just said he played badly,

I'm not a nony fan but come on, this wasn't even close to flaming or bm or anything. So stop hating and enjoy tsl.

Moar replays mondi prz!
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
April 04 2008 02:15 GMT
#38
On April 04 2008 10:40 FirstProbe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2008 10:30 1t2t3t4t5taw wrote:
On April 04 2008 02:42 NonY[rC] wrote:
keke i really played poorly that game and mondi did not let up


Your opponent complimented you and he's the best Zerg foreigner. Do you ever lose when you're not "playing really badly?" I guess that Mondragon, playing his "ass off," can only win when you're playing badly.

I don't think any foreigner has ever been able to just say that they lost without any superfluous information.



I've lost a lot of respect for Nony. He makes similar comments every time he loses. Like you said, these comments detract from the (good) play of the opponent, and tries to suggest that he would've won if he played remotely well. Even if that is the case, so what, it didn't happen.



I disagree... I translate that directly to "I made a few mistakes and so Mondi killed me"

I see where you're coming from totally, but I don't think it's sufficient reason to lose respect for the man.

It's a perfectly normal thing to say after any loss in my opinion, and has nothing to do with the calibre of player.... It's not like he's making bullshit excuse after bullshit excuse... He's making 1 excuse that essentially covers all possible excuses and as such it's the only excuse he needs after every game. LOL

But seriously, He's not saying he could beat mondi (I think that would be an impressive feat). Instead he's saying we can expect better play out of him in the Finals vs Mondi

I don't know, I just hate seeing people say they lose respect for someone because they explain their perspective on their loss. He doesn't seem to be in denial or anything.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-04 02:25:08
April 04 2008 02:23 GMT
#39
Every single truly competitive player, when they lose, believes they could have played better. Its the mark of someone who truly believes in himself and thinks he can win. Saying "I played badly" or "I can play better" is far different a reason for losing than "my hands were cold" or "it was laggy." One of these reasons put the blame and ability to affect change squarely in the players' hands; the other puts the loss on external factors that the player has no control over.

In a way, saying "I played badly" is the antithesis of excuse--it's assuming and internalizing more responsibility. What do you expect him to say, "I played my absolute greatest and there's no way I can beat Mondragon no matter how hard I try."

I'd much rather players believe they could beat each other than admit they have no chance.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
April 04 2008 02:31 GMT
#40
On April 04 2008 11:23 Hot_Bid wrote:
Every single truly competitive player, when they lose, believes they could have played better. Its the mark of someone who truly believes in himself and thinks he can win. Saying "I played badly" or "I can play better" is far different a reason for losing than "my hands were cold" or "it was laggy." One of these reasons put the blame and ability to affect change squarely in the players' hands; the other puts the loss on external factors that the player has no control over.

In a way, saying "I played badly" is the antithesis of excuse--it's assuming and internalizing more responsibility. What do you expect him to say, "I played my absolute greatest and there's no way I can beat Mondragon no matter how hard I try."

I'd much rather players believe they could beat each other than admit they have no chance.



I wish this is what I had said ^ ^ LOL Well Put.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 258
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 500
Larva 457
Leta 73
NaDa 41
TT1 18
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm245
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Other Games
summit1g10115
WinterStarcraft445
Mew2King100
ViBE79
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1058
BasetradeTV257
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2161
League of Legends
• Rush1163
• Lourlo1067
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 17m
INu's Battles
7h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 17m
Replay Cast
18h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.