With his shameful trickery of the brave and honest Creator, the evil Rogue moved one step closer to win the G5L trophy and as such tarnish forever the legacy of the GSL. The situation is dire as it's seems like nothing and no one can stop the patchzerg, and dire situation call for drastic action. If no players in the GSL can stop Rogue from leaving his slimy name the anal of SC2 history, only a single logical solution remain, to stop the GSL altogether .
I can already hear some of you, proclaiming that there are still many options in front of us, or that Rogue surely won't win another, but you are as blind to the future as Chamberlain proclaiming Peace for our time. Nevertheless, I know some of you just will never accept to see the train coming toward us, so allow me present the case for why we should all stop watching the GSL immediately and take it off air before the end of the next season.
1. They are a bunch of liars: The G5L was "allegedly" created to reward a player that conquered Starcraft 2 in Korea five time. But that's just a sham, how many time did you remember Maru kissing a trophy? Cause I sure count 7. We all remember Stats tragic 2020 GSL final against Rogue for a chance to win his 5th in Korea, but did they roll out that fancy trophy? Of course not. Even the origin of the trophy is smear in GOMTV controversy, as it only was created to relish in cruelty as Mvp entered the final with a broken back, only able to limp from his hospital bed to the computer as the producer teased his imminent defeat by flashing the trophy he couldn't get. And now, after all that, we somehow able to believe that perennial round of 8 losers Rogue is somehow already at 4 GSL trophy!? Please, if you can't realize that Afreeca won't give that trophy to anyone but a nydus abuser IDK what to tell you.
2. No more Kpop: For years, Kpop was a staple of GSL finals, with loud display of the country favorite bunch of nonsense before the players started to play. Nowadays, when you organized your whole week schedule around a GSL final, you don't have the delightful surprise of tuning and being warmly welcome to the stream by an hour of a bunch of 20 something women in bright flashing outfit doing somersaults while signing in a foreign language. It's almost like there's barely any reason to watch GSL outside of Starcraft anymore, they even replace the popular adds by segment peaking into players personality and whatnot.
3. The chairs are wrong for Maru: GSL has discriminate for years against short people by giving them inadequate equipment. This had gone mostly unnoticed until ByuN body broke on live TV. It has been while established that only the GSL desk produced such him, but not all players are as expressive as ByuN. Other players of similar size like Maru (pick to prove that Maru and BuyN are the same height: + Show Spoiler +
) have suffered long term injury because of the GSL recklessness. You can see the consequence of it by the fact that weird elongated giants like Rogue can play years and never have wrist issues while objectively better adorable little young man like Maru have a broken body at age 24. Should we continue encouraging such behavior? I think not.
4. Tastless lost his passion: Those of us old enough to remember the glory days of GOMTV Brood War coverage remember the soothing growl of his voice. But as his passion for SC2 disappeared, he just didn't seemed to have the dedication to stay committed to his unhealthy living habit. Apparently, he now only chain smoke a whole pack of cigarette on the days when he cast BW and you can really heard the difference.
5. Serral ain't even in it: lol can you imagine watching Starcraft 2 without the god king Serral? What's next, BW without Flash!?
6. You have a finite number of days on this earth: Watching GSL is a time consuming activity, robbing you of precious moments that would be better invested doing activity that stimulate your brain and create meaningful connection. Each second you watch GSL is one you could be using to compose complex dissertation on the state of pvz balance and why a particular protoss played much better and still lost.
7. Do you even remember how it felt not to wake up at 5h30 AM?: The GSL has robbed us of that blessed feeling of slowly waking up as the sun is already way up in the sky. They pretend that it has something to do with timezone of whatever. Lie. ESL has demonstrates clearly that there's nothing stopping us to enjoy Korean Starcraft at 2 PM in the afternoon in New York, well nothing if not the company lack of good faith.
8. soO is back: Do you really want to see him have another miraculous run only to get 12 pools in the final?