• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:46
CEST 11:46
KST 18:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6586 users

Swiss Starcraft / Switzerland Scene

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 10:23:50
June 15 2011 16:07 GMT
#1
Switzerland, the true home of Chocolate, Alps, Cows and Mandatory Military Service.
We are a small nation, not much more than 8 million inhabitants, meaning there is an inherently small pool of youth-blood to draw on for compettitive gaming.

That's why this is here, to call out to all Swiss TL.net members, expat or not, to stand up and declare that you love esports. I want the Swiss scene to grow, to prosper (to exist??) , and we can only really do that if we unite and get more involved.


Battle.net 2.0 EU has no national rankings so I can't look at those and be sad, but seriously WHY THE HELL are there only less than 10 active swiss players I want these rankings FULL!


Especially with the influx from SC2 I've seen many more post from [Location=Switzerland], we really need to get this thing going guys!


TL;DR :
If you are in any way Swiss, come out and post here so we can get stuff going!

For the sake of the scene, we should accept anyone who feels like being a part of the Swiss scene, so it's ok if you live right next door, are originally Swiss but don't currently reside there, or even if you lived there for more than 6 months and liked it! ((:

+ Show Spoiler [MY Swiss Starcraft Story] +
I didn't have internet as a kid, and I only really got sufficent acces to play regularly online about 5 years ago. Starcraft, along with other countless games, were always around the house, courtesy of my older brother, and if I'd gotten to TL and the Korean scene sooner I am completely certain I'd have (tired to) become a progamer, and my prospects for college would be crap, so I'm glad I didn't do that.

Around 5 years ago I found the lovely iCCup and checked out the Swiss national rankings. It appeared to me that most of the top national players were in clan [ZzoA], so after laddering, reading TL.net strats and overall improving to something other than D- level I joined the clan. Awesome fun, peeps like XanaX Lyan Ezo Azure oh such fun, but sadly I came back after a summer and it was over. My goal behind this was to reach national #1, but I only ever made it to #4 with Terran C- (with Toss I'm confident I'd have gotten #1, but I have self-respect).

Now, 2 years after my peak, I have 4 months of holiday before Uni (UK), and though I also want to do more useful things like get a job, I really do want to get Starcraft going seriously in Switzerland.

Geneva represnt! so go ahead and post in here so I know you exist, and LET'S FUCKING DO THIS!



EDIT:
Please post in this order (whatever you feel comfortable sharing)

Game:
Skill Level:
Location:
Activity Level:

So for me it's
SC:BW and a bit of SC2
C- (and Diamond)
Geneva
Medium, soon to be High


If you want to hang out and meet up online, come to Bnet 2.0 Chat channel "CH".


+ Show Spoiler [Desirables/BW peeps] +
bITt.mAN
Velr
blubbdavid
altered
FlopTurnReaver

earn your place on this list, I WANT A MEETUP SO FUCKING BAD
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 16:09:02
June 15 2011 16:08 GMT
#2
I'm swiss.

check out skilled.ch for some mildly active swiss sc2 nerds :p
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
mustache
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland309 Posts
June 15 2011 16:14 GMT
#3
hey checking in,

Game: SC2
Skill Level: diamond
Location: Langenthal
Activity Level: active, more 2v2 than 1v1 though
Railgan
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland1509 Posts
June 15 2011 16:19 GMT
#4
http://www.sc2ranks.com/c/600/
Grandmaster Zerg from Switzerland!!! www.twitch.tv/railgan // www.twitter.com/railgansc // www.youtube.com/c/railgansc
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 15 2011 16:23 GMT
#5
I'm Swiss but I currently reside in Canada ): I do visit and live for months in Switzerland when possible however~

https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
DrTZ
Profile Joined November 2010
Switzerland49 Posts
June 15 2011 16:27 GMT
#6
Hi

Game : essentially Sc2
Skill level : Platinum as a Zerg and Terran
Location : Rolle ( romandie )
Activity level : I mostly play 1v1, in ladder or with friends, but I really do not have so much time to spend for sc2 actually, should be better in september
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
June 15 2011 16:29 GMT
#7
Wow Torte, my respect for you came into existence actually increased!

Tragically growing up in Geneva in the internationl school got me to learn English French and Spanish, no Deutch or Switzer-Deutch, but I'm sure Google-Translate will ensure no crosover problems
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 16:33:28
June 15 2011 16:30 GMT
#8
Hi there.

Game: SC2
Skill Level: Diamond to low Master (I barely ladder at all, but I can beat some masters)
Location: Neuchatel, and Lausanne during the week (EPFL).
Activity: Not much atm, exams soon. I will play more after.
eNbee
Profile Joined July 2010
Belgium487 Posts
June 15 2011 16:34 GMT
#9
On June 16 2011 01:07 bITt.mAN wrote:
Switzerland, the true home of Chocolate


I'm sorry but as a Belgian I feel I must object to that statement.

GL finding fellow Swiss people though!
hmmmm
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 16:36:41
June 15 2011 16:34 GMT
#10
On June 16 2011 01:29 bITt.mAN wrote:
Wow Torte, my respect for you came into existence actually increased!

Tragically growing up in Geneva in the internationl school got me to learn English French and Spanish, no Deutch or Switzer-Deutch, but I'm sure Google-Translate will ensure no crosover problems


o_o! Really?

My passport says I'm from Lucerne and I get spammed monthly magazines about Switzerland all the time.

I love Switzerland and its quiet, quaint nature. I've been around the country during a summer camp trip for 3 months and experienced a time I never could have experienced before. It wasn't the mountains I loved or the food that grew on me. It was those rolling hills and prairies that were truly marvelous. Where the wheat was high above the knee and around you were just higher hills.

Felt like a sanctuary, it was so nice.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
borlee
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Liechtenstein246 Posts
June 15 2011 16:54 GMT
#11
hey im from liechtenstein, but whaaat u are c- and diamond?
i got like d+ and am master(ok recently dropped into diamond because i switched races^^)
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
June 15 2011 17:16 GMT
#12
On June 16 2011 01:54 borlee wrote:
hey im from liechtenstein, but whaaat u are c- and diamond?
i got like d+ and am master(ok recently dropped into diamond because i switched races^^)

It just means that he is not playing sc2 a whole lot.
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
June 15 2011 17:37 GMT
#13
Yea I know no SC2 builds and I've played like 20 matches in my life^^ (Won all except the last of my placement matches because it was my first SC2 TvZ :S)
I have always apsired to be C-, and I finally made it one season it's true SEE, so I like to think of myself as C- -level, though now I'm surely D+.

So what sort of stuff should we do? I've been all excited by the idea of Nation Wars. How about all commerate to "OP teamliquid" on iCCup and/or chat channel "Swiss" on EU.
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
June 15 2011 17:38 GMT
#14
BW: D
SC2: Silver (eat my ass and balls, fucking bronzies!!!!)
St. Gallen (Gossau)
Activity: Low, because.... (warning, platorepublic reference)
+ Show Spoiler +
Fucking ETH!


On June 16 2011 01:23 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm Swiss but I currently reside in Canada ): I do visit and live for months in Switzerland when possible however~



waaaaaaaaat?

I threw up
Jk

But I seriously have to digest this.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 15 2011 17:44 GMT
#15
Orome's in Switzerland, should see where he's up to :3
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
June 15 2011 17:49 GMT
#16
French but living in switzerland


Game: SC2
Skill Level: Master
Location: Lausanne (EPFL)
Activity Level: frequent player
geiko.813 (EU)
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
June 15 2011 17:54 GMT
#17
On June 16 2011 02:49 Geiko wrote:
French but living in switzerland


Game: SC2
Skill Level: Master
Location: Lausanne (EPFL)
Activity Level: frequent player


oh, you are at the EPFL too?! Im in "informatique" myself.
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
June 15 2011 17:56 GMT
#18
^
True love already in the making :S
Ah ALREADY this is working as I wanted it to (: Someone needs to set up a GoogleDocs for an Excell sheet of all the details, I don't know how to...
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
June 15 2011 18:00 GMT
#19
On June 16 2011 02:56 bITt.mAN wrote:
^
True love already in the making :S
Ah ALREADY this is working as I wanted it to (: Someone needs to set up a GoogleDocs for an Excell sheet of all the details, I don't know how to...

Just update the informations in the OP, should be enough.
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
June 15 2011 18:01 GMT
#20
On June 16 2011 02:54 Roggay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 02:49 Geiko wrote:
French but living in switzerland


Game: SC2
Skill Level: Master
Location: Lausanne (EPFL)
Activity Level: frequent player


oh, you are at the EPFL too?! Im in "informatique" myself.


"Génie Civil" ^^
geiko.813 (EU)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1361
Bisu 1176
Soma 565
EffOrt 209
hero 195
Pusan 148
HiyA 78
soO 66
ZerO 62
Stork 44
[ Show more ]
Killer 41
sorry 36
Shinee 35
Rush 34
Bale 31
Sharp 25
Mong 24
Noble 10
Terrorterran 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc908
XaKoH 4
Counter-Strike
edward69
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft780
crisheroes767
Other Games
gofns47258
singsing1173
olofmeister1117
ceh9539
Livibee205
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick539
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream459
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 37
• LUISG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2362
League of Legends
• Jankos1658
• Rush1383
• Stunt379
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15m
Afreeca Starleague
15m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 15m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.