• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:22
CEST 00:22
KST 07:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8282 users

The 2012 UEFA EURO - Page 2

Forum Index > UEFA Euro 2012
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 43 44 45 Next All
Surrealistic
Profile Joined September 2009
311 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 12:41:53
May 02 2012 12:40 GMT
#21
On May 02 2012 21:34 shannn wrote:
Holland has weak defense and even our offensive players aren't in shape except for our 2 strikers which our coach will probably only use RVP and not Huntelaar (crazy tbh).

You don't think you'll beat Denmark? I think Holland will 1-1-1 (W/D/L) at the very worst. Definitely see you winning one game or even twice vs Portugal and Denmark. And I agree as Schalke fan, The Hunter is tops and Snejder has apparently been substitute most of the seasons at Inter. Have faith man, you have the two most in form strikers at the championships.

e: Can somebody Spanish tell me if there's any talk about Raul making the Euro squad?
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
May 02 2012 12:48 GMT
#22
Yup, dual host autoqualifying in group 1 rule should be changed - group B is definitely sick. Don't know whether I believe Oranges will advance, us having a bad record vs Portugal. At the moment i'd go for:
A Russia - Greece (Poland really aren't that good, home advantage won't be enough)
B Germany - Portugal
C Spain - Italy
D France - Sweden (England notoriously underachieving with their national team)
But i'm going to try to watch as many matches as possible, Euro championships have the toughest groups of any tournament! I'm very hyped, not even for my own country as much as all the excitement (read: betting) around it.
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
May 02 2012 12:51 GMT
#23
Jesus, poor Portugal...
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Enchanted
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1609 Posts
May 02 2012 12:53 GMT
#24
On May 02 2012 21:40 Surrealistic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 21:34 shannn wrote:
Holland has weak defense and even our offensive players aren't in shape except for our 2 strikers which our coach will probably only use RVP and not Huntelaar (crazy tbh).

You don't think you'll beat Denmark? I think Holland will 1-1-1 (W/D/L) at the very worst. Definitely see you winning one game or even twice vs Portugal and Denmark. And I agree as Schalke fan, The Hunter is tops and Snejder has apparently been substitute most of the seasons at Inter. Have faith man, you have the two most in form strikers at the championships.

e: Can somebody Spanish tell me if there's any talk about Raul making the Euro squad?

I think if you add both their goal tallies together they barely pass Ronaldo's goals scored. ^^
Surrealistic
Profile Joined September 2009
311 Posts
May 02 2012 12:59 GMT
#25
On May 02 2012 21:53 Megatronn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 21:40 Surrealistic wrote:
On May 02 2012 21:34 shannn wrote:
Holland has weak defense and even our offensive players aren't in shape except for our 2 strikers which our coach will probably only use RVP and not Huntelaar (crazy tbh).

You don't think you'll beat Denmark? I think Holland will 1-1-1 (W/D/L) at the very worst. Definitely see you winning one game or even twice vs Portugal and Denmark. And I agree as Schalke fan, The Hunter is tops and Snejder has apparently been substitute most of the seasons at Inter. Have faith man, you have the two most in form strikers at the championships.

e: Can somebody Spanish tell me if there's any talk about Raul making the Euro squad?

I think if you add both their goal tallies together they barely pass Ronaldo's goals scored. ^^

THEM FIGHTING WORDS SON

I saw Sporting a few times in the Europa and their best players were Van Wolfswinkel and Schjaars.
Enchanted
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1609 Posts
May 02 2012 13:04 GMT
#26
On May 02 2012 21:59 Surrealistic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 21:53 Megatronn wrote:
On May 02 2012 21:40 Surrealistic wrote:
On May 02 2012 21:34 shannn wrote:
Holland has weak defense and even our offensive players aren't in shape except for our 2 strikers which our coach will probably only use RVP and not Huntelaar (crazy tbh).

You don't think you'll beat Denmark? I think Holland will 1-1-1 (W/D/L) at the very worst. Definitely see you winning one game or even twice vs Portugal and Denmark. And I agree as Schalke fan, The Hunter is tops and Snejder has apparently been substitute most of the seasons at Inter. Have faith man, you have the two most in form strikers at the championships.

e: Can somebody Spanish tell me if there's any talk about Raul making the Euro squad?

I think if you add both their goal tallies together they barely pass Ronaldo's goals scored. ^^

THEM FIGHTING WORDS SON

I saw Sporting a few times in the Europa and their best players were Van Wolfswinkel and Schjaars.

Sure if you don't count Rui Patricio, Joao Perreira and Daniel Carrico. Wolfswinkel is a great striker but isn't much more then a target for people to cross to. Schjaars pretty beast.
disco
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Netherlands1667 Posts
May 02 2012 13:05 GMT
#27
Oh man I'm gonna waste so much money on betting again. Better start saving.

I don't think we'll even get through the group this time, with Germany recently beating us 3-0 I don't think we'll be able to beat them. We'll get unlucky in one of the other matches and we're out.

Hope Sneijder gets back in shape.
this game is a fucking jokie
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
May 02 2012 13:06 GMT
#28
On May 02 2012 21:40 Surrealistic wrote:
e: Can somebody Spanish tell me if there's any talk about Raul making the Euro squad?


I'm not Spanish nor do I have any information but I guess with Villa potentially still injured and Torres playing an awful season man can always dream.

I still don't think it's going to happen though, would be too good...
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 14:19:24
May 02 2012 14:18 GMT
#29
EDIT: Wrong thread.
Terran
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
May 02 2012 14:20 GMT
#30
wow can't believe we're just 30ish days away from the beginning of the tournament.
it feels like yesterday when I was watching 2008 euro.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Kaesebrot
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany128 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 14:30:50
May 02 2012 14:28 GMT
#31
A: 1 Poland, 2 Russia
B: 1 Germany, 2 Holland
C: 1 Spain, 2 Croatia
D: 1 England, 2 France

Quarters
Holland > Poland
Spain > France
Germany > Russia
England < Croatia

Semis

Holland < Germany
Spain > Croatia

Final
Germany > Spain

it feels like yesterday when I was watching 2008 euro.


F*CKING PUYOL! *GRML* *RAWR*
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
May 02 2012 14:29 GMT
#32
On May 02 2012 21:48 aseq wrote:
A Russia - Greece (Poland really aren't that good, home advantage won't be enough)

I agree though I think it will be Russia/Czechs. Seriously - we have this saying about our nat. team that on big tournaments we play three types of matches:
a) opening match
b) match for everything
c) match for honour.

Surprisingly we are the best in matches for honour. Yea.
Kaesebrot
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany128 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-02 14:33:44
May 02 2012 14:31 GMT
#33
You got "our" BVB-Big 3. Piszczek, Kuba and Lewa will manage to win 2 games by their own
MetalMarine
Profile Joined June 2007
United States1559 Posts
May 02 2012 14:42 GMT
#34
On May 02 2012 19:00 Telcontar wrote:
I just don't see anyone stopping Spain.


Germany/Netherlands says HELLO.
Ayush_SCtoss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
India3051 Posts
May 02 2012 14:51 GMT
#35
Well fuck me I am moving to China in the middle of the tournament Either way, I hope Netherlands win this. I like their team and mainly supporting them because they have RVP LOL Objectively speaking, I don't mind who wins as long as there are exciting matches to watch.
Other than that, I hope Croatia makes it far (I don't see them winning it though). Living in Croatia right now so yeah.
Does anyone know if Torres in is the squad for Spain or do the lineups still have to be decided (for the most part)?
End my suffering
Retric
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany284 Posts
May 02 2012 15:11 GMT
#36
On May 02 2012 22:05 disco wrote:
Oh man I'm gonna waste so much money on betting again. Better start saving.

I don't think we'll even get through the group this time, with Germany recently beating us 3-0 I don't think we'll be able to beat them. We'll get unlucky in one of the other matches and we're out.

Hope Sneijder gets back in shape.


you shouldn't overrate this game, Netherlands missed 4 players and Germany missed Lahm and Schweinsteiger and Gomez.
It was just a friendly match which Germany wanted to win. Van Marwjik did just test younger players. this 3-0 result says nothing.

i think germany and netherlands are going to advance in group B
Enchanted
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1609 Posts
May 02 2012 15:11 GMT
#37
On May 02 2012 23:51 Ayush_SCtoss wrote:
Well fuck me I am moving to China in the middle of the tournament Either way, I hope Netherlands win this. I like their team and mainly supporting them because they have RVP LOL Objectively speaking, I don't mind who wins as long as there are exciting matches to watch.
Other than that, I hope Croatia makes it far (I don't see them winning it though). Living in Croatia right now so yeah.
Does anyone know if Torres in is the squad for Spain or do the lineups still have to be decided (for the most part)?

I don't think the line ups are out yet.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
May 02 2012 15:32 GMT
#38
Torres will most likely be included in Spain squad since his recent bounce back(score 4 games in 2 games include a game in CL semi final).
Terran
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
May 02 2012 16:01 GMT
#39
On May 02 2012 23:42 MetalMarine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 19:00 Telcontar wrote:
I just don't see anyone stopping Spain.


Germany/Netherlands says HELLO.

And Spain have already said GOODBYE to both.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
May 02 2012 16:37 GMT
#40
On May 03 2012 01:01 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 23:42 MetalMarine wrote:
On May 02 2012 19:00 Telcontar wrote:
I just don't see anyone stopping Spain.


Germany/Netherlands says HELLO.

And Spain have already said GOODBYE to both.


Therefore the odds of that happening again are considerably smaller.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 43 44 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech180
Nina 136
ViBE75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15567
Artosis 380
firebathero 77
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever380
canceldota87
NeuroSwarm49
League of Legends
Doublelift4173
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
PPMD44
Other Games
summit1g7351
FrodaN1227
shahzam545
C9.Mang0359
RotterdaM95
Mew2King36
fpsfer 1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 26
• RyuSc2 19
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1098
• Shiphtur645
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
38m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.