• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:45
CEST 06:45
KST 13:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8249 users

soO: My Life as Sisyphus - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
124 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
October 03 2017 23:21 GMT
#61
Thanks for sharing and writing this for us!

soO, you've incited strong feelings in me as a SC2 fan for a long time, for your first three finals you were the greatest of antagonists. You stood as the ultimate opponent against my favorite protoss players, after the third finals and during the time leading up to the fourth I became a really big fan of yours. Since then I've cheered for you and will continue to do so,good luck with everything!
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
pvsnp
Profile Joined January 2017
7676 Posts
October 04 2017 01:03 GMT
#62
soO moonlighting as the newest TL writer.
Denominator of the Universe
TL+ Member
igay
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Australia1178 Posts
October 04 2017 01:21 GMT
#63
Omg isn't he just the greatest?
MVP <3 MKP <3 DRG <3
Aquila Magna
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
Germany38 Posts
October 04 2017 01:50 GMT
#64
This is brilliant. Soo for World Champion 2017!
Semper fidelis.
Emer_ELP
Profile Joined October 2017
1 Post
October 04 2017 02:23 GMT
#65
He deserves a Title and he will get it soon. As a protoss a cheer for soO
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
October 04 2017 03:19 GMT
#66
OMG i would love to see Soo win Blizzcon so much... second choice would be Neeb.

Still one of the best Starcraft players of all time, no matter what.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
October 04 2017 04:05 GMT
#67
On October 04 2017 05:43 mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2017 05:35 Solar424 wrote:
I have BlizzCon left, I’ll ignite my fighting spirit one last time.

So is he retiring after Blizzcon? Would be sad, but not unexpected. All those runner-up finishes must take a lot out of his self-confidence.


soO hasn't made any plans on what he'll do for 2018.

His trying out for ASL might mean something, at least I hope it does.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
stevemachine17
Profile Joined April 2017
45 Posts
October 04 2017 04:23 GMT
#68
I am a big fan soO! My interest in sc2 has been reignited in 2017, and you're a big reason for me. I watch a lot of the major tournaments and I've been following you all year, I chose Zerg and I was so impressed at how many different play styles you use. K will be cheering you on for blizzcon, I hope it won't be your last; but, if it is, you should be proud of what you've accomplished and be happy with this part of your life. Thank you
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
October 04 2017 04:28 GMT
#69
Anyone know what he said specifically in those screenshots? I'm curious.

I've always liked soO, I remember wanting him to get 2nd place during his 3rd and 4th finals just to create a "kong" legacy in SC2, but ever since then I've wanted him to win a GSL. Was bummed he still hasn't won one of those, and I probably root for him now more than any other player in individual leagues.
Isarios
Profile Joined March 2014
United States153 Posts
October 04 2017 05:19 GMT
#70
this actually IS one of the best articles ever on this site...

What a cool guy
Blahhh
gdarky
Profile Joined August 2014
Latvia78 Posts
October 04 2017 07:29 GMT
#71
So Blizzcon will be the end of soO carrier in SCII?
1998-2003 ex-sc player under nickname SoL.Dark.wS
kajtarp
Profile Joined April 2011
Hungary492 Posts
October 04 2017 08:13 GMT
#72
soO, let the fire enter you

www.youtube.com
Why so serious?
kajtarp
Profile Joined April 2011
Hungary492 Posts
October 04 2017 09:17 GMT
#73
"I read people saying I was hindering Zerg from winning the tournament since I had to sacrifice other Zergs to advance. I couldn’t focus on preparing after hearing this. I thought maybe it really would be better if I dropped out; maybe I was standing in their way. As a pro I shouldn’t let such things affect me, but it felt like the games I played over the years were meaningless and my motivation cratered. I think my results reflected that."

That is also such a bullshit and whoever wrote it was rude. Other zergs had their chance to beat soO many times in the past. They also had their chance aswell to reach the finals in GSL, but they didn't/couldn't. So he earned his right to be in those finals. Plus in last GSL even tough Rogue advanced he played such a bad series in RO8. That also felt like a waste. Yes, Dark played good vs Innovation, but unfortunately couldn't win.
Why so serious?
ChriS-X
Profile Joined June 2011
Malaysia1374 Posts
October 04 2017 10:13 GMT
#74
inb4 soo gets 2nd at blizzcon
negativedge
Profile Joined December 2011
4279 Posts
October 04 2017 11:22 GMT
#75
great article, it's always nice to hear from pros in this capacity. from as thoughful a player as soo, more so.
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
October 04 2017 12:05 GMT
#76
"I’ll get myself ready until BlizzCon no matter what and I’ll show you a different side of myself. A career can be decided in a single moment. BlizzCon is my time to redeem my past mistakes" - SoO



"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
Sharkken
Profile Joined October 2012
Jordan141 Posts
October 04 2017 12:55 GMT
#77
Dude, you can't imagine how many fans you have.

I'm cheering for you at Blizzcon! may you rein supreme!

go go Liquid soO
Liquid HerO Best Toss in the World
MaximilianKohler
Profile Joined August 2011
122 Posts
October 04 2017 13:30 GMT
#78
On top of that, it was distressing to become an object of mockery. Before, I believed becoming a good player alone was enough to garner respect from the fans. Instead I received their insults and pity. Soon I thought it was better to drop out quickly if the alternative was to suffer like that.


This is exactly what I've been saying. SoO should be greatly praised for his crazy feat of making it to the finals so consistently & often.

The focus on "oh he only got 2nd" just spits on his incredible achievement.

I would be pissed too if after making to the finals so many times people instead focused on how I never won instead of how crazy a feat it was to make it there so many times in a row.
masters zerg
zealotstim
Profile Joined February 2015
United States455 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-04 14:54:21
October 04 2017 14:16 GMT
#79
soO don't retire after blizzcon! You are so good and you have even more fans than you realize! Do some more streams and I think you will get a lot of donations to continue!
Also: Plenty have won a championship. Nobody has been able to do what soO has.
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
October 04 2017 14:19 GMT
#80
My prediction was Cure vs soO for GSL S1 2018 finals, but I have to reconsider that I guess.

Kinda sad.

I wonder how many players will retire between now and gsl s1...
TL+ Member
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1417
910 86
NotJumperer 78
Bale 42
Hyun 19
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
febbydoto17
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g6852
Coldzera 740
JimRising 623
hungrybox547
WinterStarcraft366
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft273
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick777
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 21
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1043
• Rush961
• Stunt270
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 15m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.