• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:04
CEST 14:04
KST 21:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9085 users

Interest in Minneapolis Midwest LAN tournament. - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
February 16 2011 19:02 GMT
#41
I'll be interested. I live in Milwaukee, but go up there quite a bit. Plus part of my company is up there so I could just stay for a week and work up there and be a nice change of scenery for a while.
jimmyjingle
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States472 Posts
February 16 2011 19:13 GMT
#42
I'd totally show up, even though I'm not really good. I don't really hear about many open LAN events in the tri-state area! is sc2 the only tournament game? you could really add to your numbers by including halo reach and stuff.

I get brain like a skull
JayMunger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States30 Posts
February 16 2011 19:20 GMT
#43
I'm in. I live in St. Paul!
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
February 16 2011 19:36 GMT
#44
hAHhA am I the only one that read metolopolis? :p
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
routinetrafficstop
Profile Joined October 2010
United States180 Posts
February 16 2011 21:25 GMT
#45
jimmyjingle your right and its something to consider. I was a big halo 2/3 lan-er thats something to think about certainly... however for the time being its sc2 only until the opportunity to add more games arises Thats also something to speak about at our development meeting:

I'm hoping to hold said meeting on Thursday sometime in the early afternoon.... 2 to 4pm however if this doesn't work out with most people i'll try between 8-9pm that eve. Whoever is interested in coming let me know what time works... if neither let me know and we may move the first meeting back one week just to make sure we have a good amount of people coming to help plan and help get this going!

Just shoot me a pm with your e-mail and i'll send ya an email and let ya know what time we choose and which place... as it stands the meeting will be either in Minneapolis or St.paul.

Hope everyone has a fantastic evening!

RTS
NA: NoobSaibot 941 Korea: 섹시한스웨덴 780
machination
Profile Joined September 2010
United States175 Posts
February 16 2011 21:35 GMT
#46
I'm from Minneapolis so I'd definitely be down to attend this :D
TerriBad
Profile Joined December 2008
United States146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 23:50:44
February 16 2011 23:47 GMT
#47
Just a couple extra things I thought I'd post.

Make sure you get in contact with the UofM pwn gaming club because I know that during the 2v2 tournament they expressed interest in hosting a 1v1 tournament sometime this spring/summer. perhaps a combined effort may be in order? or at least you can get their input if nothing else. They did have a really nice setup for the shoutcast/game broadcast which was really cool.

Also, the only complaint I had with the UofM tournament was the fact that a lot of people just left once they were eliminated, which was really too bad because I had made it to the semi final rounds of the tournament, so once I was eliminated there weren't many people to play games with. This is probably a product of a couple things: It was advertised as a tournament and so much a LAN. It was a one night deal (and I think they were about to get kicked out of the room), and there was no entry fee. Although I'm not saying these are bad things, I'm just saying that's why I think people took off right after.

It would be really nice to attend a LAN that was advertised as, like, an all night party, multi day thing. One great part of being at a LAN is the ability to play not only the main game (SC2) but also throw together some pickup games/small tournaments of some older/different stuff that doesn't get played online anymore. Naturally the focus should be on the SC2 tournament, and the final rounds should be hyped and hopefully everyone would want to take a break and watch them on the big screen.

Just thought I'd throw some ideas out there.

Additionally, assuming it's not some crazy finals weekend or something, I'll definitely be there, I've got family and friends in all the suburbs. I'll be driving up from Iowa City so if anyone needs a ride just shoot me a PM and if you're not too out of the way I'd be more than happy to come get you.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
February 17 2011 01:02 GMT
#48
I had no idea that there were so many minnesotan/midwesterners on TL! How bout this warm weather eh?

@ RTS: what sort of sponsors are you looking at? Is this going to be streamed?
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
routinetrafficstop
Profile Joined October 2010
United States180 Posts
February 17 2011 01:22 GMT
#49
yeah I hope to stream it... also as far as sponsors go: anyone who is willing to contribute money or gear as prizes for the participants... I think a drawing or raffle after the finals award ceremony will help keep people around too if we have a few prizes to give away...
NA: NoobSaibot 941 Korea: 섹시한스웨덴 780
Zeddicus
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States239 Posts
February 17 2011 01:25 GMT
#50
I'd be interested in attending. I wouldn't be much for the tournament, I'm no good, but would love a TL event in Minneapolis.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
February 17 2011 19:32 GMT
#51
On February 17 2011 08:47 TerriBad wrote:


Additionally, assuming it's not some crazy finals weekend or something, I'll definitely be there, I've got family and friends in all the suburbs. I'll be driving up from Iowa City so if anyone needs a ride just shoot me a PM and if you're not too out of the way I'd be more than happy to come get you.


Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Someone besides me plays scII in this town?

Check ur pms pls!
staplestf2
Profile Joined January 2011
United States147 Posts
February 17 2011 19:51 GMT
#52
i would also show up but not to play unless you want comic relief
"I live in Australia so it's a completely different set of rules. you need to be good at boomerang dodging and kangaroo boxing."
Hawbrook4
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1 Post
February 19 2011 00:22 GMT
#53
Definitely interested in attending, but more as an observer to avoid embarrassment over my play!

Nice to see the SC2 attention here in MSP.
tGFuRy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States537 Posts
February 19 2011 23:58 GMT
#54
This is fucking awesome I'm totally going! Finally a LAN in MN!
Always a Gamer
RedBarchetta
Profile Joined December 2010
49 Posts
February 20 2011 00:04 GMT
#55
I might be able to swing it if it was during the school year. I go to SJU. I could probably convince another couple of people to come down with me, though none of us are exactly pro lol.
ZvZ is like taking in turns of kicking each other in the balls|| I can learn to resist Anything but frustration I can learn to persist With anything but aiming low-Neil Peart/Rush
routinetrafficstop
Profile Joined October 2010
United States180 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 00:32:37
February 20 2011 00:29 GMT
#56
The tentative meeting time is 2pm at the tea garden in St. Paul... let me know if you can make it! Hope to see a lot of you there. Note the time could change if enough people cannot make it.

After this meeting i'll give an update of where we are at with the status of the event!

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

RTS

routinetrafficstop@gmail.com

Edit: There will be more planing meetings if you miss this one there certainly will be more... and there will be plenty of ways to help out with the tournament/LAN! XD
NA: NoobSaibot 941 Korea: 섹시한스웨덴 780
routinetrafficstop
Profile Joined October 2010
United States180 Posts
February 20 2011 20:32 GMT
#57
people have mentioned that an 8 pm meeting would work better let me know if a 2 pm or an 8 pm is better thank you!

RTS
NA: NoobSaibot 941 Korea: 섹시한스웨덴 780
tGFuRy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States537 Posts
February 21 2011 00:27 GMT
#58
8pm better xD
Always a Gamer
nushlong
Profile Joined September 2010
United States7 Posts
February 21 2011 06:29 GMT
#59
My office hours are 8-4:30 pm. If you make it at noon, I may be able to push in my lunch time /or/ I will be more than happy to do it after work almost anyday at the Tea Garden, else you can go ahead and shoot me an email

Thanks. Nushlong
SirazTV
Profile Joined May 2010
United States209 Posts
February 21 2011 18:26 GMT
#60
What day would this meeting be on?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 87
CranKy Ducklings17
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM801
IndyStarCraft 158
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 801
Lowko446
mouzHeroMarine 289
IndyStarCraft 158
MindelVK 23
Rex 14
TKL 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42442
Free 4911
Jaedong 1284
BeSt 575
Horang2 407
Soulkey 378
Soma 272
Zeus 241
Hyun 195
Last 135
[ Show more ]
sorry 125
Pusan 82
Mind 82
Shinee 50
Sexy 45
soO 36
yabsab 21
ToSsGirL 18
Aegong 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
zelot 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5277
Dendi810
XaKoH 441
canceldota44
Counter-Strike
byalli714
Other Games
gofns26470
singsing2195
Coldzera 704
B2W.Neo547
Pyrionflax273
ToD122
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV240
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 15
• Adnapsc2 14
• Gemini_19 10
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV434
League of Legends
• Jankos3439
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 56m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.