• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:45
CEST 00:45
KST 07:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10404 users

iNcontroL to leave EG, announces future plans - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
123 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
warlocke
Profile Joined September 2015
97 Posts
November 25 2016 05:27 GMT
#101
A couple years back I thought incontrol was cringy and had terrible commentary. Fast forward to present day I think he is legitly funny. Hope to see more great work next year too!
an average player whom can only F2 + a-move
OveRtheStarS
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada69 Posts
November 25 2016 05:42 GMT
#102
You've got this Geoff.
If everyone loves you, you're not doing it right.
Ash
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Malaysia1978 Posts
November 25 2016 08:13 GMT
#103
All the best Geoff! I can still vividly remember the active forum poster {88}InControl in WGTour forum. Who would've thought this guy would make it so big back then.

Really happy to know what you've accomplished all these years and looking forward to hear from you again!
Topdoller
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3860 Posts
November 25 2016 11:12 GMT
#104
All the best Geoff for the future, you have been a great ambassador for the game with EG and hope it all goes well in your future endeavors
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
November 25 2016 11:43 GMT
#105
+ Show Spoiler +
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Taf the Ghost
Profile Joined December 2010
United States11751 Posts
November 25 2016 11:58 GMT
#106
Is Geoff still going to be the "announcement of an announcement" guy?
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
November 25 2016 14:32 GMT
#107
Not followed SC2 since early 2012, but I have always liked Geoff and his wife a lot, despite I have an ambivalent relation with EG.

I think this is a very good move by him, and I wish him and his family all the best.
LiangHao
Drmooose
Profile Joined March 2011
United States390 Posts
November 25 2016 14:47 GMT
#108
Best of luck man! Always rooting for the OG EG guys
I have a question...
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
November 25 2016 15:58 GMT
#109
So I am myself taking a break from SC2 because of the new patch. Really dislike the way the game is moving but I wanted to give a big shoutout to Incontrol. You have done so much for the scene throughout the years. Streaming, casting, being part of EG, talkshows and being an overall fantastic community figure. So thanks for your passion and everything else that has made you such an important part of this community. Glad to see you are still gonna be part of the SCII scene.

I wish you all the best in the future whatever it might bring.
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
November 25 2016 17:31 GMT
#110
Dolla doll bill y'all.
I hope he streams brood war too.
His zvt's rad.
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
November 26 2016 02:25 GMT
#111
Sounds like some pretty good post-EG plans.
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
November 26 2016 05:32 GMT
#112
Good luck Geoff, I'm kinda disapointed because I kinda assumed after all this time, you were going to transition into some type of career at EG/Twitch/Amazon like I've seen some other EG people have done.

You're a smart, clever guy so I know you'll find your path.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
cha0
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada518 Posts
November 26 2016 05:47 GMT
#113
Obligatory "Who is Artosis" iNcontroL Q&A:
sword_siege
Profile Joined September 2002
United States624 Posts
November 27 2016 09:48 GMT
#114
You're top tier talent homey. I shared Gamestop's midnight opening of Starcraft 2 with you. SC2 has been a great run and I'm sure someone of your caliber will find success. Keep working hard. It will be rewarded!
DisillusionedAcronym
Profile Joined September 2011
190 Posts
November 27 2016 17:29 GMT
#115
good luck, geoff. i have not always been a fan but i have come to really appreciate you - both from your commentating and on the co-optional podcast. i think you will do very well in your new venture and look forward to continuing to follow you. :-)
VasHeR
Profile Joined June 2011
166 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-27 19:26:27
November 27 2016 18:23 GMT
#116
On November 24 2016 15:27 Nakajin wrote:
Wow Incontrol pulling the old "I am going to stay in the starcraft scene" when he is turning his back on us. I hope you die eaten by a shark, after you just escape of your car you drove into the ocean because you got your eye burn by trying to watch an eclipse while driving.

+ Show Spoiler +
Jk I am not mad at you for leaving EG, and I know how much you love SC2 and how many hours of work you have given to this community. + Show Spoiler +
I just want you to die in a terrible fashion because I generaly hate you!


User was temp banned for this post.


Who moderates this site? Angela Merkel?
Banning InControl's fan for a goofy/trolly farewell post... Is this a gaming website?

Is it possible InControl might appreciate this creative, joking paragraph more than a post that just says "Bye InControl!"?? There was nothing that was mean-spirited that was meant seriously in the post and if you think there was then you are mentally ill.
pajoondies
Profile Joined February 2014
United States316 Posts
November 27 2016 19:11 GMT
#117
haven't been watching much SC2 since LotV released but I always find myself trying to tune in to events where Geoff is on the panel or commentating. One of the funniest guys in all of esports and absolutely my favorite SC2 player/personality. The guy is gonna keep kicking butt I'm sure :D
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
November 27 2016 19:37 GMT
#118
On November 28 2016 03:23 VasHeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2016 15:27 Nakajin wrote:
Wow Incontrol pulling the old "I am going to stay in the starcraft scene" when he is turning his back on us. I hope you die eaten by a shark, after you just escape of your car you drove into the ocean because you got your eye burn by trying to watch an eclipse while driving.

+ Show Spoiler +
Jk I am not mad at you for leaving EG, and I know how much you love SC2 and how many hours of work you have given to this community. + Show Spoiler +
I just want you to die in a terrible fashion because I generaly hate you!


User was temp banned for this post.


Who moderates this site? Angela Merkel?
Banning InControl's fan for a goofy/trolly farewell post... Is this a gaming website?

Is it possible InControl might appreciate this creative, joking paragraph more than a post that just says "Bye InControl!"?? There was nothing that was mean-spirited that was meant seriously in the post and if you think there was then you are mentally ill.

If you have problems with moderation, best to take it to website feedback.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
November 27 2016 22:27 GMT
#119
Best of luck Geoff.

I think you're one of the most entertaining personalities in all of gaming not just Starcraft.
Kenthros
Profile Joined August 2012
United States95 Posts
November 28 2016 16:45 GMT
#120
Congrats on your future, looking forward to the shoutcraft and sc2 streams.
Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 139
ViBE92
CosmosSc2 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 573
Artosis 461
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever461
League of Legends
JimRising 488
Counter-Strike
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5736
Liquid`Hasu1357
Other Games
summit1g7285
shahzam548
byalli344
C9.Mang0210
Trikslyr39
ZombieGrub22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream189
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 96
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 15m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 15m
Stellar Fest
14h 15m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.