• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13401 users

DC/NoVA “Last Hurrah” BW and Sc2Beta LAN! - Page 16

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 28 Next All
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
May 12 2010 00:00 GMT
#301
On May 12 2010 08:44 CaucasianAsian wrote:
will we go for the late night menu or for everything?

Depends on how long the lan runs I guess. Also depends on what food we want. The selection is much wider during the day/evening, but it costs about twice as much.

However, this saturday! More noms! Same plan as last time yes yes?
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Issor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States870 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 01:11:44
May 12 2010 00:59 GMT
#302
So apparently when my friend says "oh dude that would be awesome!" he really means "oh no, i'm a total bitch and can't go jk lol."

So you can take one name off the list. I'll still go, hopefully.

edit: well, I might have convinced him to actually make an effort to go. I'll let you know closer to the 22nd.

On May 12 2010 07:01 StorrZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 02:39 Issorlol wrote:
On May 11 2010 14:21 StorrZerg wrote:
sweet, hehe now is the osl finals (or msl) that weekend? and is it after the lan (that night) or the night before?


The OSL finals (flash vs effort (sorry kal olol)... i'd like to see effort take it, but it won't happen) take place at 5:00 AM that day, so that shouldn't conflict. I'm really excited for the MSL finals the weekend after, though.

BTW, do any of the places that we'll be that day have age restrictions? My friend and I are both 17.


LoL its really funny you expect effort to beat kal, thats cute.
and for conflict that fucken sucks. Granted we could do what we did the first time, everyone avoid watching or looking at the games etc, and then we can possibly all go and watch them after the lan. That might be a pretty sweet deal

Age restrictions, no you guys are fine.


I'd love to see Effort beat Kal. I like Effort, but I honestly don't know much about either player. I know that in recent days Effort has been playing excellently (his ZVP is like 70+%?), so I figured he'd take it based on my little knowledge of either player. I'm good with Flash playing either of them, though, as I'm sure it will be entertaining.

Also, I'd totally be up for watching the games after the lan. That would be awesome.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
May 12 2010 01:53 GMT
#303
On May 12 2010 09:00 Haemonculus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 08:44 CaucasianAsian wrote:
will we go for the late night menu or for everything?

However, this saturday! More noms! Same plan as last time yes yes?


yes plis
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Vannion
Profile Joined May 2010
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 03:34:48
May 12 2010 03:27 GMT
#304
Also, I don't think I'll even participate in the tourney if space is an issue. Its been a good 10 years since I played BW. I'm perfectly happy meeting you guys and watching some games.

Really I'm just coming for the food
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 12 2010 03:35 GMT
#305
considering most people will want to eat at a reasonable time ie 5-7, i think 10 would be a bit to much and people would end up pigging out at the nearest fast food joint
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
May 12 2010 20:33 GMT
#306
well that means i can eat some kimchi dumplings then and some sushi
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
mav451
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1596 Posts
May 12 2010 21:18 GMT
#307
On May 13 2010 05:33 CaucasianAsian wrote:
well that means i can eat some kimchi dumplings then and some sushi


Kimchi in dumplings? Interesting :p
With no power comes no responsibility?
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 12 2010 22:17 GMT
#308
sounds bad i know

Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
May 12 2010 22:18 GMT
#309
me, hotbid and mango as likely for the 22nd please.
Moderatorsloppy little slug
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
May 12 2010 22:31 GMT
#310
Gonna be sick sick times indeed my friends.
Chains none
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
May 13 2010 01:13 GMT
#311
On May 13 2010 07:18 intrigue wrote:
me, hotbid and mango as likely for the 22nd please.


wait that was really hot_bid on the phone?
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
May 13 2010 01:25 GMT
#312
of course it was hot bid.

Quick little status update for all;

I don't care who's participating in the tournament(s) on LAN day. I highly encourage everyone to play regardless of bw/sc2 skill levels. they will be for fun no buy in (already will have LAN center fees) but there will be donations for a prize pool especially if we have an sc2 tournament.

There are over 80 pc's at the lan center and it won't be too crowded at noon so we should be able to pretty much take over the place like we usually do.

What I do care about is the dinner number.

I'm sending out a batch of PM's tomorrow to get a headcount on who's interested in dinner. (I would assume most that I have on the confirmed list here are interested) I'm going to be calling the restaurant and making a reservation on Saturday May 15th, right now it's looking like it'll be for around 25-30 people which includes a few tentatives that are likely to come.

Anyone who hasn't responded to their PM saying they are interested in a dinner seat by Saturday the 15th might not have a spot in my reservation!

Also I'm sending reminder PM's to the tentative list soon too.
Ironpuma
Profile Joined May 2010
United States5 Posts
May 13 2010 01:58 GMT
#313
I'm interested in attending. I'm fairly new to the SC scene, and I didn't discover this site until the release of the SC2 beta. I also only moved to Arlington a little over a year and a half ago, but i definitely want to get in on this experience.
SLoGgErDoGgEr
Profile Joined March 2004
Korea (South)340 Posts
May 13 2010 01:59 GMT
#314
shut up luckyfools lmao, anyways I think I'm gonna go, canceled my trip to vegas!
https://www.twitter.com/SLoGsc2
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
May 13 2010 02:00 GMT
#315
Amnesia and I are still tentative because we need his car ride. We will let you know ASAP whether we are able to attend or not.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 13 2010 03:45 GMT
#316
On May 13 2010 07:18 intrigue wrote:
me, hotbid and mango as likely for the 22nd please.


o man 22nd is going to be nuts. 3 reds in one place

i guess ETT has to come now lolz
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
May 13 2010 04:53 GMT
#317
this is gonna be wiillddddddddd

intrigue i hope u have more minerals to mine those last ones were awesome <3

also did you ever find your credit card? What happened with that?
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 13 2010 07:50 GMT
#318
what when did that happen?
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
May 13 2010 08:11 GMT
#319
I'm assuming it was AFTER you chucked a cup of ice cream at orb.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
May 13 2010 08:12 GMT
#320
when you were throwing ice cream around.

wait, there's over 25 people coming to DINNER this weekend?
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17052
Calm 1987
Shuttle 329
White-Ra 245
Mini 185
ZZZero.O 159
firebathero 73
soO 12
Sacsri 5
League of Legends
Doublelift427
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5116
Liquid`Hasu60
Other Games
summit1g8688
FrodaN2183
Liquid`RaSZi2104
fl0m1222
crisheroes305
Pyrionflax200
IndyStarCraft 199
Livibee186
ToD179
C9.Mang0110
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick999
BasetradeTV229
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
EmSc Tv 7
EmSc2Tv 7
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 28
• musti20045 26
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• Azhi_Dahaki38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1586
• Shiphtur670
• WagamamaTV313
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 47m
Replay Cast
1h 47m
OSC
14h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.