• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:08
CEST 08:08
KST 15:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9441 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 168

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 322 Next
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
May 11 2011 12:47 GMT
#3341
On May 11 2011 05:38 Tschis wrote:
I was thinking of creating a thread to link all the translations (Portuguese-BR) I've done/Will do of the articles I find in TL and other news websites.

How helpful do you think that would be?
(I don't know how many Brazilians/Portuguese users TL has, does anyone know?)

Would I be allowed to bump it for updates?

Where should I create it, if I decide to do so?



Ignored =~
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
May 11 2011 13:09 GMT
#3342
On May 11 2011 21:47 Tschis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 05:38 Tschis wrote:
I was thinking of creating a thread to link all the translations (Portuguese-BR) I've done/Will do of the articles I find in TL and other news websites.

How helpful do you think that would be?
(I don't know how many Brazilians/Portuguese users TL has, does anyone know?)

Would I be allowed to bump it for updates?

Where should I create it, if I decide to do so?



Ignored =~


I think it would be more useful in the LP Feedback Thread?
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 13:10:55
May 11 2011 13:10 GMT
#3343
Am I late to the party? When'd zatic get his sexy fresh mule? :D

EDIT: Double post, sorry.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 13:23:18
May 11 2011 13:22 GMT
#3344
On May 11 2011 22:10 DivinO wrote:
Am I late to the party? When'd zatic get his sexy fresh mule? :D

EDIT: Double post, sorry.


On May 11 2011 07:49 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 07:22 57 Corvette wrote:
Zatic, why did you choose the mule as your icon?

My biggest contribution to Teamliquid was programming an army of robots who would download Broodwar VODs off Korean websites, create torrents off them, upload and seed them to the TL tracker, upload them to http://www.youtube.com/nevake , message other cool heads on TL so they could update the Small Vod Thread and probably more. Some of those guys even knew haiku and sent neat PMs to other staff members.
With the advent of SC2 not many people know about those days, but the mule fits in well with the robot theme I feel.



Beat you to it. Well, Kinda. I think he got it either yesterday or the day before (est).
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
May 11 2011 13:24 GMT
#3345
On May 11 2011 22:09 DivinO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 21:47 Tschis wrote:
On May 11 2011 05:38 Tschis wrote:
I was thinking of creating a thread to link all the translations (Portuguese-BR) I've done/Will do of the articles I find in TL and other news websites.

How helpful do you think that would be?
(I don't know how many Brazilians/Portuguese users TL has, does anyone know?)

Would I be allowed to bump it for updates?

Where should I create it, if I decide to do so?



Ignored =~


I think it would be more useful in the LP Feedback Thread?


I don't think it's related to liquipedia
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
viii
Profile Joined March 2011
United States266 Posts
May 11 2011 13:27 GMT
#3346
Does anyone here watch Gossip Girl? If so are you worth calling yourself a fan?
For those who came from nothing, and became something - DGK
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
May 11 2011 13:35 GMT
#3347
When did zatic changed his icon from Homer Simpson to a mule?
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
May 11 2011 13:39 GMT
#3348
On May 11 2011 22:35 2Pacalypse- wrote:
When did zatic changed his icon from Homer Simpson to a mule?


See 3-4 posts up
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
sTsCompleted
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States380 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 13:53:42
May 11 2011 13:53 GMT
#3349
Sorry if this has been asked before but...

Hot_Bid, will you marry me?
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 14:03:08
May 11 2011 14:02 GMT
#3350
On May 11 2011 09:16 SonuvBob wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 11 2011 07:40 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 07:37 1Eris1 wrote:
How much more power does being an administrator give then being a simple moderator?

Like, can Kennigit pull rank on Chill? Or is just a shiny blue bar made to trick the simple-minded into believing they have higher status?

Technically I'm sure he could, but it's never happened to me. There does seem to be a natural pecking order however, where I would make my case strongly heard and if he didn't back down I'd be forced to concede. I've never seen admin pull rank.

I'd imagine administrators discuss more high level policies, business deals and money. Money, membership, and "how can we get more value" kinds of things are never discussed at the moderator level.

Maybe they're not even talked at the admin level? I have no idea O_o

Yeah we pretty much just discuss the boring stuff. The ad slot, TSL/Liquid sponsorships, which sponsored threads to accept, any interaction w/businesses (which is mostly NDA'd), and overall site direction.


We also talk shit about the mods.

Nowwww that sounds like fun

Gratulieren Z
edit: ohh and it's fitting, cause you do sound like one
+ Show Spoiler +
just kidding et "sans rancune"
have/make a good tl
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 11 2011 14:14 GMT
#3351
On May 11 2011 22:22 57 Corvette wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 22:10 DivinO wrote:
Am I late to the party? When'd zatic get his sexy fresh mule? :D

EDIT: Double post, sorry.


Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 07:49 zatic wrote:
On May 11 2011 07:22 57 Corvette wrote:
Zatic, why did you choose the mule as your icon?

My biggest contribution to Teamliquid was programming an army of robots who would download Broodwar VODs off Korean websites, create torrents off them, upload and seed them to the TL tracker, upload them to http://www.youtube.com/nevake , message other cool heads on TL so they could update the Small Vod Thread and probably more. Some of those guys even knew haiku and sent neat PMs to other staff members.
With the advent of SC2 not many people know about those days, but the mule fits in well with the robot theme I feel.



Beat you to it. Well, Kinda. I think he got it either yesterday or the day before (est).

Actually months ago. But then the icon was to big. And with TL's usual pace it took several months to resize it.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 11 2011 14:15 GMT
#3352
On May 11 2011 22:27 viii wrote:
Does anyone here watch Gossip Girl? If so are you worth calling yourself a fan?

I used to be a fan when it was still on. But it's been so long since it was canceled.

http://teamliquidgossip.blogspot.com/
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
May 11 2011 14:27 GMT
#3353
How do the mods deal with people that have 1/2 posts who want a name change for streaming reasons?
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Neo7
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States922 Posts
May 11 2011 14:36 GMT
#3354
What kind of computers do TL Staff roll with?
What OS do you use?
What Browser do you use?
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
NostalgiaTag
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada508 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-11 17:55:37
May 11 2011 17:52 GMT
#3355
On May 08 2011 02:22 Tag wrote:
HI TL STAFF! <3 big hearts.

My question is who do I talk to to rename my stream under the non-featured stream list. Currently its called "LSgamers", an old project I worked on. I would like to rename it "Nostalgia".

If someone could change it, or give me a name to message to request!

Thanks you hunky men you!


In an effort to get my question answered ima quote it!! Mods I <3 uuuu

Also is chill from Calgary Alberta? That's where I'm from so seriously interested!

Edit: I promise to stalk him and send pics TL!!
Look for the flaw that lost the game not the flaw in the game.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 11 2011 18:11 GMT
#3356
On May 11 2011 05:38 Tschis wrote:
I was thinking of creating a thread to link all the translations (Portuguese-BR) I've done/Will do of the articles I find in TL and other news websites.

How helpful do you think that would be?

I think the majority of people on TL can read English. If you linked it to a Portuguese Starcraft website, then it would probably have way more value. That doesn't mean it won't help somebody.

(I don't know how many Brazilians/Portuguese users TL has, does anyone know?)

No idea.

Would I be allowed to bump it for updates?

Absolutely.

Where should I create it, if I decide to do so?

If you are translating BW articles - Brood War General
If you are translating SC2 articles - SC2 General
If you are translating both and/or non-SC artciles - TL Community

Hope that helps.
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 11 2011 18:15 GMT
#3357
On May 12 2011 02:52 Tag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 02:22 Tag wrote:
HI TL STAFF! <3 big hearts.

My question is who do I talk to to rename my stream under the non-featured stream list. Currently its called "LSgamers", an old project I worked on. I would like to rename it "Nostalgia".

If someone could change it, or give me a name to message to request!

Thanks you hunky men you!


In an effort to get my question answered ima quote it!! Mods I <3 uuuu

We don't allow stream renaming. You must have been renamed before we adopted that policy. I've removed your stream name so it will just say "Tag" now.- If you want your stream renamed, please get your TL name changed in the Website Feedback thread "Change my name topic". Your stream name will always follow your user name.

Also is chill from Calgary Alberta? That's where I'm from so seriously interested!

Edit: I promise to stalk him and send pics TL!!

Yes. I will be at the GSL finals party and likely any TSL 3rd/4th viewing party. I will not be at the TSL finals viewing party.
Moderator
NostalgiaTag
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada508 Posts
May 11 2011 18:23 GMT
#3358
On May 12 2011 03:15 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2011 02:52 Tag wrote:
On May 08 2011 02:22 Tag wrote:
HI TL STAFF! <3 big hearts.

My question is who do I talk to to rename my stream under the non-featured stream list. Currently its called "LSgamers", an old project I worked on. I would like to rename it "Nostalgia".

If someone could change it, or give me a name to message to request!

Thanks you hunky men you!


In an effort to get my question answered ima quote it!! Mods I <3 uuuu

We don't allow stream renaming. You must have been renamed before we adopted that policy. I've removed your stream name so it will just say "Tag" now.- If you want your stream renamed, please get your TL name changed in the Website Feedback thread "Change my name topic". Your stream name will always follow your user name.

Show nested quote +
Also is chill from Calgary Alberta? That's where I'm from so seriously interested!

Edit: I promise to stalk him and send pics TL!!

Yes. I will be at the GSL finals party and likely any TSL 3rd/4th viewing party. I will not be at the TSL finals viewing party.


Omg thanks Chill <3!

Yeah thast fine with the renaming, thanks!

Il try make it to the GSL party sounds like so much fun!
Look for the flaw that lost the game not the flaw in the game.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
May 11 2011 19:30 GMT
#3359
I recently requested a name change to Capybara to reflect the awesome rodent whose identity I have assumed when attending my daily lessons in humility on the ladder. In my request, I mentioned that the name was already taken but the user who had it had never made a post and was presumably inactive. From Hot_Bid's roundup post for the month, it looks like you guys have a script that attempts the name changes and dumps the results into a block of text?

My question is, was my name change request actually against TL policy? I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it was allowed to nab the names of accounts that aren't actually used.

My followup question: What does it say about a grown man with a family that his greatest ambition in life is contributing sufficiently to an online gaming community that his posts are ordained with a tiny picture of a giant rodent?
The frumious Bandersnatch
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
May 11 2011 19:43 GMT
#3360
On May 12 2011 04:30 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
I recently requested a name change to Capybara to reflect the awesome rodent whose identity I have assumed when attending my daily lessons in humility on the ladder. In my request, I mentioned that the name was already taken but the user who had it had never made a post and was presumably inactive. From Hot_Bid's roundup post for the month, it looks like you guys have a script that attempts the name changes and dumps the results into a block of text?

My question is, was my name change request actually against TL policy? I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it was allowed to nab the names of accounts that aren't actually used.

My followup question: What does it say about a grown man with a family that his greatest ambition in life is contributing sufficiently to an online gaming community that his posts are ordained with a tiny picture of a giant rodent?

Typically "names that aren't actually used" means he registered it years ago. Capybara was registered in 2010.
Moderator
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 193
ProTech137
Nina 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 218
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 38
ZergMaN 24
Noble 13
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 721
Other Games
summit1g9800
Sick189
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick839
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 45
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1122
• Rush1047
• Stunt209
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 52m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 52m
Replay Cast
16h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.