• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:23
CEST 20:23
KST 03:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9835 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 142

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 322 Next
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
April 13 2011 22:22 GMT
#2821
On April 14 2011 06:08 Bear4188 wrote:
I tried to search for this but I just got a bunch of threads of posters asking where the report button is.

When reporting a post we get that little text entry box and I'm never comfortable on what to put in it. Should we type in the rule we think is being broken? Summarize what we think is offensive in the post? Post a favorite family recipe?

Most troublesome to me is that it looks so small but you can seemingly type a lot into it :|

OCD-lite out.

For a normal situation (inflammatory post, bad topic, etc.) just a 1 line description is fine. Just describe it generally with something like, "lack of content." The worst are reports that don't describe anything or just say, "bad" or "troll."

If it's more complex, then you can try to squeeze in as much context as possible. This doesn't happen too often, and usually complex situations can still be described in a sentence or two.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
April 13 2011 22:35 GMT
#2822
On April 14 2011 06:08 Bear4188 wrote:
When reporting a post we get that little text entry box and I'm never comfortable on what to put in it. Should we type in the rule we think is being broken? Summarize what we think is offensive in the post?

Both of these are good. An ideal report explains succinctly (but clearly and with specificity, e.g. not just "this post sucks") why the reported post needs mod attention. The best reports might also include some background information the mod would find useful: has the poster been posting this way consistently? Has he opened three other bad threads on the same subject? Is his post sending the thread off topic? Is there another thread open that is a better venue for his comment?

Basically, just think about what you'd want to know if you had to act based on the report.
✌
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
April 13 2011 23:11 GMT
#2823
I just wanna say I'm impressed with the admin work on this site : ) really top notch! Be proud of yourselves! :D

My question: What resources do you consider cruical to have to be running a site as big as TL?
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
April 13 2011 23:38 GMT
#2824
On April 14 2011 08:11 TOCHMY wrote:
I just wanna say I'm impressed with the admin work on this site : ) really top notch! Be proud of yourselves! :D

My question: What resources do you consider cruical to have to be running a site as big as TL?

RAM
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
April 13 2011 23:42 GMT
#2825
On April 14 2011 08:11 TOCHMY wrote:
I just wanna say I'm impressed with the admin work on this site : ) really top notch! Be proud of yourselves! :D

My question: What resources do you consider cruical to have to be running a site as big as TL?

R1CHes.
Administrator
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
April 13 2011 23:57 GMT
#2826
On April 14 2011 07:35 JWD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 06:08 Bear4188 wrote:
When reporting a post we get that little text entry box and I'm never comfortable on what to put in it. Should we type in the rule we think is being broken? Summarize what we think is offensive in the post?

Both of these are good. An ideal report explains succinctly (but clearly and with specificity, e.g. not just "this post sucks") why the reported post needs mod attention. The best reports might also include some background information the mod would find useful: has the poster been posting this way consistently? Has he opened three other bad threads on the same subject? Is his post sending the thread off topic? Is there another thread open that is a better venue for his comment?

Basically, just think about what you'd want to know if you had to act based on the report.


Are we allowed to report posts that aren't bad?

For example, a post that should be edited into the OP, or an OP which becomes outdated and is lacking crucial information.
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
April 14 2011 00:02 GMT
#2827
Yeah anything that requires mod action is probably fine to report.
Administrator
LTT
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Shakuras1095 Posts
April 14 2011 00:07 GMT
#2828
On April 14 2011 09:02 SonuvBob wrote:
Yeah anything that requires mod action is probably fine to report.


So, pretty much any post in this thread that asks a question deserves a report? :D
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
April 14 2011 00:27 GMT
#2829
Psh, responding to the proletariat is purely optional.
Administrator
Hittegods
Profile Joined April 2007
Stockholm4642 Posts
April 14 2011 02:33 GMT
#2830
Until they raise up and revolt, haven't you learned anything about being the ruling class =\
This neo violence, pure self defiance
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
April 14 2011 02:35 GMT
#2831
Nope, too busy planning a land war in Asia.
Administrator
Bear4188
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1797 Posts
April 14 2011 04:21 GMT
#2832
On April 14 2011 11:33 Hittegods wrote:
Until they raise up and revolt, haven't you learned anything about being the ruling class =\


R1CH has magic. Revolts are meaningless in his domain.
"I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something." - R. Feynman
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 14 2011 04:42 GMT
#2833
On April 14 2011 11:35 SonuvBob wrote:
Nope, too busy planning a land war in Asia.


and the truth is revealed...

The Dark Lord will rise...
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 14 2011 05:07 GMT
#2834
Actual question. What is the oldest thread that is still active? When I say active, I mean not closed. I can find some from 2003 but no earlier. In addition is there an official history of TL thread. I found one from Pachi for the 2006 B'day but nothing else. Maybe my searching isn't up to scratch.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 05:16:12
April 14 2011 05:14 GMT
#2835
On April 14 2011 14:07 Probulous wrote:
Actual question. What is the oldest thread that is still active? When I say active, I mean not closed. I can find some from 2003 but no earlier. In addition is there an official history of TL thread. I found one from Pachi for the 2006 B'day but nothing else. Maybe my searching isn't up to scratch.

I found one earlier! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=35
Edit: Whoa mama, look how early this thread is! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=24
Edit2: I can hardly believe it but, I think I've found an even earlier thread! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=20
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 14 2011 05:23 GMT
#2836
On April 14 2011 14:14 n.DieJokes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 14:07 Probulous wrote:
Actual question. What is the oldest thread that is still active? When I say active, I mean not closed. I can find some from 2003 but no earlier. In addition is there an official history of TL thread. I found one from Pachi for the 2006 B'day but nothing else. Maybe my searching isn't up to scratch.

I found one earlier! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=35
Edit: Whoa mama, look how early this thread is! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=24
Edit2: I can hardly believe it but, I think I've found an even earlier thread! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=20


Thanks mate. That second one is amazing. Always nice to learn a little history about my favourite site.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
April 14 2011 05:37 GMT
#2837
On April 14 2011 14:23 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2011 14:14 n.DieJokes wrote:
On April 14 2011 14:07 Probulous wrote:
Actual question. What is the oldest thread that is still active? When I say active, I mean not closed. I can find some from 2003 but no earlier. In addition is there an official history of TL thread. I found one from Pachi for the 2006 B'day but nothing else. Maybe my searching isn't up to scratch.

I found one earlier! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=35
Edit: Whoa mama, look how early this thread is! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=24
Edit2: I can hardly believe it but, I think I've found an even earlier thread! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=20


Thanks mate. That second one is amazing. Always nice to learn a little history about my favourite site.

No problem, you can go through all the early threads if you want, they're indexed. When you look at the url this "topic_id="xxxx" where xxxx is the current thread; you can change this number to 1 or 14 or whatever
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 07:17:48
April 14 2011 07:17 GMT
#2838
Can staff see edits? Meaning what was originally posted and then what was added, changed or made?

Like, do the edits glow in red? In some forums you can't, was wondering if it's different here.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 07:23:20
April 14 2011 07:20 GMT
#2839
On April 14 2011 16:17 Torte de Lini wrote:
Can staff see edits? Meaning what was originally posted and then what was added, changed or made?

Like, do the edits glow in red? In some forums you can't, was wondering if it's different here.


not all staff can see edits (i cant T_T!) but mods can. But they can only see the previous edit. So if you edit your post 2 times they won't be able to see the original post.

So if you post something like "I love cheese" and edit it to "i love cookies" they will be able to see your infatuation with cheese and cookies. But if you change it from "i love cookies" to "i love milk" then no one will know your feelings for cheese.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 07:25:05
April 14 2011 07:24 GMT
#2840
Oh thanks for answering! That's a shame they can only see previous edits. Someone can do a major edit and only the succeeding minor edit will be seen.

Edit: P.S; you need your TLPD icon btw ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 610
UpATreeSC 134
JuggernautJason11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21421
firebathero 200
Rush 136
Dewaltoss 57
Sexy 28
Trap 20
Bale 16
Shine 15
yabsab 10
Djem5 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7665
qojqva1630
420jenkins149
monkeys_forever59
Counter-Strike
fl0m1545
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1931
crisheroes1133
Liquid`Hasu671
XaKoH 161
MindelVK14
Other Games
Grubby2539
Beastyqt764
ceh9761
FrodaN726
ArmadaUGS193
KnowMe153
Hui .148
byalli144
C9.Mang0133
QueenE106
Trikslyr71
Mew2King55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 7
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2288
League of Legends
• TFBlade1186
Other Games
• imaqtpie835
• Shiphtur259
• WagamamaTV247
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 37m
Stellar Fest
18h 37m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.