• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:05
CEST 17:05
KST 00:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7560 users

[LP] Recruiting: Brood War Historian - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Community
58 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
September 27 2011 00:48 GMT
#41
I was actually the Drama club historian once... Good times lol

lol @roffles , good point.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 01:35:33
September 27 2011 01:35 GMT
#42
On September 27 2011 05:21 Pholon wrote:

Honoured by your offer but by "Historian" I did not mean it in the professional sense I'm afraid. I simply meant "someone would would like to add past events related to BroodWar to Liquipedia". You're of course welcome to help out or give us some advice, I'd be very interested in the angle you would have to offer, but we can offer no actual pay.



Yea, that's what I figured. I thought I'd try anyway. Hard time finding work now for historians (well, everyone I guess is having a hard time finding work.)

Hope the additions go well and we get a good Starcraft timeline set-up.


The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
blahz0r
Profile Joined December 2010
3030 Posts
September 27 2011 01:44 GMT
#43
For those afraid of the wiki coding and all that stuff, I wouldn't worry too much about it. After a few edits, you'll be used to it in no time. You don't have to commit much time to put in your share of information.

As tofu said earlier:
Man up and edit.

You could be a nobody like me who just wants to contribute for the sake of esports! Who needs coins when you can be a part of this awesome history.
Liquipedia
ZodaSoda
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1191 Posts
September 27 2011 07:34 GMT
#44
Anyone working on Team League / Pro League / Winners League
Please use the newly added http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Template:Team for LP1

Thanks ^_^
LiquipediaI'm the strongest Dragon that you've ever seen, You're gonna die motherfucker, I take up five screens. -Kraid
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
September 27 2011 07:45 GMT
#45
On September 27 2011 04:15 Roffles wrote:
Just hire GTR. The kid has his history down from back when he was 10.


So only 2 years?
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Arkaim
Profile Joined January 2008
United States63 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 07:47:29
September 27 2011 07:47 GMT
#46
On September 27 2011 08:08 GenesisX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 07:29 Arkaim wrote:
What does TLPD stand for?

I've dug deep into Starcraft: Brood War history before. I remember finding the Liquipedia wanting so I had to dig into quite a few threads. I even once had a bunch of bookmarks to threads chronicling some obscure Brood War facts. Sadly, those bookmarks are now long gone.

I've edited a sort of pedia thing before. Updated a bunch of outdated information and redid some old ugly looking formats into the newer cleaner version. I /can/ do it again. But, I'll need to think on if I have the time or energy to commit to that sort of thing again.


Team Liquid Progaming Database

Thanks, GenesisX.

I should know by Wednesday whether I've got the drive and time to commit to this endeavor.
Armathai
Profile Joined October 2007
1023 Posts
September 27 2011 12:37 GMT
#47
I'll apply, generally terrible at this sort of thing, but I'm willing to put in some time, even if I just end up copy-pasting stuff for people I don't mind ^_^

Looking for ArcticCerebrate formerly from @USEast
saritenite
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Singapore1680 Posts
September 27 2011 18:47 GMT
#48
Tempted to sign up, my BW knowledge is a bit more than average.
Shuray
Profile Joined July 2008
Brazil642 Posts
September 28 2011 02:34 GMT
#49
On September 28 2011 03:47 saritenite wrote:
Tempted to sign up, my BW knowledge is a bit more than average.


I feel the same way.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51545 Posts
September 28 2011 15:58 GMT
#50
Just sign up guys,you're BW knowledge improves this way.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
September 28 2011 22:29 GMT
#51
Dear all,

The response to this has been quite overwhelming and I've been so busy just replying to PMs and helping people start their work.
If I haven't responded to your pm yet: don't worry, I will.

Thanks again
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 19:56:33
September 29 2011 19:51 GMT
#52
kinda signed up...
contributing is fun!!! go try it out
FTD
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
September 29 2011 20:18 GMT
#53
Signed up and got started, the editing the page seemed overwhelming at first but after you get started you realize it is very simple to understand. Glad i took the dive otherwise idk if i ever would have learned how the pages work!
Arkaim
Profile Joined January 2008
United States63 Posts
September 30 2011 20:29 GMT
#54
Yup, I've also joined in the effort. It's actually a great way to become familiar with tournaments and such which had remained sort of amorphous for me before.

Planning to do some great things with Liquipedia. Despite what some may say about wanting everyone to switch over to Starcraft 2, I really doubt those same people would want the memory and records of their past passion to fade away.
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
March 12 2012 22:35 GMT
#55
Bump. Should i still just PM Pholon for work to do? is there a list anywhere? Idk what to do

but I wrote a program that takes lists of games in this format:

April 29, 2006!1
PanTech 3 vs% 0 Soul
Siva(Z)>Calm(Z)@Arcadia
Nada(T)>HwaSin(T)@815 III
Silver(Z)/Rock(P)>Vical(P)/TheWind(Z)@Iron Curtain

SamSung 3 vs% 2 SKT1
Zergman(Z)<Rainbow(P)@Rush Hour III
CuteAngel[Name](T)>Oov(T)@The Eye
Sigamari(Z)/Ever(P)>Midas(T)/Mumyung(Z)@Iron Curtain
Jju(Z)<Rumble(Z)@New Cultivation Period
Stork(P)>Boxer(T)@815 III
t*t*t*t*t*t*t*t*t*t*t*t*t*t*t

and converts it to Liqui-ready code.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
March 12 2012 23:19 GMT
#56
Apply where applicable imo :D

you could contact kjwcj who is working on an OSL I believe or else drop me a PM and we'll see
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
March 13 2012 00:04 GMT
#57
This looks awesom, good luck who ever is taking on this challenge and keep us updated with your work!

Oh and if need be, you have my axe!
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
leess033s
Profile Joined April 2013
Nigeria1 Post
April 10 2013 06:37 GMT
#58
ok

User was banned for this post.
1000
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
April 10 2013 10:20 GMT
#59
Great bump though. If anyone knows a lot or is willing to do something but is unsure how to and has been reluctant to contribute just go ahead and shoot me a PM or find me on #liquipedia IRC. We still want you!
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1032
ComeBackTV 838
SteadfastSC790
TaKeTV 516
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 790
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex 156
ProTech137
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49866
Bisu 2001
Horang2 1239
EffOrt 1009
Hyuk 600
Soma 589
BeSt 533
Mini 486
Light 431
Shuttle 427
[ Show more ]
Larva 336
ZerO 202
Rush 190
Leta 84
Mong 77
firebathero 73
Sea.KH 64
Snow 63
910 60
Pusan 46
Sexy 43
ToSsGirL 34
Yoon 27
Aegong 27
Bale 27
JYJ 26
Trap 22
Terrorterran 21
Shine 17
Rock 15
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8052
qojqva1241
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1530
Khaldor1129
Lowko456
Other Games
singsing1976
hiko1257
Beastyqt597
B2W.Neo464
Hui .196
Livibee194
ArmadaUGS141
XaKoH 131
Liquid`VortiX129
KnowMe112
Mew2King80
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 25
• mYiSmile111
• Gemini_19 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3269
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 55m
Online Event
19h 55m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.