• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:05
CEST 12:05
KST 19:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9282 users

[TSL] Protoss Invites - Page 5

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
265 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
cronican
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada424 Posts
February 05 2011 23:58 GMT
#81
What other protoss would you recommend? Tester hasn't been that stellar either.
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
February 05 2011 23:59 GMT
#82
On February 06 2011 08:57 Phayt wrote:
You know the more I think about it the less I like Genius as a pick. I think outside of his Blizzcon win he hasn't been that stellar. There were several better choices available imo.

But then again it's probably more about "invite the blizzcon champion" then anything else I guess.

Anyone else feel the same?



The only one I can think of is tester, and he's not been so good as of late as well. You think HongUn, Choya, Anypro, or GuineaPig would be better invites? There's just not so many korean server truly good protosses. Genius is fine
DarkRise
Profile Joined November 2010
1644 Posts
February 06 2011 00:00 GMT
#83
Zerg : FD, nestea, ret, Idra, july
Terran (Lot of choices) : Jinro, MVP, boxer, mkp
The_Piper42
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States426 Posts
February 06 2011 00:00 GMT
#84
I would like to see the response to these invites on Korean forums. I wonder if anyone even cares... I know I do!
Boxer, White-Ra, Grubby, Flash fighting!
DarkRise
Profile Joined November 2010
1644 Posts
February 06 2011 00:03 GMT
#85
On February 06 2011 08:59 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:57 Phayt wrote:
You know the more I think about it the less I like Genius as a pick. I think outside of his Blizzcon win he hasn't been that stellar. There were several better choices available imo.

But then again it's probably more about "invite the blizzcon champion" then anything else I guess.

Anyone else feel the same?



The only one I can think of is tester, and he's not been so good as of late as well. You think HongUn, Choya, Anypro, or GuineaPig would be better invites? There's just not so many korean server truly good protosses. Genius is fine


Choya is a no no due to the scandal (rock paper scissor) and not so popular among foreigners
Hong Un is cheesy so yeh not a good choice
Anypro and Guinea haven't have much of a success to be invited
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
February 06 2011 00:05 GMT
#86
Huk YEAH!
133 221 333 123 111
Phayt
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada346 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 00:07:23
February 06 2011 00:06 GMT
#87
I think Tester would be a better choice then Genius, but mostly for publicity, not because I think he's any more impressive (they're about the same in my eyes).

I'd personally really like to see guys like Choya, Squirtle, HongUn, maybe SangHo or Inca.

I dunno I guess there aren't really that many great protoss players that kinda jump out as being ahead of the rest, but I just find Genius to be relatively mediocre(relative to other top players and not players in general, of course)

bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 00:11:09
February 06 2011 00:10 GMT
#88
I can't help but think the 13 Korean invites kinda trivialise the hard work people are putting in week on week in the TLOpens (which only 15 people can do) but I guess if TL don't think its worth putting out an even playing field by hosting an open tournament on KR theres not much which can be done.
Enervate
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1769 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 00:18:59
February 06 2011 00:12 GMT
#89
On February 06 2011 08:37 niteReloaded wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:33 godemperor wrote:
I feel bad for TLO he is the only one on TL who has to work to be in TSL. But i does seems hes going to be there.

I'm kinda hoping (and expecting) that TL leaves one or two spare invites for when all qualifiers are over, and then run a huge poll on who to 'save' and bring into TSL3 in the last second. That way they can count on TLO having another good chance of qualifying, as all other big names that would compete with him in the poll will already be qualified.

I think TLO has basically already qualified, considering the points he already has. It's impossible for 8 players to get over 151 points when there's only 3 qualifiers left.

I can't help but think the 13 Korean invites kinda trivialise the hard work people are putting in week on week in the TLOpens (which only 15 people can do) but I guess if TL don't think its worth putting out an even playing field by hosting an open tournament on KR theres not much which can be done.

No offense, but I kind of feel like the players who qualified through TSL so far are going to be crushed by the Korean players. In my opinion, there have been a lot of obscure qualifiers through TSL. And you have to keep in mind TSL is not a one-day tournament (if I recall correctly) and many foreigners just aren't used to the preparing for a specific match like for GSL.
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
February 06 2011 00:13 GMT
#90
On February 06 2011 09:10 bmml wrote:
I can't help but think the 13 Korean invites kinda trivialise the hard work people are putting in week on week in the TLOpens (which only 15 people can do) but I guess if TL don't think its worth putting out an even playing field by hosting an open tournament on KR theres not much which can be done.


They have explained this a thousand times and maybe more. Due to technical and logistical issues it meant too much effort and too many difficulties to run TSL qualifier tournaments in the korean server, get over it.
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
February 06 2011 00:16 GMT
#91
On February 06 2011 09:13 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 09:10 bmml wrote:
I can't help but think the 13 Korean invites kinda trivialise the hard work people are putting in week on week in the TLOpens (which only 15 people can do) but I guess if TL don't think its worth putting out an even playing field by hosting an open tournament on KR theres not much which can be done.


They have explained this a thousand times and maybe more. Due to technical and logistical issues it meant too much effort and too many difficulties to run TSL qualifier tournaments in the korean server, get over it.


Just because thats how they justify it doesn't mean I have to think its right.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 00:22:51
February 06 2011 00:19 GMT
#92
Nice opening invites, 2 top Korean toss and everyones favourite Huk.

I'm thinking there'll be quite a few zerg on the roster, I'd be very surprised if they don't invite Idra, Ret, and Haypro given team/foreigner interest. Then I'm going to presume one of Fruit/NesTea and a Zerg from OGS, which given recent form would probably be Zenio.
Phayt
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada346 Posts
February 06 2011 00:20 GMT
#93
On February 06 2011 09:12 Enervate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:37 niteReloaded wrote:
On February 06 2011 08:33 godemperor wrote:
I feel bad for TLO he is the only one on TL who has to work to be in TSL. But i does seems hes going to be there.

I'm kinda hoping (and expecting) that TL leaves one or two spare invites for when all qualifiers are over, and then run a huge poll on who to 'save' and bring into TSL3 in the last second. That way they can count on TLO having another good chance of qualifying, as all other big names that would compete with him in the poll will already be qualified.

I think TLO has basically already qualified, considering the points he already has. It's impossible for 8 players to get over 151 points when there's only 3 qualifiers left.


It's still POSSIBLE actually, but it would require a near perfect distribution of the remaining points to specific players to propel 8 guys about 151 points, and that's assuming TLO doesn't get any more points himself.

Like Mana, Strelok and Kiwikaki have to take the remaining second place finishes, Ciara needs to get a Ro16, Adelscott needs a Ro8, Goody and Fenix both need to take Ro4 finishes and then a little extra in another tournament, and then somone like Stephano needs to get 2 Ro4s himself, or something close.

But that's ridiculous

Sinnq
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark75 Posts
February 06 2011 00:20 GMT
#94
Wow nice. Great players incoming!! TSL3 is going to be very, very hard to win.
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
February 06 2011 00:23 GMT
#95
On February 06 2011 09:16 bmml wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 09:13 mordk wrote:
On February 06 2011 09:10 bmml wrote:
I can't help but think the 13 Korean invites kinda trivialise the hard work people are putting in week on week in the TLOpens (which only 15 people can do) but I guess if TL don't think its worth putting out an even playing field by hosting an open tournament on KR theres not much which can be done.


They have explained this a thousand times and maybe more. Due to technical and logistical issues it meant too much effort and too many difficulties to run TSL qualifier tournaments in the korean server, get over it.


Just because thats how they justify it doesn't mean I have to think its right.


Then don't think it's right, just get over it and don't complain since it won't change anything and doesn't make any sense at all. It becomes pure trolling.
TaKemE
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1045 Posts
February 06 2011 00:23 GMT
#96
On February 06 2011 08:52 Phayt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:37 niteReloaded wrote:
On February 06 2011 08:33 godemperor wrote:
I feel bad for TLO he is the only one on TL who has to work to be in TSL. But i does seems hes going to be there.

I'm kinda hoping (and expecting) that TL leaves one or two spare invites for when all qualifiers are over, and then run a huge poll on who to 'save' and bring into TSL3 in the last second. That way they can count on TLO having another good chance of qualifying, as all other big names that would compete with him in the poll will already be qualified.


I don't think you have to worry about TLO not making it in. He's almost sure to get one of the spots from rank points at this point.



He is 100% sure to make it.
Cybren
Profile Joined February 2010
United States206 Posts
February 06 2011 00:29 GMT
#97
i'm more worried players like QXC won't make it through, but I haven't been following ranking points
The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
legendre20
Profile Joined November 2010
United States316 Posts
February 06 2011 00:32 GMT
#98
Awesome! 3 great players!! Can't wait to see who the zerg and terran invites will be
"Sen, lings are OP" - HelloKittySS /// <3 http://www.twitch.tv/legendre20 <3
Footler
Profile Joined January 2010
United States560 Posts
February 06 2011 00:41 GMT
#99
I would expect 4 or 5 zerg invites just because of all of the foreign zergs in Korea (Ret, Haypro, Moonglade) in addition to the 1 or 2 Korean zergs that will be invited.
I am The-Sink! Parting bandwagoner before it became a soul train.
Kazzabiss
Profile Joined December 2010
1006 Posts
February 06 2011 00:43 GMT
#100
On February 06 2011 08:28 DarkRise wrote:
is there a reason why only 3 out of 13 invites are protoss?

As Day9 said, alot of the foreigners already qualifying are protoss, AND there are much less Protoss of this caliber compared to Terrans.
ALL ABOARD THE INTERNET BANDWAGON
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs Jaedong
Afreeca ASL 4101
StarCastTV_EN66
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 259
Lowko108
ProTech34
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3443
Larva 1146
EffOrt 1044
BeSt 781
Horang2 682
Hyuk 539
soO 479
ZerO 348
Zeus 181
Stork 109
[ Show more ]
Light 80
Rush 78
Killer 71
Shinee 62
Hyun 35
Yoon 31
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 28
Bale 26
Terrorterran 22
PianO 20
Sacsri 17
Barracks 17
HiyA 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 705
XcaliburYe316
Counter-Strike
byalli829
Other Games
singsing1588
olofmeister1398
ceh9701
crisheroes196
Livibee177
Sick138
Mew2King49
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 39
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH328
• StrangeGG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1977
• Stunt427
Other Games
• WagamamaTV125
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
55m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 55m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.