• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:29
CEST 05:29
KST 12:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8122 users

Tasteless to Cast SSL & Moonglade Leaves - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
112 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-07 11:34:32
January 07 2016 11:28 GMT
#41
On January 07 2016 20:08 brickrd wrote:
moonglade was twice the caster tasteless could ever hope to be and same goes no matter who you replace tasteless's name with. funny, knowledgeable, professional, made watching SC feel like more than a nerdy hobby


I have to laugh out loud at the notion that Moonglade is in the same galaxy of casting as someone like Artosis/Apollo/Nathanias/Tod, never mind "twice the caster" that they are. I wouldn't even put him on the next rung with Rotterdam, iNcontroL, Tasteless, and TotalBiscuit. This isn't a knock against the guy, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent chap, but I'm very happy to get an influx of Tasteless into SSL and hopefully Proleague as well.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Korakys
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
New Zealand272 Posts
January 07 2016 11:33 GMT
#42
Oohh this thread is heating up. Caster fight!

Poll: Who do you least want to see leave regular Korean casting

(Vote): Tasteless
(Vote): Artosis
(Vote): Wolf
(Vote): Valdes

Swing away sOs, swing away.
robih
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria1086 Posts
January 07 2016 11:34 GMT
#43
On January 07 2016 20:33 Korakys wrote:
Oohh this thread is heating up. Caster fight!

Poll: Who do you least want to see leave regular Korean casting

(Vote): Tasteless
(Vote): Artosis
(Vote): Wolf
(Vote): Valdes




moonglade
Korakys
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
New Zealand272 Posts
January 07 2016 11:37 GMT
#44
On January 07 2016 20:34 robih wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 20:33 Korakys wrote:
Oohh this thread is heating up. Caster fight!

+ Show Spoiler +
Poll: Who do you least want to see leave regular Korean casting

(Vote): Tasteless
(Vote): Artosis
(Vote): Wolf
(Vote): Valdes




moonglade

He already left so that's why I didn't put him on the poll. I'm sad to see him go too though.
Swing away sOs, swing away.
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-07 11:39:47
January 07 2016 11:39 GMT
#45
On January 07 2016 20:28 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 20:08 brickrd wrote:
moonglade was twice the caster tasteless could ever hope to be and same goes no matter who you replace tasteless's name with. funny, knowledgeable, professional, made watching SC feel like more than a nerdy hobby


I have to laugh out loud at the notion that Moonglade is in the same galaxy of casting as someone like Artosis/Apollo/Nathanias/Tod, never mind "twice the caster" that they are. I wouldn't even put him on the next rung with Rotterdam, iNcontroL, Tasteless, and TotalBiscuit. This isn't a knock against the guy, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent chap, but I'm very happy to get an influx of Tasteless into SSL and hopefully Proleague as well.
i'm aware that tasteless is very popular, and there's nothing wrong with liking what's popular and nostalgic. and you're certainly entitled to like what you like. there's certainly no accounting for taste - your list is pretty funny to me as well
TL+ Member
SpecKROELLchen
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-07 11:49:44
January 07 2016 11:49 GMT
#46
When i watched tasteless and artosis casting the pre GSL, they hyped it so much. And it wasnt just the standard "this is the best league bla", they had so much fun watching these games.
I hope their passion rises again. And if tasteless decides to cast 2 leagues that means for me that he has more interest.
In hots he seemed to lack in knowledge and passion.
So i like this choise.
trada
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany347 Posts
January 07 2016 12:00 GMT
#47
I love it when tasteless casts games. I never understand why some people hated on him because he doesnt play as much anymore. Tastosis make a great combo also because tasteless explains the little things that are not obvious for players with less experience which is good to draw in a bigger audience. Most other casters dont do that.

Sad to see moonglade go ofc, but it seems he has other plans with the next expansion.
~
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
January 07 2016 12:09 GMT
#48
On January 07 2016 20:39 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 20:28 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 07 2016 20:08 brickrd wrote:
moonglade was twice the caster tasteless could ever hope to be and same goes no matter who you replace tasteless's name with. funny, knowledgeable, professional, made watching SC feel like more than a nerdy hobby


I have to laugh out loud at the notion that Moonglade is in the same galaxy of casting as someone like Artosis/Apollo/Nathanias/Tod, never mind "twice the caster" that they are. I wouldn't even put him on the next rung with Rotterdam, iNcontroL, Tasteless, and TotalBiscuit. This isn't a knock against the guy, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent chap, but I'm very happy to get an influx of Tasteless into SSL and hopefully Proleague as well.
i'm aware that tasteless is very popular, and there's nothing wrong with liking what's popular and nostalgic. and you're certainly entitled to like what you like. there's certainly no accounting for taste - your list is pretty funny to me as well


I only watched sc2 from HotS and I still prefer tasteless over Moonglade. Nothing against Moon, but he does not have the jokes of tasteless. People really have to stop accusing people's bias due to nostalgia and not personal preference
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
January 07 2016 12:10 GMT
#49
On January 07 2016 21:00 trada wrote:
I love it when tasteless casts games. I never understand why some people hated on him because he doesnt play as much anymore. Tastosis make a great combo also because tasteless explains the little things that are not obvious for players with less experience which is good to draw in a bigger audience. Most other casters dont do that.

Sad to see moonglade go ofc, but it seems he has other plans with the next expansion.


imo tasteless was better oveerall in explaining the game than Moonglade was. Then again, Moonglade had less experience and less overall knowledge of all races (I'm guessing).
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
January 07 2016 12:17 GMT
#50
On January 07 2016 21:09 swissman777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 20:39 brickrd wrote:
On January 07 2016 20:28 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 07 2016 20:08 brickrd wrote:
moonglade was twice the caster tasteless could ever hope to be and same goes no matter who you replace tasteless's name with. funny, knowledgeable, professional, made watching SC feel like more than a nerdy hobby


I have to laugh out loud at the notion that Moonglade is in the same galaxy of casting as someone like Artosis/Apollo/Nathanias/Tod, never mind "twice the caster" that they are. I wouldn't even put him on the next rung with Rotterdam, iNcontroL, Tasteless, and TotalBiscuit. This isn't a knock against the guy, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent chap, but I'm very happy to get an influx of Tasteless into SSL and hopefully Proleague as well.
i'm aware that tasteless is very popular, and there's nothing wrong with liking what's popular and nostalgic. and you're certainly entitled to like what you like. there's certainly no accounting for taste - your list is pretty funny to me as well


I only watched sc2 from HotS and I still prefer tasteless over Moonglade. Nothing against Moon, but he does not have the jokes of tasteless. People really have to stop accusing people's bias due to nostalgia and not personal preference

i didn't accuse anything though? i was saying that tasteless is popular and people have nostalgic feelings for him, which is true. i also said there's no accounting for taste and that he can like what he likes. seems as though you're looking for a fight where there isn't one?
TL+ Member
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-07 12:22:57
January 07 2016 12:21 GMT
#51
On January 07 2016 21:00 trada wrote:
I never understand why some people hated on him because he doesnt play as much anymore.


Let me know if this sounds familiar:

"Now, I think... and I could be wrong here, but I think this just might be the beginning of the end here for our Terran player. But hold on, here come the reinforcements!" 30 supply of Terran army run in from just off-screen. "This could maybe be enough -- no, it looks like just barely, the Zerg will keep his fourth. I just don't see any way for the Terran to come back into this game." 5 minutes later, the Terran's 3/3 push has allowed him to kill the Zerg's fourth and third. "This right here looks like the tipping point, the straw that's going to break this Zerg camel's back! The game is over, we're just watching the death animation."

I love Tasteless, but he does more casting "no-no's" than anyone else I consider a good caster. His energy and charisma are just high enough to usually make up for it.
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
waiting2Bbanned
Profile Joined November 2015
United States154 Posts
January 07 2016 12:55 GMT
#52
Tasteless is really entertaining, especially with Artosis, but Moonglade's knowledge of the game is lightyears above him.
I'll take useful information and game sense over funny banter any day in a SC2 cast, but I'm obviously in the minority here..
"If you are going to break the law, do it with two thousand people.. and Mozart." - Howard Zinn
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
January 07 2016 13:32 GMT
#53
On January 07 2016 21:17 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 21:09 swissman777 wrote:
On January 07 2016 20:39 brickrd wrote:
On January 07 2016 20:28 pure.Wasted wrote:
On January 07 2016 20:08 brickrd wrote:
moonglade was twice the caster tasteless could ever hope to be and same goes no matter who you replace tasteless's name with. funny, knowledgeable, professional, made watching SC feel like more than a nerdy hobby


I have to laugh out loud at the notion that Moonglade is in the same galaxy of casting as someone like Artosis/Apollo/Nathanias/Tod, never mind "twice the caster" that they are. I wouldn't even put him on the next rung with Rotterdam, iNcontroL, Tasteless, and TotalBiscuit. This isn't a knock against the guy, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent chap, but I'm very happy to get an influx of Tasteless into SSL and hopefully Proleague as well.
i'm aware that tasteless is very popular, and there's nothing wrong with liking what's popular and nostalgic. and you're certainly entitled to like what you like. there's certainly no accounting for taste - your list is pretty funny to me as well


I only watched sc2 from HotS and I still prefer tasteless over Moonglade. Nothing against Moon, but he does not have the jokes of tasteless. People really have to stop accusing people's bias due to nostalgia and not personal preference

i didn't accuse anything though? i was saying that tasteless is popular and people have nostalgic feelings for him, which is true. i also said there's no accounting for taste and that he can like what he likes. seems as though you're looking for a fight where there isn't one?

There's no fight. I just wanted to state my opinion that people in TL community should stop assuming that people like tastosis due to nostalgia. It may be true that some do, but what you're implying by saying that is not fair. Tasteless and artosis definitely have their own and legitimate style that is entertaining. Given the current situation that a lot of tastosis haters blame the supporters as nostalgia lovers, I wanted to get that out of the system.
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
January 07 2016 13:38 GMT
#54
moonglade was the best
maru G5L pls
paralleluniverse
Profile Joined July 2010
4065 Posts
January 07 2016 13:40 GMT
#55
Moonglade was a super entertaining and analytical caster. I'll definitely miss him in SSL.
iamkaokao
Profile Joined March 2011
108 Posts
January 07 2016 13:41 GMT
#56
i liked moonglade , really sucks to see him go ..
20-Minute-Jackal
Profile Joined May 2015
United States336 Posts
January 07 2016 13:46 GMT
#57
I hope to see Tasteless also casting Proleague, along with Artosis too!
Grizvok1
Profile Joined November 2015
3 Posts
January 07 2016 13:49 GMT
#58
On January 07 2016 20:28 pure.Wasted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 20:08 brickrd wrote:
moonglade was twice the caster tasteless could ever hope to be and same goes no matter who you replace tasteless's name with. funny, knowledgeable, professional, made watching SC feel like more than a nerdy hobby


I have to laugh out loud at the notion that Moonglade is in the same galaxy of casting as someone like Artosis/Apollo/Nathanias/Tod, never mind "twice the caster" that they are. I wouldn't even put him on the next rung with Rotterdam, iNcontroL, Tasteless, and TotalBiscuit. This isn't a knock against the guy, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent chap, but I'm very happy to get an influx of Tasteless into SSL and hopefully Proleague as well.


And I have to laugh at you for thinking he's not. Look who he casts with the vast majority of the time...two dudes who are just awful both at game analysis and hyping things. He literally got dragged down by the casting of Wolf and Valdez all day every day.

Oh and all those people you named? For the most part their analysis isn't even good. You are comparing casters with analysts which is straight up retarded.
Cuce
Profile Joined March 2011
Turkey1127 Posts
January 07 2016 13:56 GMT
#59
Yay my beatiful prince is casting more
64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
Damusson
Profile Joined December 2014
Canada54 Posts
January 07 2016 14:00 GMT
#60
I love Tasteless and am happy to be seeing more of him. But at the same time, it's sad to see Moonglade go.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 207
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2244
Shuttle 1340
Bale 56
Dewaltoss 42
NaDa 31
Noble 28
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 658
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox692
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor897
Other Games
summit1g8936
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft319
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP153
• Hupsaiya 132
• davetesta17
• Letter145
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo747
Other Games
• Scarra907
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 32m
OSC
18h 32m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.