• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:54
CEST 19:54
KST 02:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9834 users

Awesome New StarCraft Parody [Dead On]

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-05 10:11:22
July 05 2016 09:53 GMT
#1
Overview:
ascpraiise here bringing you the Highly Anticipated Starcraft Parody to Drake’s Hotline Bling.

In this Rap Parody I transformed the entire lyric sheet word-for-word into a Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void song. The songs about the frustration that protoss players go through when dealing with one of the many super early game cheeses from Zerg- Overlord Drops. This is a complete remake with original remixed content written and recorded by ascpraiise.

Among a plethora of Starcraft content, I will be releasing several SC2 Parodies alongside some of my favorite guides, motivational videos, and humorous Starcraft content. This is all with the goal in mind to rekindle excitement for this awesome expansion: Legacy of the Void.

I also understand for streamers how frustrating it is when songs are muted out of your stream because of copyright issues. That is wy I am providing this song among others for Free Download so you guys can have cool Starcraft music that won’t be edited out of your stream VODs.

Without further ado, I present: "Dropped By Lings" (A Starcraft Parody) by. ascpraiise Free Song Download Available



Song Lyrics:

+ Show Spoiler +

Chorus:
You used to have to wait to drop more,
But now your skipping speed I’ve had enough,
You used to hide it so dang well oh, oh,
but lately you don’t need to hide the rush,
and I don’t know your dropping lings,
And that can only mean one thing,
I don’t know your dropping lings,
Please don’t make me leave and scream,

Verse 1:
Ever since we left expansion two,
You got a reputation for yourself now,
I can take a third so quick your stressed out,
You don’t want to play no more you’ve checked out,
Ever since we left expansion two,
you started making less and moving out more,
finger stuck on Z how are you not sore,
hang outside my high-ground until that drop support,

Chorus:
You used to have to wait to drop more,
but now your skipping speed I’ve had enough,
used to hide it so dang well oh, oh,
but lately you don’t need to hide the rush,
and I don’t know your dropping lings,
And that can only mean one thing,
I don’t know your dropping lings,
Please don’t make me leave and scream,

Verse 2:
Ever since I left my natural you, you, you,
Hate adepts so much we never get along,
Mad at David Kim as if he did you wrong,
Now you’re going places that you don’t belong,
Ever since I drop my Stargate you,
You got exactly what you hoped for,
If I make an oracle you’re overjoyed
(oh no) I can’t kill your overlords,

Chorus:
You used to have to wait to drop more,
now you just make queens I’ve had enough,
You used to hide it so dang well oh, oh,
but lately you don’t even to hide the rush,
I don’t know you’re dropping lings,
And that can only mean one thing,
I don’t know your dropping lings,
Please don’t make me leave and scream,

Bridge:
These days, all I do is, wonder if you play a normal game with somebody else,
Wonder if you ladder grind the same with somebody else,
Doing other cheeses unashamed with somebody else,
Please go find someone else,
I’m seeking mental help, no

Why you don’t go home,
My adepts just wanted to roam,
I know some maps you don’t condone,
But that don’t mean you don’t drone,
made me pickup my phone,
I think I need to call Rain,
But guys like me are unknown...

Chorus:
You used to have to wait to drop more,
Please don’t make me leave I’ve had enough,
I’m finally getting to the mid-game,
but you just want to steal my fun,
and I know I got dropped by lings,
And that can only mean one thing,
I know your that your dropping lings,
Face palm, I leave and I just can’t, gg


The Artist:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Free download:

https://soundcloud.com/user-581321653/ascpraiise-dropped-by-lings-starcraft-parody-drake-hotline-bling-remix

Want to hear more parodies? Subscribe & request a parody from ascpraiise. Lets bring back the Hype to the Greatest game ever made!

Bonus:

Any streamer who downloads and plays this song on stream let me know on twitter and I would love to tweet and show support to your stream. Thanks everyone.
God is Good.
WhosQuany
Profile Joined June 2013
Germany257 Posts
July 05 2016 10:06 GMT
#2
Hahaha nice, lmao!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually love these Starcraft songs I wish there were more. For a short time we had like a Music scene gj!!!
ty
Goin back to Cali
Gen.Rolly
Profile Joined September 2011
United States200 Posts
July 05 2016 10:25 GMT
#3
Wow, that was tight.
Vector locked in.
sc2chronic
Profile Joined May 2012
United States777 Posts
July 05 2016 10:54 GMT
#4
lmao nice
terrible, terrible, damage
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
July 05 2016 13:41 GMT
#5
@WhosQuany Thank you, yea Temp0 is all we have now for music but I hope to change that. If you checkout the free download section of the post I have other Starcraft music on my soundcloud. Feel free to enjoy it all.

@GenRolly Thank you.

@sc2chronic Thank you.
God is Good.
pundurs
Profile Joined August 2014
Latvia38 Posts
July 05 2016 14:07 GMT
#6
ascpraiise, good stuff, as always! Keep 'em coming!
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
July 05 2016 16:37 GMT
#7
@pundurs Thanks man, I appreciate you stoppin by and checking it out, feel free to get your free download.
God is Good.
Rantech
Profile Joined April 2010
Chile527 Posts
July 05 2016 18:29 GMT
#8
Song is good, but you are really out of tune.
good work tho!
Sholip
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
Hungary422 Posts
July 05 2016 19:08 GMT
#9
I like how you yourself call it "awesome" in the title... but it's totally justified because it is freakin awesome.

Someone show this to Rotti, he loves the original song afaik
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer. Also, Zest is best." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
July 05 2016 19:24 GMT
#10
@Rantech Yea, thankfully a song with no auto-tune that's offkey in areas reinforces the "parody" theme. I think if you listen to the original its pretty close. I tried...lol

@Sholip Thanks man you're awesome. Maybe YOU should email or shout it out to ROtti's stream chat. I'll try as well.
God is Good.
Garemie
Profile Joined April 2011
United States248 Posts
July 05 2016 21:06 GMT
#11
Holy shit I love it.

Adding this to my SC2 playlist to blast while driving through town.
Bomber | CJ herO | Snute
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
July 05 2016 23:24 GMT
#12
@Garemie I can't thank you enough and especially appreciate you stopping by to let me know what you think about it!
God is Good.
NinaTV
Profile Joined July 2011
27 Posts
July 06 2016 06:35 GMT
#13
So proud of you aScPraiise so good
Progamer
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
July 06 2016 13:50 GMT
#14
@puCK ever since you took over the NA scene I had to figure out something else to do with my life...

God is Good.
halomonian
Profile Joined January 2012
Brazil255 Posts
July 06 2016 14:06 GMT
#15
SICK CITY
thoughts in chaos | enjOy[dream]
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
July 06 2016 17:20 GMT
#16
On July 06 2016 23:06 halomonian wrote:
SICK CITY


Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
God is Good.
RipeNomad
Profile Joined January 2016
Canada12 Posts
July 11 2016 21:44 GMT
#17
Had to send this to all my SC buddies right away! Nice work mate!
"We have a kitchen!?"
Jenia6109
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Russian Federation1613 Posts
July 11 2016 21:56 GMT
#18
You could only make coub with Drake throwing some banelings or something and make much more popularity, you know...
INnoVation TY Maru | Classic Stats Dear sOs Zest herO | Rogue Dark soO
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
July 13 2016 20:10 GMT
#19
@RipeNomad, your awesome man! Thank you for spreading the love.
God is Good.
aScPraiise
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States100 Posts
July 14 2016 16:48 GMT
#20
What should be the next parody guys?!?!? Any suggestions?
God is Good.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem485
IndyStarCraft 214
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 485
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 62
JuggernautJason4
IndyStarCraft 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16898
BeSt 399
Soma 192
Mini 145
Dewaltoss 121
Mind 95
hero 71
Zeus 45
Hyun 42
ToSsGirL 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
NaDa 20
Rock 19
PianO 15
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5471
qojqva2877
Dendi1543
420jenkins469
Counter-Strike
fl0m3990
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4610
Khaldor1314
Liquid`Hasu1131
MindelVK8
Other Games
FrodaN1647
B2W.Neo808
byalli451
Hui .174
ArmadaUGS159
QueenE85
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
StarCraft 2
angryscii 6
Other Games
BasetradeTV0
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 29
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 44
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3867
League of Legends
• Nemesis2492
Other Games
• imaqtpie621
• Shiphtur250
• WagamamaTV213
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 7m
Replay Cast
5h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 7m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.