• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7220 users

Asheville, NC Starcraft Players/Watchers?

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Gamgee
Profile Joined August 2010
United States135 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 16:39:29
September 16 2011 00:37 GMT
#1
Hey all, Gamgee here. Putting this here so no one misses it, but I've moved to Raleigh for work, and can no longer really do much to help the Asheville Barcraft scene grow. I did pop into the AshevilleNC starcraft channel (join it if you haven't yet!) and LucidInterval did mention that he and another fellow are looking at doing something for the summer MLGs. I've still got some friends in the area, so I hope to see some awesome BarCrafting action whenever I visit Asheville again in the future :D For now, just keep an eye on this thread, get in the AshevilleNC channel, and hopefully something'll happen here in the near future!
-------------------------------------------------------
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/100144814925286345534/posts
Reddit Thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/asheville/comments/kko4a/any_asheville_starcraft_players_interested_in/
SCII Chat Channel: AshevilleNC

Asheville SCII Players:
+ Show Spoiler +
Squig.999
Lucid.725
ReMiiX.304
Malkavian.698
Mtndrew.717
Flower.565
vVvRuFF.266
MMMig.489
JeBi.851
UNCjer.172
Mordoc.638


EDIT: Also, while this was mainly for SCII, I still find BW pretty interesting (although sadly my knowledge is very limited in that area), so feel free to post if you're one of the BW holdouts too :D While it might be easier to hold a viewing party/BarCraft for some of the SCII lans simply because they're in the western hemisphere's timezones, an OSL/ProLeague viewing party could be quite a bit o' fun as well.

Previous BarCraft:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Asheville BarCraft!
Where: City Billiards, 124 College Street, Asheville, NC 28801, 828-575-2266
When: Sunday, November 20 4:00PM-8:30PM
What: Facebook Event Link Reddit /BarCraft Thread Reddit /Asheville Thread
Sunday, November 20 at 4:00PM we will be hosting Barcraft Asheville for MLG Providence at City Billiards! The finals are scheduled to end at 8:30PM but last event lasted until about 9:30.

This weekend we will be having a giveaway, compliments of Rumble in the Bronze, with prizes including Jinx gift certificates and coaching sessions from some of our better local players!

Once again we would like to say a special thank you to City Billiards for having us!

How can I help?

Flyers will be linked here in just a few minutes. Put them up everywhere you can! I have full-color, glossy versions of the flyers on my person. Message me to pick some up! Be sure to upvote the Reddit thread and tell everyone you know!

Contact Info

Squig/Garrett can be reached in-game as Squig.999, by email (and Google Talk) at lgarrettiii@gmail.com, on Google+ as Larry Garrett, on Twitter as @MrFreeman and on Team Liquid as Squig. If you have any questions feel free to contact him or pop into the Battle.net chat channel "AshevilleNC"

Squig
Profile Joined August 2011
United States15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 17:59:49
September 16 2011 02:51 GMT
#2
You can certainly add me to the list. As far as even having a BYOB viewing party my place might be a suitable one.

Squig.999 - High Platinum Zerg
Lucid_Interval
Profile Joined March 2011
United States31 Posts
September 17 2011 15:29 GMT
#3
I'm a high Platinum Terran living in West Asheville. Barcraft would be cool around here for sure, I assume we'd have to find an owner/manager who's into the idea, but much stranger things happen in Asheville thats for sure! I'd be down to help ask around and my house would also be a great place for a get together. I'm going to add everyone who replies to this, would love to meet up with some local players. -Craig

Lucid.725
mentalinstra@hotmail.com
Lucid_Interval
Profile Joined March 2011
United States31 Posts
September 19 2011 06:49 GMT
#4
Maybe not a lot of Asheville players on TL forums. We should come up with some other ideas on how to locate and involve SCII player in this area...
Squig
Profile Joined August 2011
United States15 Posts
September 19 2011 17:36 GMT
#5
I will post to /r/Asheville today and I'm trying to build up from my RL friends. There are a couple people interested, but the majority of people don't have TL accounts or just lurk here.
ReMiiX
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States338 Posts
September 19 2011 17:38 GMT
#6
I go up to Asheville (well Lake Toxaway, close enough) every summer for about a month and I would love to get into some lans with you guys.
ReMiiX.304
GaTech CSL fighting!
Squig
Profile Joined August 2011
United States15 Posts
September 19 2011 17:41 GMT
#7
Reddit post is up. Click and upvote! Maybe that will help. :D
wncsnake
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1 Post
September 19 2011 17:50 GMT
#8
I am malkavian.698 I am a bronze league player/about to be Silver, and I am more than willing to work on getting a barcraft up and running in Asheville. Anyone have any ideas that might have some tv's we could use?
Gamgee
Profile Joined August 2010
United States135 Posts
September 19 2011 19:29 GMT
#9
Glad to see some more activity here I'll go ahead and update the main post with the new info, as well as that reddit post - I'd hoped to confirm about 10-20 people interested in the area, then start looking around at various sports bars with the added leverage behind of a known group of people interested which might give bar owners more of an inventive to give this a try (rather than an unknown number who *might* be interested). Basically, if it's a sports bar with WiFi, it's a potential BarCraft home, at least that's my understanding (as the former indicates they won't mind a group of vocal sports fan, and the latter suggests the internet infrastructure to handle streaming).

Also, one idea that I just thought of, maybe have an Asheville chat channel in SC2? Didn't even think of it at first, as I really haven't messed with chat channels in SC2 before, but maybe that might help us get something going as well.
VeiledAiel
Profile Joined July 2011
United States4 Posts
September 19 2011 19:46 GMT
#10
Gold league terran in west asheville here. I'm trying to head down to orlando to see it in person, but if I can't I'm definitely down to barcraft for it. And doing it for other events is a definite. Glad to help any way I can, just let me know what I can do. I spent this whole weekend watching sc2 since there was so much on, so am always down to find new friends to chill with and watch and play sc2. Don't remember my character code since I'm at work, but I'll post it when I get home tonight.
Mtndrew
Profile Joined May 2011
United States174 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 19:51:25
September 19 2011 19:50 GMT
#11
I live in Cullowhee, and I know there's at least one other person down here on TL. I'd definately consider driving up to Asheville for a barcraft.

Mtndrew.717 - Bronze Protoss
drewster1991@gmail.com
Squig
Profile Joined August 2011
United States15 Posts
September 19 2011 20:05 GMT
#12
Since we're starting to get a bit of response on this, what does everyone think of email as a means of organizing ourselves? I have a G+ but not a Facebook, so that's somewhat more difficult for me. Forum threads and Reddit posts are nice but I don't think they're well suited to RSVPing attendees for a viewing party.
VeiledAiel
Profile Joined July 2011
United States4 Posts
September 20 2011 03:20 GMT
#13
Clownbaby.771 for the record, now that i'm home and can see. Excited about making this happen.
ziggymondais
Profile Joined July 2009
United States238 Posts
September 20 2011 05:15 GMT
#14
I'm not a Starcraft player, but a huge fan (major RSI issues).

Anyway, I do have a bar that I might be able to get barcraft into if I can show an interest in doing it there. I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
Lucid_Interval
Profile Joined March 2011
United States31 Posts
September 22 2011 18:01 GMT
#15
Hey all checking in again. I've added everyone to my friends list and will msg people when I see them online. Ziggy can we have your character ID or email or something to talk more about using the bar for an event? We should organize some kind of meetup soon to get our core group together and talk about everything.

Shoot me an email if you want, I believe it was squig who i was talking to about making flyers and getting more people together so we have a strong core group of people that are interested in a barcraft.

Anyone have ideas for a mailing list, chat room, forum or dedicated community meetup of some sort?
Lucid_Interval
Profile Joined March 2011
United States31 Posts
September 22 2011 18:03 GMT
#16
Also, IPL 3 is soon... We should have a get together and watch some of it i work weekends but could do the finals if they're on sunday for sure...
Gamgee
Profile Joined August 2010
United States135 Posts
September 23 2011 13:48 GMT
#17
Hello all, sorry I haven't been too active with this - RL has been a lil' hectic. Been reading up on http://www.reddit.com/r/BarCraft/comments/jc8em/any_tips_on_how_to_start_and_run_a_successful/, which has a great number of ideas, and if anyone has any bar ideas, post 'em so we can start checking them out
Rainbow Cuddles
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States486 Posts
September 30 2011 09:28 GMT
#18
Add me to the list. Please update me if something like this actually goes down =]

Flower.565 - NA - High Master's
Squig
Profile Joined August 2011
United States15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-03 21:26:57
October 03 2011 21:19 GMT
#19
Okay, so here's the plan:

We would like to do a Barcraft for MLG Orlando but we're going to do a dry run for IPL3: Atlantic City! We will be hosting a viewing party at my home and the event will be BYOB/Snacks. Rather than putting my physical address up on the internet publicly, I'll be more than happy to give the details to anyone who PMs me in game or here on TL. We will get started Sunday afternoon around 4PM and the Semi-finals start at 5PM.

I can be reached here, in game at Squig.999, on Google+ as Larry Garrett or by email at unfortunatesquig@gmail.com

If all goes well and we have a good turnout we will discuss with some bar/restaurant owners about MLG Orlando for next weekend. :D


Please Note: I have cats. If you have allergies be advised!
Lucid_Interval
Profile Joined March 2011
United States31 Posts
October 05 2011 13:25 GMT
#20
I will be there Sunday afternoon with beer and food to share! Should get out of work around 4-5pm and will head over. Will be cool to meet some local players and hang out, hope everyone can at least make an appearance!
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM330
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 136
Rex 42
UpATreeSC 21
RotterdaM 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33998
Calm 3430
Shuttle 2301
Jaedong 1732
Mini 635
Horang2 578
EffOrt 500
Soma 321
Rush 293
Stork 289
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 251
ZerO 219
Larva 217
BeSt 187
Snow 161
firebathero 116
Mong 100
Zeus 91
910 81
hero 79
Mind 71
sorry 44
Hyun 43
Free 37
Shinee 36
Sharp 35
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 28
PianO 24
Killer 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 21
Bale 19
Terrorterran 18
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Hm[arnc] 10
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5693
Dendi1247
420jenkins228
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
x6flipin640
Fnx 78
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2146
Liquid`RaSZi1222
hiko655
B2W.Neo647
dupreeh511
ceh9345
crisheroes323
Khaldor291
Livibee196
TKL 173
QueenE111
Trikslyr93
Dewaltoss62
ZerO(Twitch)16
Beastyqt12
C9.Mang00
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3560
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Nemesis2621
Other Games
• Shiphtur755
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 57m
INu's Battles
18h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 57m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.