• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:39
CEST 12:39
KST 19:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10277 users

[Official] Neverending GOAT thread - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
August 27 2024 05:14 GMT
#61
We should also rank the 10 best GSL finals of all time

Some off the top of my head:
Jjajki vs Leenock
MVP vs Squirtle
Maru vs TY (idk which one)
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3554 Posts
August 27 2024 05:22 GMT
#62
Bitbybit scv pulls. Puma 1,1,1. Scarlett when tier 2 zerg mass muta could beat tier 3 terran. Rogue with invincible nydus. Maru also with scv pulls in hots. Tester with the trickster pylon trick. Bomber doom drops. Guru f2.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
August 27 2024 06:46 GMT
#63
On August 27 2024 14:22 ejozl wrote:
Bitbybit scv pulls. Puma 1,1,1. Scarlett when tier 2 zerg mass muta could beat tier 3 terran. Rogue with invincible nydus. Maru also with scv pulls in hots. Tester with the trickster pylon trick. Bomber doom drops. Guru f2.

Some of those were so genuinely disgusting haha. Others may have their personal hates, I don’t think any meta frustrated me more than the 1-1-1 meta. Maybe playing versus BL/Infestor, but my PvZ has always been my bad matchup, and my PvT my best. It felt especially sickening having my safe space invaded

I’d also add for Scarlett when her baneling bombs won an epic base trade game, and hey Bomber appears again!

Kiwikaki, a player probably most deserving of the ‘creative’ tag in terms of his tactical brilliance at times debuting the Archon toilet. Also the same player picking (I wanna say Stephano?) apart by being the first pro in a meaningful game to really use mothership recall to some of its potential

Liquid HerO versus Jaedong, IEM Cologne. A basically failed Soul TrainTM into an even more desperately all-in Soul TrainTM that leads to a legit 5-10 minute constant engagement where he breaks him.

What’s the Tester pylon trick? That’s the one I can’t recall. Indeed I can’t even recall Tester at all! Did he change nick at some stage?
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3554 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-27 11:56:10
August 27 2024 11:55 GMT
#64
On August 27 2024 15:46 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2024 14:22 ejozl wrote:
Bitbybit scv pulls. Puma 1,1,1. Scarlett when tier 2 zerg mass muta could beat tier 3 terran. Rogue with invincible nydus. Maru also with scv pulls in hots. Tester with the trickster pylon trick. Bomber doom drops. Guru f2.

Some of those were so genuinely disgusting haha. Others may have their personal hates, I don’t think any meta frustrated me more than the 1-1-1 meta. Maybe playing versus BL/Infestor, but my PvZ has always been my bad matchup, and my PvT my best. It felt especially sickening having my safe space invaded

I’d also add for Scarlett when her baneling bombs won an epic base trade game, and hey Bomber appears again!

Kiwikaki, a player probably most deserving of the ‘creative’ tag in terms of his tactical brilliance at times debuting the Archon toilet. Also the same player picking (I wanna say Stephano?) apart by being the first pro in a meaningful game to really use mothership recall to some of its potential

Liquid HerO versus Jaedong, IEM Cologne. A basically failed Soul TrainTM into an even more desperately all-in Soul TrainTM that leads to a legit 5-10 minute constant engagement where he breaks him.

What’s the Tester pylon trick? That’s the one I can’t recall. Indeed I can’t even recall Tester at all! Did he change nick at some stage?

Trickster. It was when you could make a 2x pylin wall at the bottom of the ramp. Then it was nerfes to requiring 3 pylons and ppl kept doing it.
Select did the same, but with bunkers.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Ciaus237
Profile Joined July 2015
South Africa288 Posts
August 27 2024 12:22 GMT
#65
On August 27 2024 14:14 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
We should also rank the 10 best GSL finals of all time

Some off the top of my head:
Jjajki vs Leenock
MVP vs Squirtle
Maru vs TY (idk which one)


Purely for the memes and narrative: Soulkey vs Innovation was the one that stuck with me most. Absolute scenes when the third consecutive roach bane allin rolled through the best mechanical player the game had seen
The time that we kill keeps us alive
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-27 13:12:08
August 27 2024 13:10 GMT
#66
On August 27 2024 14:22 ejozl wrote:
Bitbybit scv pulls. Puma 1,1,1. Scarlett when tier 2 zerg mass muta could beat tier 3 terran. Rogue with invincible nydus. Maru also with scv pulls in hots. Tester with the trickster pylon trick. Bomber doom drops. Guru f2.


On the subject of Scarlett and signature builds, Masa once beat her at an offline WESG qualifier final going proxy 4 rax marine every single game. I've never seen anything like it.

At least that's how I remember it, it seems to have been lost to time.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
allmotor1
Profile Joined December 2017
153 Posts
August 27 2024 13:48 GMT
#67
On August 27 2024 14:14 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
We should also rank the 10 best GSL finals of all time

Some off the top of my head:
Jjajki vs Leenock
MVP vs Squirtle
Maru vs TY (idk which one)


Wow, I haven't heard of JJaki in a looong time. I remember he was real solid for awhile and disappeared or dropped off pretty fast.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
August 27 2024 15:03 GMT
#68
On August 27 2024 14:14 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
We should also rank the 10 best GSL finals of all time

Some off the top of my head:
Jjajki vs Leenock
MVP vs Squirtle
Maru vs TY (idk which one)

DRG vs MMA still stands as a top 5 for me.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-08-27 16:05:00
August 27 2024 16:04 GMT
#69
On August 28 2024 00:03 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2024 14:14 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
We should also rank the 10 best GSL finals of all time

Some off the top of my head:
Jjajki vs Leenock
MVP vs Squirtle
Maru vs TY (idk which one)

DRG vs MMA still stands as a top 5 for me.

one of my favorite ones is also sOs vs Inno.
Just the machine trying to weather the crazy shit sOs throws at him and also going to g7.
Back then it also solidified Inno as the Goat
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1967 Posts
August 27 2024 17:38 GMT
#70
On August 28 2024 01:04 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2024 00:03 BisuDagger wrote:
On August 27 2024 14:14 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
We should also rank the 10 best GSL finals of all time

Some off the top of my head:
Jjajki vs Leenock
MVP vs Squirtle
Maru vs TY (idk which one)

DRG vs MMA still stands as a top 5 for me.

one of my favorite ones is also sOs vs Inno.
Just the machine trying to weather the crazy shit sOs throws at him and also going to g7.
Back then it also solidified Inno as the Goat


https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/616469-the-best-worst-final-sos-vs-innovation

A series so crazy, it deserved an article.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
Biedrik
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
United States94 Posts
August 27 2024 20:16 GMT
#71
On August 27 2024 14:14 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
We should also rank the 10 best GSL finals of all time

Some off the top of my head:
Jjajki vs Leenock
MVP vs Squirtle
Maru vs TY (idk which one)

Don't forget Parting vs He Who Must Not Be Named.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
August 27 2024 23:32 GMT
#72
Do we have a GOAT ranking meta-analysis yet?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3137 Posts
August 28 2024 20:36 GMT
#73
This thread is actually getting me to go down memory lane a little bit to think about my favorite players. What it's made me realize is that I haven't really had favorite players per se since WoL. In BW I had an intense devotion to Stork (a sad thing to have), then in early WoL I cheered very hard for a few players who would never really "make it." After I took my break from SC2 in the BW/Infestor era and came back, though, I never really did that again. I have a lot of players since then that I've liked and even loved, players that won me over and that I cheered for, but never a player that I've been a fan of in that sense where I cheered for them in everything over everyone no matter what and got upset if they lose.

Anyway, I can at least put together a pretty good (odd) list of players that I have at one point or other been attached to and cheered for...

Nony
TLO
Jinro
MC
MMA
Naniwa
Life
Mana
sOs
Neeb
Byun
Harstem
Reynor
Oliviera
herO
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
August 28 2024 20:53 GMT
#74
On August 29 2024 05:36 Captain Peabody wrote:
This thread is actually getting me to go down memory lane a little bit to think about my favorite players. What it's made me realize is that I haven't really had favorite players per se since WoL. In BW I had an intense devotion to Stork (a sad thing to have), then in early WoL I cheered very hard for a few players who would never really "make it." After I took my break from SC2 in the BW/Infestor era and came back, though, I never really did that again. I have a lot of players since then that I've liked and even loved, players that won me over and that I cheered for, but never a player that I've been a fan of in that sense where I cheered for them in everything over everyone no matter what and got upset if they lose.

Anyway, I can at least put together a pretty good (odd) list of players that I have at one point or other been attached to and cheered for...

Nony
TLO
Jinro
MC
MMA
Naniwa
Life
Mana
sOs
Neeb
Byun
Harstem
Reynor
Oliviera
herO

Yeah, Trap almost got there, but I think part of that was he was sorta the Protoss hope for such a long chunk that influenced it.

In terms of a player I’d religiously follow and be genuinely annoyed with losses I don’t think I’ve really had one since Liquid HerO

Which has both positives and negatives.

Not for hipster reasons, but I support an Italian team in football. So this lets me watch the English Premier League as something of a neutral. I do miss out a bit on emotional investment, equally I can sorta appreciate teams in a slightly different way. And because I don’t support an English team my workmates can’t make fun of me when they’ve lost at the weekend!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3554 Posts
August 29 2024 05:22 GMT
#75
Sorry, I'm just slightly annoyed that the only GOAT thread isn't a GOAT thread, so we're just quelling what I thought was a good discussion..

To continue in this: TY vs. PartinG, I believe is some of the most brilliant sc2 we've witnessed. Two very mechanically gifted(well practiced) players, having a battle of the mind.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
johnnyh123
Profile Joined February 2023
124 Posts
September 04 2024 06:37 GMT
#76
On August 27 2024 07:13 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2024 06:47 johnnyh123 wrote:
I like this thread, lots of great idea:
- Pitting certain players similar or very different from each other: e.g., MMA vs Bomber, Huk vs Naniwa, jjakji vs Clem...
- Favorite in each regions: e.g., NA/EU/KR/...
- WOAT: Worst of all time, I LOL

Some other ideas:
- WIAT: Worst influence of All Time, think Life, don't even want to talk about it
- MAAT: Most Abusive of All Time, think Innovation with Hell bats
- SOAT: Saddest Of All Time, think SoO with how ever many 2nd place finishes he has
- OTP: One Trick Pony, think early day Byun with Reapers
- BTAT: Best Throw of All Time, think Solar getting nuked, or Idra leaving a won game against Huk/MMA

There isn’t a huge amount of competition with biggest throw of all time and Idra leaving games, or perhaps there is! Be interested to have my memory refreshed!

Innovation I dunno if I’d have him as most abusive, because he was so bloody good anyway. A player like Roro perhaps who did jack shit outside of a particular meta. Parting was a quality player but if there’s a player who abused the most annoying aspects of Protoss it was him.



I threw out these ideas in the hope that someone would jump in and help me live some nostalgia. So bumping this haha.

I'm a Protoss player (or was), and Protoss has been, and will always be, the weakest race. So any Protoss that wins any game in anyways, is a win in my book LOL. So while I don't like Parting's style that much, but he is a win in my book lol.

Hence the reason I love Rain/Has so much, Rain is just the best Protoss at defending (and if you defend well, you will eventually win). Or Has, who throws so much chaos that he can sometimes win against players way better than him.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 10687
StarCastTV_EN310
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Lowko62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11305
Bisu 3090
Jaedong 2784
EffOrt 1050
Horang2 375
ZerO 340
Larva 260
Zeus 230
Pusan 229
actioN 146
[ Show more ]
Mind 127
Hyun 124
Barracks 85
ggaemo 75
Bale 45
Killer 44
scan(afreeca) 43
Sharp 39
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 25
Sacsri 23
Shinee 23
Hm[arnc] 22
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto75
League of Legends
JimRising 349
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1702
byalli279
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9657
crisheroes213
Sick181
Pyrionflax156
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 159
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV301
• lizZardDota2295
League of Legends
• Jankos1063
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
21m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 21m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.