• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:45
CEST 23:45
KST 06:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6728 users

TL Climbing

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-03 01:02:18
September 04 2013 19:10 GMT
#1
I just recently found out more people actually climb on TeamLiquid. This thread is for anyone who climbs. Bouldering, Sport, Trad, Multi-pitch, doesn't matter. Discuss anything about climbing~~

Maybe you can found a climbing partner near you. Sign up to be on the list.
Climbers:
+ Show Spoiler +
Epoxide - Stockholm, Sweden 7b/7b+ boulder, 7a+ sport
0x64 - Tampere, Finland / Fontainebleau, France 4/5 boulder
Luckoftheirish - Washington D.C - United States 7b boulder, 6c sport
dUTtrOACh - Toronto, Canada boulder
CatNzHat - San Francisco, United States V4-V6 boulder, 5.11c/d sport
ASoo - Seattle, United States 5.12a/b sport
icystorage - Phillippines boulder
AeroGear - Montreal, Canada V4 boulder 5.12/+ sport
garbanzo - New Jersey, United States boulder sport
Culture - San Francisco, United States V5-V6 boulder 5.11-5.12 sport
Stratos - Czech Republic boulder
sob3k - San Francisco, United States V8 boulder
FragKrag - Santa Barbara, United States V4 boulder
EatThePath - Davis, United States V4-V5 boulder
kerpal - Newcastle, United Kingdom boulder sport
EpidemicSC - Riverside, United States V3-V4 boulder 5.11 sport
Spykiller - Elverum/Hamar, Norway
nojok - Seine, France
schaf - Aachen, Germany boulder
Axieoqu - Helsinki, Finland 6a boulder/sport?
Gonzo103 - Somewhere, Germany
Sterling - Seattle, United States V2-V3 boulder
IAmWithStupid - Somewhere, Russia iceclimbing
Hertzy - Tampere, Finland 6a sport
Keniji - Maastricht, Netherlands boulder
sharakorr - Singapore V5-V6 boulder 6c sport
PhiLtheFisH - Munich, Germany 6b/6b+ boulder sport
Rimstalker - Somewhere, Germany 7a boulder/sport?
mostevil - Yorkshire, United Kingdom 7a sport
Wrongspeedy - Portland, United States
GinNtoniC - Stockholm, Sweden boulder/sport?
ThirdDegree - Colorado, United States boulder
Stijx - Boston, United States boulder
Eschaton - Bay Area, United States sport
DemonDayz - South Africa 6a/6b boulder
EpidemicSC - Santa Barbara, United States V5-V6 boulder 5.11-5.12 sport
Arnstein - Trondheim, Norway 6c sport, 5b trad
Jetaap - Grenoble, France 6b sport
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4647 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 19:36:16
September 04 2013 19:16 GMT
#2
0x64 - Tampere, Finland / Fontainebleau, France
Current level 4-5

Practicing for a month after 15 years pause.

Bonus:
Parents living in the Mecca of bouldering, near Fontainebleau. Awesome opportunities to practice on holidays.
Fontainebleau rating is quite harder. When I pass a 5, in bleau I struggle to pass a 3.
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
September 04 2013 19:32 GMT
#3
D.C., USA

I primarily boulder (V7 / 7B) but do a bit of sport as well (6c).
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
September 04 2013 20:01 GMT
#4
I don't know what level my climbing is at, since I don't really care, but it sure is fun. Apparently, I'm pretty good at it, but I don't do it to compete.

Great sport. Excellent exercise, and quite thrilling the higher up you get.
twitch.tv/duttroach
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
September 04 2013 20:12 GMT
#5
On September 05 2013 05:01 dUTtrOACh wrote:
I don't know what level my climbing is at, since I don't really care, but it sure is fun. Apparently, I'm pretty good at it, but I don't do it to compete.

Great sport. Excellent exercise, and quite thrilling the higher up you get.

No location ?
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
September 04 2013 21:24 GMT
#6
Thank you for creating this thread!

I only started climbing a few months ago (July), but it seems my circus experience (flying & swinging trapeze, tumbling, russian bar, etc..) gives me a big headstart. Mostly bouldering v4-v6, and a bit of sport climbing at 5.11c/d. I climb indoors most of the time as I don't have a car to get around, but every once in awhile I do some bouldering outdoors in San Francisco.

I live in the East Bay Area, specifically Emeryville (same town as some of the EG guys moved to recently, maybe they'll start climbing). I climb indoors at Berkeley Ironworks every Tuesday and Thursday, and I try to make it down to Dogpatch Boulders on Sundays (amazing indoor bouldering only gym in the Dogpatch District in SF, just half a block away from where LANHammer was hosted).

If more people in the Bay Area are interested in climbing I'd love to organize a get-together for a day of climbing with fellow gamers.
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 21:58:45
September 04 2013 21:55 GMT
#7
Sweet, thanks for the thread and the heads-up, Epoxide.

I'm in Seattle, WA, USA. Just moved here, though, and haven't settled into a new climbing routine. Getting on that as soon as I have a job to pay for it .

I do mostly sport climbing, mostly topping out around 5.11b/c, with occasional forays into the 5.12a/b range if I can find a nice piece of slab (so I guess like 7a is my level on the EU scales?). I've been pretty lazy the last 6 months or so though, so I'm probably climbing below that level now.

-----

I'll cross-post the cool part of my showing off from the blog that started it all:

On September 03 2013 16:51 ASoo wrote:
A sequence of me on the Freelance Tramps variation of this untitled route on Mt. Lemmon (which I think is cool):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 22:07:35
September 04 2013 22:06 GMT
#8
Philippines
Level? idk, I haven't gauged myself yet
I focus mostly on bouldering at our legendary House of Pain!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


thanks for the thread

for something to talk about
[image loading]

me and my mates will be watching this :D our most experienced friend was supposed to enter the novice category but unfortunately (or fortunately) he found a job and was unable to continue to train for it. his job was in an another city. i'll try to post pics and share my experience about the first comp i'm gonna be spectating i'm also hyped to see our pros in real life!
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
AeroGear
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada652 Posts
September 04 2013 22:23 GMT
#9
In Montreal, mostly climbing at Allez Up!

Been climbing on and off for about 10 years. Currently working on 8a/8b(?) 5.12-5.12+
Pretty bad at bouldering, only sent a few V4

Hopefully convince the GF to go on a rock climbing vacation 0_o
Driven by hate, fueled by rage
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
September 04 2013 22:52 GMT
#10
On September 05 2013 05:12 Epoxide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 05:01 dUTtrOACh wrote:
I don't know what level my climbing is at, since I don't really care, but it sure is fun. Apparently, I'm pretty good at it, but I don't do it to compete.

Great sport. Excellent exercise, and quite thrilling the higher up you get.

No location ?


Oh, I'm on Toronto's East End. Whatever the lowest ranking is, you can put that for me
twitch.tv/duttroach
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
September 05 2013 01:06 GMT
#11
Currently in NJ, climbing at Doylestown Rock Gym. Look for the kid with a TL logo on his water bottle. I mostly boulder, but I know how to belay for top rope. I would love to have more experience outdoors, but I have no gear, and would also love to learn how to lead climb.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 05:57:51
September 05 2013 05:56 GMT
#12
I climb telephone poles at work.... does that count?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Culture
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada488 Posts
September 05 2013 06:19 GMT
#13
San Francisco, California (specifically dogpatch/mission cliffs). I climb around v5-v6, my co-founder ( https://sensortower.com ) climbs v6-v7. Lead 5.11s-early 5.12 I think that's around 7a~b in eurospeak! Feel free to ping me !
ftm
Profile Joined August 2013
Australia47 Posts
September 05 2013 08:35 GMT
#14
my god i love teamliquid
"Hell...ain't a man of 'em could catch you on a vulture Jimmy"
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
September 05 2013 09:27 GMT
#15
Thanks for the heads-up.

It's a wild shot but if any of you guys happen to be in the Czech Republic and you're into outdoor boulder/climbing, I'll be happy to guide you around since I've been to a few places. We'll be drinking pilsner while watching some old BW by the campfire. Homo is expected but keep it for the players/commentators/bunkie only.

So.. Czech Republic, lame outdoor boulder/climbing + outdoor broodbar. without the bar
En Taro Violet
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
September 05 2013 09:34 GMT
#16
I wish I could go boulder with you ~_~
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
September 05 2013 19:06 GMT
#17
Jimmy Webb sends his first 8c
http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68329

Here's a nice video from Swizzy:
http://vimeo.com/68538580
Dreamtime is such a majestic boulder. Off the wagon also seems like such a fun problem.
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
September 05 2013 19:18 GMT
#18
On September 05 2013 06:24 CatNzHat wrote:
Thank you for creating this thread!

I only started climbing a few months ago (July), but it seems my circus experience (flying & swinging trapeze, tumbling, russian bar, etc..) gives me a big headstart. Mostly bouldering v4-v6, and a bit of sport climbing at 5.11c/d. I climb indoors most of the time as I don't have a car to get around, but every once in awhile I do some bouldering outdoors in San Francisco.

I live in the East Bay Area, specifically Emeryville (same town as some of the EG guys moved to recently, maybe they'll start climbing). I climb indoors at Berkeley Ironworks every Tuesday and Thursday, and I try to make it down to Dogpatch Boulders on Sundays (amazing indoor bouldering only gym in the Dogpatch District in SF, just half a block away from where LANHammer was hosted).

If more people in the Bay Area are interested in climbing I'd love to organize a get-together for a day of climbing with fellow gamers.


Sweet, I just moved to the SF bay and boulder at Dogpatch most days! Should say hi!

I've bouldered consistent V8 in shape, but am in V6-V7 territory right now after being pretty sick for a while. Girlfriend also boulders with me, she's V4-V5.

If you see a 6ft white dude with a shaved head climbing with red shoes just inconspicuously say "TL" in a loud voice and see if I react :D
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
September 05 2013 19:21 GMT
#19
Three people in San Francisco now, you should all get together and climb~~
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 20:16:32
September 05 2013 19:57 GMT
#20
Santa Barbara, CA, bouldering V4ish (~6B-6B+?)

been bouldering for about a year now, but really interested in learning Trad :>

If anybody is in the area, I can show you around some of the infamous SB choss!
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub252
Nina 143
NeuroSwarm 122
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14084
NaDa 21
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto30
monkeys_forever0
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King40
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu690
Other Games
summit1g3778
Grubby3600
Liquid`RaSZi1967
shahzam576
WinterStarcraft419
C9.Mang0295
ToD288
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1110
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 15m
INu's Battles
13h 15m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 15m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.