• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9836 users

Anna Prosser for Miss USA - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 63 Next
Religion threads are banned on TL. Further derailment will be met with immediate permanent bans.
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
May 11 2011 21:44 GMT
#121
sorry i voted for North Carolina.. wow
Thenas
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden107 Posts
May 11 2011 21:45 GMT
#122
Honestly I don't think that picture does her justice, I find her way more attractive on on the youtube videos, still 10x votes.
Go Anna!
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 21:52:24
May 11 2011 21:50 GMT
#123
On May 12 2011 06:33 Fenrax wrote:
I was one of the people who got a warning and I don't think it was justified. A model contest is exclusively about judging how a person looks so I did just that with the photo of her in the OP. And yes, it is very shallow to judge a person by his or her outward appearance but that is the way a model contest goes. I did that in a neutral way without even being close to being obnoxious or insulting.
The only insult I have seen was inside the warning PM from an anonymous moderator.

The OP also did not say that non-positive (I wasn't even negative) feedback is not welcome so I falsely assumed that it was one of those threads in which more than one opinion on the main topic was allowed.

I had about 5 different posts formulated venting about your warning, because it really is unjustified in my opinion. There are so many different words coming to my mind describing your post, but "insulting" and especially "obnoxious" do not belong to them.

@ NikonTC
The only thing I see at the official site are pics actually :p
NikonTC
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
May 11 2011 21:58 GMT
#124
On May 12 2011 06:50 clusen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2011 06:33 Fenrax wrote:
I was one of the people who got a warning and I don't think it was justified. A model contest is exclusively about judging how a person looks so I did just that with the photo of her in the OP. And yes, it is very shallow to judge a person by his or her outward appearance but that is the way a model contest goes. I did that in a neutral way without even being close to being obnoxious or insulting.
The only insult I have seen was inside the warning PM from an anonymous moderator.

The OP also did not say that non-positive (I wasn't even negative) feedback is not welcome so I falsely assumed that it was one of those threads in which more than one opinion on the main topic was allowed.

I had about 5 different posts formulated venting about your warning, because it really is unjustified in my opinion. There are so many different words coming to my mind describing your post, but "insulting" and especially "obnoxious" do not belong to them.

@ NikonTC
The only thing I see at the official site are pics actually :p


Well I've never seen one so I cant be 100% sure.

I don't see why its such a big deal for you guys though, Anna is a cool member of the community that's done a lot of nice stuff, you'd think you could just take a few seconds out of your lives to vote for her, rather than bickering and talking about the "sanctity" of a pagent show :p
"IdrA crushes the marine push, absolutely demolishes this 2 rax play. Would not be suprised to see a GG from IdrA at any moment" Day[9]
Pooka
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States140 Posts
May 11 2011 22:01 GMT
#125
Definitely voting because Anna seems like a legitimately nice and good person, and she loves Starcraft and the community. If that's not beauty, I don't know what is. Good luck!
ArturosII
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia54 Posts
May 11 2011 22:05 GMT
#126
It should probably be noted from the rules ""Miss USA" voting is open to people located in, and legal residents of, the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico." so it's not global voting.
Also it's not a model contest, it's a popularity contest.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy but I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
May 11 2011 22:06 GMT
#127
Voted GL Anna!
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 22:09:23
May 11 2011 22:08 GMT
#128
On May 12 2011 06:58 NikonTC wrote:
I don't see why its such a big deal for you guys though, Anna is a cool member of the community that's done a lot of nice stuff, you'd think you could just take a few seconds out of your lives to vote for her, rather than bickering and talking about the "sanctity" of a pagent show :p

If it were a big deal for me I would have posted more than just about the (in my opinion inappropiate) warning, don't you think?:p

I actually voted for her, I don't get why I am allowed to vote tho.
@
Arturos
So we have to vote via us-proxy?
XenOmega
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2822 Posts
May 11 2011 22:10 GMT
#129
Go SC2 community!

That being said, I have to agree that another picture would have been better. Or, that's just me and my weird tastes

Good luck!
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
May 11 2011 22:18 GMT
#130
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
garlicface
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4196 Posts
May 11 2011 22:20 GMT
#131
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?
#TeamBuLba
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
May 11 2011 22:22 GMT
#132
On May 12 2011 07:20 garlicface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2011 07:18 Hot_Bid wrote:
On May 12 2011 06:30 GenesisX wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TL have a policy against these things?

I remember a couple threads about people asking for people to vote for them for certain things (poker, dota-like-games, etc.) and they were closed promptly.

???

Yes we have a policy against these types of threads, but we made an exception for this one.

The perks of being a member of the community, eh?

It was some nexus of contribution, ties with community, media exposure, and general niceness.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Dezire
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands640 Posts
May 11 2011 22:25 GMT
#133
she should keep the look of those interviews forever, thats so good
BoxeR, HuK, IdrA, Minigun, MVP <3
Jakatak_
Profile Joined October 2010
United States117 Posts
May 11 2011 22:36 GMT
#134
I voted for her...I think twice..To vote 10 times in one day do you just keep hitting vote, enter the captcha, and submit 10 times?

I am not the hotkey/reddit/help noobs jakatak.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
May 11 2011 22:38 GMT
#135
On May 12 2011 06:44 Warpath wrote:
sorry i voted for North Carolina.. wow


can i remind you that this competition (miss state, miss america) is a more of a "popularity" contest and not a "beauty contest" or modelling contest. if you want to vote for "best-looking" women then you're better off looking at other competitions that are more based around that. in this particular contest theres a much greater emphasis on personality and personableness
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
fadestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States605 Posts
May 11 2011 22:39 GMT
#136
Why are people getting warned for not voting for her? This thread shouldn't even exist and now anybody who doesn't agree with it is getting warned? What?

I voted for her because I would like to support her, incontrol, and SC2 but I don't think anybody should be getting warned and banned for simply saying they are not voting for her or making extremely harmless jokes about not voting for her.
not a hero
Dsn4001
Profile Joined July 2010
Korea (South)106 Posts
May 11 2011 22:39 GMT
#137
Voted 10 times for Miss Oregon.
ReignExia
Profile Joined February 2003
Dominican Republic54 Posts
May 11 2011 22:41 GMT
#138
gl controled
ReignExia :D Reign coach :D Pain is temporary glory is forever
Ciddass
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany149 Posts
May 11 2011 22:43 GMT
#139
horrible picture, looks like a drag queen to me.

voted anyhow
Maliris
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Northern Ireland2557 Posts
May 11 2011 22:43 GMT
#140
everyone should vote x10 every day fort he sake of eSports... it is free advertising if she wins
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 579
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech82
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33054
Calm 3433
Shuttle 1115
actioN 223
firebathero 173
Dewaltoss 107
Hyuk 107
Barracks 106
Liquid`Ret 71
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 25
Bale 24
HiyA 24
Aegong 21
NaDa 21
soO 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8753
Dendi1164
XaKoH 387
Fuzer 107
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1296
fl0m1163
x6flipin448
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu34
Other Games
singsing2034
FrodaN1464
Beastyqt709
ceh9417
B2W.Neo400
mouzStarbuck310
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0163
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr73
Mew2King57
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie621
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 20m
Replay Cast
5h 5m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.