• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:55
CEST 14:55
KST 21:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9088 users

[TSL4] Beastyqt Interview

Forum Index > TSL4 Forum
53 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All

[TSL4] Beastyqt Interview

Text byTL.net ESPORTS
July 5th, 2012 03:25 GMT


Earlier today Empire|Beastyqt was the first foreign Terran to be crowned a champion of a TSL4 qualifier. He did so by taking out d.KiLLeR in the semi-finals and then BabyKnight 3-1 in the finals in a series that combined both insatiable greed builds and quick cheese. We got his thoughts after the games were over and as the implications of a TSL4 spot began to sink in.

#11: EU/NA Qualifier 8


When the dust settled, this was who on top. Top 32 bracket on Liquipedia.

1stEmpire|Beastyqt
2ndBabyKnight
3rd-4thROG.Elfi
3rd-4thd.KiLLeR
5th-8thAcer.bly
5th-8thQuantic.Ddoro
5th-8thd.Bischu
5th-8thcoL.qxc


Full bracket - Thread


Interview with Empire|Beastyqt



Congratulations of qualifying for TSL4!


Thanks!



Please introduce yourself for everyone who might not be familiar with your work!


Hey everyone, my name is Aleksandar Krstic 21 year old coming from Serbia! My ID in SC2 is Beastyqt (not BeastyQT ) and I play Terran for Team Empire.



You had quite a few points coming in to this qualifier, but you were still out of the Round of 8. Were you feeling confident about your chances of qualifying?


I lost twice before to all-ins in Bo3 games, but I always thought that I can win TSL4 qualifier, I'm usually always very confident in my play when I really focus on it. Time was running out since there were less and less qualifiers but I'm glad I made it.



How was your qualifier run overall? Any good games people should watch in the replays?


I think games today were pretty straight forward standard play, my favorite 2 games were vs Cytoplasm G1 and G3 (ends funny). But if you like macro style Terran with a lot of multitasking action check all the games.



In the semi-finals you faced d.KiLLeR, were you comfortable with the match-up considering you had beaten DIMAGA and Cytoplasm earlier?


I've been having very hard time with TvZ since the patch came like every other Terran, I tried many different builds and play styles but I think I finally found something that suits me best which is heavy aggression with good multitasking and trying to spread out Zerg forces and just try to win with superior macro. I think TvZ is still my weakest match, I hope it improves in future.



The third game looked really dicey for you, with broodlords between your third and natural, with lings flooding in. How did you come back?


I actually have no idea how he managed to get back into game after my banshee harass, I thought one push would kill him but he managed to get back into game and it was very close at the end. Key moment was when I killed greater spire while he was pushing so he couldn't reproduce broodlords. Another thing that was very important is multitasking during that 3rd game, I kept sending small bio squads to take out expos left and right which enabled me to win on end.



So into the finals, where you faced BabyKnight. How did you expect the series to go? Last time we spoke, you seemed to feel your TvP was improving rapidly.


I was pretty confident going into it. I played BabyKnight many times back in Europe so I knew his play style from earlier and I'm glad it didn't change TvP sometimes feels like rolling dice, some tech paths of Protoss can completely blind counter Terrans or Terran builds can completely blind counter them and get big advantage early game, its probably not my worst match-up but probably the one I like the least. It improved a lot last couple of months ago, I had about 20-30% win rate vs Protoss before which was really bad.



In game one, you both went for absurdly greedy builds. BK actually scouted your hidden expo at one point, but didn't notice it at the time. Were you aware he took an early third? In general, what were your thoughts on the mind-games of that map?


I knew since it was Daybreak he would either 6-8 gate all-in or double expand, I feel colossus 2 base all-ins are pretty weak on that map so if you double expand as Terran all you need to do is to make 3 bunkers and you are fine vs anything Protoss can do on that map. Daybreak often goes into late game so mining out your opponents 4th base is pretty good advantage to have going into late game. :D



In game two, you went for a two base all-in with some really clever positioning, but it was held off. What went wrong there?


Haha, my stim was 10sec away :D its really good build I just failed attacking without stim and my bio positioning was very poor in first fight.



Game three, what was your thinking in terms of BabyK's mind games as the whole thing played out?


I actually knew he will all-in from moment I entered his base because first 2 games he made a zealot and game on Entombed he skipped zealot and went for stalker which allowed me to do full eng bay block. Once I saw second stalker on the eng bay I knew it was a 4 gate since he had only 1 gas in his main base and I just confirmed it 30sec later with a scouting SCV at his natural when I saw no expo.



Still, against Bischu in the second qualifier, you fell in a similar situation. This time, Baby was perhaps even cleverer about it, especially with the run-by. What allowed you to hold this one off?


I think vs Bischu I just played really poor, I lost to 3 gate, and then second game I lost to 4 gate which should never happen, but better bunker placement and switching to marauders on time helped a lot vs BK.



In the final game, you switched it up a bit. Was it a spur of the moment decision, or do you keep that build in your pocket for situations like these?


After him doing 4gate in the 3rd game and losing, I thought he will FE the last game which is why I took a risk and it paid off. I noticed that he skips sentries in past games so I just went for all-in, I'm not a big fan of cloud kingdom vs Protoss late game also.



When you took the game, how did you react?


Haha, no Beasty roar this time. :D I'm just happy I got into TSL 4. Last year I think I missed TSL 3 by couple of points which I was disappointed about so I'm just glad I'm able to play it now. TSL 3 was really great tournament to watch and hopefully TSL 4 will be great tournament to play.



Speaking of that, your first real results came in those TSL3 qualifiers, where as you said, you came quite close to qualifying. Does it feel like your career has come full circle now that you're into TSL4?


I always have really high expectations from myself and unless I win something its a failure because no one really cares about second place. Full circle will be complete when I win major LAN or win TSL 4, I don't think any pro should strive to be "top 5" you should always aim for first place and I feel that when day comes that I'm happy with second place I will probably quit Starcraft 2, because being a champion one day is what is motivating me to practice and compete in this game.



The TSL4 field is becoming more and more set as the qualifiers go on. Who would you like to play in TSL4?


I would like to play Thorzain and SaSe from foreigners..from Korea no one seems interesting so far. ^^



And who else would you like to see get in?


I'd like to see everyone from Empire qualify, as far as other players go I didn't really think about it, but I think that there will be more upsets to come in the upcoming qualifiers.



Awesome! Here's one final question... were you really on the phone in G4?


My joke failed actually lol. I wanted to write "sorry was on phone, bitbybit was calling me", but he left the game. :D Still ended to be pretty funny I guess in the end.



Hahahahha. Ok, that's about it. Shoutouts?


Shoutout to my team Empire and all our sponsors Razer, Adidas, Intel and Seagate, thanks a lot to Ben "Mr.Bitter" Nichol for inviting me into the Razer house here in beautiful California. Thanks to my family and friends for supporting me and last but not least thanks to all of my lovely fans that are supporting me no matter if I win or lose, you guys give me a lot of motivation to keep fighting! And thank you for interview. (again :D)



Nice to speak again so soon! Now go celebrate American Independence day. You're the first person to qualify while playing in NA, do you know that?


Haha. USA USA USA!




Sponsors:
sponsor
TwitchTV is the world’s largest video game entertainment and chat community. TwitchTV features the top gaming personalities, players, tournaments and commentary, in addition to the most active and interesting discussions around video games. TwitchTV provides publishers and advertisers a platform to create long term engagement and commitment from gamers.

Learn more at www.twitch.tv
sponsor
Razer has been a pioneering supporter of e-Sports since its conception. It is in our blood and we are driven to further the culture of professional gaming in all that we do. We work hand in hand with our pros to forge weaponry for the players who stake their livelihood on podium placements. Our gear is designed to perform flawlessly in high-stress tournament conditions where winning is everything and mistakes cost championships. Those who compete with our equipment will attest – We live by our words: For Gamers. By Gamers.

For more information, please visit www.razerzone.com



Art by:

sponsor


Facebook Twitter Reddit
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 05 2012 03:32 GMT
#2
haha i like beasty, pretty well spoken. gogo! nice interview
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
July 05 2012 03:36 GMT
#3
No Beasty no win! :p

Really enjoying his personality from these interviews.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
July 05 2012 03:37 GMT
#4
He's a really cool guy! Good interview.
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
July 05 2012 03:41 GMT
#5
His play was so sick to watch today. From the two series I watched no one could hold a candle to him in a real macro game. Definitely made me a fan!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 05 2012 03:43 GMT
#6
thanks a lot to Ben "Mr.Bitter" Nichol for inviting me into the Razer house here in beautiful California


tell us fucking moreeeeeeeeeee
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
July 05 2012 03:46 GMT
#7
This Terran is really beast
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
TBA
Profile Joined December 2011
92 Posts
July 05 2012 04:07 GMT
#8
"sorry was on phone, bitbybit was calling me" LoL nice celebration
Grubby ~ MVP ~ TLO ~ TigerToss ~ GoD
Mario1209
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1077 Posts
July 05 2012 04:18 GMT
#9
haha, beasty is really cool :D
Co-Manager of Soviet Gaming * http://twitter.com/#!/sGMarioo * http://www.facebook.com/SovietGamingfanpage * https://twitter.com/#!/SovietGaming
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-05 04:29:36
July 05 2012 04:29 GMT
#10
This guy is awesome, cant wait to see more of him! Loved the bit by bit line
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
July 05 2012 04:35 GMT
#11
Beasty seems like a really fun interviewee
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
July 05 2012 04:43 GMT
#12
Beastyqt is awesome, one of the few pros that actually posts on TL in LR threads and such, that was enough to make me a fan before he started slaying nerds left and right. Cheering for him in TSL4 for sure.
Aosi
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada43 Posts
July 05 2012 04:48 GMT
#13
I like the attempts to create a bigger following for Beasty but until he shows his personality more, all his accomplishments will only be rewarded by 2-4 pages of comments.
Nothing is Trivial
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
July 05 2012 04:58 GMT
#14
beasty ^_^
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
July 05 2012 05:13 GMT
#15
Amazing player, amazing personality. Fighting~!
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
July 05 2012 05:15 GMT
#16
Qualifying for NASL, All kill in IPL TAC, And now TSL4 he's having a great run lately.
rOse_PedaL
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Korea (South)450 Posts
July 05 2012 05:39 GMT
#17
sorry was on phone, bitbybit was calling me

dammit EmpireBeastyqt
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MKP HWAITING ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
Mesha
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Bosnia-Herzegovina439 Posts
July 05 2012 05:47 GMT
#18
Congrats Beastykjuti.
Reality hits you hard bro.
Thobrik
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden1120 Posts
July 05 2012 06:13 GMT
#19
eastern EU terrans pretty stronk. Way to go Beasty <3
"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, Religion is answers that may never be questioned."
nukkuj
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Finland403 Posts
July 05 2012 06:19 GMT
#20
Radioactive Terran FIGHTING!

TSL4 seems to turn out just fine, even with ee han anti-timed patch.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 989
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings251
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
CosmosSc2 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45203
Shuttle 12242
FanTaSy 1441
Hyuk 974
BeSt 492
Horang2 484
EffOrt 253
Stork 221
Last 173
Zeus 145
[ Show more ]
Pusan 132
Soma 94
Mind 87
Killer 86
Hyun 73
ggaemo 67
sorry 67
hero 66
Sea.KH 53
Snow 49
PianO 45
Hm[arnc] 40
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 29
Aegong 26
zelot 19
JYJ 18
NaDa 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 9
Dota 2
qojqva1178
Dendi1101
XcaliburYe337
Counter-Strike
fl0m2844
byalli1052
x6flipin319
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu517
Khaldor46
Other Games
gofns36362
B2W.Neo1146
Beastyqt205
Hui .159
Livibee157
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2235
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 5m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 5m
Replay Cast
10h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.