• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:02
CEST 21:02
KST 04:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9604 users

Interview with Zatic about the Teamliquid secret - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
jhNz
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany2762 Posts
December 13 2010 12:48 GMT
#61
epic intro! :D
http://twitter.com/jhNz
BeWat3r
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany182 Posts
December 13 2010 12:58 GMT
#62
Good job Take, as always. Keep up the good work about Esports and ofc about TL :-)
Writer and moderator for TaKeTV.net
Exathor
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia56 Posts
December 13 2010 13:38 GMT
#63
DEATH TO THE CONFORMISTS

ahahah i am the first one that did not express initial sentiment with everyone else, as such you are all bandwagoners to this amazing interview.

But really good interview TaKe, hope to see more of these soon!

damn.
Armathai
Profile Joined October 2007
1023 Posts
December 13 2010 13:40 GMT
#64
Nice interview! Most of it wasn't all that surprising, but a few new tidbits are always cool
Can't wait to attend a TL meetup sometime!

Looking for ArcticCerebrate formerly from @USEast
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
December 13 2010 13:58 GMT
#65
big announcement? :O

TSL 3?!?!?!

:OOOO

would be cool, but i'lls tay tuned for sure
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 13 2010 14:16 GMT
#66
On December 13 2010 11:10 Ideas wrote:
good interview. I met zatic at blizzcon 09 for a little bit. I sat next to him during the 1st BW cast for a few minutes. I don't think he really liked me at all lol

Aww no I am sure that's not how it went. I am terrible with Names/IDs and probably didn't catch yours.
Another likely explanation would be that I was terribly tired/hungover.

On December 13 2010 01:06 s.a.y wrote:
Didn't realize the bandwagon effect is so present in the forums, i must be the one of them

It's pretty bad imo, especially recently. Look at the replies to this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=175441

On December 13 2010 05:27 Defacer wrote:
It shuts down or discourages a lot of legitimate discussion. To be honest, there's certain players or members I don't criticize, simply because:

a) I know they have the freedom to troll me, without reprecussion.
b) Other posters will become immediately defensive, misinterpret my comments, and accuse me of trolling or being an idiot for having the audacity of questioning 'a pro'.

This is not how it works and it's unfortunate that you think so. As long as you are polite and you have a point you should feel free to post it. Look at this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=167392

No name poster gives his rather unpopular opinion about well known figures. But he does so reasonably and mannerly. Huge crowd of donkeys feels the need to jump all over his post. The donkeys, not the OP, are the ones that got warned/banned.

That being said if you criticize a well known poster/player and don't have a point you brought all the flames on you yourself.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
M155_G33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States470 Posts
December 13 2010 15:21 GMT
#67
T_T can't see it ATM cause the text is to small on my phone can wait to watch later on ^_^
"It can't be a NE Lan without any problems!" ~ "Starcraft is like sex. After a rough round, sometimes you just need that cigarette."
CoMMoDuS
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany507 Posts
December 13 2010 15:50 GMT
#68
yeaa great, December is usually my favourite month and now i gotta hope it passes by fast for THAT announcement!
There is no unemployment amongst overlords-Artosis
Sqq
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway2023 Posts
December 13 2010 16:01 GMT
#69
Keep your stuff comming TaKe, if I could have an RSS on your stuff I would, its so different from everything else and I love it!
Dead girls don't say no.
MasterOfChaos
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Germany2896 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-13 16:19:35
December 13 2010 16:16 GMT
#70
On December 13 2010 23:16 zatic wrote:
It's pretty bad imo, especially recently. Look at the replies to this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=175441

I don't think this thread is a good example of a bandwagon. My impression is that it's rather a group of high post-count users teaming up on easy pray. Which is probably even worse than a bandwagon since veteran users should know better.
We've had such teaming up threads for years. It's probably one of the points where TLs moderation is too forgiving.

In general it's hard to moderate posts which by themselves are not ban worthy, but together with many similar ones drown the good posts in a sea of mediocrity.
LiquipediaOne eye to kill. Two eyes to live.
Moxi
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
708 Posts
December 13 2010 21:39 GMT
#71
Worst intro on the planet, ever.
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
December 14 2010 00:14 GMT
#72
I agree with the bandwagon effect.

Alot of the time when a high profile poster makes a comment there are 50 replies whose purpose is to suck up to that poster. The most obvious ones are the red names and rekrul.
#1 Terran hater
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
December 14 2010 07:39 GMT
#73
Sexy Germans!

But year, realizing that a 2007 join date is a long time member makes me feel ooooold.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
December 14 2010 08:01 GMT
#74
pretty cool interview I never realized tl had that many staff.

Also I thought I read a while back that Meat was the boss not naz? dunno could be wrong
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
December 14 2010 11:55 GMT
#75
On December 14 2010 17:01 [GiTM]-Ace wrote:
pretty cool interview I never realized tl had that many staff.

Also I thought I read a while back that Meat was the boss not naz? dunno could be wrong

Meat and I are co-owners of TL.
Administrator
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 16:05:52
December 14 2010 16:05 GMT
#76
On December 14 2010 20:55 Liquid`Nazgul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 17:01 [GiTM]-Ace wrote:
pretty cool interview I never realized tl had that many staff.

Also I thought I read a while back that Meat was the boss not naz? dunno could be wrong

Meat and I are co-owners of TL.


maybe this should be in the "Ask TL staff" thread, but what do Meat do these days? is he still very involved in the site ect(not as a poster i mean)
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
December 14 2010 16:24 GMT
#77
He's more focused on liquid poker I'm more focused on TL.
Administrator
farseerdk
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada504 Posts
December 14 2010 16:47 GMT
#78
Very professional. This is what the level of content needs to be for esports to gain some real rep outside of the "netizen" kind of scene.
Perspective is merely an angle.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
December 14 2010 16:58 GMT
#79
I can see why many would believe there is a bandwagon effect on TL and in many cases its true because hell, just about everyone doesn't read the entire thread. They don't know the conversation and instead intrude upon it like a black sheep.

Here's the catch:

1. Some people are better at communicating ideas, better speakers, etc. You get the idea.
2. Sometimes they just beat you to the punch, so there isn't much more to be said. This happens more often than not. Why regurgitate something that has already been said, especially if they fall under category one?

It's simple logic. I guess it also helps when most of the veterans are well over the age of twenty and have lots of experience.

That's my defense at least because I agree with many vets regardless of their color. Great minds are allowed to think alike, although it can get monotonous quick. I for one don't kiss ass. Not even my girlfriend's ass. She can defend herself.

tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
December 14 2010 17:44 GMT
#80
I actually think zatic lowballed the staff count a bit. The subtitles were a little off at times, but not so much as to cause problems. Other than that, great interview.

Also, what took from zatic's comments about the bandwagon effect is this:
1) Always disagree with everyone in the community while talking with the community
2) Always agree with everyone in the community while talking with another community

IMO it should be the 11th commandment.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 723
UpATreeSC 120
JuggernautJason31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18687
firebathero 168
Rush 125
Dewaltoss 100
Sexy 25
Bale 13
yabsab 11
Djem5 2
Dota 2
Gorgc8170
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever108
Counter-Strike
fl0m1534
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1847
crisheroes1130
Liquid`Hasu750
XaKoH 153
MindelVK14
Other Games
Grubby3321
summit1g2866
FrodaN765
Beastyqt719
ceh9567
byalli197
ArmadaUGS188
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe160
Hui .143
shahzam95
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
StarCraft 2
angryscii 0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1580
League of Legends
• TFBlade1151
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• WagamamaTV238
• Shiphtur205
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 58m
Stellar Fest
17h 58m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.