• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:05
CEST 12:05
KST 19:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9258 users

[TSL] Protoss Invites - Page 12

Forum Index > PokerStrategy.com TSL3 Forum
265 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Elgren
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden31 Posts
February 06 2011 19:19 GMT
#221
On February 07 2011 02:12 Ikkuh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 01:28 Elgren wrote:
HuK??? What's he doing in TSL?
I feel like he's only invited because he happens to be on Liquid.

This player should have to take his chances to qualify with the other players, however I doubt he would be able to considering the quality of players in those qualifiers.


I am PUMPED to see some games between the koreans and the euro/americans tho. This will be so cool!


huk having 2 accounts in the korean ladder ranked 5th and 6th respectively is quite a good achievement



Considering he didnt have a chance to qualify im not going to complain and sure TL is right to invite players on their team to give them exposure.

However it is my personal opinion based on what i've seen in HuKs games that he has a far far way to go before I could consider him to even be a able to compete with the best european and american based players.

That's why I reacted when I saw he was invited. As I dont think he would have a good chance to qualify if he was forced to go through qualifiers.
Forgottenfrog
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1268 Posts
February 06 2011 19:36 GMT
#222
Glad to see NsP.Genius, Huk and MC in the tournament. Wonder why sSks wasn't invited? Great protoss lineup nevertheless.

Boxer will be invited, I can just feel it. Boxer has such innovative plays which makes it exciting to watch. Hail the emperor!
tbrown47
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1235 Posts
February 06 2011 19:52 GMT
#223
Wow... sick invites... gonna be awesome...
just here
Fallen33
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States596 Posts
February 06 2011 19:59 GMT
#224
Jesus christ, already an epic set of invites... hope that the terran and zerg invites can live up to this billing.
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hyperionnn
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Turkey4968 Posts
February 06 2011 20:23 GMT
#225
does tester refused to play in tsl, i think he should be invited
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
February 06 2011 20:25 GMT
#226
I'm guessing;

Zergs: Nestea, Idra, Ret, Haypro, MAYBE Fruitdealer or Kyrix

Terran: Boxer, Nada, MVP, MKP, Jinro.

God I hope I'm right....already one of the sickest tourney rosters ever, it can only get better ^_^
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
Elgren
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden31 Posts
February 06 2011 21:15 GMT
#227
On February 07 2011 05:25 Kimaker wrote:
I'm guessing;

Zergs: Nestea, Idra, Ret, Haypro, MAYBE Fruitdealer or Kyrix

Terran: Boxer, Nada, MVP, MKP, Jinro.

God I hope I'm right....already one of the sickest tourney rosters ever, it can only get better ^_^

¨

Well NO, actually it can't get much better then this. IM PUMPED!
Turgid
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1623 Posts
February 06 2011 22:56 GMT
#228
On February 07 2011 04:19 Elgren wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 02:12 Ikkuh wrote:
On February 07 2011 01:28 Elgren wrote:
HuK??? What's he doing in TSL?
I feel like he's only invited because he happens to be on Liquid.

This player should have to take his chances to qualify with the other players, however I doubt he would be able to considering the quality of players in those qualifiers.


I am PUMPED to see some games between the koreans and the euro/americans tho. This will be so cool!


huk having 2 accounts in the korean ladder ranked 5th and 6th respectively is quite a good achievement



Considering he didnt have a chance to qualify im not going to complain and sure TL is right to invite players on their team to give them exposure.

However it is my personal opinion based on what i've seen in HuKs games that he has a far far way to go before I could consider him to even be a able to compete with the best european and american based players.

That's why I reacted when I saw he was invited. As I dont think he would have a good chance to qualify if he was forced to go through qualifiers.

Which games have you seen? If you haven't been watching his stream very recently, you probably should, or you can't speak in an informed way about Huk. He's extremely good.
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Bulkers
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland509 Posts
February 06 2011 23:01 GMT
#229
No sSKS
harhar!
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany190 Posts
February 06 2011 23:07 GMT
#230
i thin the terran will be mvp obviously, boxer, foxer or maybe jinro. the zerginvites will probably be nestea, maybe fruitdealer, maybe idra .
Munk-E
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States672 Posts
February 06 2011 23:17 GMT
#231
I thought it would be 4 of each, with 1 five, but my protoss guesses were right, although I kind of expected Tester.

For terran I'm guessing Boxer, Nada, Jinro, MVP, and Loner.

For zerg, IdrA, Nestea, and I'm going to say July or Fruitdealer.

You recognise me because of my signature!
Essentia
Profile Joined July 2010
1150 Posts
February 07 2011 00:20 GMT
#232
On February 07 2011 04:36 Forgottenfrog wrote:
Glad to see NsP.Genius, Huk and MC in the tournament. Wonder why sSks wasn't invited? Great protoss lineup nevertheless.

Boxer will be invited, I can just feel it. Boxer has such innovative plays which makes it exciting to watch. Hail the emperor!


Why do people still talk about Tester like he's relevant compared to the other top protoss players? This is kinda an honest question because am I missing some big achievement hes had recently? I thought he was just hyped up like no other in the beginning and hasn't really lived up to expectations.
YoungNeil
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada328 Posts
February 07 2011 00:41 GMT
#233
On February 07 2011 09:20 Essentia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 04:36 Forgottenfrog wrote:
Glad to see NsP.Genius, Huk and MC in the tournament. Wonder why sSks wasn't invited? Great protoss lineup nevertheless.

Boxer will be invited, I can just feel it. Boxer has such innovative plays which makes it exciting to watch. Hail the emperor!


Why do people still talk about Tester like he's relevant compared to the other top protoss players? This is kinda an honest question because am I missing some big achievement hes had recently? I thought he was just hyped up like no other in the beginning and hasn't really lived up to expectations.

Well, he made it farther than either Genius or MC in the January GSL (Ro8, while the others made Ro16). I still don't believe he matches either of them in skill or total achievements, but clearly he's capable of getting good results.
NemesysTV
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1088 Posts
February 07 2011 02:13 GMT
#234
Go HuK!
kvn4444
Profile Joined September 2010
1510 Posts
February 07 2011 02:29 GMT
#235
I think tester might have been a better choice over genius, at least for me. Tester late game toss is really fun to watch. Other then that it is still a sick lineup of protoss. TSL3 shaping up to be real nice.
ntvarify
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States331 Posts
February 07 2011 02:46 GMT
#236
Yes! All my favorite protoss are here!
raser
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway301 Posts
February 07 2011 02:59 GMT
#237
GL all, will be fun to see koreans play in TSL
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
February 07 2011 04:30 GMT
#238
I'm a huge Genius fan and love watching Huk. oGsMC is just baller. I'm happy for the lineup. Go protoss users. Anyone predicting Idra for the zerg?...lol
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Deleted User 108965
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1096 Posts
February 07 2011 05:57 GMT
#239
do we know that tester didnt just turn down the invite?
Disciple....Top 3 control in Clarion County
Tommylew
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Wales2717 Posts
February 07 2011 07:10 GMT
#240
i actually think good choice, all three are easily top 5 protoss in the world. Poss top 3!!!
Live and Let Die!
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs Jaedong
Afreeca ASL 4101
StarCastTV_EN66
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 259
Lowko108
ProTech34
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3443
Larva 1146
EffOrt 1044
BeSt 781
Horang2 682
Hyuk 539
soO 479
ZerO 348
Zeus 181
Stork 109
[ Show more ]
Light 80
Rush 78
Killer 71
Shinee 62
Hyun 35
Yoon 31
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 28
Bale 26
Terrorterran 22
PianO 20
Sacsri 17
Barracks 17
HiyA 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 705
XcaliburYe316
Counter-Strike
byalli829
Other Games
singsing1588
olofmeister1398
ceh9701
crisheroes196
Livibee177
Sick138
Mew2King49
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 39
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH328
• StrangeGG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1977
• Stunt427
Other Games
• WagamamaTV125
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
55m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 55m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.