• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13000 users

GSL vs. the World - Invites and Open Voting - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
359 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 18 Next All
TheHumanLife
Profile Joined September 2016
138 Posts
July 19 2017 17:36 GMT
#241
I voted

Dark, ByuN, herO

Snute, uThermal, ShoWTimE


especially it was pretty tough to vote Korean terran, Foreign zerg and terran. But Scarlett and Kelazhur were 2nds that I wanted to vote as well.

if GuMiho can't makes out in wildcard, we won't be able to see both champions GuMiho and Elazer in tournament.
Vutalisk
Profile Joined August 2016
United States680 Posts
July 19 2017 17:37 GMT
#242
ByuN choice is kind of expected given how popular he is but honestly I was hoping for GuMiho. herO is great choice for Protoss (Gogo herO!) and Dark is fine choice for Zerg. I wonder what is the wildcard though, maybe GuMiho.

For foreigners, I like Showtime and he is a great Protoss but his current form is just poor. Hopefully, he can overcome that and show his good form. I don't really like the Scarlett choice. She is good and all but Snute and Elazer would be better choice. Kelazhur is expected. He is the best foreign Terran along Major.

Anyway, congratulations to all.
ShAd_1337
Profile Joined January 2016
Germany1042 Posts
July 19 2017 17:37 GMT
#243
korean wildcard an extra voting or how it will be determined?
I like Dark
Kafka777
Profile Joined December 2015
361 Posts
July 19 2017 18:08 GMT
#244
We have results of a buggy vote where a lot voters from EU and perhaps other regions could not vote normally. Kelazhur might be better than uThermal but most certainly he is not more popular. Scarlett may be more popular than Snute but I strongly doubt that it would be by this margin.
The vote was a bad idea and now the results are also very questionable due to the way it was done..
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
July 19 2017 18:15 GMT
#245
I was hoping Rogue would get in, he's better than Dark is right now.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
July 19 2017 18:21 GMT
#246
On July 20 2017 02:37 ShAd_1337 wrote:
korean wildcard an extra voting or how it will be determined?


Should be based on highest number of votes for 2nd placers but we can't know since we only know % of votes
Liquipedia"Expert"
caznitch
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada645 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-19 18:22:23
July 19 2017 18:21 GMT
#247
On July 20 2017 03:15 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I was hoping Rogue would get in, he's better than Dark is right now.


Huh, you really think so? Watching today's GSL matches, I thought the only reason Dark didn't go to the winner's match is that he was overconfident [yet easily crushed Trap with ever slightly more careful play].

That said Rouge destroying 3 rax reaper with 3 different strats (I forget what tourney I remeber this from) was a brilliant display.

I'd say Rouge can sometimes be made to look silly whereas Dark is, even when stupidly behind after a failed strat, always partially in the game.
why?
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
July 19 2017 18:32 GMT
#248
On July 20 2017 03:15 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I was hoping Rogue would get in, he's better than Dark is right now.


Rogue's been known to lose to foreigners. He can't be trusted
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
romson87
Profile Joined May 2016
Poland487 Posts
July 19 2017 18:58 GMT
#249
I don't think we can really be disappointed with the tournament line -up (hope Gumiho gets the wild card) but I wish Elazer was picked instead of Scarlett.
TL+ Member
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
July 19 2017 19:06 GMT
#250
Welp. A popularity contest is a popularity contest. At least Zest didn't get chosen.
Vutalisk
Profile Joined August 2016
United States680 Posts
July 19 2017 19:22 GMT
#251
On July 20 2017 03:21 caznitch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2017 03:15 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I was hoping Rogue would get in, he's better than Dark is right now.


Huh, you really think so? Watching today's GSL matches, I thought the only reason Dark didn't go to the winner's match is that he was overconfident [yet easily crushed Trap with ever slightly more careful play].

That said Rouge destroying 3 rax reaper with 3 different strats (I forget what tourney I remeber this from) was a brilliant display.

I'd say Rouge can sometimes be made to look silly whereas Dark is, even when stupidly behind after a failed strat, always partially in the game.

It was IEM qualifier match Rogue vs ByuN when he defended 3 rax reapers 3 different ways. Rogue is on the rise lately but for some reason he is inconsistent. One week, he destroyed everyone at GSL and the next got rekt by aLive and lost to Hush. It tends to be the trend of JAGW players. Up and down.
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
July 19 2017 19:22 GMT
#252
They have to open up a spot for the Gumiho at this point
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
Vutalisk
Profile Joined August 2016
United States680 Posts
July 19 2017 19:23 GMT
#253
On July 20 2017 03:58 romson87 wrote:
I don't think we can really be disappointed with the tournament line -up (hope Gumiho gets the wild card) but I wish Elazer was picked instead of Scarlett.

Would love to be Elazer or Snute. They were on fire at Valencia. I prefer to see those two instead of Scarlett and iAsonu.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-19 19:36:06
July 19 2017 19:34 GMT
#254
the line up is alright (although ShoWTime wtf ? He's in a worse slump than Zest... or did I miss something ?). I hope Gumiho gets the wildcard.
bulya
Profile Joined February 2016
Israel386 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-19 19:54:20
July 19 2017 19:52 GMT
#255
I voted for Showtime but it was before Valencia. Afterwards I wished I could have switched my vote for Drogo.
I hope Showtime delivers and prove I was right about him (as now I doubt it), he has an opportunity to deliver in the HSC first.

With iAsonu there for the world I think Elazer would have been the proper choice for the world, as he did better then Scarlett in both the GSL and Valencia, even though in GSL he played his worst match up. And even though he is young he is in a better form then Snute now.

herO and Dark is fine (quite stunned with Zest and sOs getting so many votes, especially after their performance this year, starting with NW4, both losing to Nerchio), but Gumiho should have been the Terran for Korea. Byun is far not in form for the past months. Won't be surprised if Byun loses to one of the foreigners early on there.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-19 20:37:38
July 19 2017 20:36 GMT
#256
Scarlett is the best choice, other foreigners are OK. I would prefer Rogue, but Dark is OK. But ByuN!!! My boy Maru :-( Plus herO should play for his spot a tie break qualifier against sOs :-)
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
July 19 2017 20:47 GMT
#257
I thing we will see a resurgence of ByuN soon. He will be playing HSC, IEM, GSL vs World and of course GSL and I think he will do well.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Meepman
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada610 Posts
July 19 2017 21:21 GMT
#258
On July 20 2017 03:58 romson87 wrote:
I don't think we can really be disappointed with the tournament line -up (hope Gumiho gets the wild card) but I wish Elazer was picked instead of Scarlett.


If Scarlett doesn't throw she's the better choice
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-19 21:42:30
July 19 2017 21:41 GMT
#259
On July 20 2017 06:21 Meepman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2017 03:58 romson87 wrote:
I don't think we can really be disappointed with the tournament line -up (hope Gumiho gets the wild card) but I wish Elazer was picked instead of Scarlett.


If Scarlett doesn't throw she's the better choice

Why? Elazer has proven to be the better player in every way this year. Did better in GSL and WCS both. He also did better last year.

I'm way more of a Scarlett fan than Elazer fan, but just looking at who is stronger, Elazer should've gotten more votes I think.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Meepman
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada610 Posts
July 19 2017 21:53 GMT
#260
On July 20 2017 06:41 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2017 06:21 Meepman wrote:
On July 20 2017 03:58 romson87 wrote:
I don't think we can really be disappointed with the tournament line -up (hope Gumiho gets the wild card) but I wish Elazer was picked instead of Scarlett.


If Scarlett doesn't throw she's the better choice

Why? Elazer has proven to be the better player in every way this year. Did better in GSL and WCS both. He also did better last year.

I'm way more of a Scarlett fan than Elazer fan, but just looking at who is stronger, Elazer should've gotten more votes I think.


I'd argue that almost going 2-0 against innovation is more impressive than looking strong against gumiho. I understand wanting Elazer though - he's waaaaay stronger in zvz (which is why he did better in wcs) and he's on a back of a championship so his mentality will be quite good.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 652
soO 533
BeSt 443
Hyuk 406
Killer 66
Mind 40
Shinee 37
Mong 34
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 659
XcaliburYe179
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister705
ceh9503
Happy276
Livibee166
Mew2King81
crisheroes70
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick544
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH375
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.