• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9630 users

#WhyILoveSC2 - Five Years Celebration - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
237 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
IMVisionzerg
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany1 Post
July 19 2015 06:19 GMT
#41
Being a loyal GSL viewer, the pure joy of watching the best players in the world competing against each other is just the best thing in the world. That's why I love SC2.
HuK
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1591 Posts
July 19 2015 06:31 GMT
#42
On July 19 2015 09:37 thragar wrote:
A lot of why I love SC2 is because of TeamLiquid. When I first started in beta I didn't even know about eSports, I just wanted to learn how to play the game better. But TL got me hooked fast. I was trying out builds on my own but also following Canadian heroes like HuK closely.

These days even though I don't play as much, TL keeps me in the loop. The events calendar is something I check everyday and provides me with so much entertainment. On top of that, Liquidpedia is the shining standard for eSports wikis. I just love how hard everyone in this scene works, from BaseTradeTV to TL.

Thanks for 5 years of memories and fun, SC2!



How old is your daughter ?
ProgamerLive like a God or die like a Slave 11:11
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
July 19 2015 06:44 GMT
#43
Because I touched the leather gracket

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
July 19 2015 06:55 GMT
#44
There will be some cool videos coming out soon related to this!
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
July 19 2015 06:57 GMT
#45
Also it reads "Join in the Celebtration" on the front page
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
theWalrusSC2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States78 Posts
July 19 2015 07:19 GMT
#46
SC2 is way more than a game to me. It's a passion that has effected positively all aspects of my life. Lifelong friends, unforgettable trips, amazing competitive experiences, and endless hours of entertainment.
DuSt Gaming http://www.teamdust.net/
EGVicThoR
Profile Joined September 2013
Romania2 Posts
July 19 2015 07:54 GMT
#47
I love SC2 because it brought 5 years worth of good times and fun into my life! From games like Soulkey bringing it back vs. Innovation and staying up late to watch epic series unfold, it gave me many memories to look back on with a smile on my face!

The best memory would probably be my first DreamHack Bucharest, Taeja winning (beating SoS, Life and Inno), TeamLiquid beating up Acer and meeting Day9 in person!

StarCraft is love, StarCraft is life!
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-19 07:58:31
July 19 2015 07:55 GMT
#48
It's no longer a matter of love but of life. I'm only 18 yet I've played SC2 since 1999-2000 :D

Not to mention its hard not to love a game with DRG HuK sOs Dream San PartinG Polt and Scarlett play at a professional level :D
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
BoYoB
Profile Joined March 2011
France83 Posts
July 19 2015 07:59 GMT
#49
WhyILoveSC2 ? Because I'm french !
Frostwind
Profile Joined May 2011
United States16 Posts
July 19 2015 08:04 GMT
#50
amazing game since sc1, met amazing ppl through the community and made friendships that i never thought were possible, much love for sc2 ❤️
Noam
Profile Joined September 2010
Israel2209 Posts
July 19 2015 08:11 GMT
#51
There's just something about this person that makes me smile.
Liquipedia
Pino
Profile Joined June 2013
1032 Posts
July 19 2015 08:50 GMT
#52
My father came back from work in 1998 with SCI in his hands.

I had been playing diablo and warcraft 2 with my brothers so we were already aware of its release.

And then we've played countless hours together, or on b.net.

I remember us catching ElkY vs BoxeR WCG videos and that was glorious.

Now I don't have much time to play, or even watch because of work, but it's still a good reason tell the g.f. from time to time "sorry honey, tonight is starcraft time".

I love starcraft simply because mentioning these recollections brings a small tear to my eyes .
PrioRi
Profile Joined June 2012
Switzerland21 Posts
July 19 2015 08:59 GMT
#53
I never played a lot of PC games back in the day until 2010. After joining a new school I lost almost all of my friends and didn't know most of the ppl in my class. The first real contact was a guy who played a ton of CS back in time and he told me about this new RTS called StarCraft 2 which was still in beta back then. After watching HasuObs storming Terrans I got immediately hooked and watched everything I was able to (shoutout to TakeTV and the TL who I am a big fan of!)

5 years and a long quest through bronze league later I am laddering as a master league player, found a new passion in esport since 2010 and made new friends in RL aswell as ingame. Thanks for everything StarCraft 2, I ♥ you!
It's not who you are underneath - it's what you do that defines you.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
July 19 2015 09:09 GMT
#54


That's the case whether you play yourself and finally pull off a sick game after practicing a style for a while, or if you are just cheering for your favourite player in an intense game.

I never felt as excited for another game. In how many other games do people have ladder anxiety? Sure this might be a bad thing, but it just proves how sick and intense sc2 is as a game. Playing this game is literally exhausting and feels like a mental workout, there is just nothing quite like it. In a time where everybody decided to make 5v5 games, sc2 is a precious gem!

Oh and Jaedong! Jaedong is love, Jaedong is life. That we have the best community out of any game is obvious .
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-19 09:35:25
July 19 2015 09:34 GMT
#55
I love playing SC2 because the game is demanding and rewarding, with a wide array of builds and strategies.

I love watching SC2 more than any other sports. A SC2 series is the ultimate test of will and skill, and the interactions mid series between two evenly matched players are sometimes fascinating.

Happy birthday SC2 I just hope they don't make a retarded ingame celebration like they did last year, man those hats kept me off the game for a freaking week.
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
July 19 2015 09:44 GMT
#56
I love SC2 because it's the most skill testing game I know and I can always find someone to talk to about it, as well as something to watch. I know that if I work hard in the game, I can see the results.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
neteX
Profile Joined April 2015
Sweden285 Posts
July 19 2015 09:48 GMT
#57
I only love sc2 cus its a sequel to the best game ever.
http://www.twitter.com/neteXLoL flw pls
IceBerrY
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany220 Posts
July 19 2015 09:55 GMT
#58
It is the only game I stopped really playing but continued watching a ton. At this point I don´t even
know why i love this game, I just do. I feel it might be a combination of the beauty of the game, watching amazing marine splits
and knowing the effort behind it and on the other hand the personalities. The second one is really important, there are not many games were the interaction and friendship is that big between Casters/Observer and Players, which is unique. (Dota isn´t anything like that) We aren´t the biggest e-sport anymore, but the most elitist and thats great. Cheers!
fjjotizz
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden153 Posts
July 19 2015 10:09 GMT
#59
Remember seeing SC BW when I was ~10 years old. Loved it back then because it was so f-ing cool. Love it now because of how stimulating and rewarding it is to improve. And because of the life long relationship I've had to it..
"I'm a creepy guy. Tasteless, if it would make my units move faster, I would peek in everyones window in Seoul."
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
July 19 2015 10:44 GMT
#60


There's so much to say but so few characters, I love sc2 but what connects me to them the most are players like Creator and innovation. I know they both care about playing and winning but they both show it differently, this says a lot about a person. How they handle challenges and how they cope with defeat, we get to see it all, players like Curious and soO really inspire me. To stand up and fall and stand up again just to fall and repeat this cycle until nothing can knock you down, sc2 is a mental and cerebral(lol) game but not just based on the strategy in that one game or BO mindgames. Its a mental game on so many levels before you even sit down in the booth. So many dimensions that affects who will, in the end be the champion and today! This month, Curious and soO are those champions, that makes me so happy!
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 45m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 45m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.