• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9128 users

Lilbow returns to SC2 joins Archangel Gaming - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
91 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
January 13 2021 11:13 GMT
#61
On January 13 2021 16:13 Harris1st wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2021 04:17 deacon.frost wrote:
On January 13 2021 03:08 coogerdark wrote:
I hope he comes back in good form, but as far as lingering resentment toward him as he's coming back goes, it wasn't like he quietly left the SC2 scene for OW. As far as I recall, there were a fair amount of parting shots from him at SC2 as a game while he was heading out the door.

OTOH it would be great to have a good Protoss winning something outside the Korea. And unless HuK or NaNiwa find their lost mojo and fully properly return(which is unlikely), Lilbow has the biggest chance. He was really good back then.

(OK, maybe Neeb can find his 2016 form again, which would be great)

Edit> Like c'mon, it happened 5 years ago, let it go. Also let Let It Go go!


You forgot a Protoss! I give you a tip:

Show nested quote +
a vertical structure, often made of stone or brick, that divides or surrounds something


+ Show Spoiler +
On January 12 2021 22:19 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2021 06:58 starvingbox wrote:
For newcomers to the scene, who exactly is this?


Someone that was "good" because of region lock and that everybody suck on like he was going to be the next great foreigner but had absolutly no chance of beating Koreans.

He won one WCS and placed a few time second i believe


Dude that is harsh! He won quite a few matches vs Korean opposition like JD, TY, ForGG, Rain, ..
.

Hmm, nope, didn't forget anyone. Like I get why people hype him, but do you really expect Showtime to win anything important? Since his 2016 WCS victory he didn't win any premier tournament. Don't get me wrong, he's good at winning weeklies and even some qualifiers. But once the tournament starts he somehow doesn't deliver for whatever reason. I would love to be surprised though, because I can see the possibility. Like my heat says yes, but brain says nope.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7420 Posts
January 13 2021 15:58 GMT
#62
On January 13 2021 20:13 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2021 16:13 Harris1st wrote:
On January 13 2021 04:17 deacon.frost wrote:
On January 13 2021 03:08 coogerdark wrote:
I hope he comes back in good form, but as far as lingering resentment toward him as he's coming back goes, it wasn't like he quietly left the SC2 scene for OW. As far as I recall, there were a fair amount of parting shots from him at SC2 as a game while he was heading out the door.

OTOH it would be great to have a good Protoss winning something outside the Korea. And unless HuK or NaNiwa find their lost mojo and fully properly return(which is unlikely), Lilbow has the biggest chance. He was really good back then.

(OK, maybe Neeb can find his 2016 form again, which would be great)

Edit> Like c'mon, it happened 5 years ago, let it go. Also let Let It Go go!


You forgot a Protoss! I give you a tip:

a vertical structure, often made of stone or brick, that divides or surrounds something


+ Show Spoiler +
On January 12 2021 22:19 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2021 06:58 starvingbox wrote:
For newcomers to the scene, who exactly is this?


Someone that was "good" because of region lock and that everybody suck on like he was going to be the next great foreigner but had absolutly no chance of beating Koreans.

He won one WCS and placed a few time second i believe


Dude that is harsh! He won quite a few matches vs Korean opposition like JD, TY, ForGG, Rain, ..
.

Hmm, nope, didn't forget anyone. Like I get why people hype him, but do you really expect Showtime to win anything important? Since his 2016 WCS victory he didn't win any premier tournament. Don't get me wrong, he's good at winning weeklies and even some qualifiers. But once the tournament starts he somehow doesn't deliver for whatever reason. I would love to be surprised though, because I can see the possibility. Like my heat says yes, but brain says nope.


This calls for a Foreign Protoss Power Rank!

1. Showtime
2. Neeb
3. Astrea
4. Mana
5. Nice
6. Drogo
7. Has
8. Harstem
9. MaxPax

I feel like I missed someone ^^

Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
VengefulTree
Profile Joined May 2014
Canada637 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-13 16:40:56
January 13 2021 16:29 GMT
#63
Nobody seems to be talking about Lilbow's peak form outside of "he was good for a foreigner".

Of course I'm a fan, but at the time the way Lilbow shred through his fellow foreigners was insane. He had the best killer instinct I've ever seen in a foreigner, especially knowing their tendencies to gain leads and then throw them away (qxc vs Jaedong I believe?).

I remember Lilbow doing things like cancelling 2/2 in a heartbeat the second he saw an opportunity to kill bunny. His blink all-ins in PvT and forcefield micro in PvZ were just ruthless.

Also, let's not forget he challenged Hydra multiple times, during an era where he just never lost against foreigners. He ended beating him 3-2 on it's way to his championship, including a game where he came back after being down 1 base to three, on the back of his forcefield micro.

+ Show Spoiler +


Of course he then fell off in Lotv but during the ending of Hots he was truly a special player.

EDIT : Added this crazy defense :

+ Show Spoiler +
"I'll temper my comments the best I can. To have Stats ranked anything below 2nd is total absolute bullcrap! A travesty an abomination!" - Rolltide | "When a foreign Terran is about to win, the entire universe conspires against him" - Paulo Coelho
dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
January 13 2021 16:57 GMT
#64
On January 14 2021 00:58 Harris1st wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2021 20:13 deacon.frost wrote:
On January 13 2021 16:13 Harris1st wrote:
On January 13 2021 04:17 deacon.frost wrote:
On January 13 2021 03:08 coogerdark wrote:
I hope he comes back in good form, but as far as lingering resentment toward him as he's coming back goes, it wasn't like he quietly left the SC2 scene for OW. As far as I recall, there were a fair amount of parting shots from him at SC2 as a game while he was heading out the door.

OTOH it would be great to have a good Protoss winning something outside the Korea. And unless HuK or NaNiwa find their lost mojo and fully properly return(which is unlikely), Lilbow has the biggest chance. He was really good back then.

(OK, maybe Neeb can find his 2016 form again, which would be great)

Edit> Like c'mon, it happened 5 years ago, let it go. Also let Let It Go go!


You forgot a Protoss! I give you a tip:

a vertical structure, often made of stone or brick, that divides or surrounds something


+ Show Spoiler +
On January 12 2021 22:19 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2021 06:58 starvingbox wrote:
For newcomers to the scene, who exactly is this?


Someone that was "good" because of region lock and that everybody suck on like he was going to be the next great foreigner but had absolutly no chance of beating Koreans.

He won one WCS and placed a few time second i believe


Dude that is harsh! He won quite a few matches vs Korean opposition like JD, TY, ForGG, Rain, ..
.

Hmm, nope, didn't forget anyone. Like I get why people hype him, but do you really expect Showtime to win anything important? Since his 2016 WCS victory he didn't win any premier tournament. Don't get me wrong, he's good at winning weeklies and even some qualifiers. But once the tournament starts he somehow doesn't deliver for whatever reason. I would love to be surprised though, because I can see the possibility. Like my heat says yes, but brain says nope.


This calls for a Foreign Protoss Power Rank!

1. Showtime
2. Neeb
3. Astrea
4. Mana
5. Nice
6. Drogo
7. Has
8. Harstem
9. MaxPax

I feel like I missed someone ^^


Maxpax between Nice and Drogo, otherwise accurate for me
MaxPax
Poaktree
Profile Joined January 2017
165 Posts
January 13 2021 17:12 GMT
#65
On January 12 2021 07:32 deacon.frost wrote:
Now honestly, what was he doing the time and why is he returning now? Is he more optimistic about the future than the rest of us, or he didn't notice how the European scene looks like


I only follow Overwatch and SC2 when it comes to esports so I can fill in a bit. lilbow has been playing professionally for a while, actually since the very beginning. Most of his accomplishments were in Tier 2 Overwatch though; the Overwatch scene has a major Tier 1 scene which the Overwatch League (OWL) and a T2 scene that is composed of various regions (contenders) all over the world. OWL is dominated by Koreans and in the T2 scene most of the eyes are also to the Korean T2 scene. Those players often get the highest chance when it comes to landing trials and so on. Also since OW has a high demand on real-time communication, it gets challenging to build mixed teams, meaning, a lot of teams opt for all-Korean players. Although mixed teams exist and the most successful team in OW is actually a mixed team.

As I said, most of lilbow's accomplishments were in T2. He has been generally in a lot of good EU T2 teams and I have cheered for him whenever I watched him play in T2. However, he was not the most eye-catching player. He was never bad but he also was never that dominant player. In OW, he mostly support which is kind of a stacked role and it is a bit difficult to stand out, however, there are a number of standout support players and it's very hard to compete with them.

About a year ago, he made it to OWL as a coach for Toronto Defiant, one of the OWL team, generally considered to be middle of the pack or in the bottom half. But things didn't work out too well for him and he was released about 4 months ago. Here's his twitlonger about that: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srd4vj
stilt
Profile Joined October 2012
France2755 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-13 19:37:02
January 13 2021 19:36 GMT
#66
He had insane mechanics... But I remember him as being pretty arrogant and antipathic. Well, him or me, people can change.
Other than that, he enjoyed a real favorable meta before getting schred into pieces by Life and resorting the worst excuses.

Anyway, I am still curious to see what his performance will be.
FunKaDeLiC
Profile Joined April 2010
France79 Posts
January 13 2021 21:48 GMT
#67
People are hating on a great player that showed more results in a year than most others in half a decade. Yes, his "excuses" on the 3-0 debacle (talk about an an amazing format) were bad and even I can't argue against it, but I find it hilarious that people can be that salty about it years after when he arguably was the best foreigner in 2015 producing high quality games.

As for the OW informations being thrown around by people that have 100% no idea what they are talking about except for #65, he ended up being crowned OW Contenders Europe champion twice, before transitioning to a coach position in an actual OWLeague team.

His team (Eagle Gaming) was considered to be one of the greatest team to play the GOATs composition that was so dominant. A lot revolved around his ability to make plays with a non shiny role of Lucio.

All i'm saying is; he's one of the actual best foreigners to play sc2, reached great results in an other esports (it's not like there are dozens of players that have that ability to be champions in two totally different games) and still gets shitted on. I guess this is internet.
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
January 13 2021 21:58 GMT
#68
On January 14 2021 06:48 FunKaDeLiC wrote:
People are hating on a great player that showed more results in a year than most others in half a decade. Yes, his "excuses" on the 3-0 debacle (talk about an an amazing format) were bad and even I can't argue against it, but I find it hilarious that people can be that salty about it years after when he arguably was the best foreigner in 2015 producing high quality games.

As for the OW informations being thrown around by people that have 100% no idea what they are talking about except for #65, he ended up being crowned OW Contenders Europe champion twice, before transitioning to a coach position in an actual OWLeague team.

His team (Eagle Gaming) was considered to be one of the greatest team to play the GOATs composition that was so dominant. A lot revolved around his ability to make plays with a non shiny role of Lucio.

All i'm saying is; he's one of the actual best foreigners to play sc2, reached great results in an other esports (it's not like there are dozens of players that have that ability to be champions in two totally different games) and still gets shitted on. I guess this is internet.

So "people" are hating and shitting on him? I am very curious which posters you are replying to because most posts here do not fit the description of hating on him (even though there are one or two of those).

Mentioning his starcraft 2 past because that is what most of remember about him is not hating.

Regarding the overwatch misinformation you are right about that and it was really interesting to read how his time in OW has been since I had no idea.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
January 13 2021 22:32 GMT
#69
On January 14 2021 01:29 VengefulTree wrote:
Nobody seems to be talking about Lilbow's peak form outside of "he was good for a foreigner".

Of course I'm a fan, but at the time the way Lilbow shred through his fellow foreigners was insane. He had the best killer instinct I've ever seen in a foreigner, especially knowing their tendencies to gain leads and then throw them away (qxc vs Jaedong I believe?).

I remember Lilbow doing things like cancelling 2/2 in a heartbeat the second he saw an opportunity to kill bunny. His blink all-ins in PvT and forcefield micro in PvZ were just ruthless.

Also, let's not forget he challenged Hydra multiple times, during an era where he just never lost against foreigners. He ended beating him 3-2 on it's way to his championship, including a game where he came back after being down 1 base to three, on the back of his forcefield micro.

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdutNZO8Wvo&ab_channel=SC2HL


Of course he then fell off in Lotv but during the ending of Hots he was truly a special player.

EDIT : Added this crazy defense :

+ Show Spoiler +
https://youtu.be/LbHIJK-dJcs

I mean, he was the best foreigner in an era were foreigners were shit.
challenging Hydra is nice and all but Hydra back then was far from being a top korean player either and he himself admitted he wouldn't have a chance at going far at Blizzcon even if he practiced.
Of course it demands respect that he was at one point the best foreigner but we don't need to have any delusions about his skill level back then.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
January 13 2021 23:26 GMT
#70
I don’t really understand why people think he has a shot at having better results than the best foreign Protoss. I don’t think he ever reached ShoWTimE / Neeb or even Astrea level (well Astrea is too young so they didn’t play the same extension at the same time, and Neeb probably was still Terran during hots...).
Still cool to see old faces coming back, and maybe he can still obtain good results in LotV; since he will be a total outsider nowadays there won’t be as much pressure to perform as in early LotV (which was also close to the whole BlizzCon thing, and didn’t help to perform either).
WriterMaru
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-14 17:07:25
January 14 2021 11:40 GMT
#71
On January 14 2021 08:26 Poopi wrote:
I don’t really understand why people think he has a shot at having better results than the best foreign Protoss. I don’t think he ever reached ShoWTimE / Neeb or even Astrea level (well Astrea is too young so they didn’t play the same extension at the same time, and Neeb probably was still Terran during hots...).
Still cool to see old faces coming back, and maybe he can still obtain good results in LotV; since he will be a total outsider nowadays there won’t be as much pressure to perform as in early LotV (which was also close to the whole BlizzCon thing, and didn’t help to perform either).


So with this assessment of yours in mind it makes even less sense for him to (re)-join the playing field now IMHO. As much as I welcome any player infusion to the competitive scene nowadays, Lilbow just brings up a bitter taste in my mouth plus I don't consider him a staple of the community in total, but let's wait and see if he can have any impact.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
January 14 2021 11:51 GMT
#72
On January 14 2021 08:26 Poopi wrote:
I don’t really understand why people think he has a shot at having better results than the best foreign Protoss. I don’t think he ever reached ShoWTimE / Neeb or even Astrea level (well Astrea is too young so they didn’t play the same extension at the same time, and Neeb probably was still Terran during hots...).
Still cool to see old faces coming back, and maybe he can still obtain good results in LotV; since he will be a total outsider nowadays there won’t be as much pressure to perform as in early LotV (which was also close to the whole BlizzCon thing, and didn’t help to perform either).

It's just based on his past and people would like to see win some Protoss. And Lilbow was able to do that. Will he be able to do that again? Nobody knows. Same thing applied to Taeja when he returned.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7420 Posts
January 14 2021 11:59 GMT
#73
On January 14 2021 04:36 stilt wrote:
He had insane mechanics... But I remember him as being pretty arrogant and antipathic. Well, him or me, people can change.
Other than that, he enjoyed a real favorable meta before getting schred into pieces by Life and resorting the worst excuses.

Anyway, I am still curious to see what his performance will be.


Finally someone with an edge to him I say
I miss Naniwa and Idra.
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Vision_
Profile Joined September 2018
877 Posts
January 15 2021 12:47 GMT
#74
New Patch Incoming '
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
January 15 2021 14:33 GMT
#75
On January 14 2021 08:26 Poopi wrote:
I don’t really understand why people think he has a shot at having better results than the best foreign Protoss. I don’t think he ever reached ShoWTimE / Neeb or even Astrea level (well Astrea is too young so they didn’t play the same extension at the same time, and Neeb probably was still Terran during hots...).
Still cool to see old faces coming back, and maybe he can still obtain good results in LotV; since he will be a total outsider nowadays there won’t be as much pressure to perform as in early LotV (which was also close to the whole BlizzCon thing, and didn’t help to perform either).

Just for the record Neeb was already playing Protoss when Lilbow won WCS.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
lechatnoir
Profile Joined November 2016
392 Posts
January 15 2021 14:35 GMT
#76
On January 14 2021 02:12 Poaktree wrote:

About a year ago, he made it to OWL as a coach for Toronto Defiant, one of the OWL team, generally considered to be middle of the pack or in the bottom half. But things didn't work out too well for him and he was released about 4 months ago. Here's his twitlonger about that: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srd4vj


That was quite inetresting. I had no real idea what an OWL coach would actually do. Shame his time was cut short there. I'm curious to see him play again.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
January 15 2021 16:57 GMT
#77
On January 15 2021 23:35 lechatnoir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2021 02:12 Poaktree wrote:

About a year ago, he made it to OWL as a coach for Toronto Defiant, one of the OWL team, generally considered to be middle of the pack or in the bottom half. But things didn't work out too well for him and he was released about 4 months ago. Here's his twitlonger about that: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srd4vj


That was quite inetresting. I had no real idea what an OWL coach would actually do. Shame his time was cut short there. I'm curious to see him play again.

Didn't realize what OWL means and I was thinking he was into falconry with owls >< It's similar as when i see gg I wonder why General Grievous is being summoned . This Friday was really mentally exhausting.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46484 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-15 17:14:58
January 15 2021 17:14 GMT
#78
On January 12 2021 07:07 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2021 06:58 starvingbox wrote:
For newcomers to the scene, who exactly is this?

Foreigners struggled a lot vs koreans before region lock, especially during HotS. During last HotS year (2015 iirc), Lilbow who is a french protoss player became the best foreigner, mostly on the back of his great blink play (during protoss blink era), and was the only foreigner to qualify for BlizzCon.

People thus had high hopes for him, and he got cheesed thrice by Life and lost the bo5 3-0 in something like 30 minutes.
It would have been relatively harmless if he didn't say that with everyone practicing LotV, it was hard to find practice partners or something like this. People started mocking him for what they considered a poor excuse for his performance.


I'm glad to see that Lilbow is playing again, and I hope he does well, but let's not pretend he was ever the best foreigner for the year 2015. Unless you mean that he was the best French Protoss player?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
VengefulTree
Profile Joined May 2014
Canada637 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-01-15 18:52:00
January 15 2021 18:50 GMT
#79
On January 16 2021 02:14 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2021 07:07 Poopi wrote:
On January 12 2021 06:58 starvingbox wrote:
For newcomers to the scene, who exactly is this?

Foreigners struggled a lot vs koreans before region lock, especially during HotS. During last HotS year (2015 iirc), Lilbow who is a french protoss player became the best foreigner, mostly on the back of his great blink play (during protoss blink era), and was the only foreigner to qualify for BlizzCon.

People thus had high hopes for him, and he got cheesed thrice by Life and lost the bo5 3-0 in something like 30 minutes.
It would have been relatively harmless if he didn't say that with everyone practicing LotV, it was hard to find practice partners or something like this. People started mocking him for what they considered a poor excuse for his performance.


I'm glad to see that Lilbow is playing again, and I hope he does well, but let's not pretend he was ever the best foreigner for the year 2015. Unless you mean that he was the best French Protoss player?


Who else would it be? According to the 2015 global standings, Lilbow is 13th while the next foreigner is Snute at 26th. Wasn't a very hot year for foreigners

Reference
"I'll temper my comments the best I can. To have Stats ranked anything below 2nd is total absolute bullcrap! A travesty an abomination!" - Rolltide | "When a foreign Terran is about to win, the entire universe conspires against him" - Paulo Coelho
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
January 15 2021 18:56 GMT
#80
On January 16 2021 02:14 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2021 07:07 Poopi wrote:
On January 12 2021 06:58 starvingbox wrote:
For newcomers to the scene, who exactly is this?

Foreigners struggled a lot vs koreans before region lock, especially during HotS. During last HotS year (2015 iirc), Lilbow who is a french protoss player became the best foreigner, mostly on the back of his great blink play (during protoss blink era), and was the only foreigner to qualify for BlizzCon.

People thus had high hopes for him, and he got cheesed thrice by Life and lost the bo5 3-0 in something like 30 minutes.
It would have been relatively harmless if he didn't say that with everyone practicing LotV, it was hard to find practice partners or something like this. People started mocking him for what they considered a poor excuse for his performance.


I'm glad to see that Lilbow is playing again, and I hope he does well, but let's not pretend he was ever the best foreigner for the year 2015. Unless you mean that he was the best French Protoss player?

Well I did not follow sc2 that much in this period but if he was the sole foreigner qualified to BlizzCon, doesn't that make him the de facto best foreigner that year?
WriterMaru
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings80
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech65
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1045
ZZZero.O 155
Dewaltoss 22
Bale 16
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm261
League of Legends
Doublelift7082
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
minikerr21
Other Games
summit1g12060
C9.Mang0326
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1137
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP131
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 55m
Replay Cast
21h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.