• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:22
CEST 10:22
KST 17:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6866 users

England vs Sweden - Group D Matchday 2 - Page 15

Forum Index > UEFA Euro 2012
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 19 Next All
JoelB
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany311 Posts
June 15 2012 20:57 GMT
#281
who ever gets second in this group: you have my pity ... you could as well go home after the group stage if the alternative is facing spain in the round of 8 :D
Hetairoi
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Sweden508 Posts
June 15 2012 20:57 GMT
#282
On June 16 2012 05:54 Storchen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 05:53 Hittegods wrote:
Avgå Hamrén!


A bit harsh, no?


Hamren is not a well qualified enough to coach a national team. He might just be as bad as Lagerbäck.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
June 15 2012 20:57 GMT
#283
On June 16 2012 05:55 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Shitty football but we did play a bit once Milner fucked off and we got Walcott on. Shame we can't drop Glenn Johnsen for Richards but hey ho.

4 points from France/Sweden is a really good result I'd say and now we have Rooney back we should look a lot less useless next game.

I just hope he picks Rooney/Welbeck not Rooney/Carroll.


Phil Jones is an option as well. He's amazingly versatile so I don't know why he's not played
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
June 15 2012 20:58 GMT
#284
On June 16 2012 05:52 zul wrote:
by now the swedes can be happy the score isn`t already 4:2. england having great chances in the end.


Yeah, I'm real hapy we're out of the tournament losing with 3-2 instead of 4-2, it makes all the difference :p
EdouarKiLL
Profile Joined October 2011
Russian Federation112 Posts
June 15 2012 20:59 GMT
#285
Sad Sweden lost...
Trololo
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
June 15 2012 20:59 GMT
#286
On June 16 2012 05:57 JoelB wrote:
who ever gets second in this group: you have my pity ... you could as well go home after the group stage if the alternative is facing spain in the round of 8 :D


I dont know, England can turtle really well. They have nearly 50 years of peoples prayers getting jammed up the heaven pipeline, somethings got to give, surely ?
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
June 15 2012 20:59 GMT
#287
England deserve to win this game, the 2nd half is crazy. That goal from Welbeck is one of this euro's best up to this point. He always got some much flair in him.
And now Rooney can play, I wonder who will be taken out for a place of Rooney
Terran
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
June 15 2012 21:00 GMT
#288
Good game Sweden, love you.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 21:01:19
June 15 2012 21:01 GMT
#289
On June 16 2012 05:59 Caphe wrote:
England deserve to win this game, the 2nd half is crazy. That goal from Welbeck is one of this euro's best up to this point. He always got some much flair in him.
And now Rooney can play, I wonder who will be taken out for a place of Rooney


Caroll,

He can head it and he can smash it once in a while but meh, Welbeck is just a far better option.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
June 15 2012 21:01 GMT
#290
Hard to tell how good/bad Hamren is. The players to his disposal was quite bad compared to the last decade imo. I wouldn't mind giving him another shot.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
June 15 2012 21:01 GMT
#291
On June 16 2012 05:59 Caphe wrote:
England deserve to win this game, the 2nd half is crazy. That goal from Welbeck is one of this euro's best up to this point. He always got some much flair in him.
And now Rooney can play, I wonder who will be taken out for a place of Rooney


Should be Carroll, will probably be Welbeck
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
June 15 2012 21:02 GMT
#292
On June 16 2012 05:57 Hassybaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 05:55 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Shitty football but we did play a bit once Milner fucked off and we got Walcott on. Shame we can't drop Glenn Johnsen for Richards but hey ho.

4 points from France/Sweden is a really good result I'd say and now we have Rooney back we should look a lot less useless next game.

I just hope he picks Rooney/Welbeck not Rooney/Carroll.


Phil Jones is an option as well. He's amazingly versatile so I don't know why he's not played


I'm a United fan so I've seen a lot of Phil Jones.

Jones is a talented player and in the future I think he'll be a starter for England either in midfield or at centre back.

Right now though he's extremely naive positionally and given he's against Yarmalenko (Ukraine's best player) I think I'd prefer Johnson. For all Johnson's endless lapses in concentration and bad positioning he's a least very, very quick so can make up for it.

Jones's isn't that quick and right back is probably his worst position (so much so we play Rafael, Fabio and Smalling ahead of him at full back).

Jones's isn't ready for this stage yet imo.
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
June 15 2012 21:03 GMT
#293
On June 16 2012 05:57 JoelB wrote:
who ever gets second in this group: you have my pity ... you could as well go home after the group stage if the alternative is facing spain in the round of 8 :D


Italy and Croatia both look really good too so it won't be easy for 1st place either.
JoelB
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany311 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 21:05:11
June 15 2012 21:04 GMT
#294
On June 16 2012 05:59 Rebs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 05:57 JoelB wrote:
who ever gets second in this group: you have my pity ... you could as well go home after the group stage if the alternative is facing spain in the round of 8 :D


I dont know, England can turtle really well. They have nearly 50 years of peoples prayers getting jammed up the heaven pipeline, somethings got to give, surely ?


turtle you will, if you want it or not ... the only chance is to destroy their game, frustrate them and play pressing like there is no tomorrow.
Storchen
Profile Joined September 2006
Sweden4385 Posts
June 15 2012 21:05 GMT
#295
And I may be late on the ball here but this just hit me
[image loading]
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
June 15 2012 21:05 GMT
#296
On June 16 2012 06:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 05:57 Hassybaby wrote:
On June 16 2012 05:55 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Shitty football but we did play a bit once Milner fucked off and we got Walcott on. Shame we can't drop Glenn Johnsen for Richards but hey ho.

4 points from France/Sweden is a really good result I'd say and now we have Rooney back we should look a lot less useless next game.

I just hope he picks Rooney/Welbeck not Rooney/Carroll.


Phil Jones is an option as well. He's amazingly versatile so I don't know why he's not played


I'm a United fan so I've seen a lot of Phil Jones.

Jones is a talented player and in the future I think he'll be a starter for England either in midfield or at centre back.

Right now though he's extremely naive positionally and given he's against Yarmalenko (Ukraine's best player) I think I'd prefer Johnson. For all Johnson's endless lapses in concentration and bad positioning he's a least very, very quick so can make up for it.

Jones's isn't that quick and right back is probably his worst position (so much so we play Rafael, Fabio and Smalling ahead of him at full back).

Jones's isn't ready for this stage yet imo.


I'm also a United fan (yay :D)

I agree. I think Jones works better as a holding midfielder. But I think he'll most definitely be an option if they need it.

I dunno, I thought Johnson played really well that game :3
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
SnowyPsilocybin
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom265 Posts
June 15 2012 21:07 GMT
#297
Theo walcott did well, maybe he can do this all the time for Arsenal :D (arsenal fan)
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-15 21:09:17
June 15 2012 21:08 GMT
#298
On June 16 2012 06:05 Hassybaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 06:02 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
On June 16 2012 05:57 Hassybaby wrote:
On June 16 2012 05:55 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Shitty football but we did play a bit once Milner fucked off and we got Walcott on. Shame we can't drop Glenn Johnsen for Richards but hey ho.

4 points from France/Sweden is a really good result I'd say and now we have Rooney back we should look a lot less useless next game.

I just hope he picks Rooney/Welbeck not Rooney/Carroll.


Phil Jones is an option as well. He's amazingly versatile so I don't know why he's not played


I'm a United fan so I've seen a lot of Phil Jones.

Jones is a talented player and in the future I think he'll be a starter for England either in midfield or at centre back.

Right now though he's extremely naive positionally and given he's against Yarmalenko (Ukraine's best player) I think I'd prefer Johnson. For all Johnson's endless lapses in concentration and bad positioning he's a least very, very quick so can make up for it.

Jones's isn't that quick and right back is probably his worst position (so much so we play Rafael, Fabio and Smalling ahead of him at full back).

Jones's isn't ready for this stage yet imo.


I'm also a United fan (yay :D)

I agree. I think Jones works better as a holding midfielder. But I think he'll most definitely be an option if they need it.

I dunno, I thought Johnson played really well that game :3


He played Mellberg onside for their first.

He was marking (or rather not marking) Mellberg for their second.

He let their left back Ollson come inside him for the Kallstrom chance which he should have scored.

He was completely at fault for both their goals.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
June 15 2012 21:08 GMT
#299
Rofl...dat conclusion from the English pundits

"nope, we're waaaaaay too bad right now"
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Hittegods
Profile Joined April 2007
Stockholm4642 Posts
June 15 2012 21:09 GMT
#300
On June 16 2012 06:01 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Hard to tell how good/bad Hamren is. The players to his disposal was quite bad compared to the last decade imo. I wouldn't mind giving him another shot.

Pretty easy to tell how bad/naive he is.
This neo violence, pure self defiance
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3289
Soma 276
Rush 267
Killer 121
ToSsGirL 102
Mong 72
Shinee 39
Counter-Strike
ceh9556
byalli546
shoxiejesuss394
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King118
Other Games
summit1g8141
olofmeister675
WinterStarcraft589
Happy377
dupreeh232
Sick213
crisheroes143
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1005
• Stunt435
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 38m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.