• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:24
CEST 01:24
KST 08:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10491 users

UK Starcraft scene - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
kar1181
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom515 Posts
September 06 2010 12:24 GMT
#41
On September 06 2010 16:45 trevabob wrote:
Does anyone in this thread live in London or know about the scence/lack of a scene there? I made a thread but it died


I live in London. There's a few players around but it's pretty disparate. Overclockers.co.uk has a fairly decent sized SC2 gathering on the forums there.
sCuMBaG
Profile Joined August 2006
United Kingdom1144 Posts
September 06 2010 12:26 GMT
#42
I will be moving to Preston soon. Some SC2 players in the area? or are any events or LANs in 2011 likely?
Adeeler
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom764 Posts
September 06 2010 12:35 GMT
#43
Adeel.209 feel free to add me. I play a LOT but haven't ever gone to lans or anything due to there distance to me but i'm in south london if anything goes on ever i'd be up for it I guess.

High Platinum, diamond sooner or later I guess but will take a while yet.
JBanKs
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom617 Posts
September 06 2010 13:47 GMT
#44
Adeeler, South london is not very far from Reading by train, I know a guy is trying to set up a small LAN event for the UK that is not i-series atm.
Ex-StarTale manager // @BanKseSports on twitter
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
September 06 2010 13:49 GMT
#45
On September 06 2010 22:47 JBanKs wrote:
Adeeler, South london is not very far from Reading by train, I know a guy is trying to set up a small LAN event for the UK that is not i-series atm.


Adeeler didn't take a 30 minute train journey to the last LAN near him on account of it being "too far" so I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with Reading.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44352 Posts
September 06 2010 14:08 GMT
#46
On September 06 2010 06:01 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Anyone from VdP still around??? i loved that clan. best clan ever

Ket is.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
JBanKs
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom617 Posts
September 06 2010 14:12 GMT
#47
ahh maybe he won't but I will make a TL post once its done :D! Hope it will be pretty good, could turn into a TL meet. anyway, more to the point, I am always up for some 2v2 or practice BanKs#455 is my user.
Ex-StarTale manager // @BanKseSports on twitter
harenzo
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom36 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 14:23:16
September 06 2010 14:17 GMT
#48
On September 06 2010 21:18 trevabob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2010 20:30 nibbles wrote:
On September 06 2010 16:45 trevabob wrote:
Does anyone in this thread live in London or know about the scence/lack of a scene there? I made a thread but it died


Do you know if the gamerbase in HMV in Picadilly Circus has SC2? I was thinking of coming down to meet up with a couple of friends


I'm not entirely sure (I'm going up to London for uni at the end of the month) but judging from the forum, I think they do have SC2... I hope it has bw too


They do indeed have SC2 (with accounts you can play on). I'm pretty sure they have BW on the list too. I have not seen many SC2 players there though, everyone seems to just play DOTA or WoW.

houck
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom102 Posts
September 06 2010 14:32 GMT
#49
If the UK had a sc2 clan, i'd most likely join it. Just not many people seem interested T_T
"If I don't lose! I'll win!" - Trump
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 06 2010 14:49 GMT
#50
On September 06 2010 23:08 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2010 06:01 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Anyone from VdP still around??? i loved that clan. best clan ever

Ket is.


ket is on liquidpoker, i never see him here.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
trevabob
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom350 Posts
September 06 2010 14:56 GMT
#51
@ harenzo

seeing as you seem to know London, is there much of a SC scene anywhere? decent LAN cafes? etc. much appreciated
harenzo
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom36 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 16:28:56
September 06 2010 16:25 GMT
#52
On September 06 2010 23:56 trevabob wrote:
@ harenzo

seeing as you seem to know London, is there much of a SC scene anywhere? decent LAN cafes? etc. much appreciated


Not that I know of . Gamerbase in HMV is the only proper LAN in London which is quite pathetic considering the population. I play there occasionally when I'm in the area.
archaik
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden32 Posts
September 06 2010 16:41 GMT
#53
My impression of the UK gaming scene is that Console FPS is the most popular genre with CSS and some CoD as the most popular PC titles. Bad tase if you ask me :p CoD4 for the PC is pretty good though.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44352 Posts
September 06 2010 16:50 GMT
#54
I've always thought we had a decent community, you just need to be on the inside. If you're connected then you're in contact with a lot of active, decent players and quite a few community events. It's just we're not that loud so random UKs don't notice us. Although Flicky's activities on tl should change that in time.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Pads
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
England3228 Posts
September 06 2010 16:58 GMT
#55
On September 07 2010 01:50 KwarK wrote:
I've always thought we had a decent community, you just need to be on the inside. If you're connected then you're in contact with a lot of active, decent players and quite a few community events. It's just we're not that loud so random UKs don't notice us. Although Flicky's activities on tl should change that in time.


chat channels ruined the UK community. Brood War GBR-1 used to be full a decent ammount of the time before you even started playing bw KwarK, there was even a full GBR-2 and a half full GBR-3 one time when I logged on. Those were good days.

On September 06 2010 06:01 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Anyone from VdP still around??? i loved that clan. best clan ever


i met a random UK dude from who played bw for VdP] like 6 years ago on sc2 the other day, so theres a few floating about. btw, hi dim, Legacy here
#1 Kwanro[saM] fan!
SomaliPirate
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom28 Posts
September 06 2010 17:14 GMT
#56
any one from birmingham uk here ?
I Will no i ShaLL be Good In ThiS GamE
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 06 2010 17:22 GMT
#57
hi pads :D did u catch his name btw?
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Deleted User 72834
Profile Joined April 2010
247 Posts
September 06 2010 17:24 GMT
#58
--- Nuked ---
trevabob
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom350 Posts
September 06 2010 17:56 GMT
#59
would there be any merit in making a "who is who in ICCUP season x" thread for UK people?
I'd be willing to maintain it etc if people thought it was a good idea
FireBlast!
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United Kingdom5251 Posts
September 06 2010 18:18 GMT
#60
On September 07 2010 02:56 trevabob wrote:
would there be any merit in making a "who is who in ICCUP season x" thread for UK people?
I'd be willing to maintain it etc if people thought it was a good idea


Sounds great.

I gotta admit my commitment to SC2 is declining after all these months having not really found a group of people to have fun and be competitive with, all my real-life friends just play casually or 2v2/3v3s and I find that gets tiresome really quickly. It'd be great to have a ring of UK-based Starcraft 2 players of all skill-levels, get to know each other and improve.
Victoria Concordia Crescit
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft121
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft121
Nina 92
ViBE83
SpeCial 38
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 174
Noble 63
Hyuk 60
NaDa 37
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm166
League of Legends
Doublelift4701
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox263
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4862
Khaldor666
Other Games
summit1g7994
FrodaN1844
Coldzera 784
shahzam531
JimRising 381
C9.Mang0282
KnowMe214
ArmadaUGS68
Mew2King55
Trikslyr41
PPMD39
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick652
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH361
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21284
Other Games
• imaqtpie767
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 37m
Online Event
11h 37m
FEL
16h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.